View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #55
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
Significant money is profit that allows you to make a sustainable living from your endeavor.
i make a sustainable living from money paid out by streaming music services. i don't consider myself well established, but maybe we need to define that, too.

no argument that the "Joe Nobody" band, who doesn't show up on Spotify Discover Weekly and whose material maybe gets streamed 400 times a month by Maw and Paw isn't making any money on Spotify, but there is a huge difference between "Nobody (other than the established) makes money on Spotify" and "Nobodies make no money on Spotify."

i'm a small fish in a massive global ocean. i don't pay out to a label and i am a solo musician, and streaming services pay for my frugal life. it's not as bleak as i'm reading here, and i would go as far as to say that there's never been a better time to be a musician. i bet there are many, or at least several people on the REAPER forums who make good money from streaming services.

i understand i might be singing a different tune if i were the drummer in a 3 piece band splitting royalties 50-50 with a label and taking home less than 17% of the revenue.
we would benefit from the ability to "select most recently recorded midi" ... would reference midi recorded in last rec/overdub cycle. use case: easily selectively quantize most recently recorded notes
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote