View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #7
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbb View Post
Thanks but as I said, I really don't like windows 10. Win 10 is not really an upgrade when your PC is not brand new, it just slows everything down, too much bloatware, privacy issues, Cortana spies on you and I just hate the aesthetic look of it. That's why I'm looking to Linux, or even better, seeing if I can keep Windows 7.
You aren't alone in not liking Windows 10. Microsoft is all about data harvesting now and their OS is the the best tool ever devised for it.

That said, I setup a dual boot Window 7 and Xubuntu Linux DAW last year with the thinking that I would boot Win7 to do music and disconnect it from the internet. Once I setup REAPER in Linux it started becoming obvious that I didn't need Windows at all.

I have all my Windows plugins functioning in Linux, including Kontakt, Superior Drummer, Etc., but since I record mostly real guitar, bass, drums, and other real instruments, I'm not extremely dependent on virtual instruments. Almost all the music on my music page was done 100% in Linux and I don't miss Windows at all.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote