Old 11-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #1
Stirner
Human being with feelings

Default Keyboard and VST focus

When saving presets in Massive X, it's not possible to type in. Some keyboard input goes directly to Reaper and not to the VST, so for example typing "E" in causes activates the action "Zoom" and not typing letter "E" in Massive. But Space/Backspace work right, I can delete letters and enter empty spaces, but no letters. In Cubase the focus is always right and typing works in all VST's, in Massive X too.
Something similar I have in Diva. In the preset browser you can navigate using up/down buttons. Sometimes it works, sometimes the focus goes to the main Reaper window, so instead of switching presets in Diva, I switch tracks in the TCP. I have to do some mouse clicks in Diva and wait, before the focus is securely in the VST window.

What am I doing wrong? Are there hidden settings?
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
Softsynth

Never had that happen on any VST ever, which inludes Diva and Massive X.
I'm not running additional scripts though.

Tested today both VSTi and VST3 and current 64bit Reaper.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:17 AM   #3
Stirner

Oh, this can be the answer. I have Reaper Reworked installed. Never used Reaper before and started with Reworked. Because it has a sticky in this forum and it sounds good to have most scripts already installed.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
Softsynth

I suggest you try plain ole Reaper on its own and get used to the software first.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:23 AM   #5
Stirner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
I suggest you try plain ole Reaper on its own and get used to the software first.
Already too late I like Reworked and spent hours configuring menus, shortcuts, mapping my MIDI controllers and so on. I can't go back. Reinstall all the scripts manual and loose my settings is not an option anymore.

There must be an easy explaration, maybe somewhere in the shortcuts either I or Reworked them set.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:10 AM   #6
Softsynth

Ok, maybe you should ask the guy that did the script, or ask one of the users of the script. Surely they created a read me file though?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:20 AM   #7
Stirner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Ok, maybe you should ask the guy that did the script, or ask one of the users of the script. Surely they created a read me file though?
OK, I'll do it. Reaper Reworked has a sticky post here in the forum and I generally I like it.
Quote:
I believe REAPER ReWorked is best suited for people just starting out with REAPER because it simply has more functions than standard installation and it is not just all bashed together but ergonomically planned and tried in practice.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #8
Stirner

It was easy to solve:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
REAPER has an option to send all keyboard input to plug-in - it's per-plug-in option and can be set in FX chain window by selecting the desired plugins and then going to Menu->FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in