View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #6014
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Buttons as well! Cool

Ok, the returned value. We'll still be able to use the stepped approach for manufacturers whose plugins don't always return values correctly (or even at all) ACUSTICA THIS MEANS YOU!!

Thanks for doing this Geoff. The more plugins I've mapped, the more I realise the auto/control implementation in them is very much the poor relation

The only other thing I had on my mind is whether a straight 1:1 relationship between inc/dec controller and stepped value change might be a bit fine for some surfaces. On the C4/MCU it's probably ok because the rotaries are detented, so changing by one tick is ok if you're careful, but on others where the rotaries are smooth it might come across a bit uncontrollable. Is this a parameter we could set?
Yeah, this gets us right back to acceleration -- well deceleration (negative acceleration) in this case.

This time we want to "ignore" a certain amount -- or thin the data stream - as opposed to amplifying it.

Acceleration is one of the key elements that will hopefully give CSI a great "feel"
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote