View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #59
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Well, I don't have any Microsoft software anywhere on my machines. Certainly not Windows. I don't think this one can be blamed on the OS.

Understandable that Reaper shouldn't just assume and go wild making file substitutions on an assumption. But at least have it pop a window up and be already pointed to the obvious choice and only make me click OK.

I would expect to have to go folder diving if the location was anything but the project folder of course. Not asking for anything beyond that.
The thing is, folder diving can be made a lot easier if we can use tools and shortcuts available to us.

For me, I have a "REAPER" shortcut for my reaper preferences, and "reaper" shortcut for my projects in my explorer window, as well as a "DAW Stuff" shortcut, which has all my presets and samples in it.

So, whenever I run into a dialog that's in the wrong place, I can easily just copy that chain and paste it into the text entry field, and it will bring me close, at the very least.

Or, you can just copy the source of a file in your project to get to your project, and then paste that.

Goes a lot faster than having to go folder to folder. I like long folder chains as well, so that it is more organized, but I still have folders with lots of entries in them, which makes it annoying to go through.