Old 01-30-2019, 04:10 AM   #81
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
Hey l0b!

Sorry for the mess. Just updated posts and added link of modded JSFX for all plugin. I believe now everything is OK.

Updated pics by the way...
Thanks - pics working now

Only thing is I have to manually update the strip files to work with the newly named modded ones. Would be nicer to have them already mapped (for other people really - I'm fine with doing it myself then resaving the strip - but not all people may know to do this).

But understand that's more hassle for you - so maybe just a note to say that you need to do this if using the modded JSFX.

Thanks again though - having fun with the U76 comp
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:40 AM   #82
Tunca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thanks - pics working now

Only thing is I have to manually update the strip files to work with the newly named modded ones. Would be nicer to have them already mapped (for other people really - I'm fine with doing it myself then resaving the strip - but not all people may know to do this).

But understand that's more hassle for you - so maybe just a note to say that you need to do this if using the modded JSFX.

Thanks again though - having fun with the U76 comp
Thanks for the tip!

Just updated all compressor strips with modded JSFX. Now everyone can use without any effort

Thanks.
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #83
lb0

Quote:
Thanks for the tip!

Just updated all compressor strips with modded JSFX. Now everyone can use without any effort

Thanks.
awesome thanks!

Just testing the F670 - but I'm missing the Tube Input JSFX - any ideas where I can get this?
Old 01-30-2019, 04:54 AM   #84
Tunca

Quote:
awesome thanks!

Just testing the F670 - but I'm missing the Tube Input JSFX - any ideas where I can get this?
Updated F670 post. Added Tube Input JSFX download link.

Also here is the link;

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...4UeEqt8LlwxBiX
Old 01-30-2019, 05:16 AM   #85
lb0

Quote:
Updated F670 post. Added Tube Input JSFX download link.

Also here is the link;

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...4UeEqt8LlwxBiX
Thanks - working now.

Quick note - for some reason the GR parameter is not mapped to the meter. Easily fixed by manually reassigning the param - but thought I'd mention. (Might be a bug in my plugin remap routine).

Also - just a quick note - the bypass only bypasses the main compressor JSFX - but not the input stage. Is this deliberate? If not - you could use a macro control (in TRACK EDIT mode -> Other controls) - and assign it to both plugins bypasses - to control both together.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #86
Tunca

Quote:
Thanks - working now.

Quick note - for some reason the GR parameter is not mapped to the meter. Easily fixed by manually reassigning the param - but thought I'd mention. (Might be a bug in my plugin remap routine).

Also - just a quick note - the bypass only bypasses the main compressor JSFX - but not the input stage. Is this deliberate? If not - you could use a macro control (in TRACK EDIT mode -> Other controls) - and assign it to both plugins bypasses - to control both together.
Thanks for warning. I forgot reassign meter. Will be fixed and uploaded.

Also yes, i would like to bypass all chain but i can't use macro. Cause i don't know how to use
Old 01-30-2019, 05:42 AM   #87
lb0

Quote:
Thanks for warning. I forgot reassign meter. Will be fixed and uploaded.

Also yes, i would like to bypass all chain but i can't use macro. Cause i don't know how to use
First add bypass controls for both plugins (you already have the comp one).

Add a macro control (set to BUTTON type). In LIVE mode - right-click it. Choose Add Parameters - click on both the plugin bypass controls. EXIT MACRO LEARN mode. Exit Macro mode (you don't need to alter any other settings).

Go back to FX EDIT mode - highlight both plugin bypass controls (not macro) - right-click menu -> uncheck Visible.

Done (if I've not forgotten anything)
Old 01-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #88
Tunca

Quote:
First add bypass controls for both plugins (you already have the comp one).

Add a macro control (set to BUTTON type). In LIVE mode - right-click it. Choose Add Parameters - click on both the plugin bypass controls. EXIT MACRO LEARN mode. Exit Macro mode (you don't need to alter any other settings).

Go back to FX EDIT mode - highlight both plugin bypass controls (not macro) - right-click menu -> uncheck Visible.

Done (if I've not forgotten anything)
Oh, thanks!

Just edited and updated F670 post with new sharestrip. Now it can bypass both. Thanks again
Old 01-30-2019, 06:19 AM   #89
lb0

Quote:
Oh, thanks!

Just edited and updated F670 post with new sharestrip. Now it can bypass both. Thanks again
Perfect! Thanks.

(nearly - the meter is still set to knob/slider - so you can click drag it - which is a bit odd - but I'm being picky!).
Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #90
Tunca

Quote:
Perfect! Thanks.

(nearly - the meter is still set to knob/slider - so you can click drag it - which is a bit odd - but I'm being picky!).
Ops! My bad...

After reassign, they changed, i guess and i forgot to set them again.

Now fixed all knobs and meter for F670 and updated F670 post.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:29 AM   #91
lb0

Quote:
Ops! My bad...

After reassign, they changed, i guess and i forgot to set them again.

Now fixed all knobs and meter for F670 and updated F670 post.
Aha - a bug when reassigning then - I will look into.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:32 AM   #92
Tunca

Quote:
Aha - a bug when reassigning then - I will look into.
Also there is a bug(i guess) with DEFAULT VALUE of knobs and buttons.

For example in SSL strip, HPF and LPF shows all the way up when i open it and i need to double click to turn them to default position. They must be all the way down.

And default value not working with Knob/Slider Reverse and Cycle Button.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:09 AM   #93
lb0

Quote:
Also there is a bug(i guess) with DEFAULT VALUE of knobs and buttons.

For example in SSL strip, HPF and LPF shows all the way up when i open it and i need to double click to turn them to default position. They must be all the way down.

And default value not working with Knob/Slider Reverse and Cycle Button.

Thanks.
Default value is what is set when you double-click on the control. However - it is not necessarily what the value is when you open the strip.

Basically - you need to set the parameters to what values you want when you save the strip - as this is what it will load with. Doing otherwise could have some very unwanted behaviour when loading a strip.

So remember to double-click each control before saving the strip. This also helps to show any that have the default value set incorrectly (it will usually set the default value to what the parameter is set to when you create the control).

I need to add an option to automatically set all controls to default when saving the strip - I think this was requested eons ago but I've not got round to that yet - so will add to my todo list
Old 01-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #94
Joesi

Default Waves Mixhub

Hi guys,
you probably heard of Waves' latest plugin: the CLA Mixhub, a SSL strip plugin that features a bucket view to see 8 channel modules at the same time, just like with a real console.
They praised it as an innovation. How cute. With LBX Stripper I can create the same, with the power of using ANY plugin in your arsenal.
As soon as I have a first version I will share it here. Be prepared for some cool realistic-looking GUI impressions. ;-)

Will take a couple of days, though, as it is a lot of design work. Guess, White Tie knows what I mean :-D
Joesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #95
Tunca

Quote:
Default value is what is set when you double-click on the control. However - it is not necessarily what the value is when you open the strip.

Basically - you need to set the parameters to what values you want when you save the strip - as this is what it will load with. Doing otherwise could have some very unwanted behaviour when loading a strip.

So remember to double-click each control before saving the strip. This also helps to show any that have the default value set incorrectly (it will usually set the default value to what the parameter is set to when you create the control).

I need to add an option to automatically set all controls to default when saving the strip - I think this was requested eons ago but I've not got round to that yet - so will add to my todo list
Thanks for explanation. Now everything is clear
Old 01-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #96
Tunca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
Hi guys,
you probably heard of Waves' latest plugin: the CLA Mixhub, a SSL strip plugin that features a bucket view to see 8 channel modules at the same time, just like with a real console.
They praised it as an innovation. How cute. With LBX Stripper I can create the same, with the power of using ANY plugin in your arsenal.
As soon as I have a first version I will share it here. Be prepared for some cool realistic-looking GUI impressions. ;-)

Will take a couple of days, though, as it is a lot of design work. Guess, White Tie knows what I mean :-D
Hey!

I already used their GUI to build my own SSL strip (please, check post 70) but i have no idea how to combine 2 or more channel in a screen with LBX.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:20 AM   #97
lb0

Quote:
Hey!

I already used their GUI to build my own SSL strip (please, check post 70) but i have no idea how to combine 2 or more channel in a screen with LBX.
Well - the channel routing is just done in the fx chain for each FX plugin. You can use Stripper to do this - but it's sometimes easier just to use Reapers routing.

Then it's just building your strip as you've already done - using the FX plugins (that are set to different input/output channels).

The only real restriction is that you cannot save strips properly that have plugins from different tracks (you can using strip sets - but they aren't as flexible/shareable and straightforward as normal strips).

A normal strip file will save all (or all used) plugins for the current track (the track selected in Stripper). It will not save plugins from other tracks.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 AM   #98
Joesi

Quote:
Hey!

My plans are to create custom API500-modules from my existing plugins (like a vertigo VSC-2 500er module.)
By the way, I'm going to upload the knobs that are created for this project so everyone can download them. As a zipfile, including the knb-file. I forgot that file with the upload of my vintage knob, but I'll skip modifying this particular upload as the knb-file is easy to create.
It is very likely that those zipfiles will contain several perspectives because I want to get that aspect right and I want to give everyone the option to choose from which angle he/she wants to look at the knobs.
I have to check out how it can be done the most elegant way to recall the routing settings. I want to follow the 8-channel-philosophy of Waves' mixhub. That is a good size.
The easiest way would be to make a project template, but there must be a better way.

EDIT: I just tried to save a strip with a specific routing setting. Well, that actually works like expected. So for my taste that is easy enough. I could save (e.g.) a compressor module named "Vertigo chan3_4" (as it is set to in 3_4, out 3_4)and everything is fine.

EDIT2: Tunca, Thank you very very much for providing the modded JSFX! I really appreciate that! A kind warning, though! I noticed you are using Arturia's and Waves' surfaces (GUI). That's fine for private use, but if you want to share it publicly try to avoid it being clearly recognizable as such. That really could get you in some troubles. That's why I am designing my own GUIs. If I remember it correctly there even was a VU-meter which still had the "W" from Waves.

Last edited by Joesi; 02-03-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:46 AM   #99
Joesi

This is the first of many 500series modules to come:
the 1175 compressor (here two side by side). Thanks to Tunca for providing the modified JSFX! There is something about the meters that needs an explanation: Those meters are very smooth, they are not of the "flashy" kind. They smoothly fade in and out, with a range of 2 db per LED, to be easy on the eye. they behave quite analog.

I have so many ideas for the other modules :-D I make this module downloadable as soon as I have finished some other modules.

Last edited by Joesi; 02-03-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #100
lb0

Quote:
the 1175 compressor (here two side by side). Thanks to Tunca for providing the modified JSFX! There is something about the meters that needs an explanation: Those meters are very smooth, they are not of the "flashy" kind. They smoothly fade in and out, with a range of 2 db per LED, to be easy on the eye. they behave quite analog.

I have so many ideas for the other modules :-D I make this module downloadable as soon as I have finished some other modules.
Thanks! Looks fantastic - great work. The only thing I would say from a personal POV, is that I'm not a big fan of skeuomorphic perspective GUI's.

There are two reasons -
1. I find it hard to see what I'm setting the knob to - my brain has to do the extra adjustment because on real hardware I can physically move my head - but this doesn't work on fixed perspective GUI's.

2. In Stripper (a limitation of Reascript) - there is a limit to the number of bitmaps that can be loaded into memory per script. So having a set of different perspective controls eats into that limit slowly. Those 5 controls could be done using a single bitmap instead of 5. To be fair though - I've never hit the limit - Stripper allows around 700-800 different bitmaps for controls and background graphics - but it's possible I guess on very large projects.

However - having said that - there is nothing stopping me editing the strip for my own use and using a single knob graphic for all the knobs - so not a problem at all really. Would take me literally 10 seconds.

I'm really looking forward to the other strips you create
Old 02-03-2019, 06:53 AM   #101
Joesi

Quote:
Thanks! Looks fantastic - great work. The only thing I would say from a personal POV, is that I'm not a big fan of skeuomorphic perspective GUI's.

There are two reasons -
1. I find it hard to see what I'm setting the knob to - my brain has to do the extra adjustment because on real hardware I can physically move my head - but this doesn't work on fixed perspective GUI's.

2. In Stripper (a limitation of Reascript) - there is a limit to the number of bitmaps that can be loaded into memory per script. So having a set of different perspective controls eats into that limit slowly. Those 5 controls could be done using a single bitmap instead of 5. To be fair though - I've never hit the limit - Stripper allows around 700-800 different bitmaps for controls and background graphics - but it's possible I guess on very large projects.

However - having said that - there is nothing stopping me editing the strip for my own use and using a single knob graphic for all the knobs - so not a problem at all really. Would take me literally 10 seconds.

I'm really looking forward to the other strips you create
Thank you! I totally understand your preferences; After all, it is all a matter of personal taste. That's why your script is so revolutionary, you don't have to swallow what's on the plate :-D
As the knobs are all delivered with the whole package take what suits you best!
Again, thank you for a fantastic script that really changed the way I mix in Reaper! (Even the way I decide which plugins I will purchase in the future)
Old 02-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #102
JayJSE2

Quote:

Nice!

For ones like this where it's just JSFX, is there any reason why you can't just add the GUI straight to the plugin?
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #103
Joesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
Nice!

For ones like this where it's just JSFX, is there any reason why you can't just add the GUI straight to the plugin?
That's possible but it doesn't offer the possibility to alter the GUI according to your own needs so easily. Besides, Stripper offer some features that you just don't have with an ordinary plugin GUI.
For instance, I really love it that the window stays the same, just the GUI changes when you select another channel. And: you can add another strip in the same window (which means adding another insert effect(s).
What I like most is how easy you can create your own GUI. Making the GUI part of the plugin means re-writing the code. For me that's too much effort if I just want to change some knobs ;-)

However, you are not restricted to just one JSFX. You could use the given GUI to use it with another comp or charge it with a chain of other FX. I'm thinking of adding the AirWindows SingleENdedTriode-Plugin as an input stage. Even if there was no tube stage in the real UREI 1176 but who cares?
Old 02-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #104
JayJSE2

Quote:
That's possible but it doesn't offer the possibility to alter the GUI according to your own needs so easily. Besides, Stripper offer some features that you just don't have with an ordinary plugin GUI.
For instance, I really love it that the window stays the same, just the GUI changes when you select another channel. And: you can add another strip in the same window (which means adding another insert effect(s).
What I like most is how easy you can create your own GUI. Making the GUI part of the plugin means re-writing the code. For me that's too much effort if I just want to change some knobs ;-)

However, you are not restricted to just one JSFX. You could use the given GUI to use it with another comp or charge it with a chain of other FX. I'm thinking of adding the AirWindows SingleENdedTriode-Plugin as an input stage. Even if there was no tube stage in the real UREI 1176 but who cares?
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! I was just thinking that it's kind of a big gap between the two options. The JS plugin with no GUI whatsoever and this with not just a basic/rough 1176 skin, but a really nice GUI.

I've not actually tried out this script for ages. Is it now at a point where it's relatively bug-free (and doesn't impact performance too much)?
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #105
Joesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
I've not actually tried out this script for ages. Is it now at a point where it's relatively bug-free (and doesn't impact performance too much)?
I couldn't spot a true bug yet. Sometimes the main window of stripper gets white but that rarely happens and if it does all I have to do is press F1 (I assigned F1 to run the script. I want to emphasize: that happens next to never.)

I have to check out the performance yet. I'm running an i7-machine and stripper didn't come in my way so far.

Now to something else: Right now, I'm creating a nice vintage VU/RMS meter for TBPRoAudio's VURMSmeter JSFX. I'm going to edit this post with the download link when I'm done!

Old 02-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #106
lb0

Quote:
I couldn't spot a true bug yet. Sometimes the main window of stripper gets white but that rarely happens and if it does all I have to do is press F1 (I assigned F1 to run the script. I want to emphasize: that happens next to never.)
Depends if this is the system hanging up - and the window freezing (but then F1 probably won't work to restart the script).

So you might have accidentally triggered showing of the control bitmap (which is used to detect mouse clicks).

So it might be as simple as hitting <Enter> (in LIVE mode)? Enter toggles between showing the actual strip controls window - and the control bitmap (which I use for testing purposes).

Try it and see if that's the same thing...
Old 02-04-2019, 08:41 AM   #107
Joesi

Quote:
Depends if this is the system hanging up - and the window freezing (but then F1 probably won't work to restart the script).

So you might have accidentally triggered showing of the control bitmap (which is used to detect mouse clicks).

So it might be as simple as hitting <Enter> (in LIVE mode)? Enter toggles between showing the actual strip controls window - and the control bitmap (which I use for testing purposes).

Try it and see if that's the same thing...
The system doesn't freeze, neither does the stripper window. when I close stripper and run it again by pressing F1, everything is normal again. Really, no big issue and it happens almost never. Might be my own fault, who knows?
If it gets white again I will try that "Live"-[Enter] solution ;-)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #108
Joesi

Hi Ib0,
I tried to get rid of the white screen with [Enter]. Yes, that was it!

In the meantime, I think I fell in love

New member in the family:

Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #109
lb0

haha - love the photoshop!!

Good work - looks great!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #110
Pinknoise

What plugin you plan to use for the Opto ?
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #111
Joesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
What plugin you plan to use for the Opto ?
This was a difficult decision. Basically, it doesn't matter because you can use the GUI for anything you like. However, then it would be easier to upload the PNGs, so why do I take it so seriously to find the right plugin?

The idea was to create modules that make the workflow a bit more simplified. So it had to be a plugin (or a chain of plugins)that would sound good even with a reduced set of parameters. It had to be a free one, or at least a low-budget plugin.
I picked the famous MJUC jr. and even though it is a tube compressor it behaves very similar. It has lots of character and it's free. I guess many have that one in their arsenal already and if not I highly recommend to get it.

The GUI shown in my previous post is an early draft. It will look a bit different when it is finished, however, there will be no gain reduction meter. Unfortunately, third party plugins rarely provide a GR parameter.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:11 AM   #112
Pinknoise

Good choice it sounds good I find it not very versatile though. If you could make it work with MJUC full version as well it would be awsome! I wish plugins would be tweakable to show gain reduction.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #113
RJHollins

Quote:
Good choice it sounds good I find it not very versatile though. If you could make it work with MJUC full version as well it would be awsome! I wish plugins would be tweakable to show gain reduction.
I thought I read of a Reaper JS plugin [script] that monitors Compression, using 2 plugins that bookend the Compressor plugin.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #114
Joesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I thought I read of a Reaper JS plugin [script] that monitors Compression, using 2 plugins that bookend the Compressor plugin.
yep, there is one, it's called Gain Reduction Meter, something like that (if I'm not mistaken) but it doesn't provide a GR parameter. I guess, some guys here know how to add the necesary code lines. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them
Old 02-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #115
ThrashJazzAssassin

There are a lot of LBX Strips with GR meters here https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips

The modified Witti JSFX are all there in a zip
Old 03-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #116
Pinknoise

I have some bugs especially with the latest sharestrips.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #117
lb0

Quote:
I have some bugs especially with the latest sharestrips.
What happens when you close and re-open stripper? Does it then load in the correct graphics?
Old 03-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #118
Pinknoise

Same thing happens.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #119
lb0

Quote:
Same thing happens.
Can you please send me the exact sharestrip file you used to import?

I've downloaded these strips already and they've worked ok for me.

will PM my email.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #120
Pinknoise

Quote:
Can you please send me the exact sharestrip file you used to import?

I've downloaded these strips already and they've worked ok for me.

will PM my email.
They worked ok until I tried them again this morning I did Reaper update recently.

They are links by Tunca on second page of the sharestrip forum.

I can send the ones I have but I tried redownloading it is still the same dates then the one I already have.