Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 03-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #121
gapalil001
Human being with feelings

Minor Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001 View Post
V1.65c (Google Drive Only) 19 March 2021
- new TCP folder button: tiny dot in place where was ugly plus. plus are displays when mouseower
- new media explorer "back", "forward", "up", "refresh" buttons to fit the whole cartoon style
- unselected media items are rounded now
- TCP meters are rounded now
- some theme images are collapsed for better performance

Last edited by gapalil001; 03-28-2021 at 05:50 PM.
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:58 AM   #122
sguyader

Hi and thanks for your updates. I have a remark/question: the main transport control seem to stick to the left side of the Reaper window, and it can be a pain when the widow is large (I have very wide curved monitor) and in that case I have to often make long mouse movements to the left side in order to reach the transport controls. Can this be modified somewhere in the configuration file, so that it gets in the center of the bottom bar??
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #123
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
Hi and thanks for your updates. I have a remark/question: the main transport control seem to stick to the left side of the Reaper window, and it can be a pain when the widow is large (I have very wide curved monitor) and in that case I have to often make long mouse movements to the left side in order to reach the transport controls. Can this be modified somewhere in the configuration file, so that it gets in the center of the bottom bar??
Thank you! my transport panel coordinate system is a bit complicated because of advanced size-changing behavior. I may to create new layout to solve your request. I would note that I use keyboard commands to manage transport (space bar, etc.), and if you don’t, I would recommend to dock transport at the side with another docked toolbar. In this case you can manually setup transport element position in between of screen edges,
Old 03-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #124
Kewl

Here's a small glitch that I'm sure you're trying to get rid of. It was there on previous version, but more apparent.

In any case, your theme is my go to one: your desire to get away from skeuomorphism is commendable.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png detail.png (4.6 KB, 158 views)
Kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:07 PM   #125
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
Here's a small glitch that I'm sure you're trying to get rid of. It was there on previous version, but more apparent.

In any case, your theme is my go to one: your desire to get away from skeuomorphism is commendable.

Cheers!
Exactly YES! But it’s not a bug, it’s workaround to make able orange foreground for volume slider. Technically it’s part of volume label background image and it masks long orange strip from volume slider though the mixer window till the bottom. It’s all because volume slider foregrounds does not exist in reaper I created thread about that and you commented them for support, but according to content of your “not too short” message, you didn’t read it

Also thank you for your feedback about design! I don’t like skeuomorphism in production software. Strong organization and fast structure understanding is most important for me
Old 03-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #126
Kewl

Quote:
I created thread about that and you commented them for support, but according to content of your “not too short” message, you didn’t read it
No, I read it, but I forgot about it.
Kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 AM   #127
talustalus

Quote:
Minor Update
This is such a great theme. I just discovered today. Beautiful take on it.

I can't see media items being rounded though, definitely straight-edged here (v1.65c).

You have combined all my favorite kind of elements in this theme, and it makes Reaper look beautiful (a good change!)

I've never seen it look so "legitimate". Other themes give me anxiety :/
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:04 AM   #128
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
This is such a great theme. I just discovered today. Beautiful take on it.

I can't see media items being rounded though, definitely straight-edged here (v1.65c).

You have combined all my favorite kind of elements in this theme, and it makes Reaper look beautiful (a good change!)

I've never seen it look so "legitimate". Other themes give me anxiety :/
Thank You a LOT! there is one of the moments i made my theme for!

in my theme media item rounds is about 2-3px and doesn't work in bright theme now, will be fixed in future!
Old 04-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #129
d. gauss

looks good. any reason why there aren't guidelines for the mixer faders? e.g. where's the line for zero? -10, etc. thx.
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #130
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
looks good. any reason why there aren't guidelines for the mixer faders? e.g. where's the line for zero? -10, etc. thx.
1- there are variable setups for volume range - in different setups you will have different zero positions. i use range -30db up to +0db because i always need to fade down to protect clipping and got some headroom. there is similar situation with other guidelines for -10db, etc. that means that the guidelines are applied only for default preferences

2 - my faders are stretchable, and if guidelines are exists, its can be only a part of MCP background, so you would have some graphical issues like bluring and stretching on expanding/collapsing, and also if your shape are setted are not "linear", all these guidelines will be wrong

3 - volume label are exactly correct

But.. there is zero line must be, and it’s don’t displays. I must solve it, thanks!

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-03-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:45 PM   #131
talustalus

Quote:
Thank You a LOT! there is one of the moments i made my theme for!

in my theme media item rounds is about 2-3px and doesn't work in bright theme now, will be fixed in future!

Ah, well that explains it - I'm using bright theme. Thank you for your creation, it has a huge impact on my workflow and I'm sure many others as well so there are real benefits, not just cosmetic! My heart smiles when I open Reaper now.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:23 PM   #132
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001
2 - my faders are stretchable, and if guidelines are exists, its can be only a part of MCP background, so you would have some graphical issues like bluring and stretching on expanding/collapsing, and also if your shape are setted are not "linear", all these guidelines will be wrong
I'm curious to know why you decided not use a knob stack for this?
The Beatwing volume knob stack is a good reference if you just need to see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001
But.. there is zero line must be, and it’s don’t displays. I must solve it, thanks!
have you tried adjusting the color for the Zero line in the pre-Walter code at the top of the RTconfig?

::
Old 04-05-2021, 04:52 AM   #133
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
I'm curious to know why you decided not use a knob stack for this?
The Beatwing volume knob stack is a good reference if you just need to see one.

thanks! i know beatwing theme and i've analyse it. i don't want to use knobstacks for MCP volume because i need to keep stretchability of mixer to allow it looks and works adequately with any sizes and user can use it with any size, especially when mixer is docked. beatwing mixer is going hell when i compress it

also i got idea to insist that developers introduce volume foregrounds in order to avoid workarounds. i realy don't like workarounds. I'm also preparing a new thread on the forum about where the structure of the topic needs to be improved, in order not to use workarounds (using tcp_idxbg instead of tcp_bg, no posibilities to use envcp_bg with alpha channels, possibility to move left edge of tcp_bg/envcp_bg according to folderindent, etc..)

Quote:

have you tried adjusting the color for the Zero line in the pre-Walter code at the top of the RTconfig?

yes and have no results=( i've waste two evenings for that, and leave this string as "mcp_vol_zeroline 85858585". i think that trouble can be also in mcp.volume.color(last four), but it does not affects anything. this is some real mystics for me. i would be happy when i find the answer

Thank You, Lucas!
Old 04-05-2021, 08:09 AM   #134
lucas_LCS

Quote:
... leave this string as "mcp_vol_zeroline 85858585". i think that trouble can be also in mcp.volume.color(last four), but it does not affects anything. this is some real mystics for me. i would be happy when i find the answer
The issue appears to be with the mcp_volthumb.png itself.
The zeroline seems to determine where the middle of the volthumb image is and set itself there.
This requires you to balance the size top of the image with the bottom.

Try the using the volthumb image I uploaded to Stash.
right click on this link and select "Save Link As":
Madness_mcp_volthumb.png

I suggest using the following code to turn the volume line a neon green to see it easily when testing:
mcp_vol_zeroline FF00FF00

Note #1: The round white knob will still cover the zeroline, but only when it's at the zero position.

Note #2: If you want the line to be smaller in width, that's tied to your VolBG width.
you'll need to use pink and yellow lines to define a smaller "active" area in the VolBG image to give it the same apearance you currently have.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:14 AM   #135
gapalil001

Quote:
The issue appears to be with the mcp_volthumb.png itself.
The zeroline seems to determine where the middle of the volthumb image is and set itself there.
This requires you to balance the size top of the image with the bottom.

Try the using the volthumb image I uploaded to Stash.
right click on this link and select "Save Link As":
Madness_mcp_volthumb.png

I suggest using the following code to turn the volume line a neon green to see it easily when testing:
mcp_vol_zeroline FF00FF00

Note #1: The round white knob will still cover the zeroline, but only when it's at the zero position.

Note #2: If you want the line to be smaller in width, that's tied to your VolBG width.
you'll need to use pink and yellow lines to define a smaller "active" area in the VolBG image to give it the same apearance you currently have.

GOD DAMN!!!! YOU MAKES MY DAY I FINALLY SEE ZERO LINE!!! your image is helps! please tell how can i to thank you?
Old 04-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #136
gapalil001

Quote:
V1.65c2 (Google Drive Only) 6 april 2021
- new splashscreen on startup/project load (if enabled)
- MCP displays zeroline in mixer for volume fader (thanks to Lucas LCS)
- MCP new labels for volume/pan/width - volume label are always white and pan/width are dark grey now
- MCP fixed volume fader position when number of tracks are bigger than 4
- new folder comp TCP button when child tracks are hidden
some minor updates
you can find old versions in "OLD" folder at google drive
Old 04-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #137
gapalil001

what parameters would you like to see in theme adjuster?
Old 04-08-2021, 04:09 AM   #138
talustalus

Quote:
what parameters would you like to see in theme adjuster?

I like the 'Folder' writing on folder tracks, but not all folder tracks. I don't know how this can be chosen for certain "folder" tracks and not others. (also the record button disappears because of the "Folder" writing. Maybe *that's* the thing that could be a parameter in the theme adjuster for TCP.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #139
gapalil001

Quote:
I like the 'Folder' writing on folder tracks, but not all folder tracks. I don't know how this can be chosen for certain "folder" tracks and not others. (also the record button disappears because of the "Folder" writing. Maybe *that's* the thing that could be a parameter in the theme adjuster for TCP.
It was in old versions, but I change the behavior because folder track is a container and there is no need to record arm it if the organization of the project adheres to the order. But you still can use mixer for it, I haven't had time to remove them from there yet😂😂😂
Old 04-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #140
talustalus

Quote:
It was in old versions, but I change the behavior because folder track is a container and there is no need to record arm it if the organization of the project adheres to the order. But you still can use mixer for it, I haven't had time to remove them from there yet😂😂😂
Totally understand that logic.

Yes, having the record button in the mixer certainly solves it for me.

The only use case where I want record button on a folder is for my silly long macro/custom actions, which places audio layers as child tracks under a 'master folder' track I use to record on. Just my silly workflow.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:45 AM   #141
gapalil001

Quote:
Totally understand that logic.

Yes, having the record button in the mixer certainly solves it for me.

The only use case where I want record button on a folder is for my silly long macro/custom actions, which places audio layers as child tracks under a 'master folder' track I use to record on. Just my silly workflow.
I'm glad you understand that. there are some limitations that make us more organized, after which we feel yourself better. if you still need a record button for folders, you should add a shortcut, because apparently in the next update the mixer will look like this:

it is also possible that I leave it to the theme tweaker.
thanks for using my theme!
Old 04-09-2021, 02:22 AM   #142
mozart999uk

Quote:
Reaper has wonderful flexibility with folder tracks where they aren't just containers. I'm using the record feature on folder tracks a lot so that would be a big downer for me.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how your theme works?
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:39 AM   #143
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding how your theme works?
i mean that i would remove record buttons from folder tracks in mixer, but obviously not from tracks contained in folder, and no any changes to TCP. here is the example (and maybe the new update)

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-09-2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:54 AM   #144
mozart999uk

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah that would be a problem for me 😥
Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 AM   #145
gapalil001

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah that would be a problem for me ��
I guess I can get it to theme tweaker to set it optionally. Please note that “folder track” means parent track only. But I can’t figure out how do you use records of folder tracks? I usually create new child track and record to it. And last,Folder behavior in track panel is added a long time ago and featured for all layouts, why are you does not report it?

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-09-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:17 AM   #146
mozart999uk

Quote:
I guess I can get it to theme tweaker to set it optionally. Please note that “folder track” means parent track only. But I can’t figure out how do you use records of folder tracks? I usually create new child track and record to it. And last,Folder behavior in track panel is added a long time ago and featured for all layouts, why are you does not report it?
Thanks. I haven't downloaded and used your theme yet. I've been watching from the side lines to see how it develops :-)

Example

I have a track with a VSTi on it. I add a glitch fx after the vsti which needs midi control. I create a child track, routed to the midi input of the glitch FX. I could add another folder track and place them both in it but that is extra unnecessary routing :-)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #147
sguyader

It's still my favourite theme, the only one I use currently.
To you guys who use it, please consider donating
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #148
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
It's still my favourite theme, the only one I use currently.
To you guys who use it, please consider donating
thank you for support one more time
Old 04-09-2021, 07:46 AM   #149
gapalil001

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't downloaded and used your theme yet. I've been watching from the side lines to see how it develops :-)

Quote:
I have a track with a VSTi on it. I add a glitch fx after the vsti which needs midi control. I create a child track, routed to the midi input of the glitch FX. I could add another folder track and place them both in it but that is extra unnecessary routing :-)
sounds quite reasonable, time to have some fun with theme adjuster

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-10-2021 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #150
lucas_LCS

Quote:
GOD DAMN!!!! YOU MAKES MY DAY I FINALLY SEE ZERO LINE!!! your image is helps! please tell how can i to thank you?
I think you just did.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:10 AM   #151
gapalil001

Quote:
I think you just did.

Yes, and also a lot of things. the next update will be mind-blowing
Old 04-14-2021, 03:15 AM   #152
cjewellstudios

This theme is great!

Not sure how you made the timeline ruler bigger/clearer, but I love it. Since I've bought a 4k monitor, I haven't seen a theme that didn't make all of that barely legible for me. Until now! Well done!

I see paypal is in progress. I would much prefer to donate that way so I'll be following the thread for updates and news on paypal.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:20 AM   #153
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
This theme is great!

Not sure how you made the timeline ruler bigger/clearer, but I love it. Since I've bought a 4k monitor, I haven't seen a theme that didn't make all of that barely legible for me. Until now! Well done!

I see paypal is in progress. I would much prefer to donate that way so I'll be following the thread for updates and news on paypal.
Thank you! new update coming today, and it's will be the major update with new incredible features!

what about paypal - it's not available in our country, i will try VPN later, but there is no guaranties that it's will work. you can use Skrill for donations now, its pretty simple in use
Old 04-14-2021, 03:34 AM   #154
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Thank you! new update coming today, and it's will be the major update with new incredible features!

what about paypal - it's not available in our country, i will try VPN later, but there is no guaranties that it's will work. you can use Skrill for donations now, its pretty simple in use
Well in that case. I'm sorry then. I was trying to avoid signing up for something new but I'll use Skrill.

Can't wait for the update!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:09 AM   #155
gapalil001

Quote:
V1.7 NEW EXPERIENCE 14 april 2021
  1. - UH!!!!!
  2. - FINALLY THEME ADJUSTER
  3. YOU CAN SET FOR ALL LAYOUTS:
    • - TCP Meter position - set meter position between left(default) beterbridge (instead of fxlist) right (previously was side meter layout) and right edge
    • - TCP PAN/WIDTH MODE - switch between sliders and knobs
    • - TCP FXLIST minimal slot width - switch between 5 types of minimum FX/SEND width. 1 - slim 5 - large
    • - TCP switch to embedded UI of effects - swipe to show embedded UI of plug-ins instead of FX List. (by default it shows at the right side of FX List)
    • - TCP Folder record stuff - turn on to keep recarm/recmode/recmonitor buttons in TCP
    • - MCP Folder record stuff - turn on to keep recarm/recmode/recmonitor/recinput buttons in MCP
  4. - new gorgeous MCP DARK MODE Layout. join the dark side
  5. - new master MCP panel
  6. - re-designed pan/width knobs that fit whole design
  7. - Bright Version - fixed rounded media item frame for media items when unselected
this update is DOPE! let's make your custom configuration with theme adjuster! and enjoy the whole-new Mixer Dark Mode Layout!!!

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-14-2021 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:17 AM   #156
mozart999uk

This looks amazing. Thanks for adding the folder rec option.

As soon as I can, I'm in!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:34 AM   #157
gapalil001

Quote:
This looks amazing. Thanks for adding the folder rec option.

As soon as I can, I'm in!
Good! i like that You like it!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:35 AM   #158
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Well in that case. I'm sorry then. I was trying to avoid signing up for something new but I'll use Skrill.

Can't wait for the update!
already done!
Old 04-14-2021, 06:43 AM   #159
mozart999uk

Rookie question:

What do I need to do to back up my current theme, including any tweaks I've made with the theme adjuster so that I can get back to it if need be?
Old 04-14-2021, 07:40 AM   #160
cjewellstudios

Quote:
already done!
Oh man!

That looks great! Will test later.

Did you get the donation I sent through Skrill?