Old 05-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #441
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Wow. I don't know if i'd have a use for it, but it's quite impressive what you manage to achieve with JS/Lua, and I will give it a go for sure
sinkmusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #442
grobsen

You really did it!! I was hoping this would happen one day, after my secret plans to create a companion vst for Hackey kind of failed/stalled. Thank you so much for all your incredible work here .. once again!

edit: Had to play around a bit before heading to bed. Finding loop points in string samples from "st-01" felt a bit like coming home .

I think it would be helpful if the sample index number in the background of the JS plugin would be in hex instead of decimal.

Did you consider having the option for multiple output channels?

Overall I am in complete awe, this really is the tracker integration into REAPER that I always dreamed of.

Last edited by grobsen; 05-25-2021 at 04:11 PM.
grobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:03 PM   #443
geoffroy

Awesome ! Can't wait to try it !
Old 05-26-2021, 09:23 AM   #444
todd_r

Amazing, thanks sai'ke!

I know it's early, but a couple of FR's for the sample module, Mute/Solo and Multiple outputs. Playback cursor would be nice
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:25 AM   #445
todd_r

Would it be possible to have drag and drop from the timeline to the sampler module as you can with vsts, or is there a limitation with jsfx. Or from the media browser to the sample module embedded in the tcp? I imagine that's probably a Reaper limitation
Old 05-27-2021, 12:56 PM   #446
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Wow. I don't know if i'd have a use for it, but it's quite impressive what you manage to achieve with JS/Lua, and I will give it a go for sure
Haha yes, it's probably a pretty niche thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobsen View Post
You really did it!! I was hoping this would happen one day, after my secret plans to create a companion vst for Hackey kind of failed/stalled. Thank you so much for all your incredible work here .. once again!

Quote:
edit: Had to play around a bit before heading to bed. Finding loop points in string samples from "st-01" felt a bit like coming home .
That's really nice to hear

Quote:
I think it would be helpful if the sample index number in the background of the JS plugin would be in hex instead of decimal.
Yes, that's a good point. Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Did you consider having the option for multiple output channels?
Yes, I'll probably make it an option to emit each track to a separate set of pins soonish. Just haven't gotten round to it. I want to test if/how it impacts performance when that functionality is not being used. I may have to make two separate plugins out of it.

Quote:
Overall I am in complete awe, this really is the tracker integration into REAPER that I always dreamed of.
That's nice to hear. Please let me know if there are any bugs. FRs are also welcome (as long as they are reasonable and doable without impacting performance too much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Amazing, thanks sai'ke!

I know it's early, but a couple of FR's for the sample module, Mute/Solo and Multiple outputs. Playback cursor would be nice
Mute/Solo is something that's more intended to be done in the tracker front-end. It's not hard to implement, but it feels a bit like duplicating controls (which may get confusing). Let me check if/how it affects performance. If not at all, I'll add some controls.

I've added a playback cursor on the pads yesterday, but one on the big sample view is still in the works.

Quote:
Would it be possible to have drag and drop from the timeline to the sampler module as you can with vsts
I tried this, but it doesn't work. I don't know of a way to achieve that in JSFX at the moment.

This is the reason I ended up making that script for importing from the timeline. I probably wouldn't have made that if it worked.

Quote:
Or from the media browser to the sample module embedded in the tcp? I imagine that's probably a Reaper limitation
I've never played with embedded gfx yet. I'll see if I can take that for a spin.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #447
grobsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post

That's nice to hear. Please let me know if there are any bugs. FRs are also welcome (as long as they are reasonable and doable without impacting performance too much)
Haha, thank you! I was afraid I maybe sounded a bit too pathetic but this update really means a lot to me. After the old days with Sound-/Protracker on Amiga I often tried to get back into tracking, had some quick affairs with milky, buzz and nitrotracker, but I got too used to the comfort and possibilities of "modern" DAWs while at the same time always missing this special something that tracking gave me, apart from the nostalgia ofc. Before the update Hackey was already awesome but it just made me wish it had some kind of sample support and now it does ...

So, I did some more testing and only found two issues so far:
-some (short) samples refuse to loop with certain loop end points. Could not narrow it down any further. I need to do more testing, I guess. edit: It also is depending on the pitch. Resampler skipping past the loop end?
-fine tuning lowers the pitch while increasing the value?

Some things that would be nice to have:
-force loop points to zero crossings (not sure if it already does)
-some possibility to rearrange/move/copy/drag and clear sample slots (edit: just found out copy/paste works, nice!)
-sample indices, while looking good, are hard to read when things get crowded
-importing the filename or some way to name the slots/samples
-extending fine tuning range to (-1 to +1)

edit: and some more
-reset zoom in editor after replacing sample
-adding support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards in the js plugin (yeah .. sorry ^^)
-select octave for keyboard inputs and "Play" button

Last edited by grobsen; 05-27-2021 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:25 PM   #448
todd_r

Quote:
Mute/Solo is something that's more intended to be done in the tracker front-end. It's not hard to implement, but it feels a bit like duplicating controls (which may get confusing). Let me check if/how it affects performance. If not at all, I'll add some controls.
Yeah, actually if multiple outputs were a possibility then I wouldn't miss it in the sampler module.

Thanks again for this, really love it. I love Renoise, but not touched it in ages, having this right in Reaper is great, I've ben getting jungled right up
Old 05-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #449
grobsen

Quote:
I just realized that the fine tuning probably adjusts the root note and not the sample. So maybe it is working as intended, even if it feels weird to me .

Arpeggio:
-if two tracks arpeggiate at the same time, only the higher channel will actually do the effect. Retrigger does the same.
-I remember doing two note arpeggios with for example something like "0A 70". This is problematic now since "0" is repeating the last known value > 0. Wouldn't it be better if "00" continues the last set of values while a single "0" represents the base note? edit: considering there are super useful cases for single zeros as a wild card for other effects, this idea was stupid.
-sometimes the last "step" gets stuck when ending the arpeggio while the sample keeps playing but I will do some more testing on this during the next days.

Out of curiosity as this probably was reported before: When selecting patterns with the mouse I cannot select the bottom row. Why is that?

Last edited by grobsen; 05-29-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #450
sai'ke

Quote:
Haha, thank you! I was afraid I maybe sounded a bit too pathetic but this update really means a lot to me. After the old days with Sound-/Protracker on Amiga I often tried to get back into tracking, had some quick affairs with milky, buzz and nitrotracker, but I got too used to the comfort and possibilities of "modern" DAWs while at the same time always missing this special something that tracking gave me, apart from the nostalgia ofc. Before the update Hackey was already awesome but it just made me wish it had some kind of sample support and now it does ...

Yeah, I've been feeling the same way. I like having a tracker at my disposal, but I don't like being locked into tracker-only.

Quote:
-some (short) samples refuse to loop with certain loop end points. Could not narrow it down any further. I need to do more testing, I guess. edit: It also is depending on the pitch. Resampler skipping past the loop end?
Yesterday I pushed what should be a fixed for this bug.

Quote:
-force loop points to zero crossings (not sure if it already does)
Added this to my to-do list.

Quote:
-some possibility to rearrange/move/copy/drag and clear sample slots (edit: just found out copy/paste works, nice!)
Quote:
-sample indices, while looking good, are hard to read when things get crowded
-importing the filename or some way to name the slots/samples
I pushed this out today. Should be there now. I just took a chunk of the file name, hopefully enough for it to be useful

Quote:
-reset zoom in editor after replacing sample
Good one, I forgot about that one. Fixed!

Quote:
-adding support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards in the js plugin (yeah .. sorry ^^)
Actually, it should be in there already. They're hidden, but slider1 toggles between buzz and renoise note map, and slider 2 switches between QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY. I hadn't decided yet whether I want to put that in the UI, or whether I should "learn" that from Hackey Trackey

Quote:
-select octave for keyboard inputs and "Play" button
On the to-do list.

Quote:
-extending fine tuning range to (-1 to +1)
On the to-do list.

Quote:
Quote:
I just realized that the fine tuning probably adjusts the root note and not the sample. So maybe it is working as intended, even if it feels weird to me.
Yeah, that's probably some poor communication in the UI on my part. The displayed pitch is indeed the pitch the sample is assumed to have been recorded at. So for example, if you load up a sample playing an A-4, if you set that pitch to A-4, all the MIDI notes will end up where they belong. C-4 will then play a C-4 pitch and so forth. That does mean it's inverted from what you may expect though. Maybe I should make a toggle to choose whether you want this or the other way of displaying the pitch.

Quote:
-if two tracks arpeggiate at the same time, only the higher channel will actually do the effect. Retrigger does the same.
That was indeed a bug. Fixed now.

Quote:
-I remember doing two note arpeggios with for example something like "0A 70". This is problematic now since "0" is repeating the last known value > 0. Wouldn't it be better if "00" continues the last set of values while a single "0" represents the base note? edit: considering there are super useful cases for single zeros as a wild card for other effects, this idea was stupid.
This wouldn't be impossible to change. But then that would mean X Y X, or X X Y then I guess?
I decided with the 0 is continue since that's how Buzz always handled it, and that's the last tracker I used.

Quote:
-sometimes the last "step" gets stuck when ending the arpeggio while the sample keeps playing but I will do some more testing on this during the next days.
Yes, that was a bug. Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Out of curiosity as this probably was reported before: When selecting patterns with the mouse I cannot select the bottom row. Why is that?
Bug. Fixed now.

Quote:
Yeah, actually if multiple outputs were a possibility then I wouldn't miss it in the sampler module.
Multi-outs are added

Quote:
Thanks again for this, really love it. I love Renoise, but not touched it in ages, having this right in Reaper is great, I've ben getting jungled right up
Breaks and trackers mix so well

Last edited by sai'ke; 05-29-2021 at 04:34 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:38 AM   #451
Pink Wool

This is so nice! Never used trackers before but will because of this script!
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #452
grobsen

once again, impressive work.

Quote:

I hadn't decided yet whether I want to put that in the UI, or whether I should "learn" that from Hackey Trackey
Oh if that is possible I would suggest you do that with keyboard layout, note map, active octave and maybe color scheme? Just to keep additional options to a bare minimum and keep everything at one place.

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably some poor communication in the UI on my part. The displayed pitch is indeed the pitch the sample is assumed to have been recorded at. So for example, if you load up a sample playing an A-4, if you set that pitch to A-4, all the MIDI notes will end up where they belong. C-4 will then play a C-4 pitch and so forth. That does mean it's inverted from what you may expect though. Maybe I should make a toggle to choose whether you want this or the other way of displaying the pitch.
I am super ok with how it is now - especially now that I understand the logic behind it. I do not think a toggle is necessary.

Quote:
This wouldn't be impossible to change. But then that would mean X Y X, or X X Y then I guess?
I decided with the 0 is continue since that's how Buzz always handled it, and that's the last tracker I used.
not sure what you mean with XYX / XXY
Does the last used value reset at one point? like on pattern start? maybe it would be useful to be able to reset the "0" to an actual zero somehow.. I will try to come up with a proper suggestion.

Quote:
Multi-outs are added
Interesting solution. I guess I would have preferred to route samples to additional outputs by right clicking or so. I usually try to keep channel count as low as possible as I always found the channel restriction on Amiga to be a very inspiring limitation. I guess it is time to change

Last edited by grobsen; 05-30-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:11 PM   #453
todd_r

Quote:

Multi-outs are added
Amazing thanks! Erm, I may well be being very stupid, but erm, how does it work?
Old 05-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #454
grobsen

Quote:
Amazing thanks! Erm, I may well be being very stupid, but erm, how does it work?
I am pretty tired but will try to explain, excuse any wrong terminology:
In the js plugin you have to click any sample to "open up" the editor at the bottom and click on "Multi-Out" Edit: Don't know what I saw earlier, but now the button for "Multi-Out" is already visible when opening up the js plugin, so just press it - it is next to the root note of the sample in the editor part at the bottom. Then the js plugin will split its output depending on the channel used in the Hackey script.
Next you have to increase outputs of the channel and setup multiple new channels where you route the js channel's outputs to.

I hope this is understandable ^^ otherwise just ask.

Last edited by grobsen; 05-30-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #455
todd_r

Cheers I had given it a try, I think I was confused as when I used automatic build multichannel routing for FX and ended up with separate left and right tracks for each channel
Old 06-05-2021, 08:05 AM   #456
sai'ke

Added per sample mute and solo options in the player. I figured that it'd be nice to be able to quickly audition removal or addition of particular samples too.

Note that I'd also recommend updating, because there was a nasty bug present in the last version that was up. Previewing a sample would make the first sample disappear. My apologies for that regression.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #457
todd_r

Quote:
Added per sample mute and solo options in the player...
Fantastic!
Old 06-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #458
sai'ke

Just merged a feature branch from an external contributor

You can now optionally fix the indicator centrally, like classic Commodore Amiga trackers (such as OctaMED). Enable "Fix indicator position in view" in the options menu. This mode is best used with "Bigger play indicator" and "Follow song" enabled. It doesn't have to be positioned centrally either. You may position the indicator wherever you like by holding down CTRL + ALT + LMB in the row indicator column.

He also fixed up some of the issues with the clunkiness of the scrollbar.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #459
retrack

Hi sai'ke,

This is my first post here. I'd just like to say many thanks for writing Hackey Trackey. As others have said, it's great to see a tracker inside a DAW. The name is great as well!

I really like the fixed indicator that has just been implemented, too.

I'm still experimenting with HT to see if I can use it regularly, and I'd like to report a couple of bugs:-

1. When I click on the 'Rec' text at the bottom, with the option 'Always Enable Recording' switched off, it gives me this error:

Quote:
    ...Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\Tracker tools\Tracker\tracker.lua:9021: attempt to compare nil with number
  2. If I switch on 'Always Enable Recording', it doesn't do this. But if I use the Renoise or custom keymap, then pressing the number keys makes those notes play forever.

And if I may request a feature: it would be good to have an option to focus the Hackey Patterns window when closing Hackey Trackey if it exists, to avoid the need for a mouse click.

Thanks again for HT!

Dan

Last edited by retrack; 06-07-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added a feature request
retrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #460
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrack View Post
Hi sai'ke,

This is my first post here. I'd just like to say many thanks for writing Hackey Trackey. As others have said, it's great to see a tracker inside a DAW. The name is great as well!

I really like the fixed indicator that has just been implemented, too.

I'm still experimenting with HT to see if I can use it regularly, and I'd like to report a couple of bugs:-

1. When I click on the 'Rec' text at the bottom, with the option 'Always Enable Recording' switched off, it gives me this error:

2. If I switch on 'Always Enable Recording', it doesn't do this. But if I use the Renoise or custom keymap, then pressing the number keys makes those notes play forever.

And if I may request a feature: it would be good to have an option to focus the Hackey Patterns window when closing Hackey Trackey if it exists, to avoid the need for a mouse click.

Thanks again for HT!

Dan
Hey, thanks for the report. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it. Let me see if I can help out.

Second bug is confirmed and should be fixed in v2.66 (just released).

The first one, I am unable to reproduce locally. I suspect I need a specific setting to hit it. I tried to reproduce it on the latest version but was unsuccessful. Just to be sure, could you verify that you are on v2.65 or v2.66 and that it still happens there?

If so, could you send me your config?

On windows it´d be in:
Code:
%APPDATA%\reaper\scripts\Tracker tools\tracker\_hackey_trackey_options_.cfg
Thanks!
Old 06-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #461
retrack

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the report. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it. Let me see if I can help out.

Second bug is confirmed and should be fixed in v2.66 (just released).
Yes, confirmed as fixed - thanks.

Quote:
The first one, I am unable to reproduce locally. I suspect I need a specific setting to hit it. I tried to reproduce it on the latest version but was unsuccessful. Just to be sure, could you verify that you are on v2.65 or v2.66 and that it still happens there?

On windows it´d be in:
Code:
Thanks!

It was a problem for me on v2.65 but it seems to have gone away on v2.66. If it comes back, I will send you the config file.

Another bug: with the keymap set to Renoise or custom, stopping the music by pressing space bar can leave the playing notes hanging. It doesn't do this using the default keymap though.

Thanks again for your work.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:54 AM   #462
retrack

Quote:

On windows it´d be in:
Code:
Thanks!

I've seen the same issue again on v2.66. Cfg file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _hackey_trackey_options_.cfg.txt (829 Bytes, 107 views)
Old 06-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #463
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrack View Post
I've seen the same issue again on v2.66. Cfg file attached.
Thank you! That's helpful

I think I found what was triggering the issue with the record button. Were you using the tracker in a very narrow configuration? Anyways, it should be fixed in 2.67.

The stuck notes you were hearing were likely a regression I introduced in 2.66 trying to fix the top row issue (but not realizing it was actually a reaper issue). If it still happens in 2.67, please try and narrow down exactly the steps required to make it reproducibly happen. Preferably with a stock plugin. Recording a gif of it with licecap would also be helpful.

It seems the renoise top row issue (stuck notes from the numeric keys) is a reaper issue that I cannot resolve at this time. When you get a stuck note from that, focus another window to shift the focus. See this bug report:
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread...51#post2452851
Old 06-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #464
retrack

Quote:
I think I found what was triggering the issue with the record button. Were you using the tracker in a very narrow configuration? Anyways, it should be fixed in 2.67.
Yes, you are right! I had Hackey Trackey docked to the right hand side of the screen, with only one or two columns showing.
Anyway, with your latest change the issue has been fixed now, thanks.

Quote:
The stuck notes you were hearing were likely a regression I introduced in 2.66 trying to fix the top row issue (but not realizing it was actually a reaper issue). If it still happens in 2.67, please try and narrow down exactly the steps required to make it reproducibly happen. Preferably with a stock plugin. Recording a gif of it with licecap would also be helpful.
I've tried to narrow this down and I've discovered that it only affects a track I'd set up to route the MIDI notes out. On this track I had clicked on the Route button, and set up the 'MIDI Hardware Output' section to send notes out via a MIDI loopback cable to a synth inside another DAW.
With this setup, if Hackey Trackey is focussed and I press space to stop playback once two different, back-to-back notes have played, the second note will hang.
Talk about a strange set of circumstances leading to this issue.

Quote:
It seems the renoise top row issue (stuck notes from the numeric keys) is a reaper issue that I cannot resolve at this time. When you get a stuck note from that, focus another window to shift the focus. See this bug report:
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread...51#post2452851
Sorry to hear that it is an underlying Reaper issue. But anyway, thanks for taking it as far as you can.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #465
_TIP_

Hi sai'ke, I hope all is well, not sure if that was mentioned before but I'm getting this error message when I try to start HT. If you get a chance could you please take a look? Thank you!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #466
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TIP_ View Post
Hi sai'ke, I hope all is well, not sure if that was mentioned before but I'm getting this error message when I try to start HT. If you get a chance could you please take a look? Thank you!
Hmm, I don't see any media item being accessed on that particular line in the latest version. Are you on the latest version (2.70)? If not, update and see if it still happens.

If so, please send me your hackey trackey config file, and perhaps tracker.lua.

On windows it's in:
Code:
Old 06-15-2021, 02:18 PM   #467
_TIP_

Quote:
Hmm, I don't see any media item being accessed on that particular line in the latest version. Are you on the latest version (2.70)? If not, update and see if it still happens.

If so, please send me your hackey trackey config file, and perhaps tracker.lua.

On windows it's in:
Code:
I'm on v2.69, v2.70 unfortunately is not available on github yet.Here is the tracker.lua and config file, I hope you'll be able to figure something out. THANKS!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tracker.zip (74.8 KB, 114 views)
Old 06-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #468
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TIP_ View Post
I'm on v2.69, v2.70 unfortunately is not available on github yet.Here is the tracker.lua and config file, I hope you'll be able to figure something out. THANKS!!!
Ah found it. I don't know why, but I hadn't committed a few changelog entries, which meant that the version you had had the relevant lines shifted by a few lines.

Anyways, the bug you encountered should be fixed in 2.70. Which is now available

In other news, for another project, I'm going to be spinning out the sample playback part of hackey trackey sample playback into its own library. I'm currently still testing with that branch locally on my machine, but if I break anything during this phase, please let me know.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #469
_TIP_

Quote:
Ah found it. I don't know why, but I hadn't committed a few changelog entries, which meant that the version you had had the relevant lines shifted by a few lines.

Anyways, the bug you encountered should be fixed in 2.70. Which is now available

In other news, for another project, I'm going to be spinning out the sample playback part of hackey trackey sample playback into its own library. I'm currently still testing with that branch locally on my machine, but if I break anything during this phase, please let me know.
V2.70 solved the issue for me, YOU ROCK @sai'ke
Old 06-20-2021, 12:14 AM   #470
TonE

Dear saike, my friend, did not visit the forum for some time, seeing your github closings, thought let me see what happened in hackey trackey land and see, lots of great and wonderful news. Thanks for the great new hackey trackey sample playback module written in js with wonderful gui. Looking even like available lua guis. Not sure if new stuff were added there in the last updates. Anyway the gui looks functional, working fastly, very useful.

Played a bit around. Wanted to test also the multi-out option. If there is one secure way of configuring it any tips are welcome. What I tried, leading to a memory crash is as follows:
1. loading hackey trackey sample playback module in a new track.
2. drag and drop two samples into two slots
3. write some test music quickly with those two samples
4. activate multi-out in hackey trackey sample playback module
5. here comes the dangerous part, leading to a crash on my computer: in vst/jsfx window, select from menu: options, build multichannel routing for output of selected FX, answering the "build routing confirmation" with yes. Crashing Reaper. Thought I should report.

Other than that, wonderful so far. Thanks for the tracker effects as well. Tested them one by one, all seem working nicely. Probability is great. Arpeggio as well. For a single note and samples can we apply only a single effect? Or is there any tricky way to apply even two effects for example using two channels or so? Typical use case could be (a) probability (b) some other effect, pitch gliding or arpeggiator for example.

Now we have as a friend to hackey trackey redux vst, and now this great small tool hackey trackey sample playback module. I guess this has the highest fun / cpu ratio! Very little cpu consumption but a huge fun space.

Thanks also for adding the shifting of current note to a side channel using shift+insert, or its opposite with shift+backspace. Great. With multi-channel output this could be fun as well. I am assuming the 15 channels of hackey trackey will be routed to separate outputs, thus a channel shift would mean an output shift as well. Great.

Last edited by TonE; 06-20-2021 at 12:33 AM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #471
todd_r

Quote:
...find the action named "hackey_trackey_load_sample.lua"
I don't seem to have this action

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (5.2 KB, 466 views)
Old 06-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #472
todd_r

And I'm no longer getting any sound out of the playback module (same on loading previously working project)
Old 06-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #473
sai'ke

Sorry, load_sample not appearing and the module not initializing properly should both be fixed in 2.74 (just released). The latter was a side effect of me spinning the sample part off in its own separate module. Thank you for reporting it to me. I would likely not have noticed for a while, because another version was shadowing that library for me. I've rearranged things a bit to not have that happen again @_@
Old 06-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #474
todd_r

No problem, thanks for the amazingly quick response!
Old 07-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #475
todd_r

Minor bug, mute states not saved when you save and reload a project.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:26 AM   #476
sai'ke

Quote:
Minor bug, mute states not saved when you save and reload a project.
Hm, I could mitigate this pretty easily, but it would mean that you'd also save the mute (and solo) state with presets. I guess that's expected though, no?
Old 07-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #477
sai'ke

MUTE/SOLO states are serialized from now on
Old 07-19-2021, 03:45 PM   #478
todd_r

Super! Thanks sai'ke
Old 07-22-2021, 02:44 AM   #479
TonE

Quote:
MUTE/SOLO states are serialized from now on
Does this mean following:
I have a pattern 0, all channels/columns playing. I duplicate this pattern to 1.
In pattern 1, I mute a few columns. Now when using those patterns 0 and 1 via hackey patterns, the mutes will be auto set each time correctly? Even after closing and reopening the Reaper project?
If yes, that would be useful and something like mute functionality in patterns of Atari ST Notator. You could take a single pattern, do multiple mute variant patterns, under new pattern numbers/characters, directly place them in hackey patterns.

How are you using this feature todd_r?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:29 AM   #480
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Does this mean following:
I have a pattern 0, all channels/columns playing. I duplicate this pattern to 1.
In pattern 1, I mute a few columns. Now when using those patterns 0 and 1 via hackey patterns, the mutes will be auto set each time correctly? Even after closing and reopening the Reaper project?
If yes, that would be useful and something like mute functionality in patterns of Atari ST Notator. You could take a single pattern, do multiple mute variant patterns, under new pattern numbers/characters, directly place them in hackey patterns.

How are you using this feature todd_r?
No, sorry, I should have been more clear. This new feature only pertains to mutes/solos for samples in hackey trackey sample playback. HTP will now remember what you muted / solo'd when you save the project.