Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #4041
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,036
Default

On MCU like devices: Do we need to have Shift, Cntrl Buttons defined in the zon file? I don't, and my buttons don't do any of the modifier stuff. If so, what statements do i need?
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 PM   #4042
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 8,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
CSI is now alpha.Focus will switch to OSC.Please continue to report bugs, will fix if possible.
Great !!!
But before starting the OSC adventure, I suggest that a skeleton of a documentation - approved by yourself - should be provided to allow fools like myself to get started and provide additional flesh to same. (And report potential bugs that might occur while trying out the edges of the project to check and improve the documentation.)

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:47 PM   #4043
Finow79
Human being with feelings
 
Finow79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Brandenburg
Posts: 22
Default X Touch one selecting tracks

I´m using the behringer xtouch one.
Can anyone explain how i can select any track with my mouse, so the xtouch will follow.
Actually i have to push the "ch select" button on the xtouch when i select another track.

Thanks!

Last edited by Finow79; 08-15-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:32 AM   #4044
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
On MCU like devices: Do we need to have Shift, Cntrl Buttons defined in the zon file? I don't, and my buttons don't do any of the modifier stuff. If so, what statements do i need?
Shift should already be defined in the surface definition file (I think its .mst)

If it works the way I hope, my rough idea from the the previous page using,
Quote:
Shift GoZone Shift (this needs to be in the Zone Home zone)


(Then put this at the bottom of the file).

Zone Shift

Buttons you want to use with the shift key

Shift GoZone Home

ZoneEnd
I'll be able to test the theory this evening, and i'll report back.

Last edited by Freex; 08-16-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:58 AM   #4045
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Shift should already be defined in the surface definition file (I think its .mst)

If it works the way I hope, my rough idea from the the previous page using,


I'll be able to test the theory this evening, and i'll report back.
That might work -- try it !!

[edit] -- Just realized, this should give you a latching shift -- nice !
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-16-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:03 AM   #4046
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
On MCU like devices: Do we need to have Shift, Cntrl Buttons defined in the zon file? I don't, and my buttons don't do any of the modifier stuff. If so, what statements do i need?
Just put these or something like them in your Buttons Zone

Code:
        ...
	Save Reaper 40026
	Shift+Save Reaper 40022

	Undo Reaper 40029
	Shift+Undo Reaper 40030

	Shift Shift
	Option Option
	Control Control
	Alt Alt

	Marker Reaper 40172
	Shift+Marker Reaper 40157
	Option+Marker Reaper 40174
        ...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:09 AM   #4047
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Had a quick play, but couldn't et it to work

then i noticed the definition in the C4.mst for shift option control and alt are wrong

I'm seeing them here as

Quote:

Widget Shift
PressRelease 90 0d 7f 90 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Option
PressRelease 90 0e 7f 90 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
PressRelease 90 0f 7f 90 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Alt
PressRelease 90 10 7f 90 10 00
WidgetEnd

And not

Quote:
Widget Shift
PressRelease 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Option
PressRelease 90 47 7f 90 47 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
PressRelease 90 48 7f 90 48 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Alt
PressRelease 90 49 7f 90 49 00
WidgetEnd
which is what they are on the MCU



So I'm hoping I'll have good news to report later
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #4048
rothchild
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Great !!!
But before starting the OSC adventure, I suggest that a skeleton of a documentation - approved by yourself - should be provided to allow fools like myself to get started and provide additional flesh to same. (And report potential bugs that might occur while trying out the edges of the project to check and improve the documentation.)

-Michael
Some documentation would be great, I've been idly following this thread and have CSI installed but with over 100 pages of responses it's really difficult to break in to how to use this properly.

Alternatively, if someone has a 'reference' version for MCU that might help (me)I guess?
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:29 AM   #4049
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Some documentation would be great, I've been idly following this thread and have CSI installed but with over 100 pages of responses it's really difficult to break in to how to use this properly.

Alternatively, if someone has a 'reference' version for MCU that might help (me)I guess?
Do you have a MCU?

If so, then all the hard word has been done.

It's just a case of setup.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #4050
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Had a quick play, but couldn't et it to work

then i noticed the definition in the C4.mst for shift option control and alt are wrong

I'm seeing them here as




And not



which is what they are on the MCU



So I'm hoping I'll have good news to report later
Why don't you just use Midi in monitor to verify/correct the .mst file ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-16-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #4051
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
That does seem strange, they don't look like Press/Release switches.

Why don't you just use Midi in monitor to verify/correct the .mst file ?
That's where I was seeing the above, thru the midi in
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #4052
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
That's where I was seeing the above, thru the midi in
Cool, so if you correct the C4.mst file does everything work ?

If so, I will also correct the C4.mst file that goes with the builds.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #4053
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Just to confirm Midi In from C4

Shift
IN -> C4 90 0d 7f (on push)
IN -> C4 90 0d 00 (on release)

Option
IN -> C4 90 0e 7f
IN -> C4 90 0e 00

Control
IN -> C4 90 0f 7f
IN -> C4 90 0f 00

Alt
IN -> C4 90 10 7f
IN -> C4 90 10 00


Just have to play here and see why it's not working for me.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #4054
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

WE HAVE LIFT OFF
Quote:
c4.mst updated to correct values for Shift etc.
Shift Shift etc written into C4.zon file
and bold in ReaEq Added (see below)
I couldn't get it to work using
Shift GoZone Shift (which I was hoping would be nice and tidy, but that could be more me not putting things where they SHOULD and NEED to be)

BUT this works a treat, display changes to reflect the different control name while holding "SHIFT"


Quote:
Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"


SelectedTrackNavigator



DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay 0 "Freq-Low Shelf"
DisplayLowerA1 FXParamValueDisplay 0
RotaryA1 FXParam 0
Toggle+RotaryPushA1 NoAction

DisplayUpperA2 FXParamNameDisplay 3 "Freq-Band 2"
DisplayLowerA2 FXParamValueDisplay 3
RotaryA2 FXParam 3
Toggle+RotaryPushA2 NoAction

DisplayUpperA3 FXParamNameDisplay 6 "Freq-Band 3"
DisplayLowerA3 FXParamValueDisplay 6
RotaryA3 FXParam 6
Toggle+RotaryPushA3 NoAction

DisplayUpperA4 FXParamNameDisplay 9 "Freq-High Shelf"
DisplayLowerA4 FXParamValueDisplay 9
RotaryA4 FXParam 9
Toggle+RotaryPushA4 NoAction

DisplayUpperA5 NoAction
DisplayLowerA5 NoAction
RotaryA5 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushA5 NoAction

DisplayUpperA6 NoAction
DisplayLowerA6 NoAction
RotaryA6 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushA6 NoAction

DisplayUpperA7 NoAction
DisplayLowerA7 NoAction
RotaryA7 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushA7 NoAction

DisplayUpperA8 FXParamNameDisplay 13 "ReaEQ"
DisplayLowerA8 FXParamValueDisplay 13
RotaryA8 FXParam 13
Toggle+RotaryPushA8 FXParam 12

DisplayUpperB1 FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Gain-Low Shelf"
DisplayLowerB1 FXParamValueDisplay 1
RotaryB1 FXParam 1
Toggle+RotaryPushB1 NoAction

DisplayUpperB2 FXParamNameDisplay 4 "Gain-Band 2"
DisplayLowerB2 FXParamValueDisplay 4
RotaryB2 FXParam 4
Toggle+RotaryPushB2 NoAction

DisplayUpperB3 FXParamNameDisplay 7 "Gain-Band 3"
DisplayLowerB3 FXParamValueDisplay 7
RotaryB3 FXParam 7
Toggle+RotaryPushB3 NoAction

DisplayUpperB4 FXParamNameDisplay 10 "Gain-High Shelf"
DisplayLowerB4 FXParamValueDisplay 10
RotaryB4 FXParam 10
Toggle+RotaryPushB4 NoAction

DisplayUpperB5 NoAction
DisplayLowerB5 NoAction
RotaryB5 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushB5 NoAction

DisplayUpperB6 NoAction
DisplayLowerB6 NoAction
RotaryB6 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushB6 NoAction

DisplayUpperB7 NoAction
DisplayLowerB7 NoAction
RotaryB7 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushB7 NoAction

DisplayUpperB8 NoAction
DisplayLowerB8 NoAction
RotaryB8 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushB8 NoAction

DisplayUpperC1 NoAction
DisplayLowerC1 NoAction
RotaryC1 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC1 NoAction

DisplayUpperC2 NoAction
DisplayLowerC2 NoAction
RotaryC2 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC2 NoAction

DisplayUpperC3 NoAction
DisplayLowerC3 NoAction
RotaryC3 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC3 NoAction

DisplayUpperC4 NoAction
DisplayLowerC4 NoAction
RotaryC4 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC4 NoAction

DisplayUpperC5 NoAction
DisplayLowerC5 NoAction
RotaryC5 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC5 NoAction

DisplayUpperC6 NoAction
DisplayLowerC6 NoAction
RotaryC6 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC6 NoAction

DisplayUpperC7 NoAction
DisplayLowerC7 NoAction
RotaryC7 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC7 NoAction

DisplayUpperC8 NoAction
DisplayLowerC8 NoAction
RotaryC8 NoAction
Toggle+RotaryPushC8 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD1 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD1 NoAction
/RotaryD1 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD1 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD2 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD2 NoAction
/RotaryD2 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD2 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD3 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD3 NoAction
/RotaryD3 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD3 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD4 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD4 NoAction
/RotaryD4 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD4 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD5 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD5 NoAction
/RotaryD5 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD5 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD6 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD6 NoAction
/RotaryD6 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD6 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD7 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD7 NoAction
/RotaryD7 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD7 NoAction

/DisplayUpperD8 NoAction
/DisplayLowerD8 NoAction
/RotaryD8 NoAction
/Toggle+RotaryPushD8 NoAction




Shift+DisplayUpperB1 FXParamNameDisplay 2 "Q-Low Shelf"
Shift+DisplayLowerB1 FXParamValueDisplay 2
Shift+RotaryB1 FXParam 2
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPushB1 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpperB2 FXParamNameDisplay 5 "Q-Band 2"
Shift+DisplayLowerB2 FXParamValueDisplay 5
Shift+RotaryB2 FXParam 5
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPushB2 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpperB3 FXParamNameDisplay 8 "Q-Band 3"
Shift+DisplayLowerB3 FXParamValueDisplay 8
Shift+RotaryB3 FXParam 8
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPushB3 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpperB4 FXParamNameDisplay 11 "Q-High Shelf"
Shift+DisplayLowerB4 FXParamValueDisplay 11
Shift+RotaryB4 FXParam 11
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPushB4 NoAction


ZoneEnd

UPDATE

Just tested using shift+ and Option+ and using one row on C4 to control
Freq (normal)
Gain (shift+) and
Q (Option+)

all displaying and working beautifully.

Last edited by Freex; 08-16-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #4055
rothchild
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Do you have a MCU?

If so, then all the hard word has been done.

It's just a case of setup.
Yes I have an MCU.

Not sure where to start with setup, I installed the csi and selected the appropriate presets, whilst it works in so far as I can control volumes, things that I'm looking for (recording send automation) doesn't seem to work. (not discounting that this might be user error, of course!)

Essentially I'd like to to work like Klinke's but with working send automation. How would I go about setting that up?
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #4056
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Here's my MCU.zon file

Pressing the
Send button on the MCU
should display sends for the selected track on the track faders (send 1 fader 1, send 8 fader 8)

Track should display the names of plugins for selected track,
By defining the params in an FX zone you can have them splay across the MCU when you press on the corresponding pan button.

Last edited by Freex; 09-01-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #4057
Finow79
Human being with feelings
 
Finow79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Brandenburg
Posts: 22
Default

Excuse me ... but did anybody notice my request?
I´m using csi with my xtouch one. but i cannot change the tracks ( level, fx etc ) without pushing the buttons on the controller. Is there a way to do this just with the mouse.
SPlease excuse the interruption!
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #4058
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

New Configurator Now able to load FX.zon files it has created and save them back to the same location. It will also create the headers for four zones if needed.

It now saves the FX parameter data in the .zon file, meaning after you have created the Zone you no longer need the raw FX file to edit and re-save the FX.zon file.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-11-2019 at 06:23 AM.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #4059
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finow79 View Post
Excuse me ... but did anybody notice my request?
I´m using csi with my xtouch one. but i cannot change the tracks ( level, fx etc ) without pushing the buttons on the controller. Is there a way to do this just with the mouse.
SPlease excuse the interruption!
Use ToggleScrollLink to tie the surface banking to screen selection.

Details here:https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=4031
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:56 PM   #4060
Finow79
Human being with feelings
 
Finow79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Brandenburg
Posts: 22
Default

Thanx mix monkey!
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #4061
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
New Configurator Now able to load FX.zon files it has created and save them back to the same location. It will also create the headers for four zones if needed.

It now saves the FX parameter data in the .zon file, meaning after you have created the Zone you no longer need the raw FX file to edit and re-save the FX.zon file.
How are 2nd 3rd 4th zones created?
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #4062
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
How are 2nd 3rd 4th zones created?
It creates the headers for up to four zones in the first zone file. To create the additional zones, you use the Configurator again with one of the auto created names from the first zone.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #4063
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It creates the headers for up to four zones in the first zone file. To create the additional zones, you use the Configurator again with one of the auto created names from the first zone.
Am I missing something, it just writes over the original zone file with new params


Although the Loading existing works lovely, IF you created the file in this in the first place. (I guess there is always give and take)
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #4064
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
WE HAVE LIFT OFF


I couldn't get it to work using
Shift GoZone Shift (which I was hoping would be nice and tidy, but that could be more me not putting things where they SHOULD and NEED to be)

BUT this works a treat, display changes to reflect the different control name while holding "SHIFT"





UPDATE

Just tested using shift+ and Option+ and using one row on C4 to control
Freq (normal)
Gain (shift+) and
Q (Option+)

all displaying and working beautifully.
Fantastic !!
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #4065
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Am I missing something, it just writes over the original zone file with new params
No you're not missing anything Let me tweak it a bit.
Quote:
Although the Loading existing works lovely, IF you created the file in this in the first place. (I guess there is always give and take)
If you modify the .zon file by hand, changing it's layout, you're on your own
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #4066
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Yes I have an MCU.

Not sure where to start with setup, I installed the csi and selected the appropriate presets, whilst it works in so far as I can control volumes, things that I'm looking for (recording send automation) doesn't seem to work. (not discounting that this might be user error, of course!)

Essentially I'd like to to work like Klinke's but with working send automation. How would I go about setting that up?
If you have the latest installed, Press the "Send" button in the "Assignment" section -- you should see Sends and be able to adjust them with the faders -- I think automation should work properly -- please report if it doesn't
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #4067
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Am I missing something, it just writes over the original zone file with new params


Although the Loading existing works lovely, IF you created the file in this in the first place. (I guess there is always give and take)


EDIT

Had to work backwards saving last version first then manually renaming it to -2

Then created the first.

Is there something i'm missing with the creation?

Last edited by Freex; 08-16-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #4068
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
New Configurator Now able to load FX.zon files it has created and save them back to the same location. It will also create the headers for four zones if needed.

It now saves the FX parameter data in the .zon file, meaning after you have created the Zone you no longer need the raw FX file to edit and re-save the FX.zon file.
Wow, you've been working hard -- noticed you have a better QuotedSplit, the one I found was overkill

Real nice work -- thanks again for your tremendous contribution to the community !
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #4069
rothchild
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Here's my MCU.zon file

Pressing the
Send button on the MCU
should display sends for the selected track on the track faders (send 1 fader 1, send 8 fader 8)

Track should display the names of plugins for selected track,
By defining the params in an FX zone you can have them splay across the MCU when you press on the corresponding pan button.
Thanks Freex, I'll give it a try.
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #4070
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Wow, you've been working hard -- noticed you have a better QuotedSplit, the one I found was overkill

Real nice work -- thanks again for your tremendous contribution to the community !
Not quite there yet (as Freex has just discovered)

Ended up having to spend far too much time on cross platform issues (we now have separate Win and Mac CreateZone Subs), but I'm pretty confident the FX.zon files can travel across the platforms and still be loaded and edited by the Configurator.

Currently working on getting the multi zone setup more user friendly. It really just writes the headers at the moment.

One question, will I cause problems if I put the ParentZone statement in the Parent Zone as well as the subZones?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #4071
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ended up having to spend far too much time on cross platform issues (we now have separate Win and Mac CreateZone Subs), but I'm pretty confident the FX.zon files can travel across the platforms and still be loaded and edited by the Configurator.
I hear ya' !

It's reasonably automated now, but the first days of this project weren't fun as far as cross-platform is concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Currently working on getting the multi zone setup more user friendly. It really just writes the headers at the moment.

One question, will I cause problems if I put the ParentZone statement in the Parent Zone as well as the subZones?
Hmmm...

You MAY be able to get away with it, but I would strongly recommend don't write it unless there is truly a Parent Zone.

You can usually get around the nastiness of these things by keeping a dictionary, or 2 parallel arrays, etc. to store the parent Zone Name for each Zone you plan to write, Then you just store an empty string for the true Parent Zone, and the Parent Zone Name in all the others.

Then when you go to write 'em out, you only write the ParentZone line if the name in the array for this position is not empty.

If that doesn't make sense, ask away
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #4072
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Not quite there yet (as Freex has just discovered)

Ended up having to spend far too much time on cross platform issues (we now have separate Win and Mac CreateZone Subs), but I'm pretty confident the FX.zon files can travel across the platforms and still be loaded and edited by the Configurator.

Currently working on getting the multi zone setup more user friendly. It really just writes the headers at the moment.

One question, will I cause problems if I put the ParentZone statement in the Parent Zone as well as the subZones?
What if you could decide the Header from the zone names at the bottom, So as well as all the possible GoZone Buttons, you have HEADER, so whatever Zone is marked as header gets the Header and Filename.

The way I see it, if you're in ReaEQ-2 you're not going to need a GoZone for -2 but you will for ReaEQ and ReaEQ-3.(abbreviated as an example)


UPDATE

Manage to create ReaEQ on a single row with 3 files, using bank LR as the GoZone buttons, so it apprears to scroll thru,
Freq on zone 1
Gain on zone 2
Q on Zone 3

again had to start at the end (zone 3)and work back.


NOW HOW CAN WE GET SHIFT, OPTION, CONTROL AND ALT added in there to round out the team. (I use the term We very loosely)

Also noticed if you take the first Zone name away you can't auto add the other names, but if you leave it in until you've added the other zone names it's fine.

Last edited by Freex; 08-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #4073
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
You MAY be able to get away with it, but I would strongly recommend don't write it unless there is truly a ParentZone.
I meant If the Parent Zone itself contained the ParentZone statement (when there are also subzones). It just means the headers are the same for each of the related zones (including the parent)
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #4074
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I meant If the Parent Zone itself contained the ParentZone statement (when there are also subzones). It just means the headers are the same for each of the related zones (including the parent)
If by the header you mean

Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"

Then as soon as there are two files with the same header CSI alerts you to it at startup, even if the file names are different.
That's why i had to start at the end with

Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)-3" "ReaEQ"

then Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)-2" "ReaEQ"

and Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #4075
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
If by the header you mean

Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"

Then as soon as there are two files with the same header CSI alerts you to it at startup, even if the file names are different.
That's why i had to start at the end with

Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)-3" "ReaEQ"

then Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)-2" "ReaEQ"

and Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"

In the context of FX zones/subzones, by headers I mean this:
Code:
ParentZone "VST3: Oxford Dynamics (Sonnox)"
Marker GoZone "VST3: Oxford Dynamics (Sonnox)"
ChanStrip GoZone "VST3: Oxford Dynamics (Sonnox)-2"
Track GoZone "VST3: Oxford Dynamics (Sonnox)-3"
Function GoZone "VST3: Oxford Dynamics (Sonnox)-4"
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #4076
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Ah I see, fine if you want each zone on a different button, what if you use 2 buttons to scroll thru?

(I mentioned it above)
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #4077
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I meant If the Parent Zone itself contained the ParentZone statement (when there are also subzones). It just means the headers are the same for each of the related zones (including the parent)
Yes, that's what I thought you meant, the problem is, It is semantically incorrect, and my fear is that it may cause trouble down the line that could have been avoided.

The array/dictionary method I proposed was to solve this, maybe send me the .xlsm when you have it coded and I will try and figure a way to leave out the redundant ParentZone statement.

Once again, great work !
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #4078
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, that's what I thought you meant, the problem is, It is semantically incorrect, and my fear is that it may cause trouble down the line that could have been avoided.

The array/dictionary method I proposed was to solve this, maybe send me the .xlsm when you have it coded and I will try and figure a way to leave out the redundant ParentZone statement.

Once again, great work !
These don't have the parent header and work fine, single row using the same 2 bank buttons to create a "scroll thru" effect.

Last edited by Freex; 09-01-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #4079
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, that's what I thought you meant, the problem is, It is semantically incorrect, and my fear is that it may cause trouble down the line that could have been avoided.

The array/dictionary method I proposed was to solve this, maybe send me the .xlsm when you have it coded and I will try and figure a way to leave out the redundant ParentZone statement.

Once again, great work !
Ah, ok, I won't write it to the Parent Zone
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #4080
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 585
Default

Just thinking with the GoZone and function keys, you could get a lot out of very little realestate.
Imagine 3 knobs with push function you could have them initially set as freq, gain and q for low band, then have function keys changing type (bell, cut, notch etc) and dB grad etc. Then have the GoZone to "scroll" thru the different bandwidths.
ALL IN 3 KNOBS AND 2 BUTTONS plus function keys.
Potentially controlling up to 60 rotary and 60 push functions.

Not to mention the possibility of having more than 4 GoZone's and combofunctions (Control+Shift, etc)

Last edited by Freex; 08-17-2019 at 02:19 AM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.