Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #9961
airon
Human being with feelings

Can CSI pass values to actions such as
Adjust track send 1 volume (MIDI CC/OSC only)
?

That would let me change send volume levels on all selected tracks, which is what I'm doing with my two other MFT units.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #9962
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Can CSI pass values to actions such as
Adjust track send 1 volume (MIDI CC/OSC only)
?

That would let me change send volume levels on all selected tracks, which is what I'm doing with my two other MFT units.
'fraid not. That would need a controller enabled in the MIDI Devices prefs. Not sure about OSC though.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #9963
andyp24

Default X Touch vs Qcon G2

Opinions please about the relative strengths and weaknesses of these two controllers for use with CSI?

Thanks
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #9964
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
If I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like you want to mimic a console-like workflow in your hypothetical. Where you'd be combining a large number of extenders to act as a 64-channel console. In that case you'd just the standard "TrackNavigator" for an 8-channel surface like shown here...

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  			TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 			TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	RecordArm|  			TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  				TrackSolo
	Mute| 				TrackMute
	Select|  			TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  			TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  		TrackSelect
	Shift+Control+Select| 		TogglePin
	Option+Select| 			TrackFolderDive
	Fader|  			TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  			TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
You'd set CSI to follow the MCP view.

Then, you'd just add your 8 X-Touch Extenders to the same "Page" in CSI in the order you need the channels to appear. So X-Touch Extender 1 would be first and get assigned channels 1-8, X-Touch Extender 2 would be second and automatically get assigned channels 9-16, X-Touch Extender 3 would automatically get assigned channels 17-24, etc.

Nothing fancy. CSI converts channels 1-8 in the .zon file to channels 1-8 of the first 8-channel surface in your list, then will just keep adding for every other 8-channel surface. You'd use the same .zon file for each extender, nothing to convert or modify for each device.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2020, 06:38 AM   #9965
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Opinions please about the relative strengths and weaknesses of these two controllers for use with CSI?

Thanks
The things to compare are
  • Fader noise
  • Button feel
  • Spare parts availabilty
  • Scribble strip quality I.e usefullness

G2 seems a winner with its more readable strips. Get the units under your fingers.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #9966
andyp24

Thanks Airon, you're right, but...

Where I live, it's not easy to see either of them "live" (no big music tech stores near me) without buying them and returning one...

Was hoping to get opinions from anyone who owns one, or has used both.

Andy
Old 08-16-2020, 05:12 PM   #9967
RobinGShore

Just tried the new test builds for the first time, and I'm still seeing most of the same Eucon bugs as before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
  • If I move a control on a track that's in read automation mode the fader/knob values don't snap back like they should when I let go. It doesn't actually write any automation in Reaper (which is correct, it shouldn't) but since the fader doesn't snap back this mean that if I switch the track into another mode and then try to write some automation, it will start writing at the wrong value
  • In touch mode, if I start writing volume, then release to stop writing, then touch the fader/knob again but don't actually move it, Reaper will start writing from the value I last released on instead of the current value of the track volume. It corrects itself as soon as I actually move the fader/knob. This is most obvious if the volume control is flipped up to the knobs, since the Eucon faders are kinda sensitive, and often just touching the fader will actually cause a slght nudge in the value
  • If I write send volume automation in touch mode, the send volume stays latched after I release it.
  • Adjusting the send volume from the controller changes both the send automation fader and the static trim value of the send at the same time
  • Eucon meters only show a single channel regardless of how many channels the track has in Reaper. I'm also not sure what this single channel of metering represents? If I have any panning on a track the meters will show less signal depending on how far left or right it's panned. Panning hard left or right will make the meter show no signal at all
  • The red clip light on the meters disappears after a moment. It would be nice if it persisted til it was manually cleared within reaper
In addition to these, I'm also seeing new two new bugs:
  • I can't change automation modes from the surface anymore
  • writing pan automation when I'm in touch mode doesn't work, the pan envelope constantly fights against me and I end up with an envelope that looks like this:
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #9968
RobinGShore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
In eucon mode .. how do i lock certain faders and store it in a layout ? Pls help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Once again, part of the EuCon/CSI design internally, probably won't be implementing that feature, at least not in the near future.
Geoff's actually mistaken about this You can lock tracks to faders and store layouts with the current implementation, it's done through the Eucontrol settings not through, not through Reaper. If you go to the asssign tab in the Eucontrol software you can lock tracks to faders and then use layouts tabs to store different layouts:

You can also do this from the tracks page in the Eucon app for android/ios if you have it. Heads up though, there's a bug that makes it so that the layouts don't always load properly with Reaper projects if you close reaper and reopen the project later.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:26 AM   #9969
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just tried the new test builds for the first time, and I'm still seeing most of the same Eucon bugs as before:

• writing pan automation when I'm in touch mode doesn't work, the pan envelope constantly fights against me and I end up with an envelope that looks like this:
Yes, correct on all points, thanks for having a look.

The internals have been completely rewritten-- now that we have a reasonable idea of what CSI is, we can actually code it

This was just a "shakedown cruise" without automation, sends, a bunch of other stuff.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:28 AM   #9970
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff's actually mistaken about this You can lock tracks to faders and store layouts with the current implementation, it's done through the Eucontrol settings not through, not through Reaper. If you go to the asssign tab in the Eucontrol software you can lock tracks to faders and then use layouts tabs to store different layouts:

You can also do this from the tracks page in the Eucon app for android/ios if you have it. Heads up though, there's a bug that makes it so that the layouts don't always load properly with Reaper projects if you close reaper and reopen the project later.
True, but even if you can load properly, if you have messed about with the track layout in Reaper, things may break, so I would say more like it half works
Old 08-17-2020, 04:02 AM   #9971
svijayrathinam

Quote:

I have the same issue in touch mode. The only difference is i Have that weird automation fighting thing happening for me with volume automation and not pan automation.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:09 AM   #9972
tdc

Hey Geoff,

What’s your thoughts on a potential release of the ne EuCon layer?
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #9973
Cragster

I know im a little late to the party with this... but i just started experimenting deeper with the encoder acceleration stuff and i gotta say that the tick count thing together with the steps is a BEAUTIFUL thing. like really nice !!!!
thats a genious at work right there.. thanks Geoff !!!
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:11 AM   #9974
tapemelancholy

Default Midi Fighter Twister

Hey guys!
I'm trying to setup CSI for one mft and have some problems (volume, selection, solo, mute, last touched fx param works great!)

1.I can't find a way to use modifiers on mft, is it working on mft?
I press modifier button once for alternative behavior and can't go back to original anymore.

2.Same with the zones. Do I understand correctly that you can press a button and specific the knobs/buttons will change their functions? Sometimes I can go to another zone but I cannot go back. (I've tried it with pan on a V row, didn't work out)

3.I can't change LED meter types for mft (for pan and width). I can only use mf_utility for it?

4. When I press the knob and turn in (ShiftRotate) values come up inverted and weird (not a big deal if i can use modifiers to get alternative functions)

Unfinished zon file:
Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection
	OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-4"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"

ButtonB2	Shift
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator 

RotaryV| 	TrackVolume [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]
	RotaryM| 	TrackPan 0 [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]	
	RotaryB4 	FocusedFXParam [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]
	RotaryA|	TrackOutputMeter
	ButtonB3	Reaper _RS2182bf32a6716b0bc7db079f15ef087f231f69e9
	ButtonB4	Reaper _RS32a7eb909a13378ddec46b9442cc3ccb72d51b53

ButtonV|	TrackSelect { 0 255 255 0 255 10 }
	ButtonM| 	TrackMute { 0 255 255 0 255 240 }	
	ButtonA| 	TrackSolo { 0 255 255 242 255 0 }
ZoneEnd
my mft rows:

it will be great to use some modifier buttons for switching V (or other) row to control something else (pan or sends)

Thanks!
tapemelancholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:02 AM   #9975
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapemelancholy View Post
Hey guys!

I press modifier button once for alternative behavior and can't go back to original anymore.
I got modifiers working by defining the widget in the mst

Widget Shift
Press 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Replace the hex code with the same numbers as for your B2 button.

Then the zone file should translate the B2 button to shift.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:48 AM   #9976
Cragster

Quote:
Hey guys!
I'm trying to setup CSI for one mft and have some problems (volume, selection, solo, mute, last touched fx param works great!)

2.Same with the zones. Do I understand correctly that you can press a button and specific the knobs/buttons will change their functions? Sometimes I can go to another zone but I cannot go back. (I've tried it with pan on a V row, didn't work out)

3.I can't change LED meter types for mft (for pan and width). I can only use mf_utility for it?

4. When I press the knob and turn in (ShiftRotate) values come up inverted and weird (not a big deal if i can use modifiers to get alternative functions)

Unfinished zon file:
Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection
	OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-4"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"

ButtonB2	Shift
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator 

RotaryV| 	TrackVolume [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]
	RotaryM| 	TrackPan 0 [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]	
	RotaryB4 	FocusedFXParam [ (0.0001,0.0015,0.002,0.0025,0.005,0.0075,0.0125,0.025,0.05,0.066,0.075) ]
	RotaryA|	TrackOutputMeter
	ButtonB3	Reaper _RS2182bf32a6716b0bc7db079f15ef087f231f69e9
	ButtonB4	Reaper _RS32a7eb909a13378ddec46b9442cc3ccb72d51b53

ButtonV|	TrackSelect { 0 255 255 0 255 10 }
	ButtonM| 	TrackMute { 0 255 255 0 255 240 }	
	ButtonA| 	TrackSolo { 0 255 255 242 255 0 }
ZoneEnd
my mft rows:

it will be great to use some modifier buttons for switching V (or other) row to control something else (pan or sends)

Thanks!
Hey check out post # 9470 of this thread if u need further help. There are files posted for the MFT there. Compliments of funkybot so they are definitely good files
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #9977
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hey Geoff,

What’s your thoughts on a potential release of the ne EuCon layer?
Working through some issues right now, so can't say, don't want to promise something and not deliver, and sorting these things out can take a lot of effort sometimes, as I'm sure you know
Old 08-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #9978
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
I know im a little late to the party with this... but i just started experimenting deeper with the encoder acceleration stuff and i gotta say that the tick count thing together with the steps is a BEAUTIFUL thing. like really nice !!!!
thats a genious at work right there.. thanks Geoff !!!
Yeah, acceleration is a lot of fun
Old 08-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #9979
Funkybot

You're certainly welcome to my MFTwister files if you want to try them but I have my device setup very differently than what you're doing and not using modifiers on the MFTwister. To get those to work you'd need to add release messages in the .mst at the minimum. That said, my files are here if you want to check them out. The naming convention for widgets uses a "banks of 8" concept where the top two rows are A1-A8, next two are B1-B8, then Page2 begins with C1-C8, etc. This widget naming methodology works really well with CSI and you may want to consider something like this (or not )...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfikysmeco...0v1-5.zip?dl=0

Quote:
Hey guys!

See Inertia's post. You probably need to define the release message in the MFT.mst file. There was some back and forth about how to handle this, but release messages are definitely required if you intend on using a button as a modifier.

Quote:
Check out the [I believe] mcu.zon to see how it flips between Pan and PanWidth zones. You'll see that the main channel zone has Rotary assigned to Pan and a GoZone PanWidth assigned to RotaryPush. This is the initialized state. Then there is a PanWidth zone where RotaryPush takes you to GoZone Pan, then there is a Pan zone where GoZone takes you to PanWidth (this is how you alternate between the two).

Quote:
Yes, right now this is only possible via the Utility.

Quote:
I've noticed something weird with ShiftRotary's on the MFTwister. Not sure if it's a bug in the firmware or what. Haven't had time to really dig in yet, but something I've been meaning to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hey check out post # 9470 of this thread if u need further help. There are files posted for the MFT there. Compliments of funkybot so they are definitely good files
At one point there was some debate about whether to include release messages (at they time they weren't necessary, but I think we convinced Geoff to agree we should always keep them), so I should warn, my MFTwister.mst doesn't actually include the release messages in the .mst at the moment, which would be required for using any of the buttons as a modifier.

Intertia's post includes the press and release commands that would be needed.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #9980
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post

Thanks
Hello, I have the older Qcon ProX, precursor to the G2 kinda. I have a full review on this site somewhere, and gear slutz. But Airon is right, get your hands on if you can first. I wish I did, or I'd prob use the Xtouch now and the main reason is:

buttons - you can't tell from the pictures in either case, but the buttons on the Qcon are plastic and click. Personally, I hate that sound but I like the feel. In this case the biggest issue I have is that often pressing any button once will trigger a double press. This gets me often, i'm recording a client, I press record, I sit back, they perform....but the stupid darn thing actually stopped recording immediately because of double press. Ugh. Had I felt the buttons in advance I may have caught it and avoided. Just an example of why its important to get hands on. Xtouch buttons are rubber, soft, quiet. Opposite feel, and with my XT mini I have never had the double press ever. Not sure about the G2, but looks like the same buttons to me.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #9981
andyp24

Thanks for that poetnprophet
Old 08-18-2020, 01:59 PM   #9982
Funkybot

I've got the X-Touch One and can confirm I've never had an issue with double triggering on the rubber-ish buttons.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:22 AM   #9983
conorg

Has anyone had any success in using an iPad with TouchOSC / Lemur / Midi Designer to open up a two-way communication to a VSTi synth? So if a patch is loaded in the synth, all the iPad controls snap to the correct values?

It would be great to see a working example of this just to confirm that it is possible and to use as a starting point for creating some templates of my own.

Cheers.
conorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #9984
shakespeare

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoko View Post
Hi Folks,

trying to setup a control surface with my 24" Touch Monitor via OSC(with Open Stage Control -> https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net).
Did a fresh Reaper install, no midi devices are configured.

Followed the guide in the wiki...

Took the MackieC4Emu.ost file and added a mute1 widget:
Code:
Widget Mute1
Control /Mute1
FB_Processor /Mute1
WidgetEnd
Open Stage Control is sending to port 8090(and receiving on 8080) and reaper is muting the first channel (when pushing the Button on the Touch Monitor -> like wanted !!).

In CSI Edit Mode i can see in and out messages ("/Mute1").

But i do not receive any OSC Messages from Reaper in Open Stage Control (OSC Messages are monitored in Open Stage Control, Firewall in WIN10 is disabled).

What to do?

Thanks, klaus
did you find a Solution for this ?

because i have the same Problem with Open Stage Control (O-S-C) -> https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net)

tested with lemur, TouchOSC, midi, etc all work fine.
but Open stage Control not, or only one way.
whats different about Open Stage Control is that its host application sends and receives from the same machine, localhost.

CSI blocks both in and out ports instead of just the out port in settings.

if i set CSI to:

8701 out

i cannot set OpenStageControl to:

8701 in

i get the error port already in use 8701 in O-S-C

maybe this is a bug or i do something wrong
bummer because OpenStageControl is literally the best out there, and free.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #9985
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorg View Post
Has anyone had any success in using an iPad with TouchOSC / Lemur / Midi Designer to open up a two-way communication to a VSTi synth? So if a patch is loaded in the synth, all the iPad controls snap to the correct values?

It would be great to see a working example of this just to confirm that it is possible and to use as a starting point for creating some templates of my own.

Cheers.
Here's a quick demo using TouchOSC with VST FX, VSTi's will behave similarly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #9986
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
did you find a Solution for this ?

because i have the same Problem with Open Stage Control (O-S-C) -> https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net)

tested with lemur, TouchOSC, midi, etc all work fine.
but Open stage Control not, or only one way.
whats different about Open Stage Control is that its host application sends and receives from the same machine, localhost.

CSI blocks both in and out ports instead of just the out port in settings.

if i set CSI to:

8701 out

i cannot set OpenStageControl to:

8701 in

i get the error port already in use 8701 in O-S-C

maybe this is a bug or i do something wrong
bummer because OpenStageControl is literally the best out there, and free.
I'm no network guru, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the same port for in and out on the same IP address regardless of the software you are using.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #9987
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Here's a quick demo using TouchOSC with VST FX, VSTi's will behave similarly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be
You're a fuck**g genius
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #9988
Equitone

Default Cakewalk surface

Hi,
I've a friend who has one of these, probably about 20 years old. He seems to think it won't send the correct midi messages to Reaper. Is this the case, or can I increase his joy potential?
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:07 PM   #9989
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Hi,
I've a friend who has one of these, probably about 20 years old. He seems to think it won't send the correct midi messages to Reaper. Is this the case, or can I increase his joy potential?
What Cakewalk surface? Do you have more information.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #9990
Equitone

Quote:
What Cakewalk surface? Do you have more information.
No, I believe it was just marketted as the Cakewalk Control Surface.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #9991
Equitone

Quote:
No, I believe it was just marketted as the Cakewalk Control Surface.
I'm wrong. It's a Cakewalk StudioMix.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #9992
poetnprophet

If it means anything ,I used to use the Roland VS-700 (cakewalk branded) with CSI here when I first started...but i really need more faders and it wasn't expandable. Still is hands down the best engineered mixer control I ever touched....mannnnnn.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #9993
Funkybot

Quote:
I'm wrong. It's a Cakewalk StudioMix.
Not familiar with that one. CSI will work with MIDI, MCU, OSC, and EUcon. Wouldn't hurt to plug in the MIDI ports and see if it can send/receive data to CSI.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #9994
Equitone

Quote:
Not familiar with that one. CSI will work with MIDI, MCU, OSC, and EUcon. Wouldn't hurt to plug in the MIDI ports and see if it can send/receive data to CSI.
I think it's a case of just firing it up with a blank .mst and .zon file. Run CSI_Edit and see what happens. Thanks
Old 08-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #9995
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hello, I have the older Qcon ProX, precursor to the G2 kinda. I have a full review on this site somewhere, and gear slutz. But Airon is right, get your hands on if you can first. I wish I did, or I'd prob use the Xtouch now and the main reason is:

buttons - you can't tell from the pictures in either case, but the buttons on the Qcon are plastic and click. Personally, I hate that sound but I like the feel. In this case the biggest issue I have is that often pressing any button once will trigger a double press. This gets me often, i'm recording a client, I press record, I sit back, they perform....but the stupid darn thing actually stopped recording immediately because of double press. Ugh. Had I felt the buttons in advance I may have caught it and avoided. Just an example of why its important to get hands on. Xtouch buttons are rubber, soft, quiet. Opposite feel, and with my XT mini I have never had the double press ever. Not sure about the G2, but looks like the same buttons to me.
That is Good to know. Thank you. Shame since that display looked nice. Are the faders performing to your satisfaction ?
Old 08-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #9996
poetnprophet

Quote:
That is Good to know. Thank you. Shame since that display looked nice. Are the faders performing to your satisfaction ?
faders are great, pretty long throw, really great for automation. I was actually going to put the set for sale, but then I saw the prices are now up 50% so I guess I should just keep, who knows if they become collector. I don't think the ProX was very popular.

Also I was using my FP-1 to record myself, and those buttons also double press! THey are also plastic click buttons, unlike the FP2 which are better buttons.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #9997
airon

Yeah, the FP 1. Got that too but I have NEVER used those buttons for anything. Glad I do not have to depend on them.

The Faderport 16 is somewhat unfortunantely beset by a bug in either the firmware or the basic hardware design that brings down the rate of transfer for the position of faders, if any of the others are moving. It's been acknowledged by Presonus support, but there has been no development on this in months. Could be the human malware crisis, but in the meantime I would discourage any professional automation user from picking up any of the Presonus 8 and 16 units for heavy automation duties.

That's one of the reasons I'm looking at alternatives like the X-Touch.

And it's the reason I'm keeping my trusty little Faderport 1 around. Decent fader. I put an Alps fadercap on it too.

Can CSI deal with the Faderport 1 fader yet ? A long time ago I tried but CSI had no means by which to interpret what the fader does.

Hell, maybe I should get a Faderport v2 instead .
Old 08-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #9998
Funkybot

Quote:
Can CSI deal with the Faderport 1 fader yet ? A long time ago I tried but CSI had no means by which to interpret what the fader does.

Hell, maybe I should get a Faderport v2 instead .

Nope. Still doesn't work with the FaderPort 1 fader.

Are you also a Studio One user? If not, I'd seriously look at the X-Touch One over the Faderport v2.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #9999
karbomusic

Quote:
Yeah, the FP 1. Got that too but I have NEVER used those buttons for anything. Glad I do not have to depend on them.
The FPXT extension works for FP1 FYI.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #10000
_Stevie_

@Geoff
In regard to touch automation write mode:
how did you solve the issue that there is not touch release command in the Reaper API?