View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #22
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
All fine... I just dislike the superlatives and these threads do tend to be about attention getting. This product (like any) is not without flaws and complaints should be welcome, when constructive. I hate seeing someone shit all over something the developers put a lot of hard work into, however. Some of your complaints are quite valid, but some are fairly petty or a bit nonsensical (ex. hating a theme before seeing it??) and just seem to serve to make a problem look bigger than it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
These threads are started by people who think the DAW is going to make their hit album and they don't need to know musicianship, songwriting, instrumentation, arrangements or marketing.
This doesn't describe Robert by a looooong shot. Robert writes, what I consider, one of the best DAW user blogs out there, and has been writing extensive and well informed (and even handed) overviews of DAWs and plugins for a long time. And an excellent musician to boot. I hate to say it, but responding in that manner is an example of part of why this forum has the rep he describes. You start with the assumption that he's a dolt and take it from there. It's a real swing-and-a-miss.

Actually, the first thing that occurred to me regarding the forum perception is that I belong to a food coop in Brooklyn (a large and long historied one, often written about). And if you ask anyone who doesn't belong to it what its like you'll get negative responses alluding to elitist leftist attitudes, stubborn hippies and stories of horrendous shopping and work shifts. But if you ask someone who actually belongs to it they'll always say it's terrific, not hippie slanted at all, insanely friendly and not elitist at all. Etc, etc. But no one comes to the coop to interview people the periodic article on it, they always stop people in the neighborhood and get that same ill informed story. I don't think it even matters what the Cockos forums contain for people to have their negative opinions about it.