View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #16
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymboliC View Post
OK,
Here is another video which is more accurate since he uses multi-timbral Kontakt instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEuiyx6FTPU

Since I haven't used Logic, I can't tell exactly if he is using "MIDI tracks" there. But as you can see, he can assign HOST automation to those MIDI tracks(as I assume) individually.
I can't make this in Reaper. It only creates Host Automation envelopes under Parent track in which Kontakt instance resides. Not under relevant MIDI data track.

Is this DAW related or am I missing something?

I think I've misunderstood your approach and will try it again.
Yeah, obviously Logic has the host automation available on each track.

I watched both videos and in each case they were manipulating parameters with host automation that could be done just as easy, if not easier with regular CC automation.

I think what ashcat was getting at, is the fact that with 127 CCs and 16 channels, there are 2032 different CCs available.

So I guess you're using the same midi channel for all the instruments in each instance of Kontakt.

Incidentally, have you checked your library manuals to see what CCs they use. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had CCs available for some of these parameters.

I see ashcat has posted while I was typing, and I think he's got the right idea to do what you want to do. I think he's showing how to get Reaper to do somewhat the same way that Logic is doing it.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote