Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-13-2021, 06:00 AM   #1081
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Think of it this way: the idea is that the FXMenu in OSC tells your Twisters to load the "Pro-C" fx.zon on the selected track. The Twisters do that. When you GoZone back home, you've basically broken the mapping and everything's back to where it was.
This sounds right to me. The broadcasted Zone is the GoFXSlot action from the surface(A) that is displaying the FX menu.

The surface(B) that will actually map the FX parameters has the appropriate fx.zon in its folder and "receives" the broadcasted zone from the surface(A) with the FX menu.

I think it would probably be necessary for both surfaces to return Home together, so that would need to be broadcast/received as well.

A couple of thoughts. What happens if the required fx.zon is missing in surface(B)'s folder? Will it communicate that back to surface(A) so that surface(A) can display "NoMap" in the menu? Will CSI check for it's presence in surface(B)'s folder when it displays the FX menu?

Also, how will surface(A) display the fx name alias in the menu when the fx.zon is in surface(B)'s folder?

Last edited by MixMonkey; 04-15-2021 at 04:46 PM.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:05 AM   #1082
drummerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
Hi!

I‘m in the middle of trying to integrate my SSL Sigma and SSL UF8 into Reaper and having great success so far with CSI. One question I couldn‘t find an answer to is this:
The Sigma Control Plugin has 16 Faders.
Is it possible to Bank the FX-Controls so that
Bank 1: UF8 Faders 1-8 = Sigma Faders 1-8
Bank 2: UF8 Faders 1-8 = Sigma Faders 9-16?

Best,
Frank
Found it!
Just made 2 Zones "Bank 1" and "Bank 2" to define the next 8 Faders
drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:40 AM   #1083
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
When it comes down to it, GoFxSlot is actually GoZone in disguise

It says "for this track, activate whatever FX Zone is located at this slot".
***taps temple 3 times and then gestures broadly at the CSI hive mind***

You sly dogs!

Lol actually yeah that makes more sense now. I knew that it was semantics/verbiage I was getting stuck on.

#storyofmylife

Thanks everyone!

Very excited for this
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #1084
poetnprophet

Fly ball Left field:

Has anyone figured out how to implement a STATIC fx widget that is always on no matter what is selected? I'm specifically going for the master track here, but if it worked on any track that would too be swell
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:29 PM   #1085
cjewellstudios

No there isn't anything global yet.

If it's a toggle, you can possibly use a script to send a midi message to Reaper's control path. Then map the script to CSI.

If you'd like such a script, I've shared it before but I can share it here again.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #1086
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
No there isn't anything global yet.

If it's a toggle, you can possibly use a script to send a midi message to Reaper's control path. Then map the script to CSI.

If you'd like such a script, I've shared it before but I can share it here again.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I have a hard enough time keeping track of how all this works haha. I'll just wait for it....
Old 04-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #1087
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I have a hard enough time keeping track of how all this works haha. I'll just wait for it....
Just out of curiosity, what's the effect you're trying to control? I know you said Master Track, but is it really on the master, or is it a Monitoring FX?

I'm not sure if Reaper's API allows it, but I hope to someday see a MonitorFXNavigator that would let us map things like MetricAB or Sonarworks Reference on my Twister so it's always present. Just wonder if there are other use-cases that would need to be considered or if we're all trying to solve the same problem. With toggles, as pointed out above, the script workaround apparently does the job, but would be nice to see something built right in IMO.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:33 PM   #1088
Chuck Funkly

Default Workaround for Closing Bridged FX Windows

Hi Folks,
I posted on the main thread about an issue i had but i thought i'd post the workaround i arrived at in this thread
(its a setup issue, and the other thread is big enough).
The issue was with floating x86 bridged windows not responding to any Close commands.
The FX Chain window would close but leave the plugin GUI open, obscuring the track controls.
Thanks to Loulou92 for the tip. If you put the plugin offline it closes the window. Then you can put it back online manually.
I say "manually" as i found a quirk with scripting. If I declare a button with multiple actions :

Code:
    SomeButton     Toggle FX offline
    SomeButton     Close FX window
    SomeButton     Toggle FX online
... the window closes but immediately reopens. If however I only script the Toggle and Close,
and manually assign a button to do the second toggle online
it restarts the plugin WITHOUT opening the GUI, which is what i want.
Its not ideal but it saves having to reach for the mouse to close the window,
which kind of defeats the purpose of CSI

Hope this may help someone down the line. Any thoughts or tips let me know.
Chuck Funkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:14 PM   #1089
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's the effect you're trying to control? I know you said Master Track, but is it really on the master, or is it a Monitoring FX?

I'm not sure if Reaper's API allows it, but I hope to someday see a MonitorFXNavigator that would let us map things like MetricAB or Sonarworks Reference on my Twister so it's always present. Just wonder if there are other use-cases that would need to be considered or if we're all trying to solve the same problem. With toggles, as pointed out above, the script workaround apparently does the job, but would be nice to see something built right in IMO.
I have airwindows Monitoring on the master just before final analyzers. I want to be able to toggle on/off plus cycle through the different modes. That's really the only thing I'd use right now. One knob plus the knob-push and I'm good! It has to be on the master because I view the analyzers in real time.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:08 PM   #1090
maladie

Just got my X touch to work with the CSI after getting it last night. Just the bare bones version, but I wanted to thank the people making CSI and this thread. It's going to be very interesting! I download two examples for the X-touch from the beta days which I'll try out to learn the code, find the names of the different buttons, etc.
maladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #1091
uksnowy

Default guidance required

I find that I do not use my pan controls ever to set the pan. I tend to set and forget pan and can do that from the mouse. I would like to used my eight pan knobs to be FX send levels. What is the code for that?

If it is relevant I have an Icon Pro G2.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:04 AM   #1092
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladie View Post
Just got my X touch to work with the CSI after getting it last night. Just the bare bones version, but I wanted to thank the people making CSI and this thread. It's going to be very interesting! I download two examples for the X-touch from the beta days which I'll try out to learn the code, find the names of the different buttons, etc.
That's great !!

There have been small changes since the beta, so it's OK to use old files for learning, but make sure you use the newest versions with the latest code when you actually fire it up.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:16 AM   #1093
maladie

Quote:
That's great !!

There have been small changes since the beta, so it's OK to use old files for learning, but make sure you use the newest versions with the latest code when you actually fire it up.
Yup just saw the differences.

Two quite noob questions though:
1- Is it normal that with the CSI v1.0, there's no visual feedback on the X-touch? Seems like the .mst has some FB elements.
2- What do you guys use within Reaper to see what messages are being sent between the controller(s) and Reaper?

Thanks, and glad to be part of the community. There's just so many possibilities here, so I'm looking forward to learning and contributing.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #1094
maladie

Alright fixed issue #1, it was on the wrong MIDI channel for controller. You guys have done some fantastic work. I've now set up some custom actions in Reaper, and combined with plugin control on the X-touch, mixing will be very quick.

I'll try to post some specific plugin stuff when I have time to do so. Any interest for stuff from the following companies from whom I have a lot?
Flux, PSP, Omnisphere, Melda Productions, SWAM, etc.

EDIT: this might have been asked before... Is there a way to use the buses button to only see the top folders to each fader, while audio tracks would resume seeing everything. And then something similar for aux? Getting my head around the zone system now.

Last edited by maladie; 04-14-2021 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:25 AM   #1095
Funkybot

Quote:
2- What do you guys use within Reaper to see what messages are being sent between the controller(s) and Reaper?
Open Reaper's action list and type "CSI." There are actions to monitor what's coming in and out. There is also an action that will dump the FX Parameters to a text file that will help with fx.zon creation.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #1096
Funkybot

Quote:
EDIT: this might have been asked before... Is there a way to use the buses button to only see the top folders to each fader, while audio tracks would resume seeing everything. And then something similar for aux? Getting my head around the zone system now.

You can do something like this...

Code:
   Select|              TrackUniqueSelect
   Hold+Select          TrackUniqueSelect
   Hold+Select|         Reaper "41665"	//Show/hide children of selected tracks
   Hold+Select|         TrackToggleVCASpill
...in that example, if you hold down the Select button for two seconds, it will select the track, then expand/collapse the children tracks if a folder track, or toggle spilling of the tracks if a VCA track. This is also an example of chaining actions in CSI to act as macros:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...for-csi-macros

Think of it this way: if there's a way to do it in the Reaper action list, you can almost certainly have CSI do it, including running multiple Reaper actions off a single button press.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:50 AM   #1097
maladie

Thanks a lot for the help. And a final question for now just to make sure I understand something.

So I want to make a button light up when I trigger it just like the function buttons.

Code:
Widget Aux
	Press 90 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd
In this case I'm trying to make the Aux button light up in the same way, and not associating any function with it yet. So Press 90 15 7f associates it with that MIDI message, and then the FB_TwoState should report it. But I'm not having any effect here. Why not?

The only thing I'm getting from the console is:
Code:
IN <- X-touch RecordArm1 0.000000

Last edited by maladie; 04-14-2021 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #1098
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
I find that I do not use my pan controls ever to set the pan. I tend to set and forget pan and can do that from the mouse. I would like to used my eight pan knobs to be FX send levels. What is the code for that?

If it is relevant I have an Icon Pro G2.

Thanks.
Right now you can control multiple Sends for Selected Track, but I suspect you mean each rotary controls a Send for a given Track.

The EuCon implementation already does things this way, consider it added to the wish list for Midi/OSC.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #1099
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the help. And a final question for now just to make sure I understand something.

So I want to make a button light up when I trigger it just like the function buttons.

Code:
Widget Aux
	Press 90 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd
In this case I'm trying to make the Aux button light up in the same way, and not associating any function with it yet. So Press 90 15 7f associates it with that MIDI message, and then the FB_TwoState should report it. But I'm not having any effect here. Why not?

The only thing I'm getting from the console is:
Code:
Fundamental CSI principle, widget presses do not light things up, Actions do.

The feedback must be generated by an Action, it will then be sent to the widget.

There is no such thing as lighting up a button directly in CSI for a reason -- CSI just reports what Reaper is doing, so Reaper itself (through a CSI Action) turns lights on and off, not buttons -- buttons may request that Reaper do something, but Reaper makes the decision of whether the Action happens or not, so Reaper must control the feedback as well.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #1100
maladie

Aha, that's something I had missed in the feedback section. Thanks, it makes complete sense. I've been diving into the wiki and trying to get my head around it.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #1101
jazznfunk

Default weird action with same settings on different projects

As far as i know, Reaper doesn't change "Control surfaces/OSC/web control" settings from project to project according to CSI. Either my controller setup does.

I have Behringer X-Touch for mixer basics with some knobs customised and same brand X-touch mini without motorised parts for plugin control only.
I managed X-touch mini to switch in plugin control mode when channel and "fx zoned" plugin is active and when action "MapFocusedFXToWidgets" is activated with a press of a button.

Of course i built this setup with trial and error method in seperate Reaper project with few tracks and my "fx zoned" plugins (csi test 2.rpp).

All worked well, till i opened bigger, older project, recorded (big old project.rpp), edited earlier with no CSI and control surfaces. My X-touch mini doesn't respond on plugins! But it is "online", because it has assigned "Shift" button, who blinks some leds on big brother "X-Touch", who works as expected.

Can i ask You, guys, for a little investigation of attached files?
There is 2 project files, .txt renamed both surface zon files and one .txt renamed fx zon file (for S.LA.X).
Attached Files
File Type: rpp csi test 2.rpp (4.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: rpp big old project.rpp (253.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: txt BehringerXTouchH.txt (9.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: txt JS__S_LA_X.txt (1.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: txt XTouchMini.txt (777 Bytes, 63 views)
jazznfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:09 AM   #1102
uksnowy

Quote:
Right now you can control multiple Sends for Selected Track, but I suspect you mean each rotary controls a Send for a given Track.

The EuCon implementation already does things this way, consider it added to the wish list for Midi/OSC.
Hi Geoff, not quite. Apologies I did not express my requirements properly.

I have 8 encoders across the top of my controller that I would like to control send values to fx channels. for example, If I have 8 tracks with various FX. For the selected track, I would like the 8 encoders to act as sends level controllers.

I hope this is more clear.

EDIT.. I just realised another scenario. Could it be possible to have the encoders act as send level controllers per track and cycle through the different sends using the push. For example, The pan on ch1 controls all 8 sends for track1 and I select which send to control using the push switch. Eithermethod would work for me.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:03 AM   #1103
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, not quite. Apologies I did not express my requirements properly.

I have 8 encoders across the top of my controller that I would like to control send values to fx channels. for example, If I have 8 tracks with various FX. For the selected track, I would like the 8 encoders to act as sends level controllers.

I hope this is more clear.

EDIT.. I just realised another scenario. Could it be possible to have the encoders act as send level controllers per track and cycle through the different sends using the push. For example, The pan on ch1 controls all 8 sends for track1 and I select which send to control using the push switch. Eithermethod would work for me.
You can already do the first scenario you describe: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...iki/Send-Zones

The second scenario is the one that's been added to the wish list.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #1104
uksnowy

Quote:
You can already do the first scenario you describe: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...iki/Send-Zones

The second scenario is the one that's been added to the wish list.
Thanks Geoff, I can see how that would allow the use of sends. I'm not sure it is what I am thinking about. Forgive me if I have misunderstood.

My thinking is that my 8 knobs on my control surface are permanently assigned to sends 1-8. Track_Select would then give the focus of the 8 knobs to the sends of the selected track. Is this possible?
Old 04-16-2021, 03:10 AM   #1105
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks Geoff, I can see how that would allow the use of sends. I'm not sure it is what I am thinking about. Forgive me if I have misunderstood.

My thinking is that my 8 knobs on my control surface are permanently assigned to sends 1-8. Track_Select would then give the focus of the 8 knobs to the sends of the selected track. Is this possible?
Yes, just use wiki as an example, with one change.

Instead of this:

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     Send                              MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     Cancel                            GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd

put this in your Home Zone

Code:
Zone Home
     OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Anytime you select a track, the knobs will be mapped to the Sends 1-8 -- make sure to remember to set the number of Sends to 8 in the config panel
Old 04-16-2021, 03:44 AM   #1106
daveydouble

Default Before I get stuck in...

Hoping someone can clear up a couple of things for me before I dive in to setting up CSI with my hardware:

I have:
Behringer X-Touch Compact
Behringer X-Touch Mini
Novation Nocturn
Actionn Midi Stompbox with M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal
Streamdeck 15-key
Samsung S6 Android tablet

I hoping to:
XTC faders control Reaper faders
XTC buttons for Solo, Mute, Select and Arm
XTC Transport buttons for Reaper Transport
XTC Layer buttons for Banking (maybe?)
XTC pots 1-8 control Pan
XTC pots 9-16 control FX on selected channel
XTM pots 1-8 control FX on selected channel
XTM buttons for FX Chain Open
Nocturn pots 1-8 for FX on selected channel (although it might not work if I don't use Automap so might be ditched)
Actionn MIDI Floor controller specifically controlling a single channels Amplitube functions with Expression pedal specifically controlling Wah/Whammy Pedal

I'm also hoping to:
Integrate Streamdeck for some Action or possibly calling Instrument/Bus specific fader layouts (like 'All Drums', 'All Guitars' etc)
Have visual feedback via OSC to Android tablet to show current FX Parameters (with the screen layout mirroring where the pots are in front of me.

Basically... Am I going in theright direction? Is this going to be possible? Am I likely to hit any roadblocks in getting this working?

Thanks in advance everyone!
daveydouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:06 AM   #1107
drummerboy

I‘m almost done with mapping my UF8 to my ssl Sigma Plugins.
Only one problem: can the fader-law in FX Control somehow be adjusted?
I get the most movement in the upper 10% of my hardware fader, not ideal.
Might have to use the pots instead if this isn‘t adjustable.

Great work with the CSI Software!

Best,
Frank
drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #1108
ezellohar

Another (silly) question: is there a way to set the amount that a TrackVolume change affect the volume? (using rotary encoders)

Starting at 0.00db, with 'default' shape in preferences, a + tick changes 0.36db, a - tick 0.38.
With linear 1.0 shape a +or- tick is +or-0.67db.
Linear seems a better option, but what if I'd like to change the volume by a different amount with each tick? (let's say 0.1). Is it even possible?
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #1109
BerlinAudioProds

Default Receive bank?

Hello all. First time posting. Just got my XTouch and through various videos and forum posts got it up and running and have already started tweeking the maps to my liking. Strong praises to Geoff and everyone else who has contributed.

My question:

I would like to select a track and press a button (I'm assuming I will use Busses for this) and have the faders or rotary's represent the -receives- on that given channel. I see there are some reaper actions to interact with receives, but they seem limited. Any guidance?

Thank you!
BerlinAudioProds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #1110
sguyader

Do you confirm that CSI is not yet compatible with apple ARM?
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:27 AM   #1111
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveydouble View Post
Hoping someone can clear up a couple of things for me before I dive in to setting up CSI with my hardware:

I have:
Behringer X-Touch Compact
Behringer X-Touch Mini
Novation Nocturn
Actionn Midi Stompbox with M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal
Streamdeck 15-key
Samsung S6 Android tablet

I hoping to:
XTC faders control Reaper faders
XTC buttons for Solo, Mute, Select and Arm
XTC Transport buttons for Reaper Transport
XTC Layer buttons for Banking (maybe?)
XTC pots 1-8 control Pan
XTC pots 9-16 control FX on selected channel
XTM pots 1-8 control FX on selected channel
XTM buttons for FX Chain Open
Nocturn pots 1-8 for FX on selected channel (although it might not work if I don't use Automap so might be ditched)
Actionn MIDI Floor controller specifically controlling a single channels Amplitube functions with Expression pedal specifically controlling Wah/Whammy Pedal

I'm also hoping to:
Integrate Streamdeck for some Action or possibly calling Instrument/Bus specific fader layouts (like 'All Drums', 'All Guitars' etc)
Have visual feedback via OSC to Android tablet to show current FX Parameters (with the screen layout mirroring where the pots are in front of me.

Basically... Am I going in theright direction? Is this going to be possible? Am I likely to hit any roadblocks in getting this working?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Can't say for sure about roadblocks, but yeah, CSI should be able to do most of what you want.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:32 AM   #1112
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
I‘m almost done with mapping my UF8 to my ssl Sigma Plugins.
Only one problem: can the fader-law in FX Control somehow be adjusted?
I get the most movement in the upper 10% of my hardware fader, not ideal.
Might have to use the pots instead if this isn‘t adjustable.

Great work with the CSI Software!

Best,
Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
Another (silly) question: is there a way to set the amount that a TrackVolume change affect the volume? (using rotary encoders)

Starting at 0.00db, with 'default' shape in preferences, a + tick changes 0.36db, a - tick 0.38.
With linear 1.0 shape a +or- tick is +or-0.67db.
Linear seems a better option, but what if I'd like to change the volume by a different amount with each tick? (let's say 0.1). Is it even possible?

Have a look at this, you should be able to get what you want: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders
Old 04-17-2021, 03:33 AM   #1113
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinAudioProds View Post
Hello all. First time posting. Just got my XTouch and through various videos and forum posts got it up and running and have already started tweeking the maps to my liking. Strong praises to Geoff and everyone else who has contributed.

My question:

I would like to select a track and press a button (I'm assuming I will use Busses for this) and have the faders or rotary's represent the -receives- on that given channel. I see there are some reaper actions to interact with receives, but they seem limited. Any guidance?

Thank you!
We haven't implemented Receives yet, but they are on the list.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:35 AM   #1114
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
Do you confirm that CSI is not yet compatible with apple ARM?
Correct at this time, we will probably look into this soon.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:19 AM   #1115
daveydouble

Quote:
Can't say for sure about roadblocks, but yeah, CSI should be able to do most of what you want.
Thanks Geoff! Looking forward to putting this rig together!
daveydouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:05 AM   #1116
BerlinAudioProds

Quote:
We haven't implemented Receives yet, but they are on the list.
Brilliant.

I am still only a year in to reaper, but I do have some scripting/dev chops. Would you be able to brain dump just a few resources I could look at to see what methods exist? I may be able to help move things forward on this.

Thanks again!

Edit: I found the repo on Github. You have truly done a tremendous amount of work here. It looks like you are calling direct to the Reaper API, so receives should be a question of building out GetTrackReceiveName, GetTrackReceiveUIMute and GetTrackReceiveUIVolPan. At first glance, this doesn't look horribly complicated just to expose these methods through CSI...Though I have made that mistake before. I'll keep digging.

Last edited by BerlinAudioProds; 04-17-2021 at 12:42 PM.
BerlinAudioProds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #1117
ezellohar

Quote:
Have a look at this, you should be able to get what you want: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders
actually, I've read it, but I'm not getting what I need. The page says that db based actions do not have a 0.0-1.0 range, but then it says "forget those for now" and never explains further.

I've tried by myself to put in my zon file a custom delta:
Code:
    Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.001) ]
But any amount I've typed seems to have no effect. tried 0.001 0.05 and 0.1. The volume always change by 0.67db which was the same amount without any custom delta value in the zon file.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #1118
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
actually, I've read it, but I'm not getting what I need. The page says that db based actions do not have a 0.0-1.0 range, but then it says "forget those for now" and never explains further.

I've tried by myself to put in my zon file a custom delta:
Code:
    Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.001) ]
But any amount I've typed seems to have no effect. tried 0.001 0.05 and 0.1. The volume always change by 0.67db which was the same amount without any custom delta value in the zon file.
What does the widget in your .mst look like?

It almost seems like you are using an encoder with an absolute value rather than +/- encoder.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #1119
sguyader

Quote:
Correct at this time, we will probably look into this soon.
Thank you. I'm experimenting CSI on my X-Touch one and so far it's great (using the Selected Track .zon file).
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #1120
ezellohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
What does the widget in your .mst look like?

It almost seems like you are using an encoder with an absolute value rather than +/- encoder.
Here it is:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-07 < 41-47 ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
        Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd