Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #1161
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I notice this on the "Encoders" Section of the Wiki:

About 1/3rd down the page there is a title named "Custom Parameter Ranges, Deltas, and Acceleration". Above the title, things that are being discussed are in the MST file and things below the title are found in the main ZON file. This might not be clear to people starting with CSI. Just might want to point that out.
Thanks, cleaned that up a bit

@Funkybot is spot on as usual, you need both press and release widgets.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:25 AM   #1162
HeikoJ

Default Icon QCon Pro G2

hi all,

here are my latest files for the Pro G2.

PDF with layout is included as are some .zon files for plugins (Plugin Alliance, Fabfilter, Waves, Klanghelm, Voxengo)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icon QConProG2 - 2021.04.29.zip (136.3 KB, 115 views)
HeikoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:53 AM   #1163
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeikoJ View Post
hi all,

here are my latest files for the Pro G2.

PDF with layout is included as are some .zon files for plugins (Plugin Alliance, Fabfilter, Waves, Klanghelm, Voxengo)
Thanks for the great work !

These will be included in the next build.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #1164
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
Sorry to bother you again, but I've made a few more tests, without success.

Is TrackVolume custom delta working differently? I'm not able to set a different encoder tick size
Sorry for the long delay in answering.

If I set:
Code:
Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.001,0.02,0.04,0.06,0.1) ]
....the TrackVolume moves in increments of ~0.05dB at its slowest turn rate (more as you turn faster) This is on a Mackie MCU. The .mst entry for the rotary looks like this:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0f < 41-4f ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
	Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:12 AM   #1165
ezellohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Sorry for the long delay in answering.

If I set:
Code:
Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.001,0.02,0.04,0.06,0.1) ]
....the TrackVolume moves in increments of ~0.05dB at its slowest turn rate (more as you turn faster) This is on a Mackie MCU. The .mst entry for the rotary looks like this:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0f < 41-4f ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
	Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
First of all, thank you for your answer, your help and the time you spent researching.

I've tried your code, and indeed that worked to set the custom delta (tick size).
I'm using an X-Touch mini in mackie mode, so my mst is similar:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
		Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
Just acceleration values are different.

What's different is the tick behaviour. First of all, I'd like to point out that the tick size is dependant on the volume fader shape (preferences > track control panels > volume/pan faders > shape).
On default, your settings give +0.04dB -0.06dB starting from 0.00.
With linear shape, the tick is 0.08(3) The '3' decimal is periodic and not showed, but appears when you move the fader enough.

After A LOT of calculations, trial and errors, I've came up with the following values:
Code:
Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.00119222,0.0023844,0.0047688,0.0095377,0.01907555,0.03815111,0.07630222) ]
This, with linear shape, grants 0.1dB ticks.

I hope all of this could be useful to others

EDIT: decimals are still not perfected, but they should be close enough in the meantime

Last edited by ezellohar; 04-30-2021 at 03:20 AM.
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #1166
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
First of all, thank you for your answer, your help and the time you spent researching.

I've tried your code, and indeed that worked to set the custom delta (tick size).
I'm using an X-Touch mini in mackie mode, so my mst is similar:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
		Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
Just acceleration values are different.

What's different is the tick behaviour. First of all, I'd like to point out that the tick size is dependant on the volume fader shape (preferences > track control panels > volume/pan faders > shape).
On default, your settings give +0.04dB -0.06dB starting from 0.00.
With linear shape, the tick is 0.08(3) The '3' decimal is periodic and not showed, but appears when you move the fader enough.

After A LOT of calculations, trial and errors, I've came up with the following values:
Code:
Rotary|                     TrackVolume [ (0.00119222,0.0023844,0.0047688,0.0095377,0.01907555,0.03815111,0.07630222) ]
This, with linear shape, grants 0.1dB ticks.

I hope all of this could be useful to others

EDIT: decimals are still not perfected, but they should be close enough in the meantime
Sorry if im not adding to the discussion here:

But did you actually check the acceleration on the X-Touch mini? Just because it's mackie mode doesn't necessarily mean the acceleration would be the same.

JIC you aren't aware, what you do is use the midi monitor (action list>CSI monitor input from surfaces) and turn a knob do see the different positive and negative values that you get.

It does seem odd the amount of work you had to go through to get what you wanted. But kudos for you for doing it. I am a big proponent of the workaround
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:31 AM   #1167
airon

I was thinking we could pack some templates for certain more research intensive tasks.

For example editing aspects of selected items. I'm not even sure what we can do via CSI in this department. I assume all the midi/osc actions cannot be targeted with CSI, but perhaps we can add access to commands like moving items/item edges/item volume/fade in length/fade out length/item pitch/take volume via relative control sources, i.e. encoders.

I've used a bunch of editing controllers such as Augan OMX and Fairlight MFX3+. I'd like to provide users with a good template to adapt to their control gear/osc surfaces.

Scripts are to be as little a prerequisite as possible. Those can always be added by the user.

So what do we have access to already and what else would we need to have a programming person implement concerning item editing ?

I'll certainly do some research on actions.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:51 AM   #1168
ezellohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
But did you actually check the acceleration on the X-Touch mini? Just because it's mackie mode doesn't necessarily mean the acceleration would be the same.
Good point, but yes, I've checked with the monitor. the acceleration values range from 1 to 7, that's why I've posted my mst to show the differences between mine and mixmonkey's.
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:08 AM   #1169
tompad

Default XTouchOne sending text to TouchOSC

Hi!

I have got my XTouch One up and running with CSI and I like it!

Now I want to expand a little and have one question - is it
possible to make my XTouch One work like it does now AND also
send textmessages from it to a TouchOSC-tablet? I would like
to see on the tablet what I have choosen on XTouch One... and
even some values.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:12 AM   #1170
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompad View Post
Hi!

I have got my XTouch One up and running with CSI and I like it!

Now I want to expand a little and have one question - is it
possible to make my XTouch One work like it does now AND also
send textmessages from it to a TouchOSC-tablet? I would like
to see on the tablet what I have choosen on XTouch One... and
even some values.
Should be possible. See my post from a page back:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1156

If you create an OSC template with displays, create an .ost file, then add those displays to the x-touchone.zon file, you should be able to do that. The idea is that the TouchOSC tablet and X-Touch One would be using the same .zon files in CSI. The X-Touch one would ignore any additional displays, and the OSC file would ignore any missing hardware widgets, and you'd effectively be able to add additional displays to the X-Touch one.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #1171
tompad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Should be possible. See my post from a page back:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1156

If you create an OSC template with displays, create an .ost file, then add those displays to the x-touchone.zon file, you should be able to do that. The idea is that the TouchOSC tablet and X-Touch One would be using the same .zon files in CSI. The X-Touch one would ignore any additional displays, and the OSC file would ignore any missing hardware widgets, and you'd effectively be able to add additional displays to the X-Touch one.

IT WORKS!

Thank you Funkybot!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:27 AM   #1172
Funkybot

Quote:
IT WORKS!

Thank you Funkybot!
Glad you got it sorted out! I'll add some high-level instructions to the Tips and Tricks section of the CSI wiki at some point.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #1173
UNdark

Default MCU - assign float plugin to rotary push

Hi - i've been trying to sort this to work as i have it working in midi,with another controller, but can't configure the CSI code correctly if anyone can help..

this is about selecting 1 of multiple fx per channel
Using and MCU, I want to :

Use the 8 rotary push buttons to open floating fx windows , the 1st to 8th fx on One channel, so that the focused floating fx match the fx i'm working on in CSI
(i assume it'll have to be floating not a chain - In my already working midi system, I toggle up and down the fx chain with the controller. This works on each focused fx in the chain window - would be better in CSI if i could directly select the fx on the channel, as it works now, at the same time as selecting the relevant plugin)

I tried adding "FLOAT FX1 FOR SELECTED TRACKS" (up to 8), in the "FX Menu" zone, thinking once in that zone, the actions would work, as well as the toggle up and down fx in fx chain window in the "FXMenu" but not working..

Am i wrong in thinking once in a "zone" i can't just add alternate action list commands assigned to buttons to that zone?

Thanks

Undark
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #1174
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Hi - i've been trying to sort this to work as i have it working in midi,with another controller, but can't configure the CSI code correctly if anyone can help..
This is what I use with my C4. I use the FXMenu and the SelectedTrackNavigator (in the FX.zon files)
Code:
Zone "FXMenu"
        FXMenuNavigator

RotaryPushD|        Reaper "_S&M_FLOATFX|"
        RotaryPushD|        Reaper "_S&M_SELFX|"

DisplayUpperA|      NoAction
        DisplayLowerA|      NoAction
        RotaryPushA|        NoAction
        RotaryA|            NoAction

DisplayUpperB|      NoAction
        DisplayLowerB|      NoAction
        RotaryPushB|        NoAction
        RotaryB|            NoAction

DisplayUpperD|      FXMenuNameDisplay
        DisplayLowerD|      NoAction
        RotaryD|            NoAction
        Shift+RotaryPushD|  Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|"         //Bypass FX Slot
        Option+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|"         //Offline FX slot
        RotaryPushD|        GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd
I should mention I've only just started using this method, so I can't really comment on it's stability (previously I displayed an FX chain window for the selected track, but I kinda like the floating windows better)

If you just use the D lines, you should be able to convert it for MCU use. Don't be tempted to put anything after the final "GoFXSlot" statement - that way much crashiness lies

Because of the statement:
Code:
...you can use:
Code:
SomeMCUButton  Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFXEL"     //Toggle float selected FX for selected tracks
...the button needs to be outside the FX menu Zone. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 PM   #1175
UNdark

Quote:
This is what I use with my C4. I use the FXMenu and the SelectedTrackNavigator (in the FX.zon files)
Code:
Zone "FXMenu"
        FXMenuNavigator

RotaryPushD|        Reaper "_S&M_FLOATFX|"

DisplayUpperA|      NoAction
        DisplayLowerA|      NoAction
        RotaryPushA|        NoAction
        RotaryA|            NoAction

DisplayUpperB|      NoAction
        DisplayLowerB|      NoAction
        RotaryPushB|        NoAction
        RotaryB|            NoAction

DisplayUpperD|      FXMenuNameDisplay
        DisplayLowerD|      NoAction
        RotaryD|            NoAction
        Shift+RotaryPushD|  Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|"         //Bypass FX Slot
        Option+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|"         //Offline FX slot
        RotaryPushD|        GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd
I should mention I've only just started using this method, so I can't really comment on it's stability (previously I displayed an FX chain window for the selected track, but I kinda like the floating windows better)

If you just use the D lines, you should be able to convert it for MCU use. Don't be tempted to put anything after the final "GoFXSlot" statement - that way much crashiness lies

Because of the statement:
Code:
...you can use:
Code:
SomeMCUButton  Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFXEL"     //Toggle float selected FX for selected tracks
...the button needs to be outside the FX menu Zone. Good luck!
MixMonkey you're a legend - cheers mate

Out of interest... when you were using "FX chain" (which would actually be my preference, as i've used that way in midi for year, toggling up and down the fx on the channel with "only when plugin in is visible" midi assignment to all plug parameters ) were you able to select which plugin to focus in the chain and have the controller automatically focus on the parameters of that plug? That's the bit i'm a bit dicey on (though, about to try your floating solution)
I have the envelope lanes popup for each touched parameter and "PLUGIN" on the MCU re focuses them to max heights as well as setting to touch mode (+ the original function) :

| Plugin MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
Plugin Reaper _0faa275de9a64aa3bc6baaae38553c41 // Touch+vert zoom tracks+envelopes

In the midi setup, if the plugin window isn't open non of it happens - saves cockups!
Old 05-05-2021, 06:06 AM   #1176
MixMonkey

Quote:
were you able to select which plugin to focus in the chain and have the controller automatically focus on the parameters of that plug?
No, it didn't work that way. It used the FX menu to choose the plugin to map, rather than the FX chain. The floating window version is the same.

For it to work the way you want, you would need to abandon the FX menu and use the FocusedFXNavigator in the FX.zon files. Then you could select the plugin in the FX chain window and <hope> that this results in the plugin becoming focused. Note that <selected> does not neccessarily mean <focused>.

<EDIT> see post:https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1179 <EDIT>

I seem to remember doing it this way, in the days before the FX menu. I also remember it being flakey at best, the problem being reliable focusing of the FX window in order to make the parameters map.

IMO, you're much better off with the FX menu as far as reliability goes, but you'll have to judge that for your own workflow

Last edited by MixMonkey; 05-05-2021 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Turns out FocusedFXNavigator works better than i thought:)
Old 05-05-2021, 09:29 AM   #1177
Funkybot

Quote:
I seem to remember doing it this way, in the days before the FX menu. I also remember it being flakey at best, the problem being reliable focusing of the FX window in order to make the parameters map.
Yeah, it's still flakey when closing FX windows. The workaround is to focus an unmapped FX or instrument, which kicks the CSI device back into the Home zone.

There was a pre-release build that included some FX Focus improvements I believed were meant to cover this but I'm not sure if it ever made it into production and if it did, if Geoff has implemented the change since it might exclude prior versions of Reaper from working properly.

I'd personally love to see this fixed, but I still prefer the FocusedFX approach for now. Maybe in the future I'll look to add an FXMenu on a separate device.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:55 AM   #1178
UNdark

Quote:

IMO, you're much better off with the FX menu as far as reliability goes, but you'll have to judge that for your own workflow
I thank you for that and shall give both a go!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #1179
MixMonkey

Quote:
I thank you for that and shall give both a go!
I had a quick go with the FocusedFXNavigator and it turns out that if you open an FX chain window and select your FX there, it maps 100% reliably. You can move through the FX with:
Code:
SomeButton       Reaper "_S&M_SELFXPREV"
SomeOtherButton  Reaper "_S&M_SELFXNEXT"
...and show/hide the FX chain window with:
Code:
AThirdButton     Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN"
As you move from track to track, the FX chain window will lose focus, but as soon as you hit _S&M_SELFXPREV/NEXT, it becomes active again.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #1180
UNdark

Quote:
I had a quick go with the FocusedFXNavigator and it turns out that if you open an FX chain window and select your FX there, it maps 100% reliably. You can move through the FX with:
Code:
SomeButton       Reaper "_S&M_SELFXPREV"
SomeOtherButton  Reaper "_S&M_SELFXNEXT"
...and show/hide the FX chain window with:
Code:
AThirdButton     Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN"
As you move from track to track, the FX chain window will lose focus, but as soon as you hit _S&M_SELFXPREV/NEXT, it becomes active again.
Sorry not to reply and thank you sooner - was checking out which i thought was more elegant/enjoyable to work with - ..really like the floating fx! Added other custom actions to close previous etc.Really nice way to work sends too, with custom actions to keep them apart from fx envelopes-zoomed to fit vert/horizontal time select and/or item etc. I want to follow up the intro to CSI vid with a demo of this FX/sends method, making the zon available to download, but one lingering thing -

"plugin" button takes me to - :

Zone "FXMenu"

FXMenuNavigator

DisplayUpper| FXMenuNameDisplay
DisplayLower| FXParamNameDisplay
Rotary| No Action
RotaryPush| GoFXSlot
RotaryPush| Reaper _f5f4796e5fd1486a849099ba636f0873 // close all floating fx
RotaryPush| Reaper "_S&M_FLOATFX|"
RotaryPush| Reaper "_S&M_SELFX|"

The plugins come in order perfectly on the VDU of the Mackie, ready for selection and when used they select the correct plugin in the chain, closing others and focusing the right one - the only issue is; the upper name is the first line of the plugin description and the lower, is the first parameter of the plugin.

Can i name the upper with a 6 character name of my choice? The lower could be blank at that stage..or give the option of a second word to the name of the plugin appearing directly below the first.

My thanks again - i would have tried to emulate the midi method I've been using for so long with the fx chain if you hadn't shown me that MixMonkey - nice one
Old 05-08-2021, 01:01 AM   #1181
Kusdo

Default M-Audio Projectmix I/O CSI

Hi everyone!

I have a Projectmix and need some help from the experts:-

White circle : Is it possible to align the lower display (track volume display) more to the left? If so, how do I do that?

Red circle : Is it possible to make this part displays the current selected track number? I think Klinke's MCU file does this, but can I do it with CSI? And how?

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (58.7 KB, 91 views)
Kusdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:36 AM   #1182
MixMonkey

Quote:
Can i name the upper with a 6 character name of my choice? The lower could be blank at that stage..or give the option of a second word to the name of the plugin appearing directly below the first.
Glad you've found a system that works for you! Just to confirm, you're going with the FX Menu/SelectedTrackNavigator option, yes?

In answer to your question: you need to put an FX name alias in your fx.zon file. CSI will use this alias instead of the full plugin name.

Eg:
Code:
Zone "VST: TDR VOS SlickEQ (Tokyo Dawn Labs)" "VOSEQ"
SelectedTrackNavigator
/
/
/
DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay 22 "VOSEQ"
DisplayLowerA1 FXParamValueDisplay 22  
RotaryA1 FXParam 22 [ (0.001,0.005,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
RotaryPushA1 FXParam 21 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
The bold text is the alias.

To blank the lower part of the display whilst in the FX menu, just use:
Code:
DisplayLower| NoAction
Also, as I said before, I would recommend making the GoFXSlot statement the last line in the FX Menu Zone. As soon as that line is executed you are no longer in the FX Menu Zone, but have effectively "GoZoned" to the fx.zon corresponding to the FX in the selected slot.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #1183
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusdo View Post
Hi everyone!
I have a Projectmix and need some help from the experts:-
White circle : Is it possible to align the lower display (track volume display) more to the left? If so, how do I do that?
Red circle : Is it possible to make this part displays the current selected track number? I think Klinke's MCU file does this, but can I do it with CSI? And how?
Thank you!
Sorry chap, but I don't think there's a way to do either of those things at the moment.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #1184
UNdark

Quote:
Glad you've found a system that works for you! Just to confirm, you're going with the FX Menu/SelectedTrackNavigator option, yes?

Zone "FXMenu"

FXMenuNavigator

Rotary| No Action
RotaryPush| GoFXSlot

...i also have this going on on GlobalView....

GlobalView GoZone Home // tracks and busses

GlobalView Reaper 41150// Hide all envelopes for all tracks
GlobalView Reaper 40400 //Set track automation mode to trim/read
GlobalView Reaper _WOL_SETSELENVHMIN // minimise/hide envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _BR_UNSEL_ENV // unselect envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _SWS_TOGZOOMTT_NO_ENV // selected track/s zoom into view+ignore envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _7751fa5db506498692d4d6c876794c15 // close fx chain - close floating first

Am i committing a.... faux pas? . . ..It does make a difference of which order, just like custom actions. This works neatly, closing other floating fx and selecting the correct one - in or out of focus (was a big pain with midi that) whilst choosing zones. The plugin button :

Plugin MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
Plugin Reaper _BR_HIDE_SEND_ENV_SEL_ALL_TRACK
Plugin Reaper _0faa275de9a64aa3bc6baaae38553c41 // Touch+vert zoom tracks+envelopes

This remains in track/busses zone, only changing to FX zone when a plugin in is selected via rotarypush - 1-8 of the plugins 1-8 ( I never use that many though...honest..)

In answer to your question: you need to put an FX name alias in your fx.zon file. CSI will use this alias instead of the full plugin name.

Mmmm - so renaming the plugin itself m..i..ght just have been a bit heavy handed !!!
I shall incorporate this code asap, thanks.
Eg:
Code:
Zone "VST: TDR VOS SlickEQ (Tokyo Dawn Labs)" "VOSEQ"
SelectedTrackNavigator
/
/
/
DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay 22 "VOSEQ"
DisplayLowerA1 FXParamValueDisplay 22  
RotaryA1 FXParam 22 [ (0.001,0.005,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
RotaryPushA1 FXParam 21 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
The bold text is the alias.

To blank the lower part of the display whilst in the FX menu, just use:
Code:
DisplayLower| NoAction
Nice one - tidy

Also, as I said before, I would recommend making the GoFXSlot statement the last line in the FX Menu Zone. As soon as that line is executed you are no longer in the FX Menu Zone, but have effectively "GoZoned" to the fx.zon corresponding to the FX in the selected slot.
Interested to see what you make of how i have this setup.. Works really well, but sounds like it might be by the skin of my teeth Thanks for your help and advice MixMonkey.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:27 PM   #1185
MixMonkey

Quote:
...i also have this going on on GlobalView....

GlobalView GoZone Home // tracks and busses

GlobalView Reaper 41150// Hide all envelopes for all tracks
GlobalView Reaper 40400 //Set track automation mode to trim/read
GlobalView Reaper _WOL_SETSELENVHMIN // minimise/hide envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _BR_UNSEL_ENV // unselect envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _SWS_TOGZOOMTT_NO_ENV // selected track/s zoom into view+ignore envelopes
GlobalView Reaper _7751fa5db506498692d4d6c876794c15 // close fx chain - close floating first

Am i committing a.... faux pas?
No, not at all It only seems to matter if the actions that follow the GoZone statement end up being activated in the wrong zone (an fx.zon, say) and even then it only crashes sometimes. If what you've done works and produces the result you want, it's fine

In my setup, which is not identical to yours, I got crashes showing/hiding the floating FX windows if I had the display actions after the GoFXSlot statement. It's possible my use of _S&M_SELFX may have been responsible too. I haven't had any crashes since swapping the order round.

In your example above, it's probably more appropriate in this case that all the actions you have assigned to the GlobalView button happen after the Home Zone is activated - which is what you have

Quote:
The plugin button :

Plugin MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
Plugin Reaper _BR_HIDE_SEND_ENV_SEL_ALL_TRACK

This remains in track/busses zone, only changing to FX zone when a plugin in is selected via rotarypush - 1-8 of the plugins 1-8 ( I never use that many though...honest..)
This looks fine too, you don't need to access those Reaper actions when an FX is mapped from the FX Menu and you get out using the GlobalView button, which is never mapped in an fx.zon, so is always available.

It's worth mentioning these two for your FX Menu Zone (if you fancy):
Code:
Shift+RotaryPush|  Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|"         //Bypass FX Slot
Option+RotaryPush| Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|"         //Offline FX slot
I find being able to bypass and Off/Online FX direct from the FX Menu really handy.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:04 AM   #1186
UNdark

Thanks for that!
I do use the "flip" button to toggle fx channel plugins on/off in GlobalView and would love to mirror that in the Fx Zone

Flip Reaper 8 BYPASS CHANNEL PLUGINS

In the GlobalView zone, as the red light appears on the MCU when the channel fx are bypassed.Great.

I can't get that happening in the FX zone when i add this command though - my misunderstanding i think..

Zone "FXMenu"

FXMenuNavigator

Rotary| No Action
RotaryPush| GoFXSlot
Flip| Reaper "Bypass FX Slot"

This still seems to be working in the GlobalView zone - bypassing the whole track fx rather than the selected fx "slot"
I also tried your "_S&M_FXBYP" but i think i must still be in the GlobalView zone..

Forgot to mention : I made a vid, designed to tempt the less confident users to try and program CSI for their own FX - sent it to Geoff and he seemed happy with it - i credit you for you help and use Geoff's donation page at the end - might give you a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyxuHGOuS4
Old 05-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #1187
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
TForgot to mention : I made a vid, designed to tempt the less confident users to try and program CSI for their own FX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyxuHGOuS4
Thanks, now on the wiki !
Old 05-10-2021, 05:56 AM   #1188
UNdark

Please ignore my last -
I took the "Flip|" instruction out of the "FXMenu" zone and am adding flip and the correct param number for the plugin individually to the plugin's fx list.

I was getting some odd fader glitch updating in "FXMenu" zone till i realised the issue. Now each plugin bypasses on "Flip" as a momentary and the whole chain bypasses on "Flip" as a toggle in GlobalView.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #1189
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Added primitive support for Receives.

Basically the mirror image of Sends.

There is an example Receive Zone in the MCU.zon file.

Use MapSelectedTrackReceivesToWidgets to trigger the Zone activation.

I have no test environment right now so I have no clue what's going to happen, let me know

I started the wiki update, pretty raw right now...
Old 05-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #1190
UNdark

Default RECEIVE TEST 1 (BUILD v1.0) MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Added primitive support for Receives.

Basically the mirror image of Sends.

There is an example Receive Zone in the MCU.zon file.

Use MapSelectedTrackReceivesToWidgets to trigger the Zone activation.

I have no test environment right now so I have no clue what's going to happen, let me know

I started the wiki update, pretty raw right now...
Hi Geoff this is a 30 sec vid showing the zon setup, then results in use.
Full clean install of zon/surface/dll - deleted csi file and rebuilt first:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y6hz9d2ub...es%29.mp4?dl=0

So the receive does actually work, but i get crashes coming back to the GlobalView zone from either the Receive zone or the Send zone - Also crashes going into Send or Receive zone (randomly) Sometimes crashes on the 1st zone change, sometimes on the second - never more than that..
Old 05-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #1191
tompad

Default Need an explanation

Hi all!

I have an XTouch One and have tried the .zon that come with XTO
in CSI and was thinking of making my own .zon file. So I started
CSIs console output and began to press the different buttons on XTO
to see what the names on the different buttons was. When I press and
release the Select-button I got this output:
Code:
IN <- X-Touch One CSI Select1 1.000000
IN <- X-Touch One CSI RecordArm1 0.000000
Why is RecordArm1 outputting 0 when I release the Select-button??
I checked the .mst file if the widgets had relating code but I could not see that:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f 90 00 00
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd
Please, any light on this could help me understand!
Is this correct?
Old 05-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #1192
Funkybot

Quote:
Hi all!

I have an XTouch One and have tried the .zon that come with XTO
in CSI and was thinking of making my own .zon file. So I started
CSIs console output and began to press the different buttons on XTO
to see what the names on the different buttons was. When I press and
release the Select-button I got this output:
Code:
IN <- X-Touch One CSI Select1 1.000000
IN <- X-Touch One CSI RecordArm1 0.000000
Why is RecordArm1 outputting 0 when I release the Select-button??
I checked the .mst file if the widgets had relating code but I could not see that:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f 90 00 00
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f
WidgetEnd
Please, any light on this could help me understand!
Is this correct?
hmm...I definitely somehow missed the release messages on Select1. But otherwise RecordArm1 looks ok to me.

Try this for Select1:

Code:
Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd
...does that fix it?
Old 05-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #1193
tompad

Quote:
hmm...I definitely somehow missed the release messages on Select1. But otherwise RecordArm1 looks ok to me.

Try this for Select1:

Code:
Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd
...does that fix it?
YEAH! Thanks!

Another question I got when looking thru the .mst file,
why are there widgets that the XTO doesnt have. For example:
Code:
Widget Plugin
	Press 90 2b 7f 90 2b 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2b 7f 90 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget EQ
	Press 90 2c 7f 90 2c 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2c 7f 90 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Instrument
	Press 90 2d 7f 90 2d 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2d 7f 90 2d 00
WidgetEnd
....and all these Solo 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and others?
My XTO does only have one Solo....no, wrong of me...2 Solo,
and that is a mysterium for me. Is the .mst for another
multi-chanel XTouch??
Old 05-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #1194
Funkybot

Quote:
YEAH! Thanks!

Another question I got when looking thru the .mst file,
why are there widgets that the XTO doesnt have. For example:
Code:
Widget Plugin
	Press 90 2b 7f 90 2b 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2b 7f 90 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget EQ
	Press 90 2c 7f 90 2c 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2c 7f 90 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Instrument
	Press 90 2d 7f 90 2d 00
	FB_TwoState 90 2d 7f 90 2d 00
WidgetEnd
....and all these Solo 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and others?
My XTO does only have one Solo....no, wrong of me...2 Solo,
and that is a mysterium for me. Is the .mst for another
multi-chanel XTouch??
It's basically identical to the mcu.zon. The thing with the X-Touch One, is that depending on what mode you're using, the device literally reconfigures itself to use different MCU setups. So what's "Cycle" in one mode, may be something else entirely in another mode. The X-Touch One also can be configured to use 8 "virtual" faders/encoders depending on the mode and CSI config, hence why you see Solo 1-8, Fader 1-8.

Basically, ignore the extra stuff in the .mst. It doesn't do any harm being there. As long as the buttons work as expected, leave it be. The .zon file is where the fun happens.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:46 PM   #1195
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Hopefully fixed the Zone change crashes, please try it out and let me know.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:05 AM   #1196
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Hopefully fixed the Zone change crashes, please try it out and let me know.
I clean installed all components - still getting crash but slightly different behaviour -

1)Always changes to the zone first selected, no problem.

2)It's always on the second push of the zone i''m changing to next, that the crash occurs - doesn't matter which zone i'm coming from or going to - except:

3)If i go to PLUGIN zone however, pressing GlobalView to come back out changes nothing, but doesn't crash either, just hangs in Plugin zone.

4) From Plugin zone - going to Send zone or Receive, back to Plugin zone works a few times - 4-5 alternations (seems random) then crashes.

I removed any Receive related text from the zon file.

Still crashed - same behaviour.

I replaced the new files with my original zone/surface/csi/csurf file one by one:

When i replaced the new Csurf file with my old one, it stopped crashing. Unfortunately, replacing the Receive text in the zon file - didn't allow the Receive to work - but zone changing doesn't crash either. Back to normal behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Mac mini quad 2.3/High Sierra/16gb ram/ reaper 6.27
Old 05-14-2021, 02:05 AM   #1197
UNdark

Default FUNKYBOT - late reply - my apologies

Quote:
Great video. Very easy to follow.

Slightly OT...I know you're not using CSI, but what are you using for the Novation Remote Zero? Is that just a straight MIDI mapping? Automap? Or some other plugin? Just curious. I've got one too and have basically given up on using it since CSI. Will likely replace it with Siniarch's controller whenever that's available.
So sorry - i didn't see this - just trawling for more info and saw your question ...better late than never i hope!
I programmed the SL25/zero via midi - reaper's internal method and saved each as a file. Automap is pretty useless (now discontinued as far as i know) but the little app for naming the parameters on the SL is a godsend. I'm not getting too far with the SL in CSI either, but that's not CSI it's me and windows of knowledge i don't have, compounded by already having this work really well in midi. Taking the plunge now though...!
Old 05-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #1198
UNdark

Default FX folder..

I'm following the github advice -

"Once you've created your .zon file, put it in the Zone directory for whatever Surface it refers to (the same folder you have your other Zone definitions for that surface. In theory you could even put it in the same file as the other zones for that surface, but this is not recommended. It's much easier, clearer and more reusable to go with one file per plugin. You may even create a dedicated "FXZones" subfolder within your surface zone just to separate FX .zon files from the surface .zon file."

I created a dedicated FXZones folder in the MCU zone folder and saved an FX file into it, but shows NoMap. I tried adding the extension .zon to it - still NoMap. Also moved it into the surface folder .. still no. It works when pasted inside the main surface zon file - maps fine.. Any thoughts please? cheers
Old 05-14-2021, 05:36 AM   #1199
Funkybot

Post the fx.zon file here please. Could be something in the .zon or even the file name.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:08 AM   #1200
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I clean installed all components - still getting crash but slightly different behaviour -

1)Always changes to the zone first selected, no problem.

2)It's always on the second push of the zone i''m changing to next, that the crash occurs - doesn't matter which zone i'm coming from or going to - except:

3)If i go to PLUGIN zone however, pressing GlobalView to come back out changes nothing, but doesn't crash either, just hangs in Plugin zone.

4) From Plugin zone - going to Send zone or Receive, back to Plugin zone works a few times - 4-5 alternations (seems random) then crashes.

I removed any Receive related text from the zon file.

Still crashed - same behaviour.

I replaced the new files with my original zone/surface/csi/csurf file one by one:

When i replaced the new Csurf file with my old one, it stopped crashing. Unfortunately, replacing the Receive text in the zon file - didn't allow the Receive to work - but zone changing doesn't crash either. Back to normal behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Mac mini quad 2.3/High Sierra/16gb ram/ reaper 6.27
Thanks, yup, fixed one reason it crashed, now working on more