Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 AM   #201
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro View Post
The OSCII-bot v3 breaks the track select toggle. It chooses fader 1 always.
I'm not sure if, how or why v0.3 actually broke anything (since I haven't really used v0.2 nor v0.82 of the script anymore), but on my end that stopped working too, and has been fixed now.
Quote:
VU meters work as well as the MonitorMidi I/O scripts.
Thanks for testing.

Do you think the monitor script is useful enough that we can get rid of much of the logging in the StudioMix script (i.e. whenever you need to monitor/log stuff, you'd just throw in the monitor script, rather than changing some variable in the Studiomix script) ?
Quote:
BTW, do you have the Studiomix modes and jog wheel pumping fix scripts available for testing?
It's a bit broken currently... I'm in the process of rewriting it to take advantage of the new features in OSCII-bot v0.3, most importantly getting rid of the 'special formatting variables' (fmt*), which probably also makes it a bit more human-readable.

I'll share a working version before starting to add more stuff, so you guys can continue testing with OSCII-bot v0.3.
Quote:
Let me know what I can do to assist.
At this point, perhaps think about how you'd ideally like some feedback to be displayed on a GUI. I'm currently thinking about adding a GUI to show some information, like:
- the currently selected track bank (using track numbers and/or names);
- the currently selected 'device mode' for (track / receive / send) volume and pan controls;
- (possibly) the names the last selected track;
- (possibly) the names of receives / sends for the last selected track;
- the selected plug-in name;
- the names and values for the selected bank of plug-in parameters.
- perhaps some other stuff, such as absolute/musical time.

But I haven't given the actual lay-out / formatting much thought yet, so suggestions are welcome.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #202
jico27

Hi,

I apologize for not having been able to test your last scripts yet, but unfortunately, my day job leaves me no time for this. I'll give it a try very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post

At this point, perhaps think about how you'd ideally like some feedback to be displayed on a GUI. I'm currently thinking about adding a GUI to show some information, like:
- the currently selected 'device mode' for (track / receive / send) volume and pan controls;

But I haven't given the actual lay-out / formatting much thought yet, so suggestions are welcome.
Yes (And very useful in case my FR gives no effective result in the future! At least, we'll have something usable at once!)
Yes
- (possibly) the names the last selected track; (not compulsory for me, but yes, why not?)
Yes!
Absolutely!
Great!

I give a big Yes to all of these.

My opinion is that all these ideas are good. But if they already exist in reaper in some way, their presence is mostly justified in oscii-bot if it gives a better display and readability than in reaper, which, i suppose, is possible.
jico27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #203
jico27

ok, the MonitorMIDI+OSC-IO.txt script works fine for me too.
Good job!
I'm just wondering why the display characters are slowly fading out.
Could it be possible to keep them steady?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #204
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico27 View Post
ok, the MonitorMIDI+OSC-IO.txt script works fine for me too.
Good job!
I'm just wondering why the display characters are slowly fading out.
Could it be possible to keep them steady?
Heh, that's on purpose. I was having a bit of fun checking out the new graphics functions.

You can tweak these two values in the script - if you set them to a (very) high value (e.g. 999999), the text should stay visible much longer:
Code:
fade_speed = 29;  // speed of fade effect; NB: lowest value = 0 = *maximum* speed; higher value is *slower* speed)
blur_speed = 17;   // speed of blur effect; NB: lowest value = 0 = *maximum* speed; higher value is *slower* speed)
Old 05-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #205
N2NPro

Hi Guys,
First off, I want to give continued gratitude for Banned's work on the OSCII-bot project. As he said, we may be the only ones pursuing this avenue. I personally believe it to be an absolutely amazing and beneficial CS interface. I only wish there was a way to make it more user friendly and configurable so that a multitude of CS and users may enjoy it's benefits, as I have. Perhaps the future holds a ReaperOSC which is exactly that... for now I am happy to be a mere guinea pig in the experimental hands of Banned to help push the project forward.

My observations:
Like jico27, I agree too: (although I have become quite comfortable navigating with the TCP/MCP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I would like the capability to change the "Main" to the right side. I looked through the script for the option but it seemed as though I would need to change it in several places. My experimentation proved to either break it or have no affect. I did however barebones the OSC file to work with the new scripts and OSCII-bot v3.

Quote:
Do you think the monitor script is useful enough that we can get rid of much of the logging in the StudioMix script (i.e. whenever you need to monitor/log stuff, you'd just throw in the monitor script, rather than changing some variable in the Studiomix script)?
I prefer the new logging system with the ability to change delay/fade time as you mentioned and to be able to record a log file. Also, it doesn't show jitter control... fwiw

Banned, Q-> how did you fix the toggle select? I tried several things with no joy.
I look forward to hearing from you, jico27 and anyone else interested in this ride

N2N

Last edited by N2NPro; 05-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.
N2NPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #206
jico27

As far as i'm concerned, at this point of advancement of the project, i just want to say one thing:
At the very beginning of this thread, i had the feeling of walking behind a runaway train, trying desperately to catch it.
Now i feel like i am a first class passenger, sitting comfortably and enjoying the sightseeing.
Thanks to Banned who knew how to make things easy, i'm getting more and more 'confident' with python programming (i mean that i don't simply close any script without reading it anymore, as i used to do before ) and it's a real pleasure for me to follow the progresses of this cool project.
So be sure i'll be there till it's finished and that i'll try to give all the help i can, if needed.
Thanks to N2N, and his so numerous helpful inputs, too.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #207
Banned

Quote:
First off, I want to give continued gratitude for Banned's work on the OSCII-bot project. As he said, we may be the only ones pursuing this avenue. I personally believe it to be an absolutely amazing and beneficial CS interface.
Quote:
As far as i'm concerned, at this point of advancement of the project, i just want to say one thing:
At the very beginning of this thread, i had the feeling of walking behind a runaway train, trying desperately to catch it.
Now i feel like i am a first class passenger, sitting comfortably and enjoying the sightseeing.
Many thanks for your kind words, gentlemen.
Quote:
i don't simply close any script without reading it anymore, as i used to do before
Even if that would be all you take away from this in the longer term, that's already pretty awesome. Just take it one small step at a time - that's how we all need to learn stuff like this.
Quote:
I would like the capability to change the "Main" to the right side. I looked through the script for the option but it seemed as though I would need to change it in several places.
You mean, the *left* side? I'm just working with that picture, but afaik, the *rightmost* fader on the StudioMix already controls the main (i.e. master) track currently?

(Or, in case you want to switch the master track to the right side *in REAPER's Mixer*, you can simply do so by right-clicking on an empty part of the mixer, then selecting Master Track > "Show on right side of mixer".)

In any case, yes, switching the order around in the script would need a bit of adaptation here and there, rather than changing just one line or variable (some maths would become a little awkward, given the hard-wired NRPN message numbers used by the controls on the StudioMix device, and how the script currently 'converts' those NRPN numbers to track numbers).

Quote:
I prefer the new logging system with the ability to change delay/fade time as you mentioned and to be able to record a log file. Also, it doesn't show jitter control... fwiw
Well, the (debug) logging in this script is of course much more specific to what this script does itself; while the monitor script doesn't really do anything but monitoring. Until we're confident that the script is bug-free, i think we should keep that around. The OSC input logging, on the other hand, is so generic and (hopefully) reusable that it makes sense to just be a separate script. (I still need to remove the OSC input logging from this script, though...).
Quote:
1Banned, Q-> how did you fix the toggle select? I tried several things with no joy.
I don't really remember, but I guess it had something to do either with messing up memory locations of variables in sub-arrays, or with me getting rid of the 'special formatting variables' (fmt0, fmt1, etc.) used throughout the previous versions of the script, which we no longer need to rely on.
Quote:
- (possibly) the names the last selected track; (not compulsory for me, but yes, why not?)
Well, the idea is, that when you have instances of the same effect on several tracks, you may get confused as to which instance is being targeted. Showing only the effect name (and its slot number) would not suffice in that (not unusual) case.
Quote:
My opinion is that all these ideas are good. But if they already exist in reaper in some way, their presence is mostly justified in oscii-bot if it gives a better display and readability than in reaper, which, i suppose, is possible.
Yeah, if you're working in front of REAPER's GUI anyway - which I think is the typical workflow for you guys - there is no point in replicating anything that is already there; it needs to serve a different purpose. The point here is making sure that you don't get lost while navigating. I think this is probably most useful for the effect parameters, especially if their GUIs are not visible. For volume and panning, I assume you're getting by fine just using your ears and REAPER's GUI - so there's no need to show volume fader / pan knob positions and their values, I would think. Except for receives, maybe: REAPER only shows you those in the I/O window, ant that is a bit ugly and clumsy. Let's just start testing a first prototype for a (G)UI and find out what's actually useful or not.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #208
Banned

Ok gents, a new version v0.90 of the StudioMix+REAPER.txt script (and the .ReaperOSC file, now included in the same .zip) is up.
Quote:
I'll share a working version before starting to add more stuff, so you guys can continue testing with OSCII-bot v0.3.
Ok, I lied a bit there. I *did* add some more stuff. And there surely are a handful of bugs lurking in there, too. But I have tested your patience long enough already, and although there are still some parts that need a rewrite or cleanup, it seems to work well enough in its current state for you guys to start playing with it.
Quote:
[...] I haven't figured out how to get keyboard input working (which may mean that I'm a noob, or that I've hit a bug, in order of likelihood). Also, I think that may only (be intended to) work while the OSCII-bot window (or a specific custom GUI window created by a script running inside it) has focus, which would be less than ideal (as I assume you'd typically have focus on a window belonging to REAPER).
Of course it turns out that was just me being a noob. It was easy enough, but as I expected, it depends on OSCII-bot having focus. Perhaps we should just consider that to be a blessing in disguise, as you get to configure *two* sets of keyboard shortcuts instead of just one.

So we now have keyboard input, yay! See around line 1000 or so to find out which keyboard shortcuts exist; it should also be easy enough to add or modify a few to personal preference. (But, again: no need to replicate what REAPER can already do itself just fine!)

And, we now also have a first prototype of a GUI, yay! In my experience, this is especially useful if you have a second monitor placed right behind the 'control surface' device, so you can line up the GUI above the controls, providing visual feedback right where you need it. Although the GUI is nothing fancy yet, it should allow sufficient resizing to fit the screen / device size.

There's also some more new stuff in there. But, to find out if things work as intuitive as they could/should be, perhaps its most useful if I don't explain much; just start using it and see if it (still) works for you. Let me know if anything is getting in your way or doesn't work as you expected / want. And maybe browse through the script for some more clues.

(Fwiw: I didn't manage to create a very good solution for the Shuttle wheel yet - it seems that the timer in OSCII-bot is simply too slow (at ±100Hz) for the approach I tried. So it currently does not have any acceleration. But, in any case, it should no longer require any 'pumping'. So it should still be an improvement compared to what you have been using before.)

@N2NPro: I would like you to test if this works for you:
- In REAPER, open a project with one or more plug-ins on most tracks (some regular project should probably do just fine);
- (Alt+TAB to) give the script's GUI window focus;
- Press SHIFT+O on the computer keyboard;
- Finally, start using the cursor keys on the computer keyboard to navigate around.

@jico27: I would like you to test if this works for you:
- In REAPER, using the default Theme, open the Screensets/Layouts window, and set Custom layouts #5 to "Selected Mixer Panel: Default (pan at bottom)";
- Next, open a project with (important!) all tracks set to the default track layout, and default track color (any project should do fine, after resetting track color and track layout to default for all tracks);
- Press SHIFT+B on the computer keyboard;
- Finally, start switching banks using the buttons on the StudioMix device.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #209
N2NPro

Hi Banned, jico27,
Thanks for the update.

Quote:
- In REAPER, open a project with one or more plug-ins on most tracks (some regular project should probably do just fine);
- Finally, start using the cursor keys on the computer keyboard to navigate around.
Studiomix does not respond at all, sending nor receiving.
Upon selecting a plugin the new GUI displays eight parameters of the selected plug.
SHIFT+O on the computer keyboard (seems to have no affect)
Keyboard cursor keys do not have any function.

Not sure what I need to do to get SM working or if it's not part of the test.

I use: OSCII-bot v3
Change the StudioMix + Reaper.txt from:
Code:
// ### MIDI input from StudioMix device ###
@input midi_input1 MIDI "Port 1"

// ### OSC input from REAPER (using an OSC Control Surface configuration) ###
// NB: REAPER's OSC Control Surface must be configured to *send* OSC messages to this network address/port!
@input OSC_IN OSC "localhost:9000" // localhost = 127.0.0.1 (IPv4)

// ### OSC output to REAPER ###
// NB: REAPER's OSC Control Surface must be configured to *receive* OSC messages on this network address/port!
// >> Since you can't change this setting in REAPER, check what REAPER uses, and use those settings here too
@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "0.0.0.0:8000" 1024 0
//@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "192.168.1.4:8000" 1024 0

// ### MIDI output to StudioMix device ###
@output midi_output1 MIDI "Port 1"

@init
TO:
Code:
/ ### MIDI input from StudioMix device ###
@input in1 MIDI "Layla24 MIDI"
//@input in1 MIDI "Port 1"

// NB: REAPER's OSC Control Surface must be configured to *send* OSC messages to this network address/port!
@input localhost-input OSC "localhost:9000"

// NB: REAPER's OSC Control Surface must be configured to *receive* OSC messages on this network address/port!
@output localhost OSC "192.168.0.7:8000" 0 0
// @output localhost OSC "192.168.0.1:8000" 0 0

@output out1 MIDI "Layla24 MIDI"
//@output out1 MIDI "Port 1"

@init
Is this not correct?
Please advise.
Thanks for your continued efforts!!

N2N
Old 05-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #210
Banned

Quote:
Studiomix does not respond at all, sending nor receiving.

Not sure what I need to do to get SM working or if it's not part of the test.
Nothing serious, you just seem to have messed up the MIDI and OSC input/output config there (I changed things, e.g. "localhost" to "OSC_to_REAPER", in an effort to be less technical, more descriptive), so MIDI and OSC input/output must have stopped working. Try this code instead and try again:
Code:
@input midi_input1 MIDI "Layla24 MIDI"

@input OSC_IN OSC "localhost:9000"

@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "192.168.0.7:8000" 0 0

@output midi_output1 MIDI "Layla24 MIDI"

@init

Last edited by Banned; 05-16-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #211
N2NPro

Hi Banned et al,
I'm sure you are tired of hearing the praise but, WOW!! You are an amazing noob...lol

2 hours of initial testing:

Working:
Quote:
All works... I even tried other hot keys, they all seem to work.
*Shift+O and cursor combos work great and are very helpful. I made hot keys for this in the past but new method is better. Also new GUI shows all FX parameters and knob switches parameter banks.. Nice!

Transport buttons, Banking +/- buttons, undo/redo buttons, shuttle (nice job-no pumping required), jog, select buttons, faders, pan Knobs, FX knobs, Mode knobs, Mode Button (old Master Mute). ALL WORK.

New Mode Button functions with select buttons to toggle arm rec function when new GUI is focused. Nice!!

Fixed:
Solo and Mute selected buttons not working. Solo defeat with new Mode button does work but there is no Mute defeat Cmd Id so it doesn't function. BTW, I prefer not having to use the new Mode Button (previously Master Mute). The Cmd Id's 6,7 do not work as in previous versions. I changed this code to get both solo/mute selected to function as before along with the new Mode Button (as expected Mute does not work with Mode Button as there is no Mute defeat Cmd ID for it.
Orig v9 code under NRPN 5001 => Mute Selected Track:
Code:
oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 6);
My Mod code using my custom Cmd ID's:
Code:
oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, "s/action/str", "_44a2c5294848b54d92ac3ec414ce37ac");
Not Working:
Send/receive mode not working.
The Send function controls the Master send not the selected track send. Cannot get receives to work as there is no master receive.

Occasional Master fader loses feedback, although still sends fine. Fixed upon opening CS settings dialog and refreshing pattern config list and then closing the settings dialog and preferences windows. (you must do this each time when losing feedback to the master fader). Yes, it only happens to the Master.

Request:
Would be nice if we didn't have to focus on the OSCII-bot window to get the hot keys and mode button to function.

Some sort of indicator to know which Mode is active.

All in all, an amazing feat!! I am truly impressed and bewildered by your achievements with OSCII-bot, Reaper OSC and the StudioMix!!!!!

I look forward to hearing from you all... jico27 ??

N2N
Old 05-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #212
N2NPro

Hi Banned,
Seems like a bit of ghost in the machine....
New mode button and select to toggle arm rec stopped working. Now either doesn't work or I have to enable the FX window and it works only for Track #1, regardless of which select button I press it defaults to toggle arm rec on track #1 only.

I know it worked before as I have been very careful when reporting back. I have reloaded and refreshed several times to recreate the error. I haven't been able to get it to work as it did in my earlier post.

Not sure what's up..

N2N
Old 05-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #213
Banned

Quote:
[...] shuttle (nice job-no pumping required) [...]
Btw, it actually may be possible to use a somewhat workable implementation 'acceleration' - it just seems not to work well with scrubbing (as it is currently implemented, anyway).

What setting are you guys using for REAPER's Preferences > Audio > Playback > Scrub/jog settings > When moving edit cursor via action or control surface: "scrub" or "do not scrub"? And, what's your setting for "Scrub-mode controller sensitivity"? (If you disable scrubbing, it just moves the playback cursor - which may be what you want.

I've mainly been testing the scrubbing feature myself, and that doesn't work well with what I've tried so far. Just moving the cursor is *much* less problematic.
Quote:
Solo defeat with new Mode button does work but there is no Mute defeat Cmd Id so it doesn't function.
Could you elaborate a bit? I don't understand what you mean there... why would you need a 'mute defat' for a 'solo defeat' to function?

Quote:
BTW, I prefer not having to use the new Mode Button (previously Master Mute).
I don't quite understand that comment either, I'm afraid. What would be your suggested alternative? Only using (a) modifier key(s) from the computer keyboard?

Just to be clear: I call that a 'modifier' button; for switching between the 3 modes, there's another control on the StudioMix: the rotary knob with NRPN 4501 (= bottom knob on master track).

You can change also change modes using the '<' and '>' keys. It would probably be better to use three separate keys for the separate modes, I think. (Fwiw: I added the keyboard shortcuts later, but haven't revised the code for switching modes control since then, which would be needed to support three separate shortcuts.)
Quote:
The Cmd Id's 6,7 do not work as in previous versions. I changed this code to get both solo/mute selected to function as before [...]
I still don't understand why those Cmd Id's 6 and 7 don't work for you, but in any case, you'd have to change the code in *two* separate places for those two separate actions. It's not clear from your remarks if you did... so, did you? Do both solo/mute selected now function as before / as expected?
Quote:
[...] along with the new Mode Button (as expected Mute does not work with Mode Button as there is no Mute defeat Cmd ID for it.
Orig v9 code under NRPN 5001 => Mute Selected Track:
Code:
oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 6);
My Mod code using my custom Cmd ID's:
Code:
Excellent.

If you also read the lines around that line, you'll see a comment above it calling it "Option 2" - two lines down is "Option 3" with an example Custom ID. I'll be happy to paste in your Command ID's there (... done!), so next time you'll just have to comment out one line, and uncomment another line just below it (for each function: mute and solo).
Quote:
Not Working:
The Send function controls the Master send not the selected track send. Cannot get receives to work as there is no master receive.
That's a weird one; they seem to be working as expected here on my end. And: afaik, the master track has no sends, either - only hardware outputs. So I can't control master sends at all...

We'll have to look into this one a bit more thoroughly, I guess.
Quote:
Occasional Master fader loses feedback, although still sends fine. Fixed upon opening CS settings dialog and refreshing pattern config list and then closing the settings dialog and preferences windows. (you must do this each time when losing feedback to the master fader). Yes, it only happens to the Master.
Will look into this one as well. Probably a silly bug on my end... I guess it's related to bank switching not being taken into account or something like that. Definitely the sort of bug that I've seen myself quite a few times while getting the hang of EEL2 (and its quirks!).

Btw: in REAPER, you can assign a shortcut to the action "Control surface: refresh all surfaces", which does much the same as reloading the configuration (but is much less tedious, of course). While that *shouldn't* hardly ever be needed (only after accidentally disconnecting or switching off the StudioMix), I use that one all the time during debugging myself. So I'd suggest to set it up on your end too, at least until we more or less settle on the design and are confident that the script is sufficiently bug-free for regular use.
Quote:
Request:
Would be nice if we didn't have to focus on the OSCII-bot window to get the hot keys and mode button to function.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible in OSCII-bot currently. The closest we can currently come to that, is try to find some workaround to make REAPER send stuff to OSCII-bot (via MIDI, OSC or otherwise).

But I'm not (yet) convinced that we actually would need that, so I haven't given it much thought.

(BIG!) *IF* we actually want to use the same shortcuts to do the same thing whenever REAPER has focus, we can probably replicate most of the things we'd need using some (custom) actions / macro's. For example, if you want the cursor up/down keys to select the previous/next effect slot in REAPER while automatically opening/closing UI windows, there's a pair of actions for doing just that in the SWS extension ("SWS/S&M: Float next FX (and close others) for selected tracks") - which I assume you have installed, btw, since some new features rely on SWS actions... I should definitely have mentioned that, sorry I forgot.
Quote:
Some sort of indicator to know which Mode is active.
Noted.
Quote:
All in all, an amazing feat!! I am truly impressed and bewildered by your achievements with OSCII-bot, Reaper OSC and the StudioMix!!!!!
Much thanks again, you're very welcome.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #214
Banned

Quote:
Hi Banned,
Seems like a bit of ghost in the machine....
New mode button and select to toggle arm rec stopped working. Now either doesn't work or I have to enable the FX window and it works only for Track #1, regardless of which select button I press it defaults to toggle arm rec on track #1 only.

I know it worked before as I have been very careful when reporting back. I have reloaded and refreshed several times to recreate the error. I haven't been able to get it to work as it did in my earlier post.

Not sure what's up..

N2N
Hmm, that sounds really weird (and I can't seem to replicate that - no idea what to look for...).

Did you perhaps make some more edits to the script, if so, which?

(Btw, have you also copied 'your' values for jitterDelta, fader_maximum_midi and fader_minimum_midi into the new version again already?)

Also, this would be a good time to throw that MonitorMIDI+OSC-IO.txt script into OSCII-bot's scripts folder, maybe it gives some clues as to what's going wrong.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:27 AM   #215
jico27

Hi Banned & N2N

All this really seems to be a LOT of work... Thanks.
First of all, here is what i get with the new config (oscii-bot 0.3 + new .reaperosc file + new Reaper+SM.txt), assuming that the all changes needed concerning my setup have been done:

-------------------------------------------
E:\Users\JMR\AppData\Roaming\oscii-bot\StudioMix+REAPER (oscii-bot 0.3).txt
Error listening for 'localhost:9000'
1 inputs, 2 outputs

Total: 1 scripts, 1 inputs, 2 outputs

================================================== ==============================
oscsend(): output device 0.000000 invalid
-----------------------------------------

But that doesn't seem to affect the communication between Reaper & the SM, with the actions you mentioned :

@jico27: I would like you to test if this works for you:
- In REAPER, using the default Theme, open the Screensets/Layouts window, and set Custom layouts #5 to "Selected Mixer Panel: Default (pan at bottom)";
- Next, open a project with (important!) all tracks set to the default track layout, and default track color (any project should do fine, after resetting track color and track layout to default for all tracks);
- Press SHIFT+B on the computer keyboard;
- Finally, start switching banks using the buttons on the StudioMix device.

Banks are switching normally. And everything else too !!!
Is everything alright so far?

For the rest:
As N2N said, i didn't noticed any change in the jog/shuttle behavior.
Also, i didn't tried the effects thing yet and the nice colored monitor doesn't respond to anything, right now, of course.
I just wanna be sure i can go on with the current functioning.

TIA

Last edited by jico27; 05-18-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #216
Banned

Seems to be simlar to what happened to N2NPro, you must have lost the OSC connections. Can you paste your @input / @output lines from the previous version?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:41 AM   #217
Banned

@N2NPro: I'm now also seeing weird things, record arm toggle is indeed not working as expected. Looking into it...
Old 05-18-2014, 06:06 AM   #218
jico27

Quote:
Seems to be simlar to what happened to N2NPro, you must have lost the OSC connections. Can you paste your @input / @output lines from the previous version?
Here they are

@input in1 MIDI "Profire 2626 MIDI"
//@input in1 MIDI "Port 1"

//@output localhost OSC "192.168.1.2:8000" 0 0
@output localhost OSC "192.168.0.22:8000" 1024 0

@output out1 MIDI "Profire 2626 MIDI"
//@output out1 MIDI "Port 1"

Old 05-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #219
jico27

I re-started from scratch with the old and the new settings:

with the old I/O settings:

Here is what i get:
---------------------------------------
Listening on 'localhost:9000'
2 inputs, 2 outputs

Total: 1 scripts, 2 inputs, 2 outputs

================================================== ==============================

With the new I/O settings
@output OSC_to_REAPER OSC "192.168.0.22:8000" 1024 0
Here is what i get:
2 inputs, 2 outputs

Total: 1 scripts, 2 inputs, 2 outputs

midisend(): device 0.000000 invalid
etc...

Does this help?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #220
Banned

Quote:
I re-started from scratch with the old and the new settings:

with the old I/O settings:

[...]

Does this help?
Yes. It's the same thing as with N2NPro: you copied the entire line, instead of the OSC address/port only. But I had also changed its name from "localhost" to "OSC_to_REAPER" (the script doesn't care what the OSC input is called, btw). Try this:
Code:
@input midi_input1 "Profire 2626 MIDI"

@output midi_output1 MIDI "Profire 2626 MIDI"
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #221
Banned

Quote:
@N2NPro: I'm now also seeing weird things, record arm toggle is indeed not working as expected. Looking into it...
Ok, that was just a silly sloppy paste on my part (I had forgotten to replace a "@" wildcard character with a %d formatting character), should be fixed now. Try v0.91 - also with a different take on the Shuttle wheel thing: (only) two levels of acceleration, moving by either beats or bars. It also includes a minor edit to the .ReaperOSC file, which just *may* solve the master track volume feedback issue (I guess commenting out OSC patterns with a "#" character is not supposed to be done in the middle of a line).
Old 05-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #222
N2NPro

Hi Banned and jico27,

Banned, I have gone back through our posts and needed to answer your questions. I get a bit ahead of myself every time you treat us with a new version, the excitement is like Christmas Here we go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro
I would like the capability to change the "Main" to the right side. I looked through the script for the option but it seemed as though I would need to change it in several places.
Quote:
You mean, the *left* side? I'm just working with that picture, but afaik, the *rightmost* fader on the StudioMix already controls the main (i.e. master) track currently?
No, I mean your new GUI has the Master Fader on the Left side ie:
Master, 1, 2 , 3 etc...

Quote:
(Or, in case you want to switch the master track to the right side *in REAPER's Mixer*, you can simply do so by right-clicking on an empty part of the mixer, then selecting Master Track > "Show on right side of mixer".)
Yes, this is how I have mine set up already with hot key screen sets to go from showing 16 channels to 8 with the master always on the Right side of the MCP.

Quote:
In any case, yes, switching the order around in the script would need a bit of adaptation here and there, rather than changing just one line or variable (some maths would become a little awkward, given the hard-wired NRPN message numbers used by the controls on the StudioMix device, and how the script currently 'converts' those NRPN numbers to track numbers).
Not changing the SM layout just your new GUI to match my Reaper layout

Quote:
Btw, it actually may be possible to use a somewhat workable implementation 'acceleration' - it just seems not to work well with scrubbing (as it is currently implemented, anyway).

What setting are you guys using for REAPER's Preferences > Audio > Playback > Scrub/jog settings > When moving edit cursor via action or control surface: "scrub" or "do not scrub"? And, what's your setting for "Scrub-mode controller sensitivity"? (If you disable scrubbing, it just moves the playback cursor - which may be what you want.

I've mainly been testing the scrubbing feature myself, and that doesn't work well with what I've tried so far. Just moving the cursor is *much* less problematic.
First off, the shuttle wheel works great now. Acceleration would just be icing
My settings:
Scrub/jog settings
Checked= Limit scrub rate to 1.0x
Looped seg mode= -88 ms to 0 ms
Scrub mode controller sensitivity = 1.00
When moving edit cursor via action or CS= Do Not Scrub

Quote:
Solo defeat with new Mode button does work but there is no Mute defeat Cmd Id so it doesn't function.
Quote:
Could you elaborate a bit? I don't understand what you mean there... why would you need a 'mute defat' for a 'solo defeat' to function?
At the start of testing the solo/mute selected buttons did not function as in v82. We needed to change the Cmd ID's to custom Cmd ID's, remember? I was trying the new modifier button along with the solo button and "solo defeat" came up but no way of Muting. So I changed the code as I mentioned, and the solo/mute selected buttons work as before in v82. It's obvious there is no need for a "Mute defeat" like with "solo" defeat, I just didn't have a mute working yet and thought it might have something to do with a different action that I was unaware of... All is working now with solo/mute selected and solo defeat. Yay!

Quote:
BTW, I prefer not having to use the new Mode Button (previously Master Mute).
Scratch this comment... It was related to the "solo defeat". I merely stated, I prefer to not have to use the select button and the modifier button to solo/mute selected. I now know the modifier in use with the solo is "solo defeat" which is great. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Just to be clear: I call that a 'modifier' button; for switching between the 3 modes, there's another control on the StudioMix: the rotary knob with NRPN 4501 (= bottom knob on master track).

You can change also change modes using the '<' and '>' keys. It would probably be better to use three separate keys for the separate modes, I think. (Fwiw: I added the keyboard shortcuts later, but haven't revised the code for switching modes control since then, which would be needed to support three separate shortcuts.)
To make sure I understand:
Knob 4500= FX ParamBank +/-
Knob 4501= 3x modes. 1= regular mixer. 2= receives mixer selected. 3= sends mixer selected.
Button 6005= Modifier

This all works fine for me. Would be nice to have the GUI identify which mode is active. (I know I stated this already)

Quote:
I still don't understand why those Cmd Id's 6 and 7 don't work for you, but in any case, you'd have to change the code in *two* separate places for those two separate actions. It's not clear from your remarks if you did... so, did you? Do both solo/mute selected now function as before / as expected?
My code for mute/solo selected with my custom cmd id's:
Code:
						// NRPN 5001 => Mute Selected Track(s) [Toggle]
						// 		  OR => (using SHIFT or MIDI modifier:) Monitor Selected Track(s)
						nrpn_index==5001 ? (
							value_14bit == button_depressed ? (
								SHIFT_KEY || MIDI_MODIFIER_BUTTON ? (
									// Monitor Selected Track(s)
									oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_track_monitor_toggle);
									debug_mode? printf("\n[MIDI>OSC] Monitor Selected Track(s) [TOGGLE ON/OFF]"); // DEBUG SPAM									
								) : ( 
									// Mute Selected Track(s)
									// ### Option 1: Send 'mute selected track(s)' message to OSC Control Surface
									//oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_track_mute_toggle);
									// ### Option 2: Trigger 'Track: Toggle mute for selected tracks' action via OSC
									// ### Option 3: Trigger a custom action, using its Custom ID (since this is guaranteed not to change)
									//oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action_custom_id, "_972d01de92474c04889cd9bbbdf8c8d5"); // EXAMPLE Custom ID
									debug_mode? printf("\n[MIDI>OSC] Mute Selected Track(s) [TOGGLE ON/OFF]"); // DEBUG SPAM
								);
							);
						);

// NRPN 5002 => Solo Selected Track(s) [Toggle]
						// 		  OR => (using SHIFT or MIDI modifier:) Toggle track solo defeat
						nrpn_index==5002 ? (
							value_14bit == button_depressed ? (
								SHIFT_KEY || MIDI_MODIFIER_BUTTON ? (
									oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 41199); // trigger REAPER action: "Track: Toggle track solo defeat"
									debug_mode? printf("\n[MIDI>OSC] Solo Defeat Selected Track(s) [TOGGLE ON/OFF]"); // DEBUG SPAM
								) : ( 
									// ### Option 1: Send 'solo selected track(s)' message to OSC Control Surface
									//oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_track_solo_toggle, 1);
									// ### Option 2: Trigger 'Track: Toggle solo for selected tracks' action via OSC
									oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, "s/action/str", "_99d5ee3e0f3253429863f95e02ad1d20");
									// ### Option 3: Trigger a custom action, using its Custom ID (since this is guaranteed not to change)
									//oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action_custom_id, "_972d01de92474c04889cd9bbbdf8c8d5"); // EXAMPLE Custom ID
									debug_mode? printf("\n[MIDI>OSC] Solo Selected Track(s) [TOGGLE ON/OFF]"); // DEBUG SPAM
								);
Quote:
Not Working:
Quote:
That's a weird one; they seem to be working as expected here on my end. And: afaik, the master track has no sends, either - only hardware outputs. So I can't control master sends at all...
We'll have to look into this one a bit more thoroughly, I guess.
Yes, master only has hardware outs that's listed as "sends". The "sends" mode only controls the "Master" section "sends" not the selected track. Receive mode does not function.

Quote:
Btw: in REAPER, you can assign a shortcut to the action "Control surface: refresh all surfaces", which does much the same as reloading the configuration (but is much less tedious, of course). While that *shouldn't* hardly ever be needed (only after accidentally disconnecting or switching off the StudioMix), I use that one all the time during debugging myself. So I'd suggest to set it up on your end too, at least until we more or less settle on the design and are confident that the script is sufficiently bug-free for regular use.
Yes, I have made a button for this purpose although it doesn't seem to refresh as well (or all the time) as opening the CS dialog as previously mentioned.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible in OSCII-bot currently. The closest we can currently come to that, is try to find some workaround to make REAPER send stuff to OSCII-bot (via MIDI, OSC or otherwise).

But I'm not (yet) convinced that we actually would need that, so I haven't given it much thought.

(BIG!) *IF* we actually want to use the same shortcuts to do the same thing whenever REAPER has focus, we can probably replicate most of the things we'd need using some (custom) actions / macro's. For example, if you want the cursor up/down keys to select the previous/next effect slot in REAPER while automatically opening/closing UI windows, there's a pair of actions for doing just that in the SWS extension ("SWS/S&M: Float next FX (and close others) for selected tracks") - which I assume you have installed, btw, since some new features rely on SWS actions... I should definitely have mentioned that, sorry I forgot.
I do not use SWS extensions. Not sure if I need it.

N2N
Old 05-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #223
N2NPro

Default Continued to Banned

Continued Post---

Quote:
(Btw, have you also copied 'your' values for jitterDelta, fader_maximum_midi and fader_minimum_midi into the new version again already?)
I did not change this code:
Code:
// ### 'fader calibration' adjusts the range used for 14 bit MIDI messages on the end of the StudioMix faders ###
fader_calibration = 1; // (0 = OFF; 1 = ON)
// For calibration of faders on StudioMix device - which seem unable to reach the theoretical
// minimum or maximum values of a 14-bit value range, being 0 and 16383, respectively. 
// To calibrate, check what the lowest/highest possible values are for all 9 faders; then:
// From the set of highest possible values (one for each fader), use the lowest value (or slightly below it):
fader_maximum_midi = 15871; // Default: 16383 (= off); range: 0 to 16383
// From the set of lowest possible values (one for each fader), use the highest value (or slightly above it):
fader_minimum_midi = 512; // Default: 0 (= off); range: 0 to 16383
But I did change Jitter eater to:
Code:
eat_jitter = 1; // (0 = OFF; 1 = ON)
// TWEAK THIS VALUE TO (ATTEMPT TO) MINIMIZE JITTER:
jitterDelta = 70; // 30; // Sensitivity parameter for 'Magical Jitter Processor' (-1 = off; suggested value: a few hundred or so)
// Always pass values if they are within 'dead zone' amount from minimum / maximum
deadzone = max(0, 2*jitterDelta); // Default: 0 (= off); range: 0 to 16383; suggested value: a few hundred or so
Quote:
I'm glad it's not just me

I know this was long but I needed to get this report to you. Sorry for the delay.
Thank you again so, so much!!!

N2N
Old 05-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #224
N2NPro

Hi Banned,

New script v91.
Fixed arm rec toggle. Master Fader seems to be fixed (after limited testing).

Jog/shuttle broken=
No movement from shuttle and jog advances by 3x 1/4 notes then returns to start.
also seems shuttle sends continuous [OSC output] /action [i] 41043
EDIT:
While playing, the jog and shuttle worked for a sec then crashed reaper. Re-opend reaper and the song stuttered at the first coupe of beats then crashed reaper.

Hope this helps get to the bottom of it

N2N

Last edited by N2NPro; 05-18-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #225
Banned

Quote:
No, I mean your new GUI has the Master Fader on the Left side ie:
Master, 1, 2 , 3 etc...

[...]

Not changing the SM layout just your new GUI to match my Reaper layout
I'm still confused. The GUI doesn't show *anything* related to the *faders*, not for the master track, or any other track.

(Or do you perhaps mean the VU meters script?)
Quote:
First off, the shuttle wheel works great now. Acceleration would just be icing
My settings:
Scrub/jog settings
Checked= Limit scrub rate to 1.0x
Looped seg mode= -88 ms to 0 ms
Scrub mode controller sensitivity = 1.00
When moving edit cursor via action or CS= Do Not Scrub
Gotcha. There are now three different approaches in the script to how the shuttle works. I can make some (temporary) shortcuts to change them on the fly for testing which one you guys like best, perhaps?
Quote:
[...] I changed the code as I mentioned, and the solo/mute selected buttons work as before in v82. It's obvious there is no need for a "Mute defeat" like with "solo" defeat, I just didn't have a mute working yet and thought it might have something to do with a different action that I was unaware of... All is working now with solo/mute selected and solo defeat. Yay!
Thanks, perfectly clear now.
Quote:
Scratch this comment... [...] Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. Bound to happen with such technical stuff, especially when not talking face to face with hands on the gear.
Quote:
To make sure I understand:
Knob 4500= FX ParamBank +/-
Knob 4501= 3x modes. 1= regular mixer. 2= receives mixer selected. 3= sends mixer selected.
Button 6005= Modifier
Exactly, that's the current scheme. But I'm open to change that stuff.

For one thing, while Knob 4500 seems to be 'in the right place' ergonomically, I'm slightly concerned it is a bit too sensitive for switching (parameter) banks - with my knobs, anyway, you have to be a bit gentle to change banks by only one step, which is what I want most often. (On the other hand, buttons are inconvenient for quickly navigating through banks for plug-ins with huge amounts of parameters).

And as we should probably revise mode selection anyway, maybe Knob 4501 could be used for something else, like BPM (even though REAPER doesn't always handle that as elegantly as it should).
Quote:
This all works fine for me. Would be nice to have the GUI identify which mode is active. (I know I stated this already)
Yep. Still not sure whether to 'go all the way' and display all send/receive names and so on...
Quote:
My code for mute/solo selected with my custom cmd id's: [...]
Excellent job. You did miss the Option #3 lines, though, which were already there waiting for you to just paste your Command IDs. But either way is fine, of course - doing it yourself is probably slightly better.
Quote:
Yes, master only has hardware outs that's listed as "sends". The "sends" mode only controls the "Master" section "sends" not the selected track. Receive mode does not function.
Ok, I'm slightly less confused, but it's still not perfectly clear. I think the selected track in REAPER doesn't yet sync with the script perfectly in all cases (for example, try navigating with the left/right cursor keys, then unselecting tracks, then using keys again), and you somehow seem to be stuck at having the master track selected.

I also think you didn't use the new version of the .ReaperOSC config file yet? It seems that the DEVICE_TRACK_FOLLOWS setting affects this - I changed it to DEVICE instead of LAST_TOUCHED (in which case it only responds to device buttons and keyboard shortcuts). Changing it back to LAST_TOUCHED to debug that option...
Quote:
Yes, I have made a button for this purpose although it doesn't seem to refresh as well (or all the time) as opening the CS dialog as previously mentioned.
It should work just the same. Maybe use the monitor script to see what's different, if anything?
Quote:
I do not use SWS extensions. Not sure if I need it.
Try it, it contains a *lot* of really cool stuff. It's almost an obligatory install, imho.

(Also, search the script for "SWS" to see what you're missing out on currently...)
Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #226
Banned

Quote:
New script v91.
Fixed arm rec toggle. Master Fader seems to be fixed (after limited testing).
Yay!
Quote:
Jog/shuttle broken=
No movement from shuttle and jog advances by 3x 1/4 notes then returns to start.
also seems shuttle sends continuous [OSC output] /action [i] 41043
EDIT:
While playing, the jog and shuttle worked for a sec then crashed reaper. Re-opend reaper and the song stuttered at the first coupe of beats then crashed reaper.

Hope this helps get to the bottom of it
Oops. Sounds like I mixed up shuttle and jog or something... looking into it.

[EDIT:] Oh, it's much simpler: there's one line I forgot to comment out, which I use to make a knob on my BCR emulate the shuttle wheel, that messes things up for you. Look for this line:

Code:
value_14bit -= 7; // !!! NB: ONLY FOR EASIER DEBUGGING (USING BCR-2000): CONVERT RANGE 0 to 14 --> -7 to +7
... and just delete it, then try again please.

Last edited by Banned; 05-18-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #227
jico27

Thanks for the tip...

Now, testing v0.91. With:
@input midi_input1 "Profire 2626 MIDI"

This is what i get:

Usage: @input devicehandle MIDI "substring devicename match" [skip_count]
Usage: @input devicehandle OSC "1.2.3.4: port"
Usage: @input devicehandle OSC "*: port"
Usage: @input devicehandle OMNI-MIDI
Usage: @input devicehandle OMNI-OSC
Usage: @input devicehandle OMNI-MIDI-OUTPUT
Usage: @input devicehandle OMNI-OSC-OUTPUT
1 inputs, 2 outputs

Total: 1 scripts, 1 inputs, 2 outputs

In reaper, I only get:
/action [i] 41743
/device/track/bank/follows [s] "MIXER"
when the script is loaded in oscii-bot
But i can't get any other incoming messages from the SM to reaper
(same if i do the Alt+tab (to focus the Gui window) & Shift+B actions)
I can get only messages from reaper to the SM working

Is there something else that i did wrong?
Old 05-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #228
Banned

Oops, forgot the "MIDI" keyword there for the script's MIDI input, sorry. Another attempt:
Code:
@input midi_input1 MIDI "Profire 2626 MIDI" 

Old 05-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #229
jico27

ok, fine, it works.
I should have known that!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #230
N2NPro

Banned,

Quote:
[EDIT:] Oh, it's much simpler: there's one line I forgot to comment out, which I use to make a knob on my BCR emulate the shuttle wheel, that messes things up for you. Look for this line:
Done!! Fixed!!

Jog/Shuttle= as we say in Cali-> "totally bad ass"!!
I actually shed a tear of joy and gratitude. Another amazing testament to your perseverance!! N2N= dumb founded...

Okay...
All seems to work as expected after some testing.
Send/Receive->
My test procedure:
Blank Reaper Project-> add two tracks-> add send track #1 to track #2-> select track #1-> Turn Mode knob to "Send" mode-> SM faders all jump to INF-> Focus GUI-> cursor to track #1-> move SM fader #1.

My Results:
Upon moving SM fader/pan #1, Track #1 Send slot #1 works perfectly and bi-directionally.
Switching Modes to Receive:
Upon moving SM fader/pan #1, Track #1 Recieve slot #1 works perfectly and bi-directionally.

*My mistake:
I was not having the GUI in focus during the send/receive procedure.
Although when not focus on the GUI and in "Send Mode" the Master fader/pan are affected by the SM fader/pan adjustments. This might be an issue unless one pays close attention.
Another reason for achieving GUI focus with a single key stroke or perhaps nothing at all. N2N just babbling....

Quote:
(Or do you perhaps mean the VU meters script?)
Yes, I mean VU meters script... how belligerent of me. My apologies.

Quote:
Gotcha. There are now three different approaches in the script to how the shuttle works. I can make some (temporary) shortcuts to change them on the fly for testing which one you guys like best, perhaps?
IMHO the Shuttle is perfect. The jog could/should be fine tune-able. It is now set at increments of .5 secs. (shuttle set to beats/bars, again perfect), would be better to choose either beats/bars if possible.

Quote:
Exactly, that's the current scheme. But I'm open to change that stuff.

For one thing, while Knob 4500 seems to be 'in the right place' ergonomically, I'm slightly concerned it is a bit too sensitive for switching (parameter) banks - with my knobs, anyway, you have to be a bit gentle to change banks by only one step, which is what I want most often. (On the other hand, buttons are inconvenient for quickly navigating through banks for plug-ins with huge amounts of parameters).

And as we should probably revise mode selection anyway, maybe Knob 4501 could be used for something else, like BPM (even though REAPER doesn't always handle that as elegantly as it should).
Would be nice if knob 4500 could be made less sensitive (ex: more clicks to change param banks) but it's perfectly fine as is for me. I am not interested in tempo changes, although others might be. I originally thought knobs to change modes/param banks would be uncomfortable but have grown like/prefer it (especially when GUI ident is developed).

Quote:
Yep. Still not sure whether to 'go all the way' and display all send/receive names and so on...
You are funny... with your drive toward perfection, IMHO you have already "gone all the way"... why stop now? said the guinea pig pushing the master

Quote:
Excellent job. You did miss the Option #3 lines, though, which were already there waiting for you to just paste your Command IDs. But either way is fine, of course - doing it yourself is probably slightly better.
I tried replacing the example custom Cmd ID but it didn't work. So I came up with my workaround. I know, I could hardly be more feeble at scripting but I do always try. I need an exceptional teacher to hold my hand through the process and fear I need more time than my life allows.

Quote:
Ok, I'm slightly less confused, but it's still not perfectly clear. I think the selected track in REAPER doesn't yet sync with the script perfectly in all cases (for example, try navigating with the left/right cursor keys, then unselecting tracks, then using keys again), and you somehow seem to be stuck at having the master track selected.
I have confirmed this, except-> the Master Fader is not stuck on "selected" (in my case) although it has lost feedback. Also, confirmed is-> CS:refresh all CS does not get the Master Fader feedback to work once "stuck", only refreshing through the Options/Preferences/CS/OSC, click "OK"-> then closing dialogs, will get the Master Fader feedback to function again.

Quote:
I also think you didn't use the new version of the .ReaperOSC config file yet? It seems that the DEVICE_TRACK_FOLLOWS setting affects this - I changed it to DEVICE instead of LAST_TOUCHED (in which case it only responds to device buttons and keyboard shortcuts). Changing it back to LAST_TOUCHED to debug that option...
I am using the new .ReaperOSC (I call it v.91 to go with OSCII.txt v.91).
Changing back to "LAST_TOUCHED to debug that option" confirms losing master Fader feedback upon loading a few tracks. (not needed to focus on GUI window and scroll w/cursor keys- return to Reaper window to lose feedback. Reverting back to "DEVICE" the Master Fader only loses feedback after GUI window focus and cursor key movement and returning to Reaper window.

When Master fader feedback WORKS and is being controlled by mouse.
LOG Monitor=
[OSC input] /master/volume [f]
[MIDI output] [BF|26|variable] Ch. 16 CC# 38 value: variable

When Master fader feedback DOES NOT work and is being controlled by mouse.
LOG Monitor= null input or output (no log data what so ever).

When Master fader feedback DOES NOT work and is being controlled by SM master fader.
LOG Monitor=
[MIDI intput] [BF|26|variable] Ch. 16 CC# 38 value: variable
[OSC input] /master/volume [f]

When Master fader feedback WORKS and is being controlled by SM master fader.
LOG Monitor=
[MIDI intput] [BF|26|variable] Ch. 16 CC# 38 value: variable
[OSC output] /master/volume [f]

Quote:
Quote:
It should work just the same. Maybe use the monitor script to see what's different, if anything?
Upon losing feedback on the Reaper Master Fader when moving by mouse, I hit my "Refresh all CS" button in Reaper and get this:
LOG Monitor=
[MIDI output] [BF|26|variable] Ch. 16 CC# 38 value: variable
*DOES NOT refresh CS

Upon going through the "open OSC/CS dialogs" method produces null LOG data.
*DOES refresh the CS.
Not sure if this helps??

Quote:
Try it, it contains a *lot* of really cool stuff. It's almost an obligatory install, imho.

(Also, search the script for "SWS" to see what you're missing out on currently...)
Yes, I have looked at it in the past and was intimidated by it and found the stock feature set customizationable enough for my work flow at the moment. If needed, I will go through the process of SWS but for now, I just want to get the SM working to order and then get back to my studio work. Please advise if there is a function we have already implemented in the SM-OSC requiring SWS.

I can't say thank you enough for all you do!!!!!!!

N2N
Old 05-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #231
Banned

Quote:
Jog/Shuttle= as we say in Cali-> "totally bad ass"!!
I actually shed a tear of joy and gratitude. Another amazing testament to your perseverance!! N2N= dumb founded...
Glad you like it.

It's actually more a testament to the *very* limited usefulness of REAPER's scrub/jog commands, imho. Avoiding them altogether and just using a bunch of actions to move around apparently gives much better results. Good for us, but quite sad for the scrub function, which I would have liked to use.

Also, it should be quite easy to tweak it a bit further - I have no idea how the physical control actually feels. For example, it now 'switches gears' from beats to measures when the shuttle 'speed' (i.e. how far it is rotated away from center position) is higher than 4; you could perhaps lower that a bit. Look for these lines:

Code:
// using two levels of 'acceleration', moving back/forward by either whole beats (= slower) or whole measures (= faster)
shuttle_speed <= -4                        ? oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 41043): // trigger REAPER action: "Go back one measure"
shuttle_speed <= -1 && shuttle_speed >= -3 ? oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 41045): // trigger REAPER action: "Go back one beat"
shuttle_speed >=  1 && shuttle_speed <=  3 ? oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 41044): // trigger REAPER action: "Go forward one beat"
shuttle_speed >=  4                        ? oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, 41042); // trigger REAPER action: "Go forward one measure"
To make it more sensitive, you can e.g. change the left part of those lines to:
Code:
shuttle_speed < -1 ? ...
shuttle_speed = -1 ? ...
shuttle_speed =  1 ? ...
shuttle_speed >  1 ? ...
Quote:
Although when not focus on the GUI and in "Send Mode" the Master fader/pan are affected by the SM fader/pan adjustments. This might be an issue unless one pays close attention.
Another reason for achieving GUI focus with a single key stroke or perhaps nothing at all. N2N just babbling....
Please feel free to babble on. It's interesting to hear about first impressions, things that may (initially) be confusing, etc.

And I agree, things may be confusing without a clear indicator of which mode you're in. Ideally, you wouldn't need to look at an indicator at all - so at this stage, I'm trying to make things as intuitive as possible before actually adding one, as a bit of a design/usability experiment. (That's what guinea pigs are for, right? )
Quote:
Yes, I mean VU meters script... how belligerent of me. My apologies.
Haha, that explains the confusion. And yeah, that's a very good idea actually, noted!

Also good to hear you're actually using that VU meters script - to me it's more of an excuse for playing around with graphics functions, as I'm typically not much interested in watching VU levels myself. But suggestions for improvement by actual users are welcome!
Quote:
IMHO the Shuttle is perfect. The jog could/should be fine tune-able. It is now set at increments of .5 secs. (shuttle set to beats/bars, again perfect), would be better to choose either beats/bars if possible.
The jog now uses the transport rewind/forward functions, but it would be easy enough to make it use actions that move by either beats or measures (like the shuttle now uses). And we could use the MIDI modifier button / SHIFT modifier key to switch between beats and measures.

(... done. )
Quote:
Would be nice if knob 4500 could be made less sensitive (ex: more clicks to change param banks) but it's perfectly fine as is for me. I am not interested in tempo changes, although others might be. I originally thought knobs to change modes/param banks would be uncomfortable but have grown like/prefer it (especially when GUI ident is developed).
It's easy enough to require more clicks, but I'm afraid that wouldn't help much - I think it would feel awkward when it may or may not respond when you turn it, depending on how much clicks you still have to go in either way.

Perhaps buttons with a mechanism like you have when holding down a computer keyboard key (send once, wait, start sending at fast rate until key is released) would be most suitable for switching (track / plug-in parameter) banks.

And yeah, designing/customizing user interfaces is very much a matter of experimenting, getting used to different ways of doing things, finding out what best suits your personal preferences and workflow.
Quote:
You are funny... with your drive toward perfection, IMHO you have already "gone all the way"... why stop now? said the guinea pig pushing the master
Hehe. Sure, coming from "my controller doesn't work with REAPER at all, please help", we've already gone all the way.

But the technical part of that really was the easier part - designing the 'ideal' interface always seems to remain a challenge, a never-ending quest if you will.

And I'm afraid drawing a huge matrix with track/send/receive/effect/parameter names and values and/or visualizations may not be useful at all when you're already looking at REAPER most of the time, and only have a relatively limited number of physical controls available.

For another perspective: I have also made setups with GUIs that assume that you're *not* looking at REAPER's GUI, but have plenty of physical controls, and a spare computer connected to the same network with its display(s) behind the controller(s). And then try to be smart, like "oh, this effect is ReaEQ and the parameter is a frequency - since we know ReaEQ's frequency scaling is plain wrong, we'll use a custom function to correct its values", or "this parameter needs smaller steps, so send SysEx to the controller to switch the mode for this specific knob to absolute 14-bit on the fly". You can imagine things becoming ever more complicated, I guess.
Quote:
I tried replacing the example custom Cmd ID but it didn't work. So I came up with my workaround. I know, I could hardly be more feeble at scripting but I do always try. I need an exceptional teacher to hold my hand through the process and fear I need more time than my life allows.
Ok, let me try to give another very basic lesson then, which I suspect you guys aren't aware of yet: everything to the right of two (or more) forward slashes is a *comment*, the script will completely ignore it (i.e. regard it as a comment, intended for reading by humans rather than by scripts). Now, a very basic technique to quickly change how things work, is to 'abuse' comments for "commenting out" lines of code by adding "//" characters to the left) to disable them. You'll see in the script that I've used this techique quite a bit. Whenever you see a line starting with "//" to the left, it is not working - until you "uncomment" it by removing "//" to the left.

Turning to our example, there are three options, of which two are commented out, thus disabled. Apparently, you correctly changed the line with the third option, but since it was still commented out, its effect was not 'seen' by the script. To make the change, apart from pasting in your Custom ID string, you would also need to 'uncomment' option 3, and 'comment out' option 2 (the latter only for 'tidy housekeeping' - it really doesn't do much harm to send out messages which have no effect, it just wastes a tiny bit CPU time and networking bandwidth).

Quote:
[...] losing master Fader feedback [...] Not sure if this helps??
Thanks for the extensive feedback, will look into it. Apart from bugs on my end, note that such issues may to some extent be inherent to the system where we conceptually have *two* different selections: one for the OSC Control Surface device, one for REAPER. Some combinations of settings may simply not be useful or feasible, so it's also a matter of testing what works and what doesn't.
Quote:
Yes, I have looked at it in the past and was intimidated by it and found the stock feature set customizationable enough for my work flow at the moment. If needed, I will go through the process of SWS but for now, I just want to get the SM working to order and then get back to my studio work. Please advise if there is a function we have already implemented in the SM-OSC requiring SWS.
I can imagine being intimidated by it, but there's no need to be afraid. (Btw, the very same JeffOS responsible for an important part of this script is one of its main developers). Just give it a try - even with the very extensive stock set of REAPER features, I bet there's at least one thing in there that you've already found yourself wishing for. (Sometimes, it even seems that the main reason for something being missing from REAPER is that it's already included in the SWS extension.)

I think if you try jico27's 'test mission scenario', you'll find that it works much better with SWS installed (otherwise I think you'll lose current track selection state after switching banks).

Btw, even without SWS, there are some little things in there that you may not have found yet... hints: plug-in parameter fine-tuning / coarse-tuning, pan 2, and input monitor toggle.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #232
jico27

Now that the I/O settings of the script are ok, i'm going to do a little test of all the new functionalities.
First a little problem: the transport commands wouldn't work at all. They hanged.
But this could be fixed with the 'deleted line' mentioned above.
Since then everything is ok.
As N2N said, the jog/shuttle is really a pleasure to work with. It's perfect.
Just needs a little tweaking to get the right speed for my own needs. But... hooray ! for that.

Wonderful Display too with its 8 nicely colored potentiometers.
Let's try the 3 modes, now. That's to say 1.Mixer 2.Receives 3.Sends. Is that right?
Actually, mode 1.Mixer is ok for me, but with mode 2. & 3. 'Receives & sends' i see no action performed on the SM replicated in reaper.
Maybe i'm still confused with how to get 'Receives & sends' work in reaper, since they're correctly displayed on the oscii monitor.
This is probably related to the actions performed on the computer keyboard that are still too new to me to be totally easy to use...
I'm also disturbed by the fact that the focus must be put on the oscii-bot to make these functions active. Couldn't this be made more simple later?
Currently, when i use mode 3. i get the parameters values of the VSTs (FX or VSti) selected in reaper.
This feature is really great since we have not only the parameters names but also the presets names and even the place in the VST chain of a track displayed. Great job. I just noticed though, that the presets names don't appear if DX FX are used. I didn't try with JS yet.
The FX parameter bank feature is ok!

That's all for the moment. So many surprises at the same time is a lot!
I need to practice more for further investigations. But... thanks Banned!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #233
Banned

Quote:
Now that the I/O settings of the script are ok, i'm going to do a little test of all the new functionalities.
First a little problem: the transport commands wouldn't work at all. They hanged.
But this could be fixed with the 'deleted line' mentioned above.
Since then everything is ok.
The jog wheel was rewinding all the time, unless you moved it completely clockwise, I guess.

Still, the crash(es) N2NPro experiences may be worth reporting. REAPER should still be stable enough to handle large series of such messages elegantly (i.e. without crashing), even though they're stupid and redundant.
Quote:
As N2N said, the jog/shuttle is really a pleasure to work with. It's perfect.
Just needs a little tweaking to get the right speed for my own needs. But... hooray ! for that
Yeah, I can imagine. See some instructions for further tweaking above.

The only *minor* problem I can see now, is that when the playback cursor is 'off the grid', you can't get back to the start using the jog/shuttle (as the actions we now use move by full beats/measures, and refuse to move if there isn't enough space/time to complete the move). But then you can just hit 'rewind', of course.
Quote:
Wonderful Display too with its 8 nicely colored potentiometers.
Glad you like it. They were all red until the very last minute before I uploaded v0.90, when I quickly added the 'rainbow colors' (i.e. every knob has its own color, panned across the spectrum).
Quote:
Let's try the 3 modes, now. That's to say 1.Mixer 2.Receives 3.Sends. Is that right?
Actually, mode 1.Mixer is ok for me, but with mode 2. & 3. 'Receives & sends' i see no action performed on the SM replicated in reaper.
Maybe i'm still confused with how to get 'Receives & sends' work in reaper, since they're correctly displayed on the oscii monitor.
Almost right: all modes are for the mixer; think of mode 1 as "tracks" (all 8 tracks in the current bank), while 2 / 3 affect only one track, the last selected one (NB: in some cases this track may be *outside* the current track bank!).

As regards what to look for: first off, mode 2/3 only do something useful/noticeable if you actually *have* sends and/or receives on the (last) selected track. So for testing, set up a bunch of sends between a bunch of tracks. (For testing, every track should ideally have both a few sends and receives, so you'd always see *something* whatever mode you're in - but that would probably make an incredible mess of your routings. So be careful! Maybe first test with only tracks without audio items or plug-in instruments.

Second, you can only see the settings for receives in the I/O window, for only one track at a time. Yeah, that sucks. Which is why it may be a good idea to show that stuff on a GUI in OSCII-bot.

Third, you may have to adjust the Mixer Control settings in order to see receives there; they share space with the effect slots, and need the setting "Show sends when size permits" enabled.
Quote:
This is probably related to the actions performed on the computer keyboard that are still too new to me to be totally easy to use...
I'm also disturbed by the fact that the focus must be put on the oscii-bot to make these functions active. Couldn't this be made more simple later?
The modes should work the same regardless of focus.

And for the focus issue: N2NPro and I already discussed that a bit above. Some functions can probably be replicated in REAPER quite simply and elegantly; for others we may have to look for some workaround.
Quote:
Currently, when i use mode 3. i get the parameters values of the VSTs (FX or VSti) selected in reaper.
You should get the exact same control over plug-in parameters, regardless of selected mode 1/2/3. The mode (currently) only affects pan and volume controls (if everything works as planned).
Quote:
This feature is really great since we have not only the parameters names but also the presets names and even the place in the VST chain of a track displayed. Great job.
Thanks. There are also keyboard shortcuts for switching presets: "-" and "+" ("=" also counts as "+" so you don't have to press SHIFT ).

Can't find any actions for *saving* current settings as a preset, though...

Now try the track layout thing with SHIFT+"b"!

(Also try "o" and SHIFT+"o"...)
Quote:
I just noticed though, that the presets names don't appear if DX FX are used. I didn't try with JS yet.
Oh, that's good to know. I don't see any DX on OS X of course, but I'll also test a bit with AU's, ReWire and so on.

JS effects seems to work as expected here, anyway.

Last edited by Banned; 05-19-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #234
Banned

Re: master track volume fader losing feedback: it's still the very same issue as we had found before. The best we can now do to avoid that bug is to use this setting (in the .ReaperOSC config file):

Code:
DEVICE_TRACK_FOLLOWS DEVICE
... and then maybe hack (optional) "follow last touched track" behavior into the script indirectly, by looking at OSC messages mentioning the track number for last touched track, then automatically selecting that track.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #235
jico27

Hi Banned,

More practise has helped me to have a better approach, correct some mistakes of manipulation and precise what is working for me and what is not. So my last message may appear to be incorrect in some aspects. Please just forget it.
Now :
- Mode Mixer is ok (faders/pans/select/mute/solo)
- Modes Receives and Sends are great too.
If i understand well, the 'sends' mode allows controlling 8 sends per selected track (volume+pan). This is incredibly handy!
Personnally i would like to have all this visible on the monitor, but it is already possible in reaper. And above all, what i would like to see in the monitor is which of the three modes i'm in!

Now the display of the FX:
- As i said before it's great.
parameters names/presets names/place in the VST chain/switching between Bank FX parameters (button 4500)/navigation through the plugs with the up/down arrow keys of the computer keyboard/navigation through the tracks with the left/right arrow keys.
Everything is much appreciated!
- If I understood well, we have to press SHIFT+O to activate these functions. But doing so, i sometimes put the focus on the log window instead of the oscii monitor. So finally, i use the mouse. What can i do to focus on the monitor itself?
- Note that DX(i)/DX FX don't display their names. Same for JS. It's a pity, but personally, i don't really care about it.
- Now if i may dare one suggestion (i don't know if it is possible or even useful. But giving more versatility to this console is guiding my remark): maybe we could use button 4500 for another purpose than Bank parameters FX and do the same action with a keyboard key for example (+/-)? This could leave 4500 and its incrementations free for something else.

Please let me know if any of my suggestions is possible.
And again, thank you for the 'big gift' that this new version is!

P.S.
Just to make sure i've understood correctly the functioning of the sends mode:
Let's say i have 8 sends on track 1 towards the tracks 17 to 24 and that i want to set every send individually.
I switch to mode 3, then i focus on the oscii monitor, using left/right arrows to go to track 1.
The oscii-bot monitor is now displaying the track 1 FX, if track 1 has some.
But from now on, the 8 faders of the SM correspond to my 8 sends and i can set them manually.
Is this the right functioning?

Last edited by jico27; 05-20-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #236
Banned

Quote:
Personnally i would like to have all this visible on the monitor, but it is already possible in reaper. And above all, what i would like to see in the monitor is which of the three modes i'm in!
Yeah, already on the to-do list.
Quote:
- If I understood well, we have to press SHIFT+O to activate these functions.
No, those functions should all work regardless of that.

SHIFT+O toggles the behavior for automatically opening/closing selected plug-in UI window. (Note that you can also change "fx_ui_follow = 0;" in the script to "fx_ui_follow = 1;" to change the default setting, if you find yourself using it all the time.)

(And plain "o" (no SHIFT) toggles the selected plug-in window display.)

SHIFT-B toggles another (hopefully useful) feature. But you'll have to change the track layout #5 first, as instructed above. You're already using the SWS extension, right?
Quote:
But doing so, i sometimes put the focus on the log window instead of the oscii monitor. So finally, i use the mouse. What can i do to focus on the monitor itself?
Using ALT+TAB to switch focus between script UI and REAPER, instead of the mouse, I guess?
Quote:
- Note that DX(i)/DX FX don't display their names. Same for JS. It's a pity, but personally, i don't really care about it.
Probably something to do with formatting differences between effect types, and the script only looking for one specific pattern. Should be easy to fix.
Quote:
- Now if i may dare one suggestion (i don't know if it is possible or even useful. But giving more versatility to this console is guiding my remark): maybe we could use button 4500 for another purpose than Bank parameters FX and do the same action with a keyboard key for example (+/-)? This could leave 4500 and its incrementations free for something else.
Sure, that's possible. But, given the need to have focus on the script's GUI window for keyboard input to work, I don't think it would be a good idea to rely on keyboard shortcuts exclusively for switching banks.

As already discussed above a bit, I'm not perfectly happy with the current design either, so let's just keep discussing it for a bit. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #237
jico27

Quote:
Yeah, already on the to-do list.
Great!

Quote:
SHIFT+O toggles the behavior for automatically opening/closing selected plug-in UI window. (Note that you can also change "fx_ui_follow = 0;" in the script to "fx_ui_follow = 1;" to change the default setting, if you find yourself using it all the time.)
(And plain "o" (no SHIFT) toggles the selected plug-in window display.)
Thanks. It's really clearing things for me.

Quote:
SHIFT-B toggles another (hopefully useful) feature. But you'll have to change the track layout #5 first, as instructed above. You're already using the SWS extension, right?
Yes, i'm already using the SWS ext. But what's the exact purpose of B & SHIFT+B?

Quote:
Using ALT+TAB to switch focus between script UI and REAPER, instead of the mouse, I guess?
Yes. That's right. Using ALT+TAB to focus on script UI doesn't focus on the monitor itself. This is why i have to use the mouse to switch from the script UI to the monitor. So this is not very handy.

Thank you for the #3 options in the script concerning the custom cmd ids for 5001 &5002, which are just perfect!
Also thank you for the the Internal/MMC SM button that now allows to toggle from 'track sel' to 'rec arm'. Very useful for me indeed.

At last, was my understanding of the sends mode functioning ok in my last message, or is there an alternative or a better way to achieve these actions?

Now i'd like to talk about the receives mode that i don't use much, not perfectly understanding it's functioning too. I think i have to practise a bit more on it before asking for more explanations...

Last edited by jico27; 05-20-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 AM   #238
jico27

ok, i finally understood how to use the receives modes, which is exactly the same as the sends mode, actually, as you said above. So my understanding of the sends mode was ok too, i suppose. Except that, unfortunately, i can't use the left/right arrows of the keyboard to switch between tracks if the oscii monitor is not focused. And as i have to use the mouse to switch from script UI to the monitor, this is what was confusing me.
Is there something that i did wrong, or is it something that can be betterred?

Also, the +/- keys don't work for me to switch between the FX. I can only use up/down arrows for this purpose. Is it normal?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #239
Banned

Quote:
[...] was my understanding of the sends mode functioning ok in my last message, or is there an alternative or a better way to achieve these actions?
Quote:
Just to make sure i've understood correctly the functioning of the sends mode:
Let's say i have 8 sends on track 1 towards the tracks 17 to 24 and that i want to set every send individually.
I switch to mode 3, then i focus on the oscii monitor, using left/right arrows to go to track 1.
The oscii-bot monitor is now displaying the track 1 FX, if track 1 has some.
But from now on, the 8 faders of the SM correspond to my 8 sends and i can set them manually.
Is this the right functioning?
Yes, that's entirely correct.

I would only add, that it is not strictly necessary to use the script's keyboard shortcuts for left/right arrows to go to (and select!) track 1.

For example, with the setting "DEVICE_TRACK_FOLLOWS LAST_TOUCHED" you'd just click on another track to select it in REAPER to also make it 'selected' for the 'OSC device', so then it will switch to the receives/sends for that track. Then you can also set up keyboard shortcuts for the arrow keys on REAPER's end to select previous/next track in the same way: "Track: Go to previous track" / "Track: Go to next track" (Cmd ID 40285/40286) should do the trick, so you wouldn't need to have focus on the script's GUI window.

The current design/system is far from perfect, of course - so we should experiment and discuss our experiences and preferences a bit.

Perhaps, to prevent confusion, it would be better to use a modifier key for receives/sends, so you would not get 'stuck' in mode 2 or 3 - you'd snap back to 'regular' mode 1 as soon as you release the modifier key. Does that make sense?
Quote:
Yes, i'm already using the SWS ext. But what's the exact purpose of B & SHIFT+B?
SHIFT+B is an attempt to implement your FR to show the currently selected track bank in REAPER's mixer. Give it a try!

Also see the line "display_selected_track_bank = 0; // (0 = OFF; 1 = ON)" to change the default setting for this one. Note that this setting also automatically disables the track bank following REAPER's mixer ("DEVICE_TRACK_BANK_FOLLOWS MIXER" in .ReaperOSC), and switches it back on when you press SHIFT+B again. I haven't found a way to make these two compatible (which seems relatively difficult to do).

Your FR remains perfectly valid, though. As discussed before, we need something that is compatible with *all* currently possible uses of track colors / layouts. My attempt at this isn't, as it requires you to either use only the default track color and/or only the default (Mixer Panel) track layout (and then automatically change those for all tracks in the selected track bank to some non-default value).

Plain (lowercase) "b" triggers the SWS action: "SWS/AW: Set selected tracks pan mode to stereo balance. Also try "d" for dual pan, and "p": for stereo pan. (SHIFT+P flips polarity, btw.)

Another few: backspace toggles bypass on/off. But since I typically prefer using dry/wet to bypassing: "/", "'", and "\" set dry/wet balance to 0/50/100%. (The script also attempts to warn you when a plug-in is bypassed. However, that part doesn't yet seem to be working perfectly.)
Quote:
Yes. That's right. Using ALT+TAB to focus on script UI doesn't focus on the monitor itself. This is why i have to use the mouse to switch from the script UI to the monitor. So this is not very handy.
Quote:
ok, i finally understood how to use the receives modes, which is exactly the same as the sends mode, actually, as you said above. So my understanding of the sends mode was ok too, i suppose. Except that, unfortunately, i can't use the left/right arrows of the keyboard to switch between tracks if the oscii monitor is not focused. And as i have to use the mouse to switch from script UI to the monitor, this is what was confusing me.
Is there something that i did wrong, or is it something that can be betterred?
I don't think you did anything wrong; it may just be confusing, especially at first, and the design/system can definitely be improved.

But, just to be clear: when I start OSCII-bot or reload the script, the script's GUI window appears on *top* of OSCII-bot's main ("console") window. So as long as I only use ALT+TAB (CMD+TAB in my case, on OS X), the focus stays on either some window in REAPER, or the script's GUI.

Is this behavior perhaps different on Windows?
Quote:
Also, the +/- keys don't work for me to switch between the FX. I can only use up/down arrows for this purpose. Is it normal?
Yes. The -/+ keys change effect *presets,* not effect slot number.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #240
jico27

SHIFT+B...
Oh my god! So you did it!
It was just before my eyes and i couldn't even see it!
I knew all this was too much for me at the same time! LOL
Your magic is so powerful, Banned!

How can i be such a noob, just when testing?

ok i get it now!
DEVICE_TRACK_FOLLOWS LAST_TOUCHED allowing the OSC device to switch to the receives/sends for that track...
the sws actions applied to the arrow keys to avoid focusing every second on the GUI...
this nice attempt to fulfill my FR...
these different pan modes triggered by "b"... incredible!
bypass triggered by backspace...
the +/- to switch between presets...
A huge amount of goodies for this new version.
More practise will still be on the program tomorrow!
And so many things to discuss about in the next future. But this will already completely satisfy me for the moment, i suppose.
Thanks again for all this and for your kind answers when my eyes are half closed!
...And yes Windows seems to behave differently from Mac OS. In my case, i had to focus manually on the GUI everytime a new FX window was opened or closed, for example. I don't know if N2N has experimented the same thing, but this can explain my confusion...