View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #216
Boogieshoes
Human being with feelings

This has been an interesting read. i've not tried using microphone to record anything until now as I only used a POD XTLive for guitar or bass when I first attempted using Reaper back in 2009 before work got in the way. I had a low impedance SM58 from back in the 90's and I tried it today with an accoustic guitar...

I have to say albeit to my inexpert ears it was pretty good about 12 inches away and slightly forward of the sound hole on a Blueridge BR183 guitar. The best bit was going back after and the playing with the Reaper EQ plugin that is discussed in this thread. Using it to knock out the bottom end boom a bit.

I can't say I mastered everything, there are so many more things to get to grips with but all in I was pleased with the simple tests I did and realised the SM58 can do a lot more than I expected. How it will compare with a Rode NT2-a only time will tell.

The point being, thanks for the debate you folks had in particular as regards the eq side of things, the reverb plugin.... Well that'll be another whole lesson being used to Alesis Quads or Fender spring reverbs in the amp.

Thank you again.
Boogieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote