View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #7828
audio2u
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington
Do not add the MCU -- the first step in your video.

Read the Installation instructions (wiki link is in sig below).

Also notice you did not set up Midi ports, that is necessary as detailed in the instructions..
When you say "do not set up MCU", are you referring to the fact that I have the Klinke MCU controller in place? Does that need to be removed?

I HAVE read the instructions, but I just don't understand what bit I've stuffed up!

Woooooah! I just made a very random discovery!

I was ABOUT to quote section 10 of the wiki...

10. There are a number of Surfaces in the right hand panel --

...because, as you can see from my video, no, there IS NOT A LIST OF SURFACES on the right hand side.

But as I attempted to create a new instance, I saw something happen which I have not noticed before. I created a new surface called 'test 3', and it appeared, NOT at the top of the list, but in the SECOND slot. But the top slot was blank!
So I selected the top slot and hit 'remove'.
Suddenly, an older attempt at creating a surface appeared in the top slot (called 'test'), the second slot was blank, and the surface I'd just created ('test 3') appeared in the THIRD slot!
So, suspecting a bug, I just hit "REMOVE" about 6 times!
Created a new surface, and now my MCU DOES actually reset when I click on OK.
However, when I go back into the CSI settings window, I now see NO SURFACES at all in the right hand side.
When I get home tonight, I'll create a new video to demonstrate, but there's definitely something weird going on here.