Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #9881
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Maybe its the plugin ? You know how some VST3 plugs all of a sudden stop working for no reason. Bummer.the VST3 version actually did come with it so maybe ill give that a go wen i get back . If that works at least ill know its probably the plugin itself being weird. Dam .i dont use the neutron all the time. But its my go to wen i cant seem to get the sound i want. It really has the best set of presets which i can call up and then tweak to my liking. Which i cant really do with the stand alones.took me a while to map that thing too. Oh well ok done venting . Thanks all for giving it a look for me.
I don't think it's the plugin (unless you suspect your installation is corrupted somehow). I downloaded the Neutron demo to test your files and it worked fine.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-02-2020 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Clarification
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:29 AM   #9882
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Only specified modifiers can work as modifiers.

Modifiers are page specific. So you can use Shift on a different device to act as the modifier on your MFTwister. I use my Steinberg CMC-QC just for modifiers.
Thanks.

Opens up four pages of fun.

I'm wondering how to send specific midi messages to a device. Maybe it'll work via feedback.

Currently I'm changing banks on the the first two MFT units with a Lua script that gets triggered by an X-Touch Mini button.

In CSI terms :
Triggering a message to a specific surface by triggering a widget on another surface could be pretty neat.
The MFT lets users colour each RBG strip under each knob differently, and thus you get a good visual aid for what you're controlling. I use this to control the Post-Comp EQ, the Pre-Comp EQ, relative and absolute and mute control over sends(obsolete except for the absolute one) and an entire page of custom stuff.

That leads me to issue no.2 that I just want to throw out there.

Controlling stuff on selected tracks.

That's the strength of the "selected track" midi/osc learn controls in Reaper. Their last remaining one it seems.

Dunno, maybe Reaper could solve that by letter users dynamically group identical plugins across tracks, like the Harrison MPC consoles do.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:43 AM   #9883
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I don't think it's the plugin (unless you suspect your installation is corrupted somehow). I downloaded the Neutron demo to test your files and it worked fine.
Ok thanks. Idk ill keep trying things. All i know is it all worked then all a sudden it didnt. Well it works a little. The EQ module is mapped as the first one. That works. Its just wen i switch to the other modules. All the param names come up on the display but no values and move the faders does nothing. Its like the plug in and csi stop communicating somewhat wen i switch to the other modules. Thanks though i appreciate your help
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:20 AM   #9884
inertia

Can someone help me set up the FabFilter Pro C2 with Console 1? I have mapped most things but certain button presses aren't working to toggle things in the GUI.

I am having trouble getting "AUTO GAIN", "AUTO RELEASE", "DISPLAY", "SIDE CHAIN" to toggle with button pushes.

Also,I'd like to map "Oversampling" to a button that will cycle between three pushes.

Lastly, is it possible to get the Compressor meter working with this plugin? I am using the stock Console 1 zone file.

Code:
Zone "VST: FabFilter Pro-C 2 (Mono) (FabFilter)"

FocusedFXNavigator

Character						FXParam 0 "Style" [ 0.0 0.14 0.29 0.43 0.57 0.71 0.86 1.0 ]
	Threshold						FXParam 1 "Threshold"
	Ratio							FXParam 2 "Ratio"
	HiMidFrequency					FXParam 3 "Knee"
	HiMidGain						FXParam 4 "Range"
	Attack							FXParam 5 "Attack"
	Release							FXParam 6 "Release"
	Solo+Toggle						FXParam 7 "Auto Release"
	HiFrequency						FXParam 8 "Lookahead"
	HiGain							FXParam 9 "Hold"
	Volume							FXParam 10 "Wet Gain"
	Pan								FXParam 11 "Wet Pan"
	Parallel						FXParam 12 "Dry Gain"
	FXParam 13 "Dry Pan"
	Mute+Toggle						FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
	Mode+Toggle						FXParam 15 "Side Chain Expert Mode"
	FXParam 16 "Side Chain Input"
	FXParam 17 "Side Chain Level"
	FXParam 18 "Stereo Link"
	FXParam 19 "Stereo Link Mode"
	FXParam 20 "Side Chain Low Enabled"
	FXParam 21 "Side Chain Low Frequency"
	FXParam 22 "Side Chain Low Slope"
	FXParam 23 "Side Chain Mid Auto"
	FXParam 24 "Side Chain Mid Enabled"
	FXParam 25 "Side Chain Mid Frequency"
	FXParam 26 "Side Chain Mid Gain"
	FXParam 27 "Side Chain Mid Q"
	FXParam 28 "Side Chain Mid Shape"
	FXParam 29 "Side Chain High Enabled"
	FXParam 30 "Side Chain High Frequency"
	FXParam 31 "Side Chain High Slope"
	FXParam 32 "Audition Side Chain"
	FXParam 33 "Audition Triggering"
	Parallel						FXParam 34 "Mix"
	FXParam 35 "Input Level"
	FXParam 36 "Input Pan"
	FXParam 37 "Output Level"
	FXParam 38 "Output Pan"
	FXParam 39 "Bypass"
	FXParam 40 "Oversampling"
	FXParam 41 "Lookahead Enabled"
	FXParam 42 "Midi State"
	CompressorMeter					FXParam 43 "Meter Scale"
	DisplayFX+Toggle				FXParam 44 "Display Enabled"
	FXParam 45 "Knee Display Enabled"
	FXParam 46 "Bypass"
	FXParam 47 "Wet"
ZoneEnd
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:22 AM   #9885
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
Can someone help me set up the FabFilter Pro C2 with Console 1? I have mapped most things but certain button presses aren't working to toggle things in the GUI.

I am having trouble getting "AUTO GAIN", "AUTO RELEASE", "DISPLAY", "SIDE CHAIN" to toggle with button pushes.

Also,I'd like to map "Oversampling" to a button that will cycle between three pushes.

Lastly, is it possible to get the Compressor meter working with this plugin? I am using the stock Console 1 zone file.

Code:
Zone "VST: FabFilter Pro-C 2 (Mono) (FabFilter)"

FocusedFXNavigator

Character						FXParam 0 "Style" [ 0.0 0.14 0.29 0.43 0.57 0.71 0.86 1.0 ]
	Threshold						FXParam 1 "Threshold"
	Ratio							FXParam 2 "Ratio"
	HiMidFrequency					FXParam 3 "Knee"
	HiMidGain						FXParam 4 "Range"
	Attack							FXParam 5 "Attack"
	Release							FXParam 6 "Release"
	Solo+Toggle						FXParam 7 "Auto Release"
	HiFrequency						FXParam 8 "Lookahead"
	HiGain							FXParam 9 "Hold"
	Volume							FXParam 10 "Wet Gain"
	Pan								FXParam 11 "Wet Pan"
	Parallel						FXParam 12 "Dry Gain"
	FXParam 13 "Dry Pan"
	Mute+Toggle						FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
	Mode+Toggle						FXParam 15 "Side Chain Expert Mode"
	FXParam 16 "Side Chain Input"
	FXParam 17 "Side Chain Level"
	FXParam 18 "Stereo Link"
	FXParam 19 "Stereo Link Mode"
	FXParam 20 "Side Chain Low Enabled"
	FXParam 21 "Side Chain Low Frequency"
	FXParam 22 "Side Chain Low Slope"
	FXParam 23 "Side Chain Mid Auto"
	FXParam 24 "Side Chain Mid Enabled"
	FXParam 25 "Side Chain Mid Frequency"
	FXParam 26 "Side Chain Mid Gain"
	FXParam 27 "Side Chain Mid Q"
	FXParam 28 "Side Chain Mid Shape"
	FXParam 29 "Side Chain High Enabled"
	FXParam 30 "Side Chain High Frequency"
	FXParam 31 "Side Chain High Slope"
	FXParam 32 "Audition Side Chain"
	FXParam 33 "Audition Triggering"
	Parallel						FXParam 34 "Mix"
	FXParam 35 "Input Level"
	FXParam 36 "Input Pan"
	FXParam 37 "Output Level"
	FXParam 38 "Output Pan"
	FXParam 39 "Bypass"
	FXParam 40 "Oversampling"
	FXParam 41 "Lookahead Enabled"
	FXParam 42 "Midi State"
	CompressorMeter					FXParam 43 "Meter Scale"
	DisplayFX+Toggle				FXParam 44 "Display Enabled"
	FXParam 45 "Knee Display Enabled"
	FXParam 46 "Bypass"
	FXParam 47 "Wet"
ZoneEnd
For the buttons that aren't working, try:

Code:
Toggle+Mute     FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
Instead of...

Code:
Mute+Toggle     FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
...For cycling between the 3 oversampling modes, use stepped parameters similar to these:

Code:
SomeButton           FXParam "3" "Character" [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ]
Shift+SomeButton     FXParam "3" "Character" [ 1.0 0.5 0.0 ]
Note: if the above doesn't work, try adding a Press+ modifier before the SomeButton. Don't think Press is necessary any longer, but could be wrong.

The other things to note in the above example is I have the button going up the list and the Shift modifier plus the button to go backwards. This will let you go back and forth.

Also note that the first button will cycle infinitely between those values (when ascending order), but the second row where it's descending will not cycle. CSI prevents an action going from 0.0 to a larger number when looping through stepped parameters. This is by design to prevent users from blowing their speakers by assigning that to a volume setting for example.

...regarding the GR meter, I don't think VST2 allows for it (might work with SoftTube plugins on their own hardware, not sure, but not standard for VST2), and I don't know if CSI reads GR meters in VST3 plugins. Someone else can maybe confirm.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #9886
inertia

Quote:
For the buttons that aren't working, try:

Code:
Toggle+Mute     FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
Instead of...

Code:
Mute+Toggle     FXParam 14 "Auto Gain"
...For cycling between the 3 oversampling modes, use stepped parameters similar to these:

Code:
SomeButton           FXParam "3" "Character" [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ]
Shift+SomeButton     FXParam "3" "Character" [ 1.0 0.5 0.0 ]
Note: if the above doesn't work, try adding a Press+ modifier before the SomeButton. Don't think Press is necessary any longer, but could be wrong.

The other things to note in the above example is I have the button going up the list and the Shift modifier plus the button to go backwards. This will let you go back and forth.

Also note that the first button will cycle infinitely between those values (when ascending order), but the second row where it's descending will not cycle. CSI prevents an action going from 0.0 to a larger number when looping through stepped parameters. This is by design to prevent users from blowing their speakers by assigning that to a volume setting for example.

...regarding the GR meter, I don't think VST2 allows for it (might work with SoftTube plugins on their own hardware, not sure, but not standard for VST2), and I don't know if CSI reads GR meters in VST3 plugins. Someone else can maybe confirm.
Had the Toggle the wrong way around. The stepping works as needed. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2020, 01:35 PM   #9887
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
Had the Toggle the wrong way around. The stepping works as needed. Thanks!
Glad you got it! I'm happy to help where I can (i.e. the easy stuff! lol).
Old 08-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #9888
oldmanstan

Hi! I was sent in this direction in regards to FX parameter control. Specifically for the X Touch Mini on MacOS.

I can download the extension, boot up the X-Touch Mini preset, and adjust volume faders.

While there's the lil' checkbox to "auto map FX", I can't seem to get any mileage.

Is there a simple way to totally scrap the volume fader control, and have the unit only control FX parameters? Bonus points if I can get the lil' buttons to trigger "SWS/S&M: Float FX 1 for selected tracks", ect, actions.

It's hard for me to imagine this isn't a task, or route someone else has gone down - though a quick thread search had varied results.

Any insight appreciated! Thanks!
oldmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #9889
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstan View Post
Hi! I was sent in this direction in regards to FX parameter control. Specifically for the X Touch Mini on MacOS.

I can download the extension, boot up the X-Touch Mini preset, and adjust volume faders.

While there's the lil' checkbox to "auto map FX", I can't seem to get any mileage.

Is there a simple way to totally scrap the volume fader control, and have the unit only control FX parameters? Bonus points if I can get the lil' buttons to trigger "SWS/S&M: Float FX 1 for selected tracks", ect, actions.

It's hard for me to imagine this isn't a task, or route someone else has gone down - though a quick thread search had varied results.

What you're asking is doable but you'll need to create some fx.zon files. Nothing gets "auto-mapped" the way you're thinking of. You need to tell CSI "this button will control this fx parameter, that knob will control that fx parameter." You also have to tell CSI when to map the FX? Do you want to map the FX when the track is selected, or when the plugin GUI is in focus?

In terms of not using any controls on the surface for anything other than FX, that's no problem either. Just find the X-touchMini.zon file (or whatever it's called) and clear out the widget/action assignments. If you want to trigger a Reaper action from your device, you can absolutely do that, including SWS actions.

Take a look at some fx.zon examples, check out the wiki, and begin experimenting. If you have specific questions, post back here with what you're trying to do, and include sample text from the .zon file and we'll help you get up and running.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:01 PM   #9890
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Geoff,

The best laid plans...
I envisaged writing an action in Python to achieve this, but every time I run the action, I need to import a speech module into python. That will significantly slow things up.
Having said that:
Currently, I use MIDIOx to capture what is pressed on my surface. Am I right in thinking that once I've the MIDI received from the surface, I can add this to the .zon file? Malcolm's documentation approaches this in a slightly different way, but for accessibility reasons, I can't use the method described in the documentation,
David.
Not quite, the midi info goes on the .mst file.

You give the widget a name and its related midi data, control type etc., in the .mst file.

Then you use that .mst name in the .zon file to relate it to Reaper action(s).
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #9891
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocasoGK View Post
Hi there. First of all, I wanna say thank you very much for all the work Geoff and the supporters have put into this CSI project. As a DIYer, it literally feels like heaven to be able to make custom MIDI Controller and get it to work with Reaper the way I want it to be, by using CSI.

Quick questions:
1. Is there any possible way to display region names via something like FB_MCUDisplay?
2. Is it possible to send track names in full length, for example, by splitting them to FB_MCUDisplay 1 and FB_MCUDisplay 2?

Thanks! Stay safe and healthy.
Those 2 actions are not currently available, but a soon to be released version will allow you to write your own actions, if you are a C++ programmer.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #9892
airon

That is encouraging Geoff.

It means a method sending out a packet of midi data to a specific surface could be done, if not by you then another programmer perhaps could implement it.

A zone example off the top of my head.

ButtonA1 MidiSend MFT1 “91507fb10145”

This would be the most direct method. Setting up aliases may be neat too.

MidiAlias aliasname “SurfaceName” midimessage
Then you send out:
ButtonA1 MidiSend aliasname, anotheraliasname, etc.

I’d use such methods to change banks on my MFT units for one and control a bunch of button lights on my X-Touch Mini, which indicate the current bank choice. Thus I am taking what I already do and trying to implement it in CSI. There may be better methods.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #9893
VocasoGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Those 2 actions are not currently available, but a soon to be released version will allow you to write your own actions if you are a C++ programmer.
Aah OK then. Thanks for the heads up. I have some experience with C++, so it should not be that hard for me as soon the version gets released.
VocasoGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #9894
tdc

Quote:
Those 2 actions are not currently available, but a soon to be released version will allow you to write your own actions, if you are a C++ programmer.
Thats very exciting Geoff!
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:14 AM   #9895
Pompeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstan View Post

I have been doing exactly that. Happy to help.
Pompeysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #9896
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yep, as long as peeps realise that if they use the OnTrackSelection statement, they have to map the Toggle to turn it off. If they're using a single surface, it could be a bit confusing initially.
Been thinking through this, just made the change, here's the rational.

If you use OnTrackSelection you likely do want to automap.

The .zon file for that surface will likely have Toggles available if you need them.

Removing all the automap checkboxes eliminates a whole bunch of confusion, and simplifies the config setup considerably.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:57 AM   #9897
MixMonkey

Quote:
Been thinking through this, just made the change, here's the rational.

If you use OnTrackSelection you likely do want to automap.

The .zon file for that surface will likely have Toggles available if you need them.

Removing all the automap checkboxes eliminates a whole bunch of confusion, and simplifies the config setup considerably.
Cool

I was wondering, is there any way the GoZone action could generate feebback to light a button's LED? Poor man's radio buttons could be used to keep the feedback mutually exclusive between Zones.

I think this would be very useful for people using surfaces that don't have displays (the only way I know what Zone I'm in is by what appears on the displays)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #9898
Cragster

Hey all. If anybody follows along here then u probably saw my previous post about my all in one plugin(Neutron) with different modules for eq...comp...etc. that all of sudden stopped working. Well the first module(eq) that is mapped works but wen i switch to the others they dont. And it all once did work. Been trying to figure this out for bout 2 weeks. Its killing me that it did once work and i havnt knowingly made any changes to files or computer. Just wanted to give one last post before i give up and say oh well.does anyone have any suggestions of what could cause this ? This is a main plugin for me. Actually bought a separate surface just for Fx and this plugin. Geoff do u think your new CSI update might fix this for me ?. Sry just grasping for straws here. I had the most perfect set up with this. Ok thanks everybody
Old 08-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #9899
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hey all. If anybody follows along here then u probably saw my previous post about my all in one plugin(Neutron) with different modules for eq...comp...etc. that all of sudden stopped working. Well the first module(eq) that is mapped works but wen i switch to the others they dont. And it all once did work. Been trying to figure this out for bout 2 weeks. Its killing me that it did once work and i havnt knowingly made any changes to files or computer. Just wanted to give one last post before i give up and say oh well.does anyone have any suggestions of what could cause this ? This is a main plugin for me. Actually bought a separate surface just for Fx and this plugin. Geoff do u think your new CSI update might fix this for me ?. Sry just grasping for straws here. I had the most perfect set up with this. Ok thanks everybody
Did you upgrade Neutron ?

Just trying to find out what changed...

Things don't all of a sudden stop working...

Something has to have been changed for that to happen.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:49 AM   #9900
Cragster

Quote:
Did you upgrade Neutron ?

Just trying to find out what changed...

Things don't all of a sudden stop working...

Something has to have been changed for that to happen.
I havnt knowingly made any changes or updates. Maybe a windows update ?? Maybe try a computer go back ?
Old 08-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #9901
Funkybot

Quote:
I havnt knowingly made any changes or updates. Maybe a windows update ?? Maybe try a computer go back ?
Did you post your csi.ini contents? Did a box get unchecked around FX mapping?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #9902
MixMonkey

Quote:
Maybe try a computer go back ?

No don't go there just yet Zip up your entire CSI folder and post it. I'm guessing it's an interaction with another of your surfaces- you have others apart from the Platform M, yes?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #9903
Cragster

Quote:
No don't go there just yet Zip up your entire CSI folder and post it. I'm guessing it's an interaction with another of your surfaces- you have others apart from the Platform M, yes?
Yes i have 3 surfaces going.ProX ..platform M...and Platform B...Ill post my CSI folder soon ad i can. Im in an area where the hurricane Isais just blew thru. Power has been out for a while. Thank God for cell phones. Thanks guys. Ill post the files soon as i can
Old 08-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #9904
Cragster

Quote:
here is my CSI folder. thank you !!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSI.zip (142.2 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 05:14 PM   #9905
ryan2020

Default Eucon Artist Mix and FocusedFXParam

I've been trying out CSI with an Avid Artist Mix and so far, it seems more stable than Eucon native for Reaper. I was trying out the FocusedFXParam and mapping the clicked FX parameter to the chosen encoder works. However, I noticed that once the parameter is assigned to the encoder (FX_Rotary1Ch1 in this case), and although the display reflects the current value of the parameter, the rotary knob itself doesn't take the current value. So once I turn it, the value jumps somewhere else. In the Home/Channel Zone, the rotary knobs take the value of the pan so I don't see this behavior.

Is there a workaround for this? I saw a post about SoftTakeover but I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with Eucon.

This is what I added to the Eucon.zon file.

Quote:
Zone "FFXParam"

Display1 FocusedFXParamNameDisplay
FX_Display1Ch1 FocusedFXParamValueDisplay
FX_Rotary1Ch1 FocusedFXParam
OnEuConFXAreaLostFocus GoZone Channel

ZoneEnd
Thanks!

Last edited by ryan2020; 08-04-2020 at 05:36 PM.
ryan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #9906
MixMonkey

Quote:
here is my CSI folder. thank you !!!
Ok, radical steps Try the attached CSI folder and see if the Neutron plugin works properly.

For the purposes of troubleshooting this, I've cut out as much as I can of your setup, hopefully still leaving enough for the Neutron plug to map.

If it does work properly, you know that the problem lies somewhere in all the stuff I've cut out and you can start adding stuff back until it stops working again.

If it doesn't map at all, we'll have to see what I cut out that broke it completely and add that back.

If it still works partially as before, we have a lot less stuff to look at to find the issue

Good luck!

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-06-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #9907
Cragster

Quote:
Ok, radical steps Try the attached CSI folder and see if the Neutron plugin works properly.

For the purposes of troubleshooting this, I've cut out as much as I can of your setup, hopefully still leaving enough for the Neutron plug to map.

If it does work properly, you know that the problem lies somewhere in all the stuff I've cut out and you can start adding stuff back until it stops working again.

If it doesn't map at all, we'll have to see what I cut out that broke it completely and add that back.

If it still works partially as before, we have a lot less stuff to look at to find the issue

Good luck!
hey man thank you so much for this.thats going way beyond the call of duty. really thank you !!!
I tried your stripped down file. Its still doing as before. and just to clarify...the plugin shows up in FXmenu...it lets me select it...plugin loads up..the EQ is the first mapped module which works....i switch to the other modules which dont work...the display works all the param names come up but the controls dont work ..faders just drop down and no control
Old 08-04-2020, 11:05 PM   #9908
inertia

This might sound a bit mad but is it possible to map the same controls of the Console 1 to different paramaters of a plugin depending on the state of another parameter in the plugin?

For example, I am mapping the ToneBoosters Reverb 4 plugin to my Console 1. Initially. I'd like to map the unit's Gate controls to the main reverb settings but the plugin has an actual page to control a gate that I'd like remap the same knobs if this page is active.

The page is activated by an on/off switch parameter so if the switch is on i'd like to create alternatve maps to the Console 1's controls.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:05 AM   #9909
Cragster

Quote:

Good luck!
Hey thanks again for ur help. Still trying to trouble shoot. I was wondering of all the check boxes in CSI pref...sync surface...auto map ...auto fx...etc..what do u suggest i have checked or unchecked for each surface ? I think ive tried evry combo. But was wondering what u think should be the config ? And also for the now excluded platform B surface once i add that back. If i have no luck im gonna try to hopefully go back to a time when i think it did all work
Old 08-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #9910
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey thanks again for ur help. Still trying to trouble shoot. I was wondering of all the check boxes in CSI pref...sync surface...auto map ...auto fx...etc..what do u suggest i have checked or unchecked for each surface ? I think ive tried evry combo. But was wondering what u think should be the config ? And also for the now excluded platform B surface once i add that back. If i have no luck im gonna try to hopefully go back to a time when i think it did all work
No problem I just tried the CSI folder I sent you on my rig with just an MCU and an MCUXT (in lieu of a ProX and a Platform M) and it works fine (apart from the displays on the XT, which have a different .mst definition) I have Automap FX Menu ticked for the Platform M (MCUXT in my case) and no other boxes ticked.

Selecting a channel on the ProX (MCU) that has the Neutron plugin and pressing the Select button on the Platform M (XT) to select it from the FX menu (even though I can't actually see the menu!) brings up the EQ settings on the Faders. Pressing XT Solo buttons selects the different modules and the faders move to reflect that.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #9911
Cragster

Quote:
No problem I just tried the CSI folder I sent you on my rig with just an MCU and an MCUXT (in lieu of a ProX and a Platform M) and it works fine (apart from the displays on the XT, which have a different .mst definition) I have Automap FX Menu ticked for the Platform M (MCUXT in my case) and no other boxes ticked.

Selecting a channel on the ProX (MCU) that has the Neutron plugin and pressing the Select button on the Platform M (XT) to select it from the FX menu (even though I can't actually see the menu!) brings up the EQ settings on the Faders. Pressing XT Solo buttons selects the different modules and the faders move to reflect that.
Im here trying to solve this . Obviously its not the files as its working on your end and not here. So its plugin..surface ..or computer. I don't think it would be the surface or the plugin as it did work before . So maybe something on my computer conflicting with it ?? Idk . Do u have any other suggestion to try b4 i try a go back ?.i feel like im missing something really simple lol.but thats wishful thinking. Thanks again
Old 08-05-2020, 09:03 AM   #9912
MixMonkey

Quote:
Im here trying to solve this . Obviously its not the files as its working on your end and not here. So its plugin..surface ..or computer. I don't think it would be the surface or the plugin as it did work before . So maybe something on my computer conflicting with it ?? Idk . Do u have any other suggestion to try b4 i try a go back ?.i feel like im missing something really simple lol.but thats wishful thinking. Thanks again
Did you try re-installing Reaper? (after un-installing it)
Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #9913
Cragster

Quote:
No .. ok ill try that
Old 08-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #9914
Cragster

Quote:
Hey sry. Can u give me the safest way to uninstall and reinstall ? Will i lose everything like songs and settings ? Should i back up anything first ? Sry man im just wanna be sure what im doing. Not really a computer person.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:27 AM   #9915
Funkybot

Quote:
Hey sry. Can u give me the safest way to uninstall and reinstall ? Will i lose everything like songs and settings ? Should i back up anything first ? Sry man im just wanna be sure what im doing. Not really a computer person.
Maybe try a Portable Install first to a different folder then setup CSI on the portable install? Mixmonkey what do you think? I've never messed around with Portable Installs.

Otherwise, if you want to uninstall/install and get everything setup, you should just be able to:

1. Open Reaper, go to Preferences -> General
2. Click "Export Configuration" (if you want to be safe, check all the boxes) - name your config
3. Then just completely uninstall Reaper
4. Reinstall Reaper from scratch
5. Before you bring that configuration back, first manually reinstall your CSI plugin and setup your surfaces - test it out

Does it work now? If yes, maybe it was something in your Reaper config/preferences. If no, then...

6. Go back to Preferences -> General
7. Click "Import Configuration"
8. Bring everything back in

Reaper will need to restart as part of the import process.

Import/Export config is one of the wildly underrated things about Reaper.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #9916
Cragster

Quote:
Maybe try a Portable Install first to a different folder then setup CSI on the portable install? Mixmonkey what do you think? I've never messed around with Portable Installs.

Otherwise, if you want to uninstall/install and get everything setup, you should just be able to:

1. Open Reaper, go to Preferences -> General
2. Click "Export Configuration" (if you want to be safe, check all the boxes) - name your config
3. Then just completely uninstall Reaper
4. Reinstall Reaper from scratch
5. Before you bring that configuration back, first manually reinstall your CSI plugin and setup your surfaces - test it out

Does it work now? If yes, maybe it was something in your Reaper config/preferences. If no, then...

6. Go back to Preferences -> General
7. Click "Import Configuration"
8. Bring everything back in

Reaper will need to restart as part of the import process.

Import/Export config is one of the wildly underrated things about Reaper.
Hey thank you. I not so familiar with portable install either but ill try it couldnt hurt. Ill wait for mixmonkey to chime in before. And yes agree with yout last statement. Never used it but there are kenny videos on both in case i get stuck. Im determined to figure this out. Thanks again
Old 08-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #9917
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey thank you. I not so familiar with portable install either but ill try it couldnt hurt. Ill wait for mixmonkey to chime in before. And yes agree with yout last statement. Never used it but there are kenny videos on both in case i get stuck. Im determined to figure this out. Thanks again
That sounds like a plan. Follow @Funkybots instructions and backup your whole configuration before you start. To be doubly sure you could copy the whole Reaper folder to the desktop (it's in AppData/Roaming, where you put your CSI folder)

Grab a USB stick and do a portable install, I just tried it out with CSI- it works fine. Format the stick before you start, so make sure you copy anything you want to keep off it.

Create a folder on the stick to install Reaper into and when you run the Reaper installer, tick the box for 'Portable Install' and browse to the folder you created and install.

When it's done, put your CSI folder in the Reaper folder and install the CSI plugin in UserPlugins. You might have to redo the CSI prefs.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #9918
Cragster

Quote:
That sounds like a plan. Follow @Funkybots instructions and backup your whole configuration before you start. To be doubly sure you could copy the whole Reaper folder to the desktop (it's in AppData/Roaming, where you put your CSI folder)

Grab a USB stick and do a portable install, I just tried it out with CSI- it works fine. Format the stick before you start, so make sure you copy anything you want to keep off it.

Create a folder on the stick to install Reaper into and when you run the Reaper installer, tick the box for 'Portable Install' and browse to the folder you created and install.

When it's done, put your CSI folder in the Reaper folder and install the CSI plugin in UserPlugins. You might have to redo the CSI prefs.
Pheww man ok. i sure hope i didnt mess anything up lol. Heres what i got ..i did the portable install. i followed u guys instruct and watched the kenny video.he said i could portable install right into a folder on my pc which i did (dont have a usb stick). so i reset up CSI and loaded the project i was working on and the same thing. EQ worked but no other modules. then i loaded a fresh new project...added one track...loaded the neutron plug on that track and evrything worked !!!! so thats something at least right ? narrowed it down to something in that project i was working on ? Any thoughts on how i could narrow it down even further ? thank you guys !!
Old 08-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #9919
Cragster

Yes a fresh project works on my regular reaper as well. should i just start dumping things from that project till i find whats conflicting with the neutron plug ?
Old 08-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #9920
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yes a fresh project works on my regular reaper as well. should i just start dumping things from that project till i find whats conflicting with the neutron plug ?
You're getting the hang of this I see Glad you got it working

Does the project have any automation written? How many tracks are using the Neutron plugin?