Old 06-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #1001
Pet
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
...Could "calculate transient guides" be added as an action under Item -> Transients...
I agree, it should be there. There's REAPER v5.5 coming soon with a lot to change and decide what to add to the ReaMenus. I'll add that to this ReaMenus update.

For the time being, you can add it manually:
It's in the default menus (under "Main item" and "Media item context"). In the menu/toolbar window drag the submenu from the right side (the defaults) to the left (ReaMenus). Be aware that "Save" doesn't save the ReaMenus, but the current menu.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:19 AM   #1002
Laurie Stearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet View Post
@JoelTheSuperior: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look at it!
HTH
[EDIT] Oh post #1000 in ReaMenus!
Hey, wow, well here's another thumbs up to the mod.
You know, (being an N++ user not new to dialogs & menus going over the res boundary -768p here), but for me though it's mainly a cosmetic thing - some like short skirts- others like long- but glad we have the choice!
And congrats on the 1000 posts!
Edit: Oh, flick back a page and use Pet's menuset. Sorry, missed that!
For anyone new:
Quote:
Save the menu set file to your computer.
Inside REAPER, go to Options->Customize Menus/toolbars...
Click Export->Export ALL menus/toolbars to ReaperMenuSet... and save your default set.
Click Import. Open ReaMenus.ReaperMenuSet. (Don't worry if REAPER appears to freeze on older machines. Give it time, and your new menus will be imported properly!)
@Pet:
Just curious on the CTRL-D for delete selection in main window. There's nothing in the edit menu for that yet in the item menu under Clipboard we have CTRL-D=Duplicate. According to the shortcuts PDF CTRL-D is actually delete selection. Is that repairable?
Also was there anything to add for the most recent SWS (3/2017). The extensions menu item doesn't appear to be picked up at all. Thanks for your efforts and the mod!

Last edited by Laurie Stearn; 07-13-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Laurie Stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #1003
Pet

Some quick answers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie Stearn View Post
According to the shortcuts PDF CTRL-D is actually delete selection. Is that repairable?
This document is from 2008(!) and I guess totally outdated (TL/DR). But in REAPER you can go to help => "Key bindings and mouse modifiers" or "Shift+F1". Or look in the actions window.
The actual shortcut CTRL+D is "Dublicate items".

Quote:
The extensions menu item doesn't appear to be picked up at all.
Mikestopcontinues, who "invented" and developed the ReaMenus, placed the SWS actions all over the menus to have them at more suitable places. The Extensions menu therefore is renamed and used for stored snapshots and settings.

[EDIT]: if you tick "Include default menu as submenu" in the Customize menus/toolbars window, you get the default menus at the bottom of the ReaMenus.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #1004
Laurie Stearn

Quote:
Some quick answers:
if you tick "Include default menu as submenu" in the Customize menus/toolbars window, you get the default menus at the bottom of the ReaMenus.
@Pet: Thanks for the response. However from what I see the Extensions menu is at root, It's not available at all with ReaMenus.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 AM   #1005
StuhRAH

Pitch bend range doesn't appear to be in the right click item context menu?
StuhRAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #1006
Pet

Hi Laurie,
Quote:
...However from what I see the Extensions menu is at root, It's not available at all with ReaMenus.
Sorry for the late answer, it should look like this:

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by Pet; 08-15-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: linked screenshot changed to smaller size
Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #1007
Laurie Stearn

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. For the nine SWS options in the default menu, do all the corresponding Reamenu entries have an SWS prefix or placement somewhere in the menu text?
Take for example "Enable Auto Track Icon" in the default. There's a dialog in Tracks/Icons and Tracks/Color but there is no SWS anywhere- or have I missed it again?
Old 08-27-2017, 04:25 AM   #1008
Pet

Ah, I guess I slowly understand, what you mean!
Quote:
...do all the corresponding Reamenu entries have an SWS prefix or placement somewhere in the menu text?
No, cause they are treated as normal actions/functions like all others and normally it's not necessary to know, if it is a SWS or native action. Adding a "SWS"-prefix to every SWS related action would make it IMHO harder to read and would make the menu-entries longer. One of the main goals of "mikestopcontinues" was to keep them as short and clear as possible.

Quote:
... There's a dialog in Tracks/Icons and Tracks/Color but there is no SWS anywhere...
The only SWS prefix that I added in the ReaMenus is at "...SWS-color gradient"). There was a little confusion in the german forum about that gradient thingy and I added this prefix only to the gradient entries to give a hint that this is a SWS feature and that this gradient has first to be set in the color management window.

If you install the SWS-Extensions, there are some menu entries added with the "SWS" prefix, probably to clarify that this is a SWS feature (like: "SWS item color" or "SWS track color". A vanilla REAPER installation without SWS has no "SWS" in the menus at all of course. But for the ReaMenus (as written above) there's no need to know if it's a SWS or native action.

I hope that clarifies things a little.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #1009
Laurie Stearn

@Pet
I see- you've gone through it all and checked it out. Mighty complicated.
Thanks.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 AM   #1010
mucknog

+1
I was searching the forum about configuring context menus (insert new MIDI item) and stumbled across this.
Solves all my problems. Thanks!
mucknog is offline   Reply With Quote