View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
Brennan
hey man

Default Game abandonment feature now live on the server: how it works

And in fact I have coded it and made it live on the server. Woot! I just won a ton of games! And my gamelist is nice n slim now.

The rules for wifight game abandonment are:
1. Over 60 days (to the second) have elapsed with no move.
2. When the player whose turn it is NOT next logs in, the game will be closed, and that player wins.
3. Single-player games do not abandon. Yet. Slack all you want: you're not hurting anybody but yourself.

So in games where both players have not played/logged in for 60 days, nothing changes. Who knows, maybe they'll come back. Also, if it's still your turn and log in after 60 days, the game will not abandon. Altho if your opponent logs in, it will, so you should probably hurry up and move, or Quit/Resign the game, if you want to be polite.

This is to give the opponent an incentive to still log in, while still allowing people to pick up old games and keep them going if they want, assuming it's their turn still. All you have to do is make a move, any move (even a draw offer) and the clock will reset for 60 more days.

If any of that doesn't make sense please don't hesitate to post a reply Feedback is welcome.