Old 01-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #1281
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
OK, you guys win - I'll test another couple of TCP fader designs tomorrow :¨)
I actually meant for the MCP! I like what you ended up doing for the TCP (although I see Ben's point as well). Was just looking for a silver MCP fader so the aesthetic was similar if you are using that TCP layout.

Also don't know if my vote counts, but I would vote for a separator tracks as well. I make frequent use of them in iLogic and would miss having them. Ok, running and hiding now lol...
Klangfarben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #1282
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
I actually meant for the MCP! I like what you ended up doing for the TCP (although I see Ben's point as well). Was just looking for a silver MCP fader so the aesthetic was similar if you are using that TCP layout.

Also don't know if my vote counts, but I would vote for a separator tracks as well. I make frequent use of them in iLogic and would miss having them. Ok, running and hiding now lol...
Smooth has MCP separators, all in the first post.

Ah I see. I love the MCP faders, they're staying. I may try another version but honestly it's not high on the priority list - 1080p version needs doing :¨)
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #1283
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,240
Default

Hi can you tell me if there is a "narrow" option for MCP track size?
If so, does it have a fader?
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #1284
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Smooth has MCP separators, all in the first post.

Ah I see. I love the MCP faders, they're staying. I may try another version but honestly it's not high on the priority list - 1080p version needs doing :¨)
But not TCP seperators? That's actually where I use them the most.

And no worries. I know the to do list is long and distinguished!
Klangfarben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #1285
Ben Zero
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
OK, you guys win - I'll test another couple of TCP fader designs tomorrow :¨)
You are da man, b0se!
__________________
using REAPER professionally since 2006.
Ben Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #1286
mpr3
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Yes, you can tweak those via the Theme Tweaker (hit SHIFT + ? then type in tweaker to find it). The colours are all in there, Window BG, Window List BG etc. I don't know which is which so you'll have to trial and error it :¨)
Forgot to say thanks for pointing me to this. I will attempt to dive in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
That screenshot from Mark pointed out another way people use Reaper that I hadn't seen.
Yea I love those region windows while mastering for a number of reasons: song title, song sequence, song length, jump to song, and song render to name a few.

The screenshot I shared was from a rare 2 song day. Most days those windows are full of regions from an EP / LP (and often instrumental versions of every song on the album), so having those windows present is a luxury time saver.

I love mastering in Reaper and now even more so thanks to your hard work.
mpr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #1287
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi can you tell me if there is a "narrow" option for MCP track size?
If so, does it have a fader?
Yes, you can select narrow MCP via the Theme Adjuster.

Dial only, I'm hoping to get help with a fader version as it's beyond my WALTER knowledge. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
But not TCP seperators? That's actually where I use them the most.

And no worries. I know the to do list is long and distinguished!
No TCP separators. In all honestly, I can't see the point - that's why you have coloured tracks :¨)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr3 View Post
Forgot to say thanks for pointing me to this. I will attempt to dive in soon.

Yea I love those region windows while mastering for a number of reasons: song title, song sequence, song length, jump to song, and song render to name a few.

The screenshot I shared was from a rare 2 song day. Most days those windows are full of regions from an EP / LP (and often instrumental versions of every song on the album), so having those windows present is a luxury time saver.

I love mastering in Reaper and now even more so thanks to your hard work.
Glad you're enjoying it!

I've started work on a dark alternative theme option:



Not perfect on OSX as you need Mojave/dark mode enabled to theme the table header, input and dropdowns. If you can enable dark mode it'll look even better.
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:25 AM   #1288
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Yes, you can select narrow MCP via the Theme Adjuster.

Dial only, I'm hoping to get help with a fader version as it's beyond my WALTER knowledge. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though.
I wish I could help but my WALTER skills are not up to the task.

And, besides, before we even get to WALTER, the design needs to be addressed and decisions made regarding certain compromises.


I think all the people here asking for a narrow mode MCP layout which uses a fader instead of a knob need to sit back for a moment and think about what they are asking for.
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:42 AM   #1289
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I wish I could help but my WALTER skills are not up to the task.

And, besides, before we even get to WALTER, the design needs to be addressed and decisions made regarding certain compromises.


I think all the people here asking for a narrow mode MCP layout which uses a fader instead of a knob need to sit back for a moment and think about what they are asking for.
Yes, it's not as easy as you'd imagine. If only it were a simple toggle :¨)
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:43 AM   #1290
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
Which theme is that? I love the Tron style backlit icons
It’s a WIP theme loosely based on FL Studio that I’m currently working on.

Edit: I should mention that it’s also inspired by b0se’s excellent work on this theme. =)
__________________

Last edited by Mordi; 01-15-2020 at 03:50 AM.
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:01 AM   #1291
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,122
Default

This is the most important part of my previous post:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
And, besides, before we even get to WALTER, the design needs to be addressed and decisions made regarding certain compromises.
What I am trying to say, not very successfully it seems, is that these compromises need to be discussed, in great detail, and not just "hey! I want a narrow MCP track with a fader!"


for instance, define "Narrow"

button arrangement

what buttons can disappear but still leave the MCP track usable
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:06 AM   #1292
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Itís a WIP theme loosely based on FL Studio that Iím currently working on.

Edit: I should mention that itís also inspired by b0seís excellent work on this theme. =)
Which was itself inspired by your mod of Fusion! :¨) Fell in love with the TCP o that, and not being able to make them work in HiDPI is the *entire* reason Smooth was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
This is the most important part of my previous post:-



What I am trying to say, not very successfully it seems, is that these compromises need to be discussed, in great detail, and not just "hey! I want a narrow MCP track with a fader!"


for instance, define "Narrow"

button arrangement

what buttons can disappear but still leave the MCP track usable
Yup! Exactly. Although step 1 would be fader for dial. I might give it a play (AKA hack and hope) later, just working on the dialog sliders atm.
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:51 AM   #1293
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Which was itself inspired by your mod of Fusion! :¨) Fell in love with the TCP o that, and not being able to make them work in HiDPI is the *entire* reason Smooth was born.
Thatís awesome! Glad to hear it. =>

I was actually considering remaking Fusion in 4k, but the FL idea has been bouncing around in my head for months.
__________________
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:53 AM   #1294
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Thatís awesome! Glad to hear it. =>

I was actually considering remaking Fusion in 4k, but the FL idea has been bouncing around in my head for months.
I think it's more satisfying to start from scratch and create your own thing too. Really enjoyed designing Smooth from a blank canvas, rather than tweaking from another theme.
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:57 AM   #1295
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I think it's more satisfying to start from scratch and create your own thing too. Really enjoyed designing Smooth from a blank canvas, rather than tweaking from another theme.
Even more satisfyingly is building WALTER from the ground up...
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:59 AM   #1296
Ideosound
Human being with feelings
 
Ideosound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: U.K
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

I've started work on a dark alternative theme option:



Not perfect on OSX as you need Mojave/dark mode enabled to theme the table header, input and dropdowns. If you can enable dark mode it'll look even better.
This is fantastic! You really are going the extra length to make sure this theme is looking great in the many and various ways in which both OSX and Win users have Reaper configured.

Some further dark mode good news is whilst some plugins will break, you can right-click a plugin and run it in bridge mode (under the 'run as' menu on mac) then 'separate process' or 'dedicated process'. It will run as a pop up window and won't crash/hang anymore. Then please report this to manufacturers so hopefully those plugs will get fixed natively. Can't wait to try this in dark mode when the 1080 version goes live!
Ideosound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #1297
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Even more satisfyingly is building WALTER from the ground up...
Yeah ultimate control would be cool, but the Theme Adjuster works for me, I think that has a lot of value as people can tweak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
This is fantastic! You really are going the extra length to make sure this theme is looking great in the many and various ways in which both OSX and Win users have Reaper configured.

Some further dark mode good news is whilst some plugins will break, you can right-click a plugin and run it in bridge mode (under the 'run as' menu on mac) then 'separate process' or 'dedicated process'. It will run as a pop up window and won't crash/hang anymore. Then please report this to manufacturers so hopefully those plugs will get fixed natively. Can't wait to try this in dark mode when the 1080 version goes live!
If you're gonna do something...
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:51 AM   #1298
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

How did b0se achieve this partly tinted tcp_bg? Some kind of overlay image trick perhaps?
https://m.imgur.com/bY1lXSE
__________________
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #1299
Odys
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Its pink line fu around transparent part so it doesn't stretch.
Odys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 AM   #1300
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
How did b0se achieve this partly tinted tcp_bg? Some kind of overlay image trick perhaps?
https://m.imgur.com/bY1lXSE
Transparency and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
Its pink line fu.
:¨)
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #1301
ferropop
Human being with feelings
 
ferropop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
Default

b0se is the 1080p version a huge undertaking, or more a case of just scaling existing assets? Just curious!
ferropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #1302
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
b0se is the 1080p version a huge undertaking, or more a case of just scaling existing assets? Just curious!
It's a huge undertaking because of the scaling, it has to be done per image.
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #1303
Ideosound
Human being with feelings
 
Ideosound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: U.K
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
It's a huge undertaking because of the scaling, it has to be done per image.
Would it help if I attempted to re-scale some of the images? I have Affinity Designer and Photo since I dropped creative cloud. Would just need to know the process involved so it was done correctly as you need them to be.....

Is it a case of loading a set of normal 1080 Reaper images into image software and then dropping in say one of your images as the top layer, rescaling proportionally and keeping the pink edge /boundary lines etc on the background where they are needed?
Ideosound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #1304
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Slider done, works for both modes.

Light:



Dark:

__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #1305
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Would it help if I attempted to re-scale some of the images? I have Affinity Designer and Photo since I dropped creative cloud. Would just need to know the process involved so it was done correctly as you need them to be.....

Is it a case of loading a set of normal 1080 Reaper images into image software and then dropping in say one of your images as the top layer, rescaling proportionally and keeping the pink edge /boundary lines etc on the background where they are needed?
Help would be appreciated, very kind of you to offer. Nait is on board, three would be faster than two!

Can affinity save as PSD? I'd need access to them for final tweaking...
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #1306
Ideosound
Human being with feelings
 
Ideosound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: U.K
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Help would be appreciated, very kind of you to offer. Nait is on board, three would be faster than two!

Can affinity save as PSD? I'd need access to them for final tweaking...
Just checked, yes it can....
Ideosound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #1307
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Just checked, yes it can....
Sweet, I'll send you a test image :¨)

Can you PM me your email addy?
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #1308
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Anyone know why these aren't being themed by the gen_vol slider stuff?



:|
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #1309
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Anyone know why these aren't being themed by the gen_vol slider stuff?



:|
gen_panthumb_horz
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #1310
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
gen_panthumb_horz
Thanks Andy!



__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:53 AM   #1311
Odys
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
It's a huge undertaking because of the scaling, it has to be done per image.
But is it just about images ?

I don't think they're the reason for fonts going ape ... poop.
Odys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #1312
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
But is it just about images ?

I don't think they're the reason for fonts going ape ... poop.
Fonts are the easy bit! :¨)
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #1313
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Would it help if I attempted to re-scale some of the images? I have Affinity Designer and Photo since I dropped creative cloud. Would just need to know the process involved so it was done correctly as you need them to be.....

Is it a case of loading a set of normal 1080 Reaper images into image software and then dropping in say one of your images as the top layer, rescaling proportionally and keeping the pink edge /boundary lines etc on the background where they are needed?
I've looked into this in Affinity Designer lately, and the process is super-smooth for images that do not need pink/yellow lines, as you just need to tell it to create an extra export at whatever scale you need.

In the cases where pink/yellow is needed, I found that you mostly need to do it manually. The one saving grace is that Affinity has "constraint groups", which lets you scale the image while still retaining a 1px width of the pink lines - which makes it fairly quick.

Just throwing this out there, since I happened to have looked into it lately. =P
__________________
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #1314
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
The one saving grace is that Affinity has "constraint groups", which lets you scale the image while still retaining a 1px width of the pink lines
Interesting... I will have to have a look into that...

thanks
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #1315
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

Don't mean to spam the thread with off-topic, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
Its pink line fu around transparent part so it doesn't stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Transparency and this...
I get the pink lines part, but what I don't get is the transparency part. If I make my tcp_bg transparent, it just turns black.

Maybe there's some color setting I'm missing?
__________________
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #1316
Odys
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Is transparency on ? On the png ?
Odys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #1317
tonybeepbeep
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Itís a WIP theme loosely based on FL Studio that Iím currently working on.

Edit: I should mention that itís also inspired by b0seís excellent work on this theme. =)
Ser knallbra ut!
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #1318
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
Is transparency on ? On the png ?
Yep, transparency is enabled in the PNG-file itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
Ser knallbra ut!
Takk for det. =) Sjekk trŚden her.
__________________
Mordi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #1319
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,921
Default

Peoples !

For me, Toolbar buttons do not have borders in this great Theme.
Is this normal ?
Would like to see Toolbar buttons with borders around them...if possible.

I am on OSX Catalina, latest Reaper version, latest version of Smooth 6.
__________________
Reaper - OSX (always latest version)
OSX Catalina (always latest version)
My Reaper Tips&Tricks: https://www.youtube.com/user/vanhaze2000/playlists
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #1320
b0se
Human being with feelings
 
b0se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Peoples !

For me, Toolbar buttons do not have borders in this great Theme.
Is this normal ?
Would like to see Toolbar buttons with borders around them...if possible.

I am on OSX Catalina, latest Reaper version, latest version of Smooth 6.
I tried toolbar icon buttons at one point but had a scaling problem, the pink lines were being ignored ad the edges were blurry.

Plus I don't fancy editing every toolbar icon :¨)
__________________
Smooth V6 1080P/HiDPI Theme
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.