Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #241
scotch
Human being with feelings

Still trying to get my "Output" button to select the Master track. Have had no luck. Changing the configuration file yields no results. Anyone else having this problem?

All other buttons are assigning correctly.
scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #242
Brado231

Don't set any value for this and it should work.....

ACTION_OUTPUT=
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:13 AM   #243
DutchDoctor

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've checked in on the progress of this project.
I started using XT a few months back, been relying on it heavily for transport and volume automation control - but I've always wanted to be able to control ANY automation lane I choose. Whether that's a send, or an FX parameter.

From what I've read from this page, it seems people have found they're able to use the fader to control VST knobs? Is this using the stock XT driver? Does the motor respond to VST automation?

Thanks again!
DutchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #244
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDoctor View Post

From what I've read from this page, it seems people have found they're able to use the fader to control VST knobs? Is this using the stock XT driver? Does the motor respond to VST automation?

Thanks again!
Please see 1st post/docs.
Yes, you can control any fx-knob.
The only things not available are sends vol/pan.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 AM   #245
DutchDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Please see 1st post/docs.
Yes, you can control any fx-knob.
The only things not available are sends vol/pan.
Oh thank you! Sorry for my ignorance.
Do you think sends control is a possibility at all, or just plain impossible?
DutchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #246
achase4u

Default Faderport not working in Reaper 64

That was dumb. For some reason I deleted those 64 bit files thats why. Ugh. Please ignore. Thanks for the great drivers!

Last edited by achase4u; 09-05-2016 at 07:39 PM.
achase4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #247
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDoctor View Post
Oh thank you! Sorry for my ignorance.
Do you think sends control is a possibility at all, or just plain impossible?
When I originally modified the code it wasn't possible. I've been away for a few months (and finally got to build a new machine as my old one died) and haven't kept up with the API updates.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #248
simonluca

Default Volume Fader Range v.s. Volume Envelope Range

Hello,
first I really want to thank Nimaj for his marvellous work. I essentially bought the device thanks to his work.

I'd like to ask one question and do a little proposal.

1) Question.
I usually set up the Volume Fader Range (under pref/track control panels) to +24dB for trimming purposes and Envelope Range to + 6dB for automated fine-tunings (if I need to push the volume more than that, I'd rather trim it). +12 and +24 are not precise enough (I mean graphically: in a couple of pixels you have +- 6db) if you need to dynamically fine-tune the volume by +- 1//2//3 dB.

My problem is that the faderport seems to use only the "Volume fader range" setting so it records with the +24dB rule even if the envelope rule is @ +6 (and of course if you go above +6dB the envelope lane is flattened to the maximum). My question is: is it possible to have the fadeport to work @ 24dB (Volume fader range setting) when we are just trimming the volume (automations on "off" state) and @+6 dB (Volume Envelope Range) when we are actually recording the automation? Is the option already there and I am missing it? To choose the +24b option also as Envelope Range is not an option also because it affects the item volume envelope range (which I use a lot) where I personally do extremely subtle volume changes, precision is vital.

2) Proposal
Is it possible to write a script to temporary disable the fader (only the fader)? If I'm working using only the buttons of the faderport, it happens that I accidentally brush against the fader (and it is extremely sensible) without noticing it and I mess things up.

Again, thank you and have a nice day/evening

SL
simonluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #249
cereboso

This is great, thanks so much The_Nimaj!
I just got my new FaderPort in and everything is working great.
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #250
dafish

Hey folks, first thanks to all who have worked pretty hard with the codes to get the Faderport up and running. I purchased one based on how this would work with Reaper.
Little background: I closed my studio a few years ago and semi retired but after two years away from music I had an itching to do a bit more production work. I converted my former studio to an apartment rental so I had to put together a room in my house. That meant I had to down scale my footprint from my former control room. I decided to go with Reaper as I had dabbled with it in the past and really loved it capabilities. I had been running Cubuendo and PT in my former studio and to be honest I was over it. Reaper has been pretty natural to use and was quite excited to learn it's functions.
So, since I had to down scale my former desk with full automation is to big for the room, and I REALLY needed a single motorized fader to write automation. I have installed the Faderport as per instructions. I am running a 2009 Mac pro tower with plenty of ram, have an Apogee Duet that has been working a treat as I am now only doing a few tracks at a time with high end outboard preamps mics etc. I am running 10.11 El Cap. I was using an older version of Reaper, 4.6 something or other. I downloaded the latest version to try before I purchase another license to see if it would solve the issue that I am having.
So, the issue is that I have is the unit is communicating with the software, all the buttons do what they are suppose to, however the motorized fader does not work or respond. I can write automation with it, but when I playback a track the fader is asleep and will not move and follow what has been written. I have checked the power supply and it seems fine. With out motorized recall this is a bit of a deal breaker for me. I am used to touch mode fine tuning and would like to continue with this practice. I also like to use it to automate volumes of effects as well. Also, the faders on the screen get a bit jittery but does not effect the sound. Does anybody have any idea where I can start to trouble shoot this problem? Kind of long winded but it is my first post on this forum.
Thanks again for any help.
dafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #251
cereboso

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish View Post
So, the issue is that I have is the unit is communicating with the software, all the buttons do what they are suppose to, however the motorized fader does not work or respond.
Does the fader ever move at all? Like when you select a track and move the track volume with your mouse, does the motorized fader follow?
My only suggestion would be to make sure that Read mode is on so that it will follow the automation during playback.
If it doesn't ever move at all, it might just be broken or maybe you need a new power supply?
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #252
dafish

Thanks for the chime, but the answer is no.Does not follow in read mode, nor does it respond when I switch to other tracks. It should bounce to a static position if I wrote the automation but had no volume movement at all. I tested the ps and it shows 9 volts so I don't think it's the supply. I am also experiencing my system going into safe mode after I walk away from a project for a rest and computer goes into sleep mode. It only does it with Reaper.
I was using a 2006 mac pro tower with 10.6 and an older version of Reaper 4.611 64 and it was flawless. However there were some other software I wanted to run such as MPC Element that would not support 10.6 so I upgraded. A little frustrated right now, but this is nothing new when it comes to putting together a system that works for an individual. I know sooner or later I will sort this out with a bit of help and I can get back to making music
Old 10-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #253
karbomusic

Quote:
I can write automation with it, but when I playback a track the fader is asleep and will not move and follow what has been written.
Do you know which Faderport firmware you have, not the reaper driver but the actual firmware. I ask because 1.3.5 has general issues with Faders for some clients. 1.3.8 fixes that particular issue.

Also, make sure the wall wart is plugged in, that's what powers the fader.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #254
dafish

Just came back to update and saw your message, and indeed it was a firmware update. I did some further reading and noticed that I had 1.3.5 and thought (wrongly) that because I had just purchased this that the firmware was up to date. Just uploaded the update and bingo! All is well. Once again, thanks to all those who are taking the time to write code and get things working with Reaper. I haven't really used it too much, but the more I dig in the more I love this program. I have a couple of mixed I am doing with just the Reaper plug ins and I must say, they are sounding pretty serious. I can't wait to explore the software and get to know all the ins and outs. Cheers everyone!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #255
karbomusic

Quote:
uploaded the update and bingo! All is well.
Excellent.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #256
dafish

Feeling a little slow in the brain, but I can't access the ini files to change the pan parameter. Using a Mac pro running El Cap. Everything is working on the faderport fine, but would like the pan to be used to automate the pan and not scroll. I go to options, show reaper resource path, user plug ins, and can go to the csurf dylib page, but can't do anything from there. Don't really know anything about coding so I am stuck. I do like the Faderport though, but not as much as a console
Old 12-17-2016, 02:06 AM   #257
mucknog

Quote:
... but I can't access the ini files to change the pan parameter...
check -> \REAPER\reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini
Old 12-17-2016, 02:12 AM   #258
mucknog

Default Problem with bridged plugins

Is it possible to control knobs of bridged (x86) plugins?
I switched to 64bit REAPER recently, and controlling native x64 plugins works fine, but I have a few Variety of Sound plugins which are only available as 32bit, and it seems that taking over the controls doesn't work with them.

UPDATE:
I'm sorry. I don't know what I did differently, but it suddenly seems to work. NM
Old 12-17-2016, 02:52 AM   #259
G-Sun

I was trying controlling a simple js volume knob
with local path (project/effects/)
and it was hard to get the correct parameter selected with the Faderport.
Anyone else having similar issues?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #260
mucknog

I have similar issues from time to time. One thing I discovered was that clicking another plugin in the same chain and then going back to the one that has problems helps.
But I'm not totally sure that this is a coding problem, because I have a pretty long USB cable which seems to be the root of some problems, too.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:48 AM   #261
Edwood

Hi, Will the new Faderport 8 Work with this? Thank you
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #262
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Hi, Will the new Faderport 8 Work with this? Thank you
I actually have no idea. I'm assuming either a little, barely or not at all but I don't have the FP8 so I really don't know.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:06 AM   #263
mucknog

My custom actions changed their IDs after the last update.
This is nothing new, I usually dump the action lists to get the new IDs and then update the "reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini".
This doesn't work anymore because the dump script has changed and doesn't write the ID numbers.
What can I do to get the IDs?
Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #264
Yabster

I love to see this getting adapted for the new Faderport 8, the std. MCU is quite limited...
Yabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #265
mucknog

Bump!
Is there no one with the same problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucknog View Post
This is nothing new, I usually dump the action lists to get the new IDs and then update the "reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini".
This doesn't work anymore because the dump script has changed and doesn't write the ID numbers.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:15 AM   #266
mucknog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucknog View Post
Would someone please throw me a bone...
Bump
Old 01-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #267
The_Nimaj

Well, you can right click and just copy the action ID...unless you have quite a few.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 PM   #268
mucknog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
Well, you can right click and just copy the action ID...unless you have quite a few.
Thank you for the reply, Nimaj. I already know you can copy the command ID, the problem is, that it is a long hex code (_6414a0c366afd04b99beb6b914aa4944) for custom actions. This doesn't help because you need a integer-like number. Before the update, one could extract that number by dumping the action list into a text file. This doesn't work any more.

Last edited by mucknog; 02-01-2017 at 06:47 AM.
mucknog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #269
J Riley Hill

Default Faderport XT driver on osx

Just bought a faderport the other week. Your driver is fantastic! Makes the other implementations (like hui emulation for pro tools and logic :P) look pathetic. Awesome work!
J Riley Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #270
JonWanez

Default FD1 or FD8

So does the faderport 8 function at all?
Is the proposed updates that everyone is talking about going to increase the 8's functionality?

I want to buy one or the other but I would like to buy the correct one?

Thank you
JonWanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #271
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWanez View Post
So does the faderport 8 function at all?
Is the proposed updates that everyone is talking about going to increase the 8's functionality?

I want to buy one or the other but I would like to buy the correct one?

Thank you
I wouldn't imagine the FP8 would work with this driver. There's no telling what changes there are and the driver is only set up with a single fader in mind. Additionally I don't own one so unless I can get my hands on one (or someone else does it) this driver will not work.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #272
andivax

sorry sor stupid question but I can't find any setup for Channel Next parameter.
I have added ACTION_CH_NEXT (in reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini_ and it works!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #273
explodingPSYCH

I love how fast/snappy the panning through tracks feels. I'd love to either be able to scroll the cursor through grid divisions at the same speed, either with the pan wheel or with the FFW/RWD... or even with a separate controller if anyone has a suggestion.
explodingPSYCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #274
andivax

Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingPSYCH View Post
I love how fast/snappy the panning through tracks feels. I'd love to either be able to scroll the cursor through grid divisions at the same speed, either with the pan wheel or with the FFW/RWD... or even with a separate controller if anyone has a suggestion.
It is impossible (
Old 03-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #275
explodingPSYCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
It is impossible (
Even with a scroll wheel hardware controller? Seems like that would be at least one of the points of a wheel controller.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 AM   #276
planetnine

I use a Contour Shuttle Pro2 for jogging and shuttling through tracks...

>
Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #277
Edwood

I sent my FaderPort 8 Back. Couldn't get it to work.Eddie
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #278
explodingPSYCH

the "undo" button on the faderport doesn't work. Is there an easy way for me to get Undo/Redo working on the faderport as labeled?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #279
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingPSYCH View Post
the "undo" button on the faderport doesn't work. Is there an easy way for me to get Undo/Redo working on the faderport as labeled?
Dunno, are you using the FaderportXT extension or the built in default support? Are you using the original Faderport or the Faderport 8? If you aren't using the XT and are using the original Faderport then check out the very first post.

If you are using Faderport 8, FaderportXT won't work.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #280
explodingPSYCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Dunno, are you using the FaderportXT extension or the built in default support? Are you using the original Faderport or the Faderport 8? If you aren't using the XT and are using the original Faderport then check out the very first post.

If you are using Faderport 8, FaderportXT won't work.
I'm using the Faderport (not 8) with the with the XT extension. I was thinking maybe something about the extension has the undo/redo feature disable accidentally?