View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 05:25 AM   #62
Distressor
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
That is not possible ... while Reaper will add a block's worth of latency for any plugin summing up to four in this case...
-Michael
Funny how you say it's not possible and then go on to explain why Reaper does exactly that.
I think you don't understand the problem.

Quote:
If there is no PDC reported by the plugins, Reaper will not impose any additional latency.
-Michael
Obviously - but this is NOT what this thread is about.

Quote:
For live playing this is not ridiculous at all. Here you want any sound as early as possible, disregarding the alignment. In an audio playback situation, the PDC is done by using appropriately earlier positions in the files, so no latency will be heard. Only e.g. when playing back Midi, these problems might arise.
-Michael
Again you don't get it.

I'm not recording a guitar and then start mixing that recorded audio with plugins.
I usually have around 20 synthesizers play live through the DAW with plugins.
The DAW in this case acts as a live mixing console with plugins.
Obviously i want everything to play in sync. That's what the PDC was created for. Without it it's useless.

I've been doing this for the past 15 years without much issues in Logic. You can also do it in almost any other DAW except Reaper.
Of course there will be some latency but with a small buffer it's manageable.

Reaper offers some unique features that i really like and that's why i'd love to switch.
Unfortunately at the moment that is not an option. Good thing this will be fixed soon.

For mixing only - what i suspect is what you use it for - this whole issue is not an issue .
Peace
Distressor is offline   Reply With Quote