View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #2295
chumbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
One: I have to learn to program scripts. I don't like to do it, I'm a musician
Believe me, I'm ONLY a musician (and a guitarist!) so you really misunderstood me when in a previous post I said:
Quote:
I really recommend you dive in as this is really accessible to total novices (as I am) and is the poor man's scripting device.
I think reading the word 'script' just made alarms go off in your head!

I meant to say that it in fact is NOT scripting at all!! But the end result can resemble it as it is quite powerful but in actual fact, really simple to use.
All it is, is assembling a succession of Actions to be carried out one after another. So all I did was search the Action List with simple keywords that probably would result in the actions you/I was looking for.

Have a look, this is the 'code' for the Cycle Action:

I think reading the description, you get the sense of what it's meant to accomplish. I just followed all the steps you layed out in your explanation so roughly from top to bottom:
- set loop points to the selection
- move cursor to start of selection
- Solo ONLY the selected track
- Play

----Step---- Is to separate the Toggle action of pressing the key. So, above this step is what happens when you press the key the first time. And when your finished auditioning your item selection and you press the key again, is what happens after the 'Step' so this below...

- Stop
- Remove loop points (step 1)
- Remove loop points (step 2)
- Unsolo

As for the Mute states, this action will not affect it at all and for the loop selection you might have had and didn't want to lose, I just added another action to save and restore the state of the loop selection so that's resolved as well...anything else?

I've attached the new CA, give it a try. I really think (and hope) I nailed it this time.

BTW, what other DAWs are you talking about that do this natively? Just curious. My guess is you'll find that actually Reaper is now the only one that does...since today :-)
Attached Files
File Type: ini Audition Selection v2.ini (271 Bytes, 240 views)
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote