View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #232
machinesworking
Human being with feelings

So, running Reaper as root as per that web link, the Terminal command for "showing" JAVA to the DBM4R software Reaper etc. does not seem to work. After my third attempt Reaper seems to have dumped it's VST scan and is rescanning all of my VSTs. It seems there's no way to start Reaper without loading VSTs so now I have to move all plug ins to "disabled" folders. After doing so it's dumped a bunch of .ini files next to the Application, it also hosed the license again, and does not see the DBM4R controller in the MIDI controller preferences at all.

I actually wish you were paid to write this software, I really find it supremely useful, but being on OSX and owning Live 10 Suite I'm presenting you and me with real problems that are killing me here. I'm going to have to figure out how to get my Actions and preferences back since I foolishly thought that they were destroyed the first time because I opened Reaper in Root, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's the last terminal open of Reaper, not the one that hosed my preferences and authorization, but just one where it's not seeing the DBM4R controller in preferences.
Quote:
Last login: Tue Jan 8 14:28:32 on ttys000
michaels-Mac-Pro:~ machines$ sudo /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Password:
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
michaels-Mac-Pro:~ machines$
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote