Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Kochab
Human being with feelings

Default Help building the SWS Extension - VS 2013

I have been following the wiki (https://github.com/Jeff0S/sws/wiki/B...-SWS-Extension) to try and build the SWS Extension but have run into some problems right off the bat.

First, I had to manually add the reaper_plugin_functions.h to the sws>reaper folder because it wasn't finding the file with the REAPER64_DIR environment variable I had set.

Code:
Error	1	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reaper_plugin_functions.h': No such file or directory

I did have Reaper generate this file and it is sitting in the path pointed to by REAPER64_DIR, VS just doesn't find it.

When I tried to build at that point, the first error was in reascript_vararg.h:
Code:
error C2059: syntax error : '<'
It's a C++ file that begins with a PHP style <?. Never seen this before. There also happens to be a reascript_vararg.php. At first glance, both files look the same. Did these files get mixed up?

I don't know what to do from here.

Last edited by Kochab; 05-19-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Kochab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
Kochab

It appears that when I first download the sws-master from github, this file is a normal C++ file. Only after trying to build the solution does it magically get re-written as a PHP file. If I try to copy paste the original contents of this file, it just get re-written to PHP on the next build.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #3
Kochab

Warning #27 when trying to build:
Code:
Warning	27	warning : DISABLING FUNCTION EXPORT TO LUA/EEL REASCRIPTS! Probable cause: 'reascript_vararg.php' couldn't generate 'reascript_vararg.h' (PHP installed?)
Does PHP need to be installed to build? If so, what kind of setup does it require and which version do I need, the 7.x or the 5.x?
Old 05-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
Kochab

I just hardcoded the reaper x64 path in "additional include directories" since the environment variable is not working for whatever reason. Still running into a wall with the PHP issue.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:26 PM   #5
Kochab

After removing reascript_vararg.php from the solution it built successfully.