Old 11-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
boydwgrossii
Human being with feelings

Default Issue with an FX track

I have this guitar track I am trying to route to another track for some delay work on the right side. The left guitar sends to the left guitar widener track and this works fine.

The issue is the right widener track. I have a right guitar that is going to a guitar widener r and it makes no sound. When I bypass the FX, the channel works, but when I put any FX on it, it doesn't.
boydwgrossii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
sjs94704

I say start by first making sure your sends are set up properly.
Then go to the track that you are having issues and simply disable ALL of the Fx in your Fx chain and be sure your getting a dry signal.

Then enable one Fx at a time until you have enabled ALL of them and there might be 'something' setting wise that is messing you up. By enabling one at a time you can at least narrow down which Fx might be causing the problem.

I have had this happen to me with my vocal tracks. As I enabled each Fx in my chain and got to one that made things stop working I was then able to look and narrow down the issue.

In my opinion it usually is some checkbox or some other setting that can sometimes be hard to uncover is even there that needs adjusting somehow.

Good Luck .........
Old 11-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
boydwgrossii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
I say start by first making sure your sends are set up properly.
Then go to the track that you are having issues and simply disable ALL of the Fx in your Fx chain and be sure your getting a dry signal.

Then enable one Fx at a time until you have enabled ALL of them and there might be 'something' setting wise that is messing you up. By enabling one at a time you can at least narrow down which Fx might be causing the problem.

I have had this happen to me with my vocal tracks. As I enabled each Fx in my chain and got to one that made things stop working I was then able to look and narrow down the issue.

In my opinion it usually is some checkbox or some other setting that can sometimes be hard to uncover is even there that needs adjusting somehow.

Good Luck .........
I noticed that the EQ's work but the Reverbs and Delays don't seem to.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
boydwgrossii

Strangely enough, I added stereo fx instead of mono and it is now routing. When I watch the volume part of the track, it doesn't play on the L/R channels, it only shows on the right, but the other track shows it on both sides.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #5
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post
Strangely enough, I added stereo fx instead of mono and it is now routing. When I watch the volume part of the track, it doesn't play on the L/R channels, it only shows on the right, but the other track shows it on both sides.
May I suggest that you now go to the L track that works and simply duplicate it. hen if you have the option to switch it to the right and that is all you change about it that 'might' work !

How many separate Fx on each track are we talking about?
In this case, go very methodically through each one and be SURE that they are all set to the RIGHT.

This is what I mean. There is a saying that goes:

'Sometimes, the hardest things to see are those that are directly in front of you!'

The point being that 'something', meaning an obscure setting that is hard to notice, but, has been right in front of you all along needs to be adjusted, such as panning of one of the Fx being off just a bit which can throw the entire track off!
Old 11-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
JamesPeters

See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-scVVDPHc

That's probably the reason.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
boydwgrossii

I tried the testing of the channels to no avail. I put a stereo imager on the right channel in question and fixed it from there. I haven't watched the video yet.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post
I tried the testing of the channels to no avail. I put a stereo imager on the right channel in question and fixed it from there. I haven't watched the video yet.
You really should, because you'll understand why and be better equipped to deal with this sort of thing in the future. Plus it's probably faster to deal with than you think.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #9
boydwgrossii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
You really should, because you'll understand why and be better equipped to deal with this sort of thing in the future. Plus it's probably faster to deal with than you think.
I tried this out and it did help 50% of the thing that's happening. I noticed that after I sent the guitar track to the fx track, it worked, but, the fx track won't play in stereo. I am not sure why.

On the video, the sending track was set to mono and the receiving track seemed to work without issue.