View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
FnA
Human being with feelings

That's an interesting point, mespotine. I came here for the reason that there is simply no way to determine which take's events to target with an Inline MIDI Editor Section script. It requires some work around like use the item under the mouse cursor.

But your post makes me think of some pre-release banter which appeared sometime within the last year. I liked the idea, because I get tripped up by this quite regularly too. I don't think anyone made an FR or bumped an existing one shortly thereafter. They were suggesting a colored border around the focused docker window. (I think there is a theme-able color for that line already, but it's common to all dockers. Maybe a new color could be isolated for the focused one)

Maybe the focused Inline Editor should get an indicator of some kind too? Border, etc. If it could do that, surely some script function to provide the take would be no big deal. Well, it shouldn't be a big deal even if they don't do that.

juliansader mentioned his test build to you in another thread. It might have some functions that would help you make a display window for focused docker windows and such. Not 100% sure. But I don't think it can help with the Inline Editor, maybe some other things. But it would probably be nice as a workaround, if the devs don't make something nicer.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote