Old 10-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #2001
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo Oliver View Post
Hi, i don't know if this is the best place or if i should report the crashing in the Reaper Bug Reports.

I use a lot the function Cosolidate Selection (SWS/AW), but every time i do it in a empty region, Reaper quit. (I'm on a Mac)

Best regards,

Teo
Fixed for the next build, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
On the last sws, the padre's LFO doesn't work well. Frequency quantization doesn't fit well with the BMP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzw4ak49jt...rator.gif?dl=0
Can't duplicate here... Can you attach this project please?
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #2002
ovnis
Human being with feelings

The issue occurs when tempo marker is different than project tempo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ichriecxn...ator2.gif?dl=0

Last edited by ovnis; 10-04-2015 at 08:07 AM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #2003
Teo Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Fixed for the next build, thanks!

Can't duplicate here... Can you attach this project please?

Thanks Man!

Last edited by Teo Oliver; 10-02-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: O mean for the Consolidate problem...=)
Teo Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:49 PM   #2004
mlprod

Would be awesome if we can get the UTF-8 support that was just implemented in Reaper 5.05pre3! So that source file delete works with special characters...

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=167475

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=167008
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #2005
Amberience

In reference to this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=167573

There is an action called 'Auto-Rename Selected Takes' which is what I have been using to rename my batches of files.

There is also 'Rename takes and source files...' which works, but on a per-file basis.

What would do it is if there was a 'Auto-Rename Takes and Source Files' action - which did exactly the same as 'Auto-Rename Selected Takes' but on the take items *AND* the source files.

I could really do with this, it would save me tons of time. Thoughts?
Amberience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #2006
EpicSounds

In an update soon can we get a border around the color picker on the Auto-color/icon?

Can you see where the button is?
Old 10-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #2007
mehmethan

REQUEST :
Dear Developers,

Please add an option for "Resources" Newly created bookmarks should create it's own folder in resources path.

This way accessing bookmarks and your templates will be a lot easier from TCP or media explorer like the Resources Window.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #2008
Teo Oliver

Default Consolidate still Crashing Reaper

Consolidate Selection (SWS/AW) still crashing Reaper, specialy when the region has CrossFades. (I'm in 5.04 on a Mac)
Teo Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #2009
amagalma

Reaper 5.04, SWS 2.8.1 Build #0

Breeder's "Move closest measure grid line to mouse cursor (perform until shortcut released" creates unwanted stretch markers!

amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:53 AM   #2010
TheWhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Heh, I guess that's the problem with open source, donation-ware and similar ventures...it's so readily available that people forget there are other people behind those projects who invest their time and knowledge. These days I always try and donate if I can.
Sadly true. If it is there, one just takes it.

Quote:
Donations on main SWS page are used to cover website expenses - I have really no idea how it works to be honest. I only accept donations through my sig
That is/was kind of intransparent to me. Whom shall I donate to?
I donated to SWS, until you told me that you don´t get any money from them, I did not know that!
Are there any others involved (who´s code I use) that deserve a donation?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:33 AM   #2011
musicbynumbers

Glad you mentioned that. I'm hoping it's an easy fix as although it's useful with normal tempo markers, it's not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post

Breeder's "Move closest measure grid line to mouse cursor (perform until shortcut released" creates unwanted stretch markers!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #2012
Tod

Default No way to align the slots in Resources?

There seems to be no way to manage or align the slots in Resources.

They just seem to go haphazardly and there is no way to organize them that I can find.

This is a great addition to the SWS actions but it would be much better if we could organize the order of the slots.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:57 AM   #2013
Breeder

Quote:

Search the action list for
Code:
SWS/BR: Options - Automatically insert stretch markers when inserting tempo markers with SWS actions
and turn it off
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:03 AM   #2014
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
Sadly true. If it is there, one just takes it.

That is/was kind of intransparent to me. Whom shall I donate to?
I donated to SWS, until you told me that you don´t get any money from them, I did not know that!
Are there any others involved (who´s code I use) that deserve a donation?
It seems that all donations still go to Tim's paypal, but he hasn't been active for a while. But then again, SWS is his baby and he did contribute A LOT (lets just say there wouldn't be SWS without Tim) - not to mention that a lot of his code still gets reused for almost every new contribution - he practically set the standard for the rest of us. So yeah, you aren't doing anything wrong by donating trough main page
Rest of us just put out donation links in case people want to show appreciation.

Jeffos (SWS/S&M) had donation link in his dialogs, but I can't find it anymore? I guess he got a better job or something (after all, he works for Cockos now) so he removed it
edit: it seems it's still alive and well...you can donate to Jeffos personally here

Wol (SWS/wol) also has a link in his signature.

Xenakios (Xenakios/SWS) doesn't actively participate in SWS anymore, but you can always donate through his blog if you use his stuff.

Adam (SWS/AW), Fingers (SWS/FNG), Padre (SWS/PADRE) and IXix (SWS/IX) also contributed a lot, but I didn't see any way to donate to them.

Of those four, it seems only IXix has been active on the forum lately. And he has contributed SO MUCH over the years outside SWS (just go and have a look at JS forum or simply look at all of his JS effects that come pre-installed with REAPER) - he definitely deserves some kind of thank you! He should put some kind of donation link in his signature too

IMHO, main web site donations should offer you the choice to support any of these people. Who knows, maybe it could attract more contributors (because SWS is so exposed unlike other contributions for which you have to search the forums)...and we need new contributors desperately (I'm mostly using Cubase these days, Jeffos is busy at Cockos and rest of the guys just stopped contributing)

One example that comes to mind...
I don't know if any of you remember, but user Araud created the extension for guitar tabs in REAPER. You can find it here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=78938
I don't know the real reason why he stopped updating it, but it felt like he didn't receive nearly enough donations to keep him motivated to develop if further. Who knows how many geniuses hide in REAPER crowd that may be motivated to help out if we could somehow push them to the front lines so they get proper support from the community.

Last edited by Breeder; 11-02-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:16 AM   #2015
jiff 41

Quote:

and turn it off
Yeh but how?,, Sorry I missed this lesson?
Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #2016
amagalma

Quote:
Code:
SWS/BR: Options - Automatically insert stretch markers when inserting tempo markers with SWS actions
and turn it off
Thank you!

What would be the use of such a setting?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:11 AM   #2017
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff 41 View Post
Yeh but how?,, Sorry I missed this lesson?
Just open the action list, paste name of the action in the filter and double click the action to toggle option's state. There should be another column in action list that tells you toggle state of each action.

Quote:
Thank you!

What would be the use of such a setting?
No idea really - Cockos implemented beats timebase for stretch markers so I just added the option to complement that behavior.

I guess you could use it to manually humanize audio using grid warp?

P.S.
In your gif, stretch markers get created when item/track timebase is set to time. I should have a look to make sure stretch markers get created only in items whose effective timebase is beats.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #2018
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo Oliver View Post
Consolidate Selection (SWS/AW) still crashing Reaper, specialy when the region has CrossFades. (I'm in 5.04 on a Mac)
Yeah, the new version v2.8.2 (with the fix) wasn't released yet. Coming soon, this week hopefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
The issue occurs when tempo marker is different than project tempo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ichriecxn...ator2.gif?dl=0
AFAICT, Padre's tool just doesn't support tempo markers. It's more like a FR, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
REQUEST :
Dear Developers,

Please add an option for "Resources" Newly created bookmarks should create it's own folder in resources path.

This way accessing bookmarks and your templates will be a lot easier from TCP or media explorer like the Resources Window.
Right-click the auto-save button > Set auto-save directory...
Old 11-02-2015, 03:51 AM   #2019
Jeffos
Mortal

Some words about donations...

First, I'd like to thank all our donators!

Then, I'd like to clarify that 1) the project is maintained and 2) donations made via the "Donate" button on the SWS website really go into a *common* wallet. For credit card binding reasons, this paypal account belongs to Tim ("sws") but the money doesn't go in his personal wallet! Or in any other member's pocket BTW!

This money is used for common needs of the project: wesite hosting costs (e.g. the new sws-extension.org is online, but not fully tied to the code yet) and, even if we haven't finalized the fine details together (Tim, Geoff and I) yet, I think I can announce we'll "hire" Geoffrey Francis for an update of the user guide with the rest of the money.

Make sure there's no money made out this project.
The overall amount of donations is totally ridiculous vs the efforts invested by its members, BTW. In general, I don't think one should expect anything from donations (open-source or not).

Anyway, I thought to some "systems" to share donations but that would be complicated... Any system I could think of would only be wrong, and argument-prone. In the SWS case, I think the best way to deal with it is either to remove the donate button, or to reinvest everything in the project. We're doing the latter ATM. Each member can then offer his personal donation link, of course.

Oh! And persoannly, I still have a persnal donation link, but the real reason I removed it is that only a couple of users were using it Literaly.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #2020
Thor

Default Two SWS snapshots with the same number.

Hi all.

I am using sws snapshots for a project and have a strange issue. I have two snapshots numbered 3. If I delete one of them the rest of the snapshots are renumbered so there are still two number 3, so I can see no way of getting rid of the problem or solving it by doing a copy paste operation.

The snapshots recall as normal otherwise, this is only a problem since I am recalling them using actions and then need to use the index number.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Best
Thor
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #2021
Breeder

Quote:
Then, I'd like to clarify that 1) the project is maintained and
I didn't want to spread the panic, but the fact is most people who contributed, don't do it anymore. It's also the fact that you're mostly the only one fixing things lately
It would be so nice get more people to contribute. But then again, it feels to me like the future of REAPER 3rd party add-ons is in scripts...

People with C skills, time and ideas...if you're reading this - please don't hesitate to contribute whatever you like!

Quote:
I think I can announce we'll "hire" Geoffrey Francis for an update of the user guide with the rest of the money.
This is awesome news! I hope it all goes to plan!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:14 PM   #2022
tack

Quote:
2) donations made via the "Donate" button on the SWS website really go into a *common* wallet.
What donate button?

Today I got the "new version" notice, thought to myself "right, I really need to give these guys money," went to the website, and I couldn't actually find how to send money.

Hm. I see it now. The Paypal image is broken -- http://sws.mj-s.com/images/donate.jpg is returning a 404 -- and Firefox renders the image alt text ("PayPal") in black, on a slightly less dark background. I completely missed it.

Might want to fix that up to improve your donations, especially on the heels of a new release which surely is the most likely time people will be inclined to donate (if nothing else to serve as a reminder, as it did for me).

Thanks so much for SWS! (Donated once I figured it out )
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 AM   #2023
Jeffos
Mortal

Probably because the website has moved to http://www.sws-extension.org (you should have been redirected though...).
Old 11-04-2015, 02:12 AM   #2024
mpl

Same problem with http://www.sws-extension.org (image is broken, but link works).

And +1 to separating donations to common and personally on main SWS page.

I agree with Breeder, scripts is future of Reaper, because it take way less time to understanding / writing almost any kind of stuff. I dream of collaboration of reascripters (spk77, X-Raym, Heda, Breeder, me, etc). This could be awesome project and bring another understanding of REAPER usability to regular users.

Last edited by mpl; 11-04-2015 at 02:23 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:34 AM   #2025
Sju

Hello!

Would it be possible to improve the "startup action" function, so you could use it to run several actions? I'd like to run both Heda's automatic record mode script and a screenset action at startup, but currently I can only choose one of them.

Thanks
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 AM   #2026
mpl

You can add custom action as startup action.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #2027
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
Hello!

Would it be possible to improve the "startup action" function, so you could use it to run several actions? I'd like to run both Heda's automatic record mode script and a screenset action at startup, but currently I can only choose one of them.

Thanks
or even a sws "cycle action" too which are quite a powerful upgrade on standard custom actions
Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #2028
Twangothan

SWS is great but I cannot get the latest version to be recognised! The file is in the plugins folder,I have run the installer which fires up the Mac's Terminal....what else do I need to do?
Twangothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #2029
EpicSounds

open the installer package. Take reaper_sws_extension.dylib and put it in

Macintosh HD > Users > [YOUR NAME] > Library > Application Support > REAPER > UserPlugins
Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #2030
Argitoth

cannot build SWS due to Reascript.cpp and varag.h errors: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qTJDsJQy

Last edited by Argitoth; 11-12-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Argitoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:29 AM   #2031
Twangothan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
open the installer package. Take reaper_sws_extension.dylib and put it in

Macintosh HD > Users > [YOUR NAME] > Library > Application Support > REAPER > UserPlugins
Brilliant thanks Epic - I was putting it in my other plugins folder and it wasn't seeing it for some reason.
Twangothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #2032
kenz

Quote:
It would be so nice get more people to contribute. But then again, it feels to me like the future of REAPER 3rd party add-ons is in scripts...

People with C skills, time and ideas...if you're reading this - please don't hesitate to contribute whatever you like!
My main gripe with that compared to scripts is the compilation stage; I hate setting up stuff and the nightmare dependencies/libs/whatever, I just want it to work out of the box, and scripts are super simple in this regard.

Keep in mind I don't know a single thing about the Reaper SDK so I may be off track completely (I do know C though, but I mostly used it for personal things where at least I had my own 'conventions' of dealing with this; e.g always using only LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress to avoid the stupid lib linking crap).

So if I wanted to contribute a few APIs for scripters where would I start? (I would want to add API to get the mouse coordinates on the screen for the TrackCtl_SetToolTip function, and maybe improve some FX handling APIs...).

I'm aware I may not need to compile it but that means I also can't test it and unfortunately I don't even use Visual Studio so perhaps I'm out of this league heh (only MinGW on windows and GCC/TCC on Linux)
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #2033
EvilDragon

Scripts will invariably have some performance overheads over properly optimized and compiled C code, though...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #2034
kenz

That's true, but most of my scripts (personal use atm) do few calculations themselves, the gist of it is in calling many Reaper APIs (which won't be faster in C I guess). There's some limitations to EEL itself (and Lua I suppose too) that really get to me, like everything being a double really annoys me, unable to use integers as types... Other thing is unable to get the exponent of a double directly, having to use log() and converting to base2 which is much slower and inelegant.

Don't get me wrong I like C a lot but I mostly used it for personal things in the past and now (some people may find it weird but to each his own); only thing I hate about it and any other compiled language is the build process (compiling/linking/whatever) especially in larger projects (read: I downloaded open source big projects and added my own touches ) solving the hellish build dependencies and libs. Personally I don't understand why people can't just use GetProcAddress (or similar on other platforms) and be done with this hell (and only one file has to be modified for each platform when it loads the functions), so I'm somewhat traumatized when downloading other people's code! I'm hoping I'm wrong in this case though. Anyway rant-mode off!

I also really hate Python (syntax and the runtime bloat) which is the reason I never used ReaScript until they added EEL support
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #2035
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post
only thing I hate about it and any other compiled language is the build process
Right there with you. I'm a coder who has always used interpreted languages (Java, etc) because i find the compiled stuff pretty repellent, and thus have never seriously considered making plugins for reaper or VSTs in C/C++. I'm not a fan of C++, really, but it's not at all the language that scares me off, it's all the other b.s. (which i call b.s. just because i'm ignorant about it and it scares me.)

It'd be amazing if someone could whip up a quick wiki page on "here's the basics of what you need to do if you're a coder who doesn't know the guts of compiled languages but want to make extensions for reaper". You know, "get this free IDE, download these libraries, set up your build environment like this, here's a simple hello-world plugin, here's how you build it for windows/mac/etc., and here's a couple gotchas that might bite you."

I can't claim "that would do a lot to encourage people to make extensions" because i don't really know how many people are in that boat, but it seems like it'd help. (Or maybe the page already exists and i just never found it.)

This guy's first 10 or 15 videos seem like they might cover some of the same info.

Besides being in a "real" language, what does the C API offer that the EEL/Lua interface doesn't?
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #2036
planetnine

I'd like to help, but I'm a bit stuffed for time ATM. My knowledge of C programming is ancient though, I guess I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me.

>
Old 11-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #2037
Argitoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post
only thing I hate about it and any other compiled language is the build process (compiling/linking/whatever) especially in larger projects (read: I downloaded open source big projects and added my own touches ) solving the hellish build dependencies and libs. Personally I don't understand why people can't just use GetProcAddress (or similar on other platforms) and be done with this hell
whtat is "GetProcAddress" and how does it magically solve all building problems? No matter, I don't understand why the build process has to be such a problem in the first place. Seems like a blatant lack of organization and instruction, not a problem with the technology, but a problem with the user.

I'm still waiting for a response on my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post
cannot build SWS due to Reascript.cpp and varag.h errors: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qTJDsJQy
Also, if you guys want to make a c++ plugin, follow my thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=168348

I eventually want to put together a really convenient package that includes visual studio and xcode projects, you can build without any fuss, with 32bit, 64bit, debug, and release options.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #2038
Megagoth1702

Just wanted to thank for this amazing piece of software, it's an amazing addition to REAPER, I donated a few days ago.

I especially appreciate the EBU R128 stuff and I have a little request, here: Click!

It would be awesome if someone took a look at this.

Thank you so much for your work and keep it up!
Old 11-26-2015, 02:01 AM   #2039
Pashtor

Hi guys, simple question here. Does anybody know if I can open two tabs of media explorer simultaneously? Basically to dive into two sample folders just by changing the tab. Thanks
Old 11-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #2040
Gass n Klang

Default Region playlist: Audio crackles when jumping to a region

I now spent 40 hours with REAPER building my live-setup for my acapella groups as an FOH engineer. I wanna use one project per song and different regions for the song parts. I make my automations per region and wanna jump through the region during the song (My bands are not singing on click the whole time so I do that non-tempo based). Everything else works really great but now I got pale as clay: The audio crackles when switching regions. That does not happen, if I activate "smooth seek". But that feature - as great as it is - does not work for me because we've got no constant clicktrack running live.
Please tell me there is a solution for that problem. Otherwise I can't do a single show with my extremly flexible setup.
If anyone of the developers reads that: PLEASE guys make immediately smooth switching regions possible.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote