View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:28 AM   #51
Judders
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksoir View Post
That's fair enough it's not photorealistc, but I think the flat look is unique and using the colours/layout of classic consoles but in a flat design is a breath of fresh air. There's a ton of 3d style console skins already and all of them end up looking plasticky and with too much going on with shadows, gradients, unnecessary non-interactable elements, etc. I think it's a novel idea to embrace the fact that Reaper's ui IS a gui (not a console) and to design a gui accordingly. Hell, if I'd the time right now I'd do a flat one based on what pyerbass has put forward already. It shouldn't take too much time to make the elements. I just can't Walter. I was in the middle of a Neve theme previously but I gave up as staring at lines of code is not something I'm interested in.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind it being flat, but personally I like somewhere in-between. Maybe I'm showing my age, but a little bit of shadow makes it seem more "tactile" to me. Not too much grunge, reflections or woodgrain though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksoir View Post
Also fair enough, but they are confusing to me (the lower two in particular) so it is merely a case of me volunteering information based on my own experience, nothing more. And also based on my belief of what a gui should do and be. So, take from that what you will.
Hey man, I wasn't criticising your suggestion, just giving my own opinion

API V4 is the only theme I've ever used. I changed the default to API as soon as I'd finished Kenny's "Introducing REAPER" videos and have never looked back (which was just a couple of hours), so my passions may run high about V5 suggestions. Don't take it personally!

One thing I really like about V4 is the text on the buttons at the top of the screen, but mainly symbols on the track headers.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote