View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #147
franzwam
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I'm not sure what you're describing ...any chance of a screen capture please? And what OS are you using?
I'm using Windows 10 with the x64 version of Reaper v5.974+dev0425a.
Licecap attached (sorry for the low fps and low res, but staying under 64kB is hard !)

Quote:
The dimmed strips make sure the routing button looks like the routing button when drawn small without a label, which is a worthwhile value, so I'd be loathe to make them any dimmer. Are you getting used to this the more you use the theme?
To me this issue is not exclusive to the labeled routing button. The small squarish one brings the same impression to me. In fact, in my previous post, I was talking about the small unlabeled one on the MCP. I find it even more deceptive without the white text in front of it (matter of contrast I presume ?)
I'm sure I'll get over it.
But I'm also sure that others will encounter the same problem.

Quote:
The dim button should set an undo point, can you try that please?
Indeed, it works as expected and for both "all tracks" and "selected tracks".
But if you have some time to kill some day, I'd still appreciate the feature ! :-P

Quote:
If I made the palette apply affect non-custom colored tracks, people who didn't want that would find it maddening. Whereas you, wanting that, have the easy option of just spamming some color in. So the way it is seems less evil. Fair enough?
Deal.

Quote:
There is indeed wonkiness here, but different people seem to get different wonkiness so I'm struggling to track it down.

Do you mean when you change the name length? Because then, does it update if you do something in Reaper like change track selection? Reaper doesn't currently inform scripts that a track name has changed, you have to keep asking, which I want to avoid doing.

There is a minimum size for auto length, is it possible that's what you're seeing?
I've tried many things, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have to dig a bit deeper before giving your a reproducer.

One additional thought, is it expected that the volume and pan labels in the TCP are only displayed when the track is selected ? I'd like that on every track. (occurs even when nothing is checked in the script panel).
Attached Images
File Type: gif sidebar_v6.gif (49.7 KB, 249 views)