Old 06-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
dodleraspoon
Human being with feelings

Default dodleraspoon

I'm having extreme difficulty accessing project files in an functional manner. Saved files are greyed out and inaccessible. Brand new ones as well as months old or older. I get an error message informing me that x amount of files are found in x amount of places, which are still there and the file names are still good but are non retrievable. When I playback what I actually can access I'm getting two separate project files playing at once obliterating any possibility of adding tracks. I'm at a complete loss as to WHY this is happening. Is it a Mac issue or a Reaper issue. I have some projects enabling as many as 12-14 tracks & some with only one or two. Nothing I found in the troubleshooting section of the Up & Running user guide addresses this situation. Any light that could be shed on this dilemma would be massively appreciated. My face is bloodied from pounding it against this brick.
dodleraspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
xpander

First thing that comes to my mind is that maybe you have moved some of the source files, so the project cannot find them anymore? Or maybe some of them have been eg. in removable media (external disk etc.) which is not accessible currently?

Open the Project Media/FX Bay from the View menu, select current project in Bay and open the Source Media tab. There you will see the path for all the media files used in the current project, maybe that will give you a hint?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #3
hopi

whenever you start a new project, it's a good idea to first thing do a Save As, and in that dialog check the boxes at the bottom to create a new directory for the project and also to copy all media into that project directory...

...and then to have something like a main folder, like C:\Reaper Projects
and do that Save As into there

that way you'll always have everything for each project together