View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #44
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Some opinions are more informed than others and there is plenty of evidence that A4A isn't = RME drivers. I work in OSS and proprietary and I've seen and dealt with horror stories on both sides of that fence without question. But if that's your argument then A4A needs to up their game since they are still far behind RME in the driver stack game. No dog in this fight, don't care really, just wanted to point out that trying to make Behringer the same as RME is just technically incorrect and that manufacturers that do support drivers long term are better than those who don't.

Get the Behringer, you can certainly make plenty of music with it so I don't see the problem here.
I'm with you. There are definitely pros and cons for each. Thus, the reason I started this thread to find out prior to making a purchase decision. I think it's ridiculous that I even have to have a discussion related to driver support in the 1st place for an audio interface. I have no doubts RME makes good drivers. I mentioned that in my initial pro/cons list as one of the pros for the RME devices, so I didn't ever say Behringer made better or comparable drivers. You're just stating what I have already stated at the beginning of this discussion. Echo audio also made good drivers I've used in the past and were in the game just prior to RME entering it. I've been around the block a few times, I've seen how the story how these things tend to play out over the long hall. If you look at my join date of this forum, you'll see I go back a long way with Reaper from its initial conception.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote