View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #441
nitsuj
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
1. While project is set to 48kHz, ReEQ running in HQ mode (I suppose x2 oversampling) still reports 480PDC per instance. Is oversampling still needed for 48KHz? I remember somewhere was stated that from this frequency oversampling is not used anymore. Or maybe it was above this freq?
Yes, 48kHz in HQ will still use oversampling (so, 96kHz internally). Any sampling rate higher than that won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM
2. Graph shows frequencies up to 22kHz even if project is set to 48Khz. I consider 22kHz as Niquist freq of 44.1kHz. So for 48 it should be 24. But maybe fixed limit is intentional.
The fix is intentional. There has been a request to move the higher frequency up to 30kHz but under the current scheme it's not possible when the sample rate is 44.1kHz. I could increase the highest frequency but if you placed filters at that frequency I'd have to clamp them if you then reduced the sample rate. Still thinking about this one.

Quote:
3. While Low Pass filters have steepness rather than Q, please consider using Q wheel as steepness selector. Or make sure Q and Gain are disabled/grayed out when using filters that don't make use of them.
It's the Butterworth filters that don't have Q settings. I'll give some thought to using the wheel for steepness for those filters.

Quote:
4. Would be nice to implement double-click for resetting values. OK, I found it work with key modified. wasn't it better without modifier??
It was changed to using a modifier because double click is going to be used to bring up manual number entry. It's pretty standard.

Quote:
5. I'm opting in for more slicky graph. It's not about aliasing, but it looks like build with quite long vectors.
Not sure what you mean here...JSFX is pretty limited and I'm already trying hard to make it look less..blocky.

Quote:
6. A lot of users asked for more gfx options. I'm in I would like to see more color options. For example to change colours of pre-eq graph.
Will happen eventually.

Quote:
7. What about A/B comp?
Probably will happen eventually.

Quote:
8. more precise controls (knobs). Curently it's easier to set particular value on graph than using knobs. Maybe with help of some key-switch (I think ALT has such function in Reaper)
Yes, I could put in a fine-tuning key modifier.

Quote:
9. More ranges. Especially floor one at about 40dB (I used to 12dB/-48dB range in TDR Nova). As a completely beginner I'm not ready to track what happens near noise level
I'll think about it. There's lots of audible signal at -40dB onwards. Pro Q2/3 defaults to -130dB, Equilibrium defaults to -80dB.

Quote:
10. configurable speed of "gradual decay effect"
Yes, this'll go in eventually.

Dev is still on-going but has slowed a little due to work. Will be picking up the pace again soon so thanks for the great feedback!
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote