View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #114
s wave
Human being with feelings

Default why not 2 pcs?

smajjL how about 2 pcs? Like I said earlier my friend is phd science whizz mo - I am a capable novice.
He uses i3 Manjaro #1 (you can slowly compile?) then he uses
Fedora core #2 (easier compiling)
and he has old Win 7 #3 for certain cutting edge WIN programs.

He is an expert at looking at code and can evaluate how concise and lean it is. He hates debian, because its a "mess". I don't care I want a debian pc or hard drive... cuz if I want to download a nice open open source say Auto-cad,,, bang its done.

I have PC #1 Mint 19 CINNAMON (with samba server enabled, Logical volume manage 2 enabled and Time Shift installed {for tracking an error if it occurs}. This PC has REAPER and will be my dedicated recording station. I am weaning ARDOUR off it and shud be good to go in couple weeks. I will only have programs on it that relate to REAPER.
PC#2 ARDOUR 4 and ARDOUR 5 on it with audacity and a mish mosh of all kind of cool programs.
PC#3 The Soft Synth Hybred with Midi Controller Keyboard for doing midi sounds to flash drive over to REAPER.
2 Xeon Windows Servers with Win 7. (got both for $7 craiglist)
A laptop someone threw away... even the PC shop couldnt get it going... I opened it up and shorted the little windows bios firm ware chip (after scraping the clear varnish off the contacts) with a paperclip... I use that to test programs and things for uefi compatibility.

I built the studio for about $200 I have about 10 PCs // 5 of them are just waiting to be used for a NEW FUN project - Not top line but anyone would be hard pressed to tell if a recording didn't sound like a 'Sterling Mastering' job. Oh by the way james nice transparent interface Roland. There is only one thing left that I need... it cost more than my whole studio...lol an
SE shanghai electronics large diaphram condenser mic. like 2200A or C... My pick as best microphone. Clear and transparent - flat dynamic response. Fun fact did you know that SE Mics are technology used from the original Neumann factory? oh ya and Rupert Neve is consultant. Final trivia what BEATLES engineer owned focusrite? I forgot KEEP laying the tracks... there is a hit in there somewhere. tc
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote