View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #420
tweed
Human being with feelings

FX actions for LIVE: now possible -- most likely

lots of people are using REAPER live. I was hoping to have the creative process mostly void of too much thinking while creating sounds. Track templates the best way I've found. Then there's the loading them practically requirement.

Have done a few 100 hours at least in the past 2 or so years lookin'/tryin' for what would be superior for LIVE with JUST REAPER. So it was amazingly calming and of course the exact opposite reading the recent FX load additions.

ie. be able to create and save QUICKLY track templates (like splashing paint on a canvas - which IS possible:)) and then access large numbers of track templates (or change out the FX INSIDE the track) while/and loading without audio artifact glitches.

Lotsa cool 'almosts' and "whoa, that's really great".... yet, ultimately I concluded (for me) the gottchas were still there. Love to have been in error of course, and I got tons of great pointers from the gurus around here.

So: latest SWS now seems:--
The FX load stuff for LIVE appears to be the, uh, be! I'll be falling over when I get to test out I expect. Not been able to get to SWS/Reaper LIVE thinking for several weeks. Astonishment and gratitude.

Last edited by tweed; 03-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote