Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-28-2020, 10:23 PM   #9841
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by famous beagle View Post
Thanks for the tip, but I didn't do that. That's the way it always shows up when I download it and unzip it. (And I've downloaded it several times!)

Nevertheless, I just renamed the folder "CSI," and I'm still getting the same thing.
Hmmm...

When I download and unzip CSI beta.zip, I get this for contents:
CSI folder
reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll
reaper_csurf_integrator32.dll
reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib

Sounds like you are putting the whole CSI beta.zip folder in the resource path -- should be just the CSI folder that is contained within CSI beta.zip.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #9842
Pompeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeysie View Post
1. Is there a way to disable lights on a unit that are normally on by default to help show which buttons/encoders are setup to control particular functions (in this case, FX)?

2. Is TrackPan working? How do I use it?

Thanks

Simon
This probably got lost in the conversation. Anyone?

Thanks

S
Pompeysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:21 AM   #9843
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, but I didn't do that. That's the way it always shows up when I download it and unzip it. (And I've downloaded it several times!)
Are you putting the whole unzipped folder in the resource path or just the CSI folder it contains?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:29 AM   #9844
Equitone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, CSI can do those things with the appropriate .mst and .zon files.

What would you like to do, specifically ?
Geoff,
It looks like you don't need a pointy clicky editor to edit parameters, i.e. .zon files etc. Just open them up in notepad, and away you go. On looking at the documentation, it looks to me as if I could configure CSI to set controls for exposed parameters in Reaper.
I'm progressing withthe documentation, and all the things I need to do, i.e. transport, markers, and manipulating plugin parameters are all possible. The only thing missing is the ability to speak button names when they are pressed, but I recognize that this is probably outside the scope of this project
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:30 AM   #9845
Funkybot

Quote:
1. Is there a way to disable lights on a unit that are normally on by default to help show which buttons/encoders are setup to control particular functions (in this case, FX)?

2. Is TrackPan working? How do I use it?

Thanks

Simon
1. If you're trying to override a button/light state in your fx.zon you can experiment with using "dummy" actions. For instance, I set parameter 999 and send a dark blue light to MF Twister for any unmapped encoders. You can see an example here:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...in-fxzon-files

...Now you may need the RGB feedback piece (unless you have the MFTwister and are trying to do the same thing) but you may be have luck with the dummy action.

2. TrackPan should just work and be assigned to your encoder. What surface/zone are you using? Might need to look at your .zon file and/or .mst.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #9846
famous beagle

Quote:
Hmmm...

When I download and unzip CSI beta.zip, I get this for contents:
CSI folder
reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll
reaper_csurf_integrator32.dll
reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib

Sounds like you are putting the whole CSI beta.zip folder in the resource path -- should be just the CSI folder that is contained within CSI beta.zip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey
Are you putting the whole unzipped folder in the resource path or just the CSI folder it contains?
Yes, that's exactly what I was doing.

And that seems to have been the issue. I'm now seeing "Home Page" on the left panel and several surfaces on the right panel.

Thanks y'all. I'll carry on now.
famous beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:41 AM   #9847
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I was doing.

And that seems to have been the issue. I'm now seeing "Home Page" on the left panel and several surfaces on the right panel.

Thanks y'all. I'll carry on now.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #9848
Pompeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
1. If you're trying to override a button/light state in your fx.zon you can experiment with using "dummy" actions. For instance, I set parameter 999 and send a dark blue light to MF Twister for any unmapped encoders. You can see an example here:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...in-fxzon-files

...Now you may need the RGB feedback piece (unless you have the MFTwister and are trying to do the same thing) but you may be have luck with the dummy action.

2. TrackPan should just work and be assigned to your encoder. What surface/zone are you using? Might need to look at your .zon file and/or .mst.
Thanks. I'm using the X-Touch Mini. The encoders have one colour LEDs around them. They are either on or off so I have no idea if you workaround would work for this. Is it not possible to just send an off-state to the encoders LEDs?

Re. Trackpan, I'm just not sure what the syntax is. The Wiki is waiting for Geoff's content - https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea.../wiki/TrackPan.

S
Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 PM   #9849
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks. I'm using the X-Touch Mini. The encoders have one colour LEDs around them. They are either on or off so I have no idea if you workaround would work for this. Is it not possible to just send an off-state to the encoders LEDs?

Re. Trackpan, I'm just not sure what the syntax is. The Wiki is waiting for Geoff's content - https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea.../wiki/TrackPan.

S
Regarding the encoders: what exactly are you trying to do? What action will be assigned to the encoder? None? If none, then sending CSI a dummy action or a NoAction will probably turn the encoders off. If you want the encoders assigned to an FXParam but off, I'm not sure how to do that (queue MixMonkey with a solution in 3...2...).

For TrackPan, check this out (abbreviated from the MCU.zon file):

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Don't know if your surface has "RotaryPush" but if so, this will let you flip between Pan and PanWidth on each encoder. Will update the documentation.

If in doubt: check the included zones for examples.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 AM   #9850
Pompeysie

Default FX Parameters

Just z quick one, out of interest. Why is it, when using the "Show Params when FX Inserted" option do some FX output thousands of Midi CC parameters?

Also, when they do this, the top part of the output is often truncated which means one can't see the important part of the output.

S
Old 07-30-2020, 01:23 AM   #9851
Pompeysie

Quote:
Regarding the encoders: what exactly are you trying to do? What action will be assigned to the encoder? None? If none, then sending CSI a dummy action or a NoAction will probably turn the encoders off. If you want the encoders assigned to an FXParam but off, I'm not sure how to do that (queue MixMonkey with a solution in 3...2...).

For TrackPan, check this out (abbreviated from the MCU.zon file):

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Don't know if your surface has "RotaryPush" but if so, this will let you flip between Pan and PanWidth on each encoder. Will update the documentation.

If in doubt: check the included zones for examples.
Thanks, I'll have a play.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 AM   #9852
MixMonkey

Quote:
Just z quick one, out of interest. Why is it, when using the "Show Params when FX Inserted" option do some FX output thousands of Midi CC parameters?
This is usually seen in VST3 plugins, which are best avoided if possible as they seem to stop working randomly with CSI. VST2 is a better bet and doesn't usually have all those CCs.

Quote:
Also, when they do this, the top part of the output is often truncated which means one can't see the important part of the output.
This is a bug in the output window. Let me know the plugins your mapping and I'll try and get the param lists for you.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:46 AM   #9853
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Geoff,
It looks like you don't need a pointy clicky editor to edit parameters, i.e. .zon files etc. Just open them up in notepad, and away you go. On looking at the documentation, it looks to me as if I could configure CSI to set controls for exposed parameters in Reaper.
I'm progressing withthe documentation, and all the things I need to do, i.e. transport, markers, and manipulating plugin parameters are all possible. The only thing missing is the ability to speak button names when they are pressed, but I recognize that this is probably outside the scope of this project
Cool, sounds like you're making good progress.

As far as speaking the names, I have little experience in this area but I do have some thoughts that might help.

You might be able to get Reaper actions coded to speak each button.

You would need one action per button.

Then, just add the button - action pair to the .zon file.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:38 AM   #9854
Equitone

Quote:
Cool, sounds like you're making good progress.

As far as speaking the names, I have little experience in this area but I do have some thoughts that might help.

You might be able to get Reaper actions coded to speak each button.

You would need one action per button.

Then, just add the button - action pair to the .zon file.
I assume that your DLL must pick up the address of the button pressed, and by equating it to the .zon file, I couold build a dictionary, and I could write an action which basically throws out a string which is the name of the button to the relevant screen reader. A guy who was on here a while back buildt a very nice set of files for the X-Touch, but he's not been around since April. Trying to find latest version.
Many thanks for all your work with this,
David.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #9855
MalcolmG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemark View Post
I’m big on updating the documentation and hence I dig the initiative. I’d like to help. But perhaps we should have more of a consensus before we pull the trigger.

As I mentioned earlier, I use fx focus without the toggle thingy. Works fine. However, I realized what I had to do to get it to work. I was also stuck there for a while, and the docs did not help. But I solved it by editing the csi.ini file. I changed the part where it said something about fx focus (I’m on travel and do not remember the specifics). And then all worked fine.

Edit: I changed NoAutoMapFocusedFX to AutoMapFocusedFX

So apparently there are more than one way to skin a cat ...

My guess is that both ways modify the same csi state variable.

Thanks all for being helpful!

Hmmm, was about to update it, but I'll have a closer look today at what I'm doing in mine. Might be that we need to have different examples for the two(or more) approaches. Let me dig into it a bit more.

Thanks for writing it up Airon, it'll get used, I just want to investigate a bit before replacing what's there.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #9856
Cragster

hey guys. Mixmonkey (or anyone else).. am hoping you could help me out with a problem. i have an all in one plugin...with different modules...7 of them. its eq..2 compressors...gate...trans shaper ...etc. Mixmonkey you gave me this idea of subzones and intruction to map each module.and it worked beautifully for this plugin. long story short...its not work anymore and i cant figure out why. i call up the plugin and EQ is the first module mapped. it works fine but when i switch to the other modules it doesnt work. and they did all work before. all the modules come up on the display but the first one (eq) is the only one that i can control on the surface.its too much to explain everything but thers just alot of weird behavior also.i was hoping you guys (and hopfully mixmonkey since you helped me with this originally) could take a look at my files for this and see if you see anything wrong ?? and like i sad this did all work before.havnt used this plugin in a short while but im desperate. been trying to figure it out for a few days now. thanks in advance for giving it a look if you get time.A quick explain.....

I have platformM mapped strictly for fx. mixer button activates fxmenu. select buttons choose plugin...solo buttons are mapped to switch between the modules of Neutron3. and it all did work at one time. any guesses why it would all of sudden not work ?? thanks all
Attached Files
File Type: zip PlatformM_and_Neutron3.zip (8.1 KB, 136 views)
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:45 AM   #9857
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
I assume that your DLL must pick up the address of the button pressed, and by equating it to the .zon file, I couold build a dictionary, and I could write an action which basically throws out a string which is the name of the button to the relevant screen reader. A guy who was on here a while back buildt a very nice set of files for the X-Touch, but he's not been around since April. Trying to find latest version.
Many thanks for all your work with this,
David.
Yup, that's how I would envision it working.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:08 AM   #9858
Pompeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
hey guys. Mixmonkey (or anyone else).. am hoping you could help me out with a problem. i have an all in one plugin...with different modules...7 of them. its eq..2 compressors...gate...trans shaper ...etc. Mixmonkey you gave me this idea of subzones and intruction to map each module.and it worked beautifully for this plugin. long story short...its not work anymore and i cant figure out why. i call up the plugin and EQ is the first module mapped. it works fine but when i switch to the other modules it doesnt work. and they did all work before. all the modules come up on the display but the first one (eq) is the only one that i can control on the surface.its too much to explain everything but thers just alot of weird behavior also.i was hoping you guys (and hopfully mixmonkey since you helped me with this originally) could take a look at my files for this and see if you see anything wrong ?? and like i sad this did all work before.havnt used this plugin in a short while but im desperate. been trying to figure it out for a few days now. thanks in advance for giving it a look if you get time.A quick explain.....

I have platformM mapped strictly for fx. mixer button activates fxmenu. select buttons choose plugin...solo buttons are mapped to switch between the modules of Neutron3. and it all did work at one time. any guesses why it would all of sudden not work ?? thanks all
Is it a VST3 version? I hear there is a bug with CSI and VST3 plugins which means that they work intermittently.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:13 AM   #9859
Equitone

Quote:
Yup, that's how I would envision it working.
Geoff,

The best laid plans...
I envisaged writing an action in Python to achieve this, but every time I run the action, I need to import a speech module into python. That will significantly slow things up.
Having said that:
Currently, I use MIDIOx to capture what is pressed on my surface. Am I right in thinking that once I've the MIDI received from the surface, I can add this to the .zon file? Malcolm's documentation approaches this in a slightly different way, but for accessibility reasons, I can't use the method described in the documentation,
David.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:09 AM   #9860
Cragster

Quote:
Is it a VST3 version? I hear there is a bug with CSI and VST3 plugins which means that they work intermittently.
No not a VST3. And yes i know of that. Had that problem in the past. Thanks though. I know the ParentZone was talked about being changed but i dont think that happened yet. Besides im still using the old build
Old 07-31-2020, 06:26 AM   #9861
Funkybot

Quote:
No not a VST3. And yes i know of that. Had that problem in the past. Thanks though. I know the ParentZone was talked about being changed but i dont think that happened yet. Besides im still using the old build
Are you using the May 5th build or the April 27th build? Was it you that recently downgraded from May 5th to April 27th to get the toggle sends thing working? I'm wondering if the .zon might've worked in the newer build but not in the prior, whereas the sends work as expected in the prior but not the new one. Just pontificating about how something that used to work no longer does (i.e. the old 'something must've changed somewhere').
Old 07-31-2020, 07:20 AM   #9862
Cragster

Quote:
Are you using the May 5th build or the April 27th build? Was it you that recently downgraded from May 5th to April 27th to get the toggle sends thing working? I'm wondering if the .zon might've worked in the newer build but not in the prior, whereas the sends work as expected in the prior but not the new one. Just pontificating about how something that used to work no longer does (i.e. the old 'something must've changed somewhere').
Yes im on the build where the sends work. It wasnt me but i did chime in on that. But i will start there. Ill try a few builds back and the May 5th one. I believe im on the April 27th now. But i so lost track of what build i was on when the parentzone/module/all in one plugin thing did work. Did u happen to read my long post a few back ? I posted the files in question. But ill try some other builds first. I dont think its a zone file issue cause i havnt changed anything since it did work. But i might've changed builds. Idk like i said i easily lose track. This CSI is ever changing.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:45 AM   #9863
airon

Quote:
Now that's interesting. I've had some problems here too.

I've done a map for the VST3 of Fabfilter Pro-C2 on one of my Midi Fighter Twisters. Worked fine with lots of encoder parameter tweaking. The acceleration didn't work as expected btw. Slow and non-accelerating :P .

For the MFT all the fx are for the SelectedTrackNavigator

For the Faderport 16 I then proceded to make FIVE pages of parameters for the faders, all for the FocusedFXNavigator , within one file.

Just getting the parameter list bombed for the VST3 version. 87 parameters PLUS midi cc 0-127 for channels 0-15. I couldn't even select the text of the first 2000 parameters in the console output. The VST version of the plugin had the same parameters in the same order but without the midi cc parameters. Whew.

The framework is fine. I can call up the parameters on the faders, bank them with different zones, they display fine, the parameter values are controlled and display fine.... but they don't reach the plugin.

The plugin itself is NOT changed at all.

When I change a parameter on the plugin, CSI reflects those values on the faders and the displays of the Faderport 16 just fine. But the plugin seems to either not get anything from Reaper or the plugin is ignoring stuff.

I'll have to see if the VST version is better at this. Will report back.

The plugin in question is Stratus from Exponential Audio/Izotope.

And btw, are some Valhalla Plugins parameters value ranges laid out in a BAD for external control. Fuck me! Same for ReaComp.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:54 AM   #9864
airon

VST version of Stratus works just fine for changing parameters on the Faderport 16.

It controls really well on the faders too. The values are laid out in a very useful manner.

Much better than having the Decay time be time/100 = vst parameter value for "Decay". All my useful times are on the first SINGLE centimeter of my fader. And without acceleration working for me, hopefully a user error on my side, I've resorted to using knobs with a small step size instead for that parameter. Shame. Controlling this stuff on a fader is way faster.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #9865
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
And btw, are some Valhalla Plugins parameters value ranges laid out in a BAD for external control. Fuck me! Same for ReaComp.
ReaComp is awful. I just limited the range to approximately 0-50ms on the attack and 0-300ms on release from what I recall. The rest of the range doesn't need mapping IMO and is useless for a compressor. Why bother wasting any of the CSI range for a 1,500ms attack time or whatever?

The only Valhalla parameters where I find the mapping strange is the mode selection, and that's because Sean started leaving "empty" modes in there in case he adds more in the future. So sometimes you get weird results there. Otherwise, things like the VintageVerb decay time map awesome over here. I'm using Velocity Sensitive Encoders on the MF Twister. Since you have it too, here's a quick excerpt of my .mst and .zon files...

Code:
Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder b0 00 7f [ < 3f 3e 3d 3c 3b 3a 39 38 36 33 2f > 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 4a 4d 51 ]
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "VST: ValhallaVintageVerb (Valhalla DSP, LLC)"
FocusedFXNavigator
RotaryA1 FXParam 2 "Decay"		[ (0.001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.0215,0.033,0.05,0.075) ]
ZoneEnd
Using those settings, with acceleration, I have no problems at all getting very fine control over the decay time. Like I said, it maps extremely well over here.

The Valhalla knobs do have some scaling built in, so using the above, at the lower end of the dial you get .01s resolution, around the middle 2/3rds of the Decay knob you get .03s resolution, and towards the end of the knob you get something like .18s resolution. Keep in mind...this is reverb. When you're talking about 40 second decay times, a .18 second resolution is still very fine. With acceleration I can also whip up the speed to quickly increase or decrease the time. It works very, very well.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #9866
cemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Hmmm, was about to update it, but I'll have a closer look today at what I'm doing in mine. Might be that we need to have different examples for the two(or more) approaches. Let me dig into it a bit more.

Thanks for writing it up Airon, it'll get used, I just want to investigate a bit before replacing what's there.
Let me know if I can help
cemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:57 AM   #9867
cemark

FYI: I use almost exclusively VST3, and all is running smooth.
cemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #9868
Cragster

Quote:
I tried the may 5th build still doesnt work. I feel like im missing somerhing simple. It took me a good bit of time to get this plugin mapped ..all the modules etc. It was perfect. Im really bummed out. Idk what else to do. I guess ill hope the new csi update that Geoff is working on will fix things. I dont get it . It was working not long ago. But thanks for chiming in though
Old 07-31-2020, 01:27 PM   #9869
MixMonkey

Quote:
When I change a parameter on the plugin, CSI reflects those values on the faders and the displays of the Faderport 16 just fine. But the plugin seems to either not get anything from Reaper or the plugin is ignoring stuff.
This is an exact description of the VST3 issue. As to why and/or when it occurs, no idea. I didn't investigate much as VST2 worked fine.

@Cragster, your files looked fine on an initial look. I'll adapt your FX.zon and see if it works here.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:38 PM   #9870
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This is an exact description of the VST3 issue. As to why and/or when it occurs, no idea. I didn't investigate much as VST2 worked fine.

@Cragster, your files looked fine on an initial look. I'll adapt your FX.zon and see if it works here.
Ok great !! Thank u thank u. Idk it worked b4 . Now nothing. The EQ works. But none of the other modules
Old 07-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #9871
MixMonkey

Quote:
Idk it worked b4
So what's changed?
Old 07-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #9872
Cragster

Quote:
So what's changed?
Nothing. Thats the thing. I havnt changed anything. At least i dont think anythings changed. I hope its not the plugin being weird. I can use them stand alone but i really like that all in one plug. One plug evrythings there. Dam oh well. Maybe Geoffs new update will help. Wishful thinking haha. Thanks for giving it a look. Ill keep playing with it .maybe get lucky
Old 08-01-2020, 04:44 AM   #9873
airon

Quote:
ReaComp is awful. I just limited the range to approximately 0-50ms on the attack and 0-300ms on release from what I recall. The rest of the range doesn't need mapping IMO and is useless for a compressor. Why bother wasting any of the CSI range for a 1,500ms attack time or whatever?

The only Valhalla parameters where I find the mapping strange is the mode selection, and that's because Sean started leaving "empty" modes in there in case he adds more in the future. So sometimes you get weird results there. Otherwise, things like the VintageVerb decay time map awesome over here. I'm using Velocity Sensitive Encoders on the MF Twister. Since you have it too, here's a quick excerpt of my .mst and .zon files...

Code:
Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder b0 00 7f [ < 3f 3e 3d 3c 3b 3a 39 38 36 33 2f > 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 4a 4d 51 ]
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "VST: ValhallaVintageVerb (Valhalla DSP, LLC)"
FocusedFXNavigator
RotaryA1 FXParam 2 "Decay"		[ (0.001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.0215,0.033,0.05,0.075) ]
ZoneEnd
Using those settings, with acceleration, I have no problems at all getting very fine control over the decay time. Like I said, it maps extremely well over here.

The Valhalla knobs do have some scaling built in, so using the above, at the lower end of the dial you get .01s resolution, around the middle 2/3rds of the Decay knob you get .03s resolution, and towards the end of the knob you get something like .18s resolution. Keep in mind...this is reverb. When you're talking about 40 second decay times, a .18 second resolution is still very fine. With acceleration I can also whip up the speed to quickly increase or decrease the time. It works very, very well.
This is great! Thanks for sharing it. I couldn't get the thing to work but here we are .

My values for the Decay parameter were a little 'tamer'.
Code:
RotaryA3  FXParam 2 "decay" [ (0.001,0.001,0.0015,0.002,0.003,0.005,0.0075,0.01,0.015,0.02,0.025) ]
Well, now it's on to using this acceleration on all knobs of that MFT. Fun tuning awaits.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:27 AM   #9874
airon

I'm putting together an example config of the Midi Fighter Twister in Relative mode, velocity sensitive and note hold on the encoder pushes.

Can any "Press 91 02 7F 91 02 00" button be used as a modifier ?

For example can this:
Code:
Widget CleverButton
Press 91 02 7F 91 02 00
be used in a zone file like this
Code:
CleverButton+SomeOtherButton Play
or can this modifier-like behaviour only be accomplished with one of the four modifiers, which are defined in the zone file as well ?

Also, are modifier assignments local to a DEVICE, or local to a PAGE ?
Old 08-01-2020, 07:00 AM   #9875
Funkybot

Quote:
I'm putting together an example config of the Midi Fighter Twister in Relative mode, velocity sensitive and note hold on the encoder pushes.

Can any "Press 91 02 7F 91 02 00" button be used as a modifier ?

For example can this:
Code:
Widget CleverButton
Press 91 02 7F 91 02 00
be used in a zone file like this
Code:
CleverButton+SomeOtherButton Play
or can this modifier-like behaviour only be accomplished with one of the four modifiers, which are defined in the zone file as well ?

Also, are modifier assignments local to a DEVICE, or local to a PAGE ?
Only specified modifiers can work as modifiers.

Modifiers are page specific. So you can use Shift on a different device to act as the modifier on your MFTwister. I use my Steinberg CMC-QC just for modifiers.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:13 AM   #9876
VocasoGK

Hi there. First of all, I wanna say thank you very much for all the work Geoff and the supporters have put into this CSI project. As a DIYer, it literally feels like heaven to be able to make custom MIDI Controller and get it to work with Reaper the way I want it to be, by using CSI.

Quick questions:
1. Is there any possible way to display region names via something like FB_MCUDisplay?
2. Is it possible to send track names in full length, for example, by splitting them to FB_MCUDisplay 1 and FB_MCUDisplay 2?

Thanks! Stay safe and healthy.
VocasoGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #9877
MixMonkey

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with these two files- working fine on my MCU as far as FX go. I changed your button 'Mixer' to my button 'Plugin' and after that they worked. They call up the FX menu and let you select the Neutron plugin with the channel Select buttons and the channel Solo buttons let you switch to the individual Neutron FX (after you've created them, of course) The faders alter the params.

Look elsewhere for the issue Maybe in the CSI prefs?
Old 08-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #9878
Cragster

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with these two files- working fine on my MCU as far as FX go. I changed your button 'Mixer' to my button 'Plugin' and after that they worked. They call up the FX menu and let you select the Neutron plugin with the channel Select buttons and the channel Solo buttons let you switch to the individual Neutron FX (after you've created them, of course) The faders alter the params.

Hey thank you very much. Yes i know those files did work at one time. Idk i have no idea why they arent now. Is there anything in CSI pref that maybe should be checked or unchecked ? Like you know the sync surfaces or auto map fx ? Idk ill mess around with it see what i can see. Thanks man
Old 08-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #9879
airon

The funniest thing happened today. Reaper all of a sudden decided to enable control input and output on my MFT again. This resulted in the unit not working in CSI. After disabling the input and output in the midi devices all was back to normal though.

So if something stops working, I‘ll be checking prefs/midi devices first.

Last edited by airon; 08-01-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:07 AM   #9880
Cragster

Quote:

Maybe its the plugin ? You know how some VST3 plugs all of a sudden stop working for no reason. Bummer.the VST3 version actually did come with it so maybe ill give that a go wen i get back . If that works at least ill know its probably the plugin itself being weird. Dam .i dont use the neutron all the time. But its my go to wen i cant seem to get the sound i want. It really has the best set of presets which i can call up and then tweak to my liking. Which i cant really do with the stand alones.took me a while to map that thing too. Oh well ok done venting . Thanks all for giving it a look for me.