View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 05:58 AM   #23
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

+ Preferences: remove preference to collapse FIPM/fixed media item lanes at a minimum height (lanes/positioning are always displayed)

Unless I'm missing something I'm not sure how this is better? Seems like a massive step back to me in terms of moving/editing a whole project without having to zoom in.

Ideally wouldn't it be better to have a clever system whereby when shrinking the height enough, the lanes collapse down to one lane but with the correctly soloed items showing for clarity in terms of the right waveform/colour etc.

This would allow then easy moving of the whole play marker edited area.

Right now when track is at the smallest height. Right click select, razor or time selection cannot completely and reliably grab all track lane items (unless you are very careful) and play markers are ignored completely (although maybe that's a new preference I missed)?

If I want to copy and paste or just move my lanes now it's a lot more fiddly to make sure all are selected than even the old way when they were all on top of each other.

It's great as an option but unless more changes are to come, I can't see it being the best way on it's own..

This is another reason I think an "item container" that can span multiple tracks is a good idea.

As an additional potential bug..

copying a region doesn't copy across the play markers.