Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #1
MixR
Human being with feelings

Default [Solved] Please help me with this Cycle Action! (toggle track visibility)

Hello, I hope this is the correct forum.

I am trying to create a cycle action to achieve the following: toggle show selected track(s) only // restore previous track visibility

My Cycle Action is programmed like this:
  • Script: X-Raym_Save all tracks visibility.lua
  • SWS: Show selected track(s), hide others
  • --------Step---------
  • Script: X-Raym_Restore all tracks visibility.lua

The resulting action does not work as expected. When executed the tracks in question are shown/hidden but when executed again to restore the previous (saved) state nothing happens. I don't know whether the action fails because the visibility isn't saved in the first place or whether it just doen't restore.

If I add a Step after the first action all the steps are executed but of course require two keystrokes to execute the initial track show/hide (and one keystroke to restore visibility).

I can't see where I am going wrong and why the Cycle Action is not working as expected - any help appreciated!

Last edited by MixR; 10-07-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Problem solved.
MixR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #2
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixR View Post
If I add a Step after the first action all the steps are executed but of course require two keystrokes to execute the initial track show/hide (and one keystroke to restore visibility).
Pure speculation but this sounds like if the second action isn't executed immediately it seems to work.
For a test you could add "Action: Wait 1 second before next action" after the first action instead and see if it helps?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Pure speculation but this sounds like if the second action isn't executed immediately it seems to work.
For a test you could add "Action: Wait 1 second before next action" after the first action instead and see if it helps?
Thank you for your quick reply, nofish. Unfortunately that made no difference: visibility still does not get restored.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
xpander

Maybe you could try this with Breeders visibility scripts?
Track visibility management script set

Cycle action like this works fine here:

Script: Track Visibility - Save-restore - Save all tracks visibility, slot 01.lua
Script: Track Visibility - Show only selected tracks.lua
-step-
Script: Track Visibility - Save-restore - Restore all tracks visibility, slot 01.lua
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Maybe you could try this with Breeders visibility scripts?
Track visibility management script set

Cycle action like this works fine here:

Script: Track Visibility - Save-restore - Save all tracks visibility, slot 01.lua
Script: Track Visibility - Show only selected tracks.lua
-step-
Script: Track Visibility - Save-restore - Restore all tracks visibility, slot 01.lua
Thank you for your reply, Xpander and thank you for the heads-up regarding Breeder's script(s). I've only installed scripts via ReaPack so far (which these scripts aren't part of) and have now placed them in the Scripts folder in ~/Library/Application Support/REAPER. However, the scripts are not showing up in the Action List (I have restarted Reaper). Am I missing anything obvious (quite likely, seeing I am a beginner).
Old 10-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
nofish

ReaPack adds the scripts to the action list automatically, but otherwise you have to import the scripts via action list -> ReaScript: Load.. (button at bottom right in action list window). You can select multiple scripts at once in the 'Load Script' dialog if you want to import multiple at once.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
ReaPack adds the scripts to the action list automatically, but otherwise you have to import the scripts via action list -> ReaScript: Load.. (button at bottom right in action list window). You can select multiple scripts at once in the 'Load Script' dialog if you want to import multiple at once.
Thank you, nofish! The relevant page in the manual (p.297) is missing this information - maybe because it's so obvious (but not to me...)!

I can confirm that my Cycle Action is working when using Breeder's visibility scripts. Brilliant!