Old 11-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #121
D Rocks
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
I was thinking the same thing. You mean like only tint the number area and not the whole track area?
yeah because it feels wierd with the buttons when there are different colors overlaid on them.
It looses contrast with some colors and also the fact that it overlays with a paler version of the same color,
it gets to a ugly pastel color even if you want a intense color.

So just the track number having color would be a handy option
Old 11-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #122
ReaMike

Having the option to only colour the track number area would be my preference, too.
ReaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #123
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Im using the latest script that came with rc2 (thet gost installed in Cockos folder). Theres no number after the error.heres a screen :

recoloring executes normally but after that this wondow appears.

Regards J
This dialog is fixed with rc8. thanks
Old 11-28-2019, 03:08 PM   #124
fladd

How do I get the meter to the top of the mixer in 6.0, like the old "strip" layout in 5.0?
Old 11-29-2019, 01:23 AM   #125
estux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaMike View Post
Having the option to only colour the track number area would be my preference, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocks View Post
yeah because it feels wierd with the buttons when there are different colors overlaid on them.
It looses contrast with some colors and also the fact that it overlays with a paler version of the same color,
it gets to a ugly pastel color even if you want a intense color.

So just the track number having color would be a handy option
Quote:
Is there a way to not re-color this TCP area for tracks ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
I was thinking the same thing. You mean like only tint the number area and not the whole track area?
A quick and dirt "fix" is not hard to do, but I think it won't look good in all situations. Further tweaking would require some serious work.

https://i.imgur.com/StSgeoS.jpg

Last edited by White Tie; 11-29-2019 at 03:51 AM.
estux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:13 AM   #126
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by estux View Post
A quick and dirt "fix" is not hard to do, but I think it won't look good in all situations. Further tweaking would require some serious work.

https://i.imgur.com/StSgeoS.jpg
Wow this example is very good. Thats spot on. Extreme focus on commun work areas. I like it!
Sure its not perfect with contrasts but it solves the recoloring I mentionned.

How did you do this?
Old 11-29-2019, 05:36 AM   #127
estux

Probably not the right place for posting this, but you can achieve that by editing tcp_bg.png and tcp_bgsel.png

I have attached the files I am using.

I would really like to see some official support for this, I think it follows the design of the mixer (which I liked a lot the first time I saw it), it lets you focus on the controls and you still have the colored index as reference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Default_6.0_unpacked.zip (616 Bytes, 162 views)
Old 11-29-2019, 06:25 AM   #128
D Rocks

Quote:
Probably not the right place for posting this, but you can achieve that by editing tcp_bg.png and tcp_bgsel.png

I have attached the files I am using.

I would really like to see some official support for this, I think it follows the design of the mixer (which I liked a lot the first time I saw it), it lets you focus on the controls and you still have the colored index as reference.
Thanks, and I agree with you. The mixer is perfect I'm going to live in this window :P
What do you think about this White Tie, I'd like to read your view of this
Old 11-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #129
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglev View Post
1: is it possible to add some more options of showing/hiding elements of the different MCP layouts? Eg. hiding all elements but the fader for a nice VCA layout.

2: is it possible to add colors to the fader?

3: would it be possible to add more layouts than 3?

4: I would love an option to create some sort of separator to the TCP.
1) not impossible but nearly. All the layouts and all their options use a common set of images (no layout image folders) and are inter-selectable (narrow with sidebar etc). I have concentrated on making a single super-malleable layout that covers everything the theme does. This does not preclude modders from adding non-scripted layouts to do things like this, and I've set things up to make doing that as easy as possible. This will, I hope, prove to be a very easy to mod theme

2) No, Reaper can't do that.

3) Absolutely. I chose 3 as a reasonable compromise between complexity, flexibility and mental retainability (which apparently isn't a word) for the script, so we didn't need to get into a situation of naming layouts beyond just A/B/C, because I didn't want to get into rewriting files so that Reaper would know that layout names had changed. This is, after all, my first script ever. The theme, however, can have as many layouts as you like. You, or modders, will be able to go nuts if you're okay with the kind of theme tweaking that was done in all previous themes.

4) I played with this, but it was horrible. They only exist on the panel itself, Reaper fills the full height of the track in the arrange, so actually all its doing is forcing you to lose some of your TCP panel height. Nice in theory, reaaallly annoying in practice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Is there a way to make the master mixer smaller/thinner?
No, I haven't added that. Should be fairly straightforward for a modder if you're okay losing some meter width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batcat View Post
When Master track is visible but not selected in the TCP it has the exact same dark color as the surroundings and blends with the toolbar above it.
Shouldn't it be a dark border around it, or a darker color for the Master track? Also, in the MCP, the Master track color blends in with the track next to it without any border separating them when scrolling tracks.
Making the Master track a bit darker would solve this.

I would prefer if the B layout for the TCP/MCP option was the default. It's the only one that I feel comfortable using.

-It would be very nice to select individual tracks for the various "add border" options in the MCP, not just for all A,B or C tracks. Separators for the TCP/MCP tracks would be great, with adjustable width

Is it possible to adjust and change the track fader meter color, from default green to two gradient colors of choice in the theme editor or elsewhere?
The Master track colouring is to indicate that the master track isn't really a track, its an overall project thing, users from some other DAWs sometimes struggle with this.

If you prefer layout B as your default, you can set that in the Screensets/Layouts window. Or just use the script to make Layout A's settings the same as layout B.

The idea with the borders is to provide the functionality of separator tracks without all the dangers and downsides that come from using them in Reaper. You can either have the script do auto-border, or you can task one of your 3 layouts be your 'track with a separator before it' and manually assign it to the appropriate tracks.

Changing the meter colours for a post-V5 theme is trivially easy, you just copy the meter image files from one theme to the other, they are all inter-compatible.

Quote:
Also, the TCP values disappear at a certain height:
Indeed. If there's not enough room for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson View Post
WT, do you know that some plugins are not scaling up?
See image: left is plugin opened in Reaper and right is plugin opened stand alone (outside of Reaper)
That's a Reaper thing, not a me thing, so you'll need to talk to the real programmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson View Post
As you can see the ' line' is clear to see and there are shadows to give the knob more depth. I also like the outside ' ring' indicating the position, making it more clear at what position the knob is.

@WT, would it be possible to have an option to place the time ruler at the bottom of the arrange view instead of the top?
I use the code lines for knobs wherever possible, because they are infinite resolution and don't use any memory ...this is a sensible policy for the default theme. I only use bitmap stacks on the sends/params because the code ones are so very very awful

Reaper doesn't let you move the time ruler, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
Sometimes some little green points appear
I can't replicate that, but you should certainly report it in the main Reaper thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
When I try any of the layout options lower than 100%, there is no change.
The 50% and 75% layouts aren't real; they are the 100% and 150% layouts for users for whom 200% is the 'normal' layout. And they don't get any bigger layouts. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
This dialog is fixed with rc8. thanks
Excellent. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
What do you think about this White Tie, I'd like to read your view of this
In the V5 theme I did this, and provided alternate background images to swap out so users could have a choice of how much of the custom colour showed in that area.

Since previous themes exist, I don't consider it essential to my strategy that I retain features from previous themes if they get in the way of new features that users are asking for. This is just such a case; to add full strength custom colours and variable folder indenting would mean I would need to remove this even as an option. I chose to do so. Sorry.

Quote:
I haven't checked you files, but I assume this breaks when folder indenting is added. Cost of the other features, I'm afraid.

I have come up with at way to do this, but its hack-tacular and would be very inappropriate for the default theme. The old themers' favorite of hanging huge things off idx_bg could make this happen, but the extra bit would need to mask an area as big as you might ever expect a TCP panel to be. Which on HiDPI would be very big indeed. But it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
How do I get the meter to the top of the mixer in 6.0, like the old "strip" layout in 5.0?
I didn't do the strip layouts because they didn't fit in with the 'single layout' strategy, and because they're not very popular. They would be pretty easy for a modder to add, though.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #130
D Rocks

Thanks for your feedbacks WT

1. I had an idea which might help defining TCP tracks dimensions here's on the left the current state and on the right just added a 1 pixel line that separates them:
https://i.imgur.com/AFfebbX.png
Example on larger tcp model:
https://i.imgur.com/O3wYuGD.png
What do you think about it ?

2. I think the track's meters in the mixer window should have the same pixel width separation as the master track.
Look at how easier it is to see the numbers on the master track scale vs the regular track.
The master has a 1px separator vs the reg track has a 2-3 px sep.
https://i.imgur.com/QijVeuF.png
While we're on this topic, would it help if the pixel separation was not as dark as the scale's numbers ?

Last edited by White Tie; 11-29-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: removed embedded images
D Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #131
estux

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I haven't checked you files, but I assume this breaks when folder indenting is added. Cost of the other features, I'm afraid.

I have come up with at way to do this, but its hack-tacular and would be very inappropriate for the default theme. The old themers' favorite of hanging huge things off idx_bg could make this happen, but the extra bit would need to mask an area as big as you might ever expect a TCP panel to be. Which on HiDPI would be very big indeed. But it would work.
Yeah, they do indeed, and yes, I have seen that idx_bg hack in some themes while I was learning how theming works (pretty WTF moment BTW). To be hones I don't want to go that route....

To me it sounds like this should be fixed/allowed/improved in reaper itself and not handled by the themes. Trying to fix things at theme level makes things difficult and hard to maintain over the time.

For now I am going to tweak the default theme a bit and live with the consequences of doing it, but I truly believe that development should focus on UI/UX things for a while.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #132
Peevy

Default 125% Theme option?

Is version 6 not going to come with a 125% theme option? Because even using the 150% option only leaves room for 19 tracks in the mixer, especially with the extremely huge master track.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:47 AM   #133
mykrobinson

@White Tie, to your knowledge, will we be able to call upon functions from the script with SWS Auto Layout? For example, if we want to have sidebars for folder tracks?
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #134
Inglev

Quote:
2) No, Reaper can't do that.
By that, do you mean that the script can't handle switching of image files? If that's the case I understand completely. Then I'll just have to do some light modding.

I had something like this in mind:

Inglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #135
poetnprophet

hi thanks for the reply. here is some more behavior, seems weird, not sure if intentional the way the mute and solo shift, the track box changes, the values pop in and out, etc.

poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #136
Peevy

Default Master track Meter

Another thing I've noticed lately is how the master track meter has no separation from other tracks when displayed at the right side:

See how it overlaps with the track beside it almost giving the impression that it's meters are even further extended. I think it needs some kind of border down the left side. But PLEASE don't make the master track any bigger than it already is.

While we're on that note could you please reconsider changing the size of the master track it is IMO unnecessarily huge.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:41 AM   #137
xpander

Quote:
here is some more behavior, seems weird, not sure if intentional the way the mute and solo shift, the track box changes, the values pop in and out, etc.
Since mute and solo have to be visible all the time, their placing must shift, unless you are suggesting they'd stay side-by-side regardless of the track height. For me current way seems fine. Or are you talking about their actual order?

Volume and pan values go in and out depending on the space available. They are on the same row, so if some other element takes space from either one when the track height is adjusted, they both hide. They could jump horizontally in those cases, current way keeps their placing constant and appearance synced; you can either not see them at all or see them both and always in the same corners. When the track width is adjusted, appearance of volume overrides the pan, which seems natural to me.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #138
YuriOl

Hello! Please tell me how to swap the button Solo and Mute in tcp and mcp panels?
YuriOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #139
juliansader

* When minimizing the Master TCP, the bottoms of the Solo button and Volume fader are obscured.

* When increasing track heights, the Pan and Width values do not remain next to their knobs.

* The TCP Routing button is somewhat gaudy compared to the other TCP components. I suggest that the "Route" text can be removed completely, similar to the equivalent button in the MCP, since the latter looks more elegant.

* When increasing the height of a TCP to view Track Controls, the controls only appear when there is enough space for two. Is it possible to view a single track control?

* Currently, track controls are arranged vertically, on top of each other, so the track height must be opened quite a lot to view multiple controls. Would it be possible to arrange the track controls horizontally?

* It would be useful to have a track layout consisting only of track controls (or with track control above all other components), such as this example from several years ago:

EDIT: On the Master track MCP, the Route button does not have text; on the MCPs of other tracks, it does have text. I suggest removing the text from all Route buttons. (The lack of text is unlikely to confuse new users for more than a few seconds. The meaning of the vertical bars, on the other hand, is quite unclear.)

Last edited by juliansader; 12-01-2019 at 05:08 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #140
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Since mute and solo have to be visible all the time, their placing must shift, unless you are suggesting they'd stay side-by-side regardless of the track height. For me current way seems fine. Or are you talking about their actual order?

Volume and pan values go in and out depending on the space available. They are on the same row, so if some other element takes space from either one when the track height is adjusted, they both hide. They could jump horizontally in those cases, current way keeps their placing constant and appearance synced; you can either not see them at all or see them both and always in the same corners. When the track width is adjusted, appearance of volume overrides the pan, which seems natural to me.
Yes I am suggesting they stay the rows when the track expands. I'm also suggesting the track box doesn't change size (should be same issue) and values are more consistent.

It looks weird and messy to be honest, and I'm not seeing any other reason for it to do that. There's room for the values both with the track box before and after sizes, but no reason for it to change other than to match the space for mute solo. Which dont need to stack like that to begin with.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #141
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain
Default TCP : giving priority to displayed items

In the Theme adjuster You can some icons to be "HIDDEN", but not "VISIBLE", so there is no way to tell the Theme Adjuster that, for instance, i want to SEE the panning knob (whatever the mixer is visible or not), but i don't care about the routing icon.

Unless I am missing something, you can not give a priority or reorganize the elements being displayed by the TCP. For instance, I do care a lot about being able to tweak the panning from the TCP, but i do not need to see the routing all the time. I wish i could tell to the Theme adjuster to "always show" panning, and "if the size allows" only, display routing, with panning being more important to show than routing.

I wish the user could setup "priority rules" for the items to be displayed, according to their needs. For instance, it would be great if, in the Theme adjuster panel, dragging the PANNING icon above the ROUTING icon could give "higher display priority" to the panning, and a lower display priority to the routing.
Or, it would be nice if, instead of only "Always Hide", we could have a toggle "always hide / always show" (At the moment, clicking in a row of the panel only allows for "hide").

(first discussion here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....28#post2208728)
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:03 AM   #142
estux

There is a discrepancy in the drop shadow of the Mute and Solo buttons, it is specially visible when they are laid out horizontally.

BTW, may I ask which theme item/color is responsible of the dark background color here?

Last edited by estux; 12-01-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:49 AM   #143
timboid

Is this an expected behavior? The plugin controls embedded on the track are not visible when the track is selected.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-12-01_14-44-29.png (12.6 KB, 210 views)
File Type: png 2019-12-01_14-44-48.png (12.6 KB, 213 views)
timboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:23 AM   #144
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
Is version 6 not going to come with a 125% theme option? Because even using the 150% option only leaves room for 19 tracks in the mixer, especially with the extremely huge master track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
could you please reconsider changing the size of the master track it is IMO unnecessarily huge.
That is correct, the sizes are 100/150/200%. If you're short on space at 150%, you could try using 100% or the narrow form mixer that can be enabled using the script.

The mixer master track is 1px wider than it was in V5 (HiDPI is easier with even numbered dimensions!) so I suspect you're seeing something different; could you do a screenshot please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
@White Tie, to your knowledge, will we be able to call upon functions from the script with SWS Auto Layout? For example, if we want to have sidebars for folder tracks?
I don't see why not. The script alters the appearance of the layouts, but to Reaper they appear as normal layouts just like any other theme.

Quote:
By that, do you mean that the script can't handle switching of image files? If that's the case I understand completely. Then I'll just have to do some light modding.
That is correct. The script functionality cannot access alternate image folders, which themes only allow for different layouts, and the script cannot change one layout to point at a different layout* To get around this, and also to minimise RAM load (particularly now we have every image duplicated in 3 different sizes) I set myself the goal of making the entire theme using a single set of images that change and adapt to do the multitude of different appearances.

Being only a single set of images also means that modders will have a much easier time doing total modification of the appearance of the theme.

*To be completely accurate, a script could do all kinds of things like rewriting WALTER code and moving images around, on an unpacked theme, by actually moving or altering files. There's no way I was going to get into that whole mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriOl View Post
Hello! Please tell me how to swap the button Solo and Mute in tcp and mcp panels?
I've not included the ability to easily do that, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
* When minimizing the Master TCP, the bottoms of the Solo button and Volume fader are obscured.

* When maximizing the Master TCP, the Pan and Width values do not remain next to their knobs.
Thanks, I don't know how that got changed but you're not supposed to be able to make the TCP master that small. Fixed!

As in V5, the Pan and Width values glue to the right edge. Please see my reply here for the explanation why.

Quote:
* When increasing the height of a TCP to view Track Controls, the controls only appear when there is enough space for two. Is it possible to view a single track control?

* Currently, track controls are arranged vertically, on top of each other, so the track height must be opened quite a lot to view multiple controls. Would it be possible to arrange the track controls horizontally?
The track controls area is auto-populated by Reaper, I don't have control over these things at a theme level.

Quote:
* It would be useful to have a track layout consisting only of track controls (or with track control above all other components), such as this example from several years ago:

This is Layout A, no alterations. Is this not what you're seeing, could you do a screenshot please?

Quote:
not sure if intentional the way the mute and solo shift, the track box changes, the values pop in and out, etc.
Quote:
...but no reason for it to change other than to match the space for mute solo. Which dont need to stack like that to begin with.
See my reply here for the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Unless I am missing something, you can not give a priority or reorganize the elements being displayed by the TCP. For instance, I do care a lot about being able to tweak the panning from the TCP, but i do not need to see the routing all the time. I wish i could tell to the Theme adjuster to "always show" panning, and "if the size allows" only, display routing, with panning being more important to show than routing.

I wish the user could setup "priority rules" for the items to be displayed, according to their needs. For instance, it would be great if, in the Theme adjuster panel, dragging the PANNING icon above the ROUTING icon could give "higher display priority" to the panning, and a lower display priority to the routing.
As you note, since the theme hides things based on their order, so the ability to re-order elements is the defacto way to change their appearance priority. This can indeed be done, and even easier than it could in V5, just not as easily as the things that can be changed using the script. The script cannot reorder elements because of an inherent limitation in the way that WALTER works.

If you ever messed with the the 'User mess with this' settings in V5 (Kenny video) it is now even simpler. Each layout has a section like this:

Code:
;    element        	size  		padding?
then tcp.recarm 	20 		0
then tcp.recmon 	15 		0
then tcp.label	 tcp_LabelSize		0
then tcp.volume     tcp_VolSize 	0
then tcp.io 		34 		1
then fx_group 		36 		1
then tcp.env 		41 		1
then pan_group	   tcp_PanSize		1
then tcp.recmode 	39 		1
then input_group    tcp_InSize		1
which instructs the 'then' macro to arrange things in the order it gets them. So if, for example, you wanted the pan controls straight after the tcp label, you would simply edit that to be:

Code:
then tcp.recarm 	20 		0
then tcp.recmon 	15 		0
then tcp.io 		34 		1
then fx_group 		36 		1
then tcp.env 		41 		1
then tcp.recmode 	39 		1
then input_group   tcp_InSize		1
The script and everything else would could continue to work as normal. So if you didn't have Pan set to hide, it wouldn't while there was room to draw it in your new order.

Quote:
There is a discrepancy in the drop shadow of the Mute and Solo buttons, it is specially visible when they are laid out horizontally.

BTW, may I ask which theme item/color is responsible of the dark background color here?
Yes indeed, thank you! Fixed.

That colour is a combination of track BGs and other element images that lie over the BGs.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:28 AM   #145
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboid View Post
Is this an expected behavior? The plugin controls embedded on the track are not visible when the track is selected.
Yes, but only because Layout A has the Labels&Values set to hide when a track is unselected, which at the specific track height you have there leaves just enough room to fit the track controls area in ...I don't get to define what size that is, BTW.

Your options are to either turn off Labels&Values for selected tracks (using the script) or to make your tracks heights a little taller.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:08 AM   #146
Breeder

One thing I never really understood is why MIDI editor background in default themes never matches the rest of the interface.

Notice the scrollbars and surrounding gray area in MIDI editor when compared to rest of the interface.
https://stash.reaper.fm/37636/Screen...2014.04.16.png

Last edited by White Tie; 12-01-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: removed screenshot embedding
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #147
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Its because the coloured areas in Reaper are shared between many different windows, often in unexpected ways.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:57 AM   #148
sinkmusic

Quote:
As you note, since the theme hides things based on their order, so the ability to re-order elements is the defacto way to change their appearance priority. This can indeed be done, and even easier than it could in V5, just not as easily as the things that can be changed using the script. The script cannot reorder elements because of an inherent limitation in the way that WALTER works.

If you ever messed with the the 'User mess with this' settings in V5 (Kenny video) it is now even simpler. Each layout has a section like this:

Code:
then tcp.recarm 	20 		0
then tcp.recmon 	15 		0
then tcp.io 		34 		1
then fx_group 		36 		1
then tcp.env 		41 		1
then tcp.recmode 	39 		1
then input_group    tcp_InSize		1
which instructs the 'then' macro to arrange things in the order it gets them. So if, for example, you wanted the pan controls straight after the tcp label, you would simply edit that to be:

Code:
then tcp.recarm 	20 		0
then tcp.recmon 	15 		0
then tcp.io 		34 		1
then fx_group 		36 		1
then tcp.env 		41 		1
then tcp.recmode 	39 		1
then input_group   tcp_InSize		1
The script and everything else would could continue to work as normal. So if you didn't have Pan set to hide, it wouldn't while there was room to draw it in your new order.
Thank you, White Tie. I never occured to try modding a theme, but with these explanations, it seems quite easy. I will try
Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #149
blumpy

Default FX Windows and Title bars

I love the new theme and with only slight modifications have made a very nice darker version (track manager backgrounds etc, being darker, routing etc).

However the FX window backgrounds still cannot be changed and is blinding when opened in a dark theme. It would also be nice to have smaller and darker window title bar options throughout reaper. On my side screens I have a bunch of open windows, meters, mixers, routing, FX, etc and the windows title bars take up more space than needed... so a smaller option would be nice.

Last edited by blumpy; 12-01-2019 at 09:32 AM.
blumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #150
Breeder

Quote:
Its because the coloured areas in Reaper are shared between many different windows, often in unexpected ways.
I do remember I did change that grey thing in other themes but I do remember I also had to change other stuff so it goes with it (or I had to change the grey thing so it goes with other stuff), but I feel it's doable here too - I will definitely have a play with it.

I do remember things like windows background got broke then. Trouble is, I really like that grey in other dialogs because it helps reset the eyes after staring at the dark for too long. Compromises, compromises. I wonder if you could get the devs to help with the MIDI editor though - needs so little to make it completely integrated with the arrange.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #151
karbomusic

Does anyone know what I need to edit to get this transport more consolidated? I'd like everything squeezed to the center or left as being spread out like below is not working for me - looked at RT config and not sure and my "fix stuff" time is limited:

I need one of these:

Old 12-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #152
Javier Robledo

Default Theme Adjuster

Hi WT and Everyone ¡¡

Is it going to be possible to translate Theme Adjuster Script into another Language ?

Thanks for all your work ¡¡¡

Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #153
Inglev

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Does anyone know what I need to edit to get this transport more consolidated? I'd like everything squeezed to the center or left as being spread out like below is not working for me - looked at RT config and not sure and my "fix stuff" time is limited:
+1 to this
Inglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #154
sinkmusic

Quote:
+1 to this
+2, idem
Old 12-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #155
dub3000

Minor theme issue report - they go here? Apologies if not.

Min height for Master track in TCP is slightly off (?)

Win 10
3840x2160
Windows scaling 175%
Default settings (?)

Pic "r_before": Open Reaper
Pic "r_after": Hit 'shift 2' to shrink tracks to minimum size
Issue: Bottom of fader is cut off.
Attached Images
File Type: png r_after.png (28.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: png r_before.png (29.3 KB, 205 views)
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #156
SmajjL

Quote:

I need one of these:

If you dock the transport on top then you can dock a toolbar next to it and then you can use the boundary of the two to compress the transport and utilize the space better anyway.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #157
karbomusic

Thanks but has to be on the bottom because that is where my muscle memory lives and where I want the transport to be.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #158
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
I wonder if you could get the devs to help with the MIDI editor though - needs so little to make it completely integrated with the arrange.
I highly concur! Please devs, give this a nice overhaul.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #159
SmajjL

Quote:
Thanks but has to be on the bottom because that is where my muscle memory lives and where I want the transport to be.
Ok, SmajjL went on top as soon as we got that docking option years ago and if you put My transport on default or below, then I can relate to the muscle mem thingie, so i'm lucky.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #160
Jae.Thomas

will we have this type of graphical interface for adjusting:

- all themes (will there be a template made available for themers)?
- more parts like the midi editor, etc ?
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote