View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
olilarkin
Human being with feelings

Default WDLOL/IPlug Quake

hello,

I am currently undertaking a massive reworking of IPlug. Unfortunately I don't have time to do it elegantly so that people can easily pull in changes, so I'm being a bit of a benevolent dictator here and just ploughing ahead. I still think IPlug has a lot of value as a totally free and non-commercial platform for cross-platform plug-ins although JUCE has become extremely appealing these days since it's very good value and well supported.

This is gonna be a massively BREAKING change, but in many cases upgrading an existing project is not gonna be that hard, and I will try and put in options for backwards compatibility if plugin state will break. I will do a tutorial about upgrading an old project once I have finalised the new stuff.

I am tidying up the code base, detaching IGraphics, and putting in options for different Graphics APIs. I've also got seamless hidpi support, and hopefully resizing. I want to add Cmake support and WAM targets. Also want to put in some better documentation.

It's currently a work in progress, so I don't think you can compile IPlugExample yet, but I thought I would draw your attention to this branch:

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol/tree/iplugquake/

if you're interested please peruse the source code and let me know if there are things you think I should address whilst I am doing this major change, since I don't want to make people re-duplicate twice.

cheers!

oli