View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #450
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobsen View Post
Haha, thank you! I was afraid I maybe sounded a bit too pathetic but this update really means a lot to me. After the old days with Sound-/Protracker on Amiga I often tried to get back into tracking, had some quick affairs with milky, buzz and nitrotracker, but I got too used to the comfort and possibilities of "modern" DAWs while at the same time always missing this special something that tracking gave me, apart from the nostalgia ofc. Before the update Hackey was already awesome but it just made me wish it had some kind of sample support and now it does ...

Yeah, I've been feeling the same way. I like having a tracker at my disposal, but I don't like being locked into tracker-only.

Quote:
-some (short) samples refuse to loop with certain loop end points. Could not narrow it down any further. I need to do more testing, I guess. edit: It also is depending on the pitch. Resampler skipping past the loop end?
Yesterday I pushed what should be a fixed for this bug.

Quote:
-force loop points to zero crossings (not sure if it already does)
Added this to my to-do list.

Quote:
-some possibility to rearrange/move/copy/drag and clear sample slots (edit: just found out copy/paste works, nice!)
Quote:
-sample indices, while looking good, are hard to read when things get crowded
-importing the filename or some way to name the slots/samples
I pushed this out today. Should be there now. I just took a chunk of the file name, hopefully enough for it to be useful

Quote:
-reset zoom in editor after replacing sample
Good one, I forgot about that one. Fixed!

Quote:
-adding support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards in the js plugin (yeah .. sorry ^^)
Actually, it should be in there already. They're hidden, but slider1 toggles between buzz and renoise note map, and slider 2 switches between QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY. I hadn't decided yet whether I want to put that in the UI, or whether I should "learn" that from Hackey Trackey

Quote:
-select octave for keyboard inputs and "Play" button
On the to-do list.

Quote:
-extending fine tuning range to (-1 to +1)
On the to-do list.

Quote:
-fine tuning lowers the pitch while increasing the value?
Quote:
I just realized that the fine tuning probably adjusts the root note and not the sample. So maybe it is working as intended, even if it feels weird to me.
Yeah, that's probably some poor communication in the UI on my part. The displayed pitch is indeed the pitch the sample is assumed to have been recorded at. So for example, if you load up a sample playing an A-4, if you set that pitch to A-4, all the MIDI notes will end up where they belong. C-4 will then play a C-4 pitch and so forth. That does mean it's inverted from what you may expect though. Maybe I should make a toggle to choose whether you want this or the other way of displaying the pitch.

Quote:
-if two tracks arpeggiate at the same time, only the higher channel will actually do the effect. Retrigger does the same.
That was indeed a bug. Fixed now.

Quote:
-I remember doing two note arpeggios with for example something like "0A 70". This is problematic now since "0" is repeating the last known value > 0. Wouldn't it be better if "00" continues the last set of values while a single "0" represents the base note? edit: considering there are super useful cases for single zeros as a wild card for other effects, this idea was stupid.
This wouldn't be impossible to change. But then that would mean X Y X, or X X Y then I guess?
I decided with the 0 is continue since that's how Buzz always handled it, and that's the last tracker I used.

Quote:
-sometimes the last "step" gets stuck when ending the arpeggio while the sample keeps playing but I will do some more testing on this during the next days.
Yes, that was a bug. Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Out of curiosity as this probably was reported before: When selecting patterns with the mouse I cannot select the bottom row. Why is that?
Bug. Fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Yeah, actually if multiple outputs were a possibility then I wouldn't miss it in the sampler module.
Multi-outs are added

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Thanks again for this, really love it. I love Renoise, but not touched it in ages, having this right in Reaper is great, I've ben getting jungled right up
Breaks and trackers mix so well

Last edited by sai'ke; 05-29-2021 at 04:34 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote