Old 07-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
STOP
Human being with feelings

Default v6.31+dev0707 - July 7 2021

v6.31+dev0707 - July 7 2021
  • * Includes feature branch: MIDI editor note reordering
  • * Includes feature branch: media item lanes
  • + FX: improve UI-destruction order when closing floating windows (for buggy plug-ins)
  • + JSFX: add a parameter to control whether the JSFX loudness meter outputs loudness values as automation
  • + JSFX: add internal meter update rate parameter to loudness meter
  • + Render: add action to open render statistics in web browser
  • + Render: always report all of lufs-m max, lufs-s max, lufs-i when displaying render statistics in web browser or API request
  • # Media item lanes: allow setting vertical offset for overlapping items above 100%
  • # Render: display system progress bar for render progress
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
STOP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
ovnis

"# Media item lanes: allow setting vertical offset for overlapping items above 100%"

Thx you. It works great!

When items recorded are overlapped, the track is automatically transformed to fixed media lane. Is it possible to choose between "fixed media lane is created after a recording" and to do nothing like previous versions (before the arrival of the fixed media lane)?

Actually it can be fastidious because if we don't want fixed media lane, we have to disable it for each track where there are overlapping items after a recording.

Thx you!
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
daniellumertz

thanks
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP View Post
+ Render: add action to open render statistics in web browser
+ Render: always report all of lufs-m max, lufs-s max, lufs-i when displaying render statistics in web browser or API request
Great implementation! Very tidy and can easily be saved as PDF or copy-pasted into a word processor.

Could we perhaps also in the render window have each peaks value followed by the respective clips rather than Peak/TruePeak and Clip/TPClip? Mixed up as it is now it looks a bit messy in my opinion.

Quote:
# Render: display system progress bar for render progress
Great, a dedicated bar like this is even better than before where it overlapped with the numbers!

When normalizing, wouldn't it be more useful to make the progress bar start from 0% again and follow the progress, rather than stopping a little before 100% until after completion?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #5
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
When normalizing, wouldn't it be more useful to make the progress bar start from 0% again and follow the progress, rather than stopping a little before 100% until after completion?
Or 2 progress bars like in Total commander, where the first one is of current process and the second one is overall.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:59 PM   #6
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Or 2 progress bars like in Total commander, where the first one is of current process and the second one is overall.
A true overall progress bar would be best, but I guess that is difficult to calculate..?

The progress bar we have now might seem a bit like an overall progress bar but technically is not as it fills almost entirely during the first rendering pass and then just freezes for a few seconds while doing normalization and when completed jumps to the end.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #7
nofish

Quote:
[*]+ Render: always report all of lufs-m max, lufs-s max, lufs-i when displaying render statistics in web browser or API request
Nice, thanks.
Now if API request could additionally return positions (in time) of true peak (if true peak calc. set in Options), lufs-m max, lufs-s max, all SWS Loudness API functions could be deprecated and native alternative be used.

edit:
That's the one missing natively currently:
https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/rea...eTakeLoudness2

Last edited by nofish; 07-07-2021 at 03:40 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #8
daniellumertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Nice, thanks.
Now if API request could additionally return positions (in time) of true peak (if true peak calc. set in Options), lufs-m max, lufs-s max, all SWS Loudness API functions could be deprecated and native alternative be used.
Nice idea!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #9
bolgwrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
Nice idea!
Am I right in thinking this would enable an action to, for example, mark clip points in the track view? That would be um, interesting!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #10
daniellumertz

I think actually this request would enable placing markers at clips https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255319.

More less like Script: X-Raym_Detect selected and master tracks clips - peaks over 0dB - position.lua. But without having to hit play everytime and wait an online playback, and with more precise markers on time. As the script is running on a defer it has probably 33ms precision variation.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #11
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
I think actually this request would enable placing markers at clips https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255319.
This would need even a little more enhancement of the current API because currently it 'only' returns (true) peak (i.e. one value) and not all the values where it clips.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:37 PM   #12
javiramallo

Hi Devs.
For the moment in "6.31 dev0707" I am having the same problem that with 6.30/31.
This is , all of my projects open perfectly until 6.29 but not in 6.30/31 and neither in this pre release.
Can't find the VST3 plugins.

Any clue?

Here a couple of in video examples.

reaper631+dev0707_x64: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JHs...ew?usp=sharing

6.29: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OqU...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks in advanced.
Any clue will be wellcome.

Last edited by javiramallo; 07-07-2021 at 11:43 PM.
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:10 AM   #13
RovingEye

Quote:
+ FX: improve UI-destruction order when closing floating windows (for buggy plug-ins)
Still having this bug with floating windows and the toggle action driving me nuts: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=241418. Cheers for any work you guys can do improving this action.

Last edited by RovingEye; 07-08-2021 at 12:42 AM.
RovingEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:26 AM   #14
BlackScreen

Quote:
  • + JSFX: add internal meter update rate parameter to loudness meter
I was not able to find the parameter to try it out. :/

Quote:
  • + Render: add action to open render statistics in web browser
  • + Render: always report all of lufs-m max, lufs-s max, lufs-i when displaying render statistics in web browser or API request
This is awesome, thanks!
BlackScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:06 AM   #15
BlackScreen

Also, just saw it in the Batch-Converter:
When I have a preset and add another, both are checked and I can not select one or the other they are both active at the same time.
They also do not recall anything. Probably there is something broken.
I tested with the release version of 6.31.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:24 AM   #16
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackScreen View Post
Also, just saw it in the Batch-Converter:
When I have a preset and add another, both are checked and I can not select one or the other they are both active at the same time.
They also do not recall anything. Probably there is something broken.
I tested with the release version of 6.31.
Presets in the batch converter are useless anyway, half of the values are recalled and half are not and AFAIK it has always been like this. Having presets save everything or at least having a total reset button would help a lot as currently there is no way to avoid double-checking all options before converting.. my FR about this got no support at all so I thought I was the only one to care.

EDIT: according to Coachz the Render Presets suffer similar issues, like output directory not being saved.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:28 AM   #17
BlackScreen

Quote:
Presets in the batch converter are useless anyway, half of the values are recalled and half are not and AFAIK it has always been like this. Having presets save everything or at least having a total reset button would help a lot as currently there is no way to avoid double-checking all options before converting.. my FR about this got no support at all so I thought I was the only one to care.
I did not know this and have not tried the batch converter earlier, but I would support this. A reset button or at least a default preset would help. Especially when you have FX chains in place, that could screw up the conversions.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:30 AM   #18
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackScreen View Post
I did not know this and have not tried the batch converter earlier, but I would support this. A reset button or at least a default preset would help. Especially when you have FX chains in place, that could screw up the conversions.
Exactly, I once did a conversion and wasn’t aware that there was still a limiter active in the FX chain from an earlier conversion.. goodbye peaks.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:02 AM   #19
Zeno

Quote:
Exactly, I once did a conversion and wasn’t aware that there was still a limiter active in the FX chain from an earlier conversion.. goodbye peaks.

TBH this has never happened to me. But you're right. At least a warning would be appropriate here, pointing out to the user that FX are inserted. Extra user-friendly would be an additional prompt that lets the user choose whether the FX should be bypassed or included in the rendering process.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:25 AM   #20
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
TBH this has never happened to me. But you're right. At least a warning would be appropriate here, pointing out to the user that FX are inserted. Extra user-friendly would be an additional prompt that lets the user choose whether the FX should be bypassed or included in the rendering process.
Probably a bypass/include prompt would be overkill as we already have a clearly visible checkbox to turn them on or off. But a * like we have on the normalize button would be useful to see whether there is soemthing loaded on the FX chain.

The issue actually arose because I had recalled a preset and I 100% expected the FX chain of the preset (which was empty) to be loaded. I totally did not expect the FX chain from the day before to still remain despite recalling a preset so I didn’t even check.

I admit I should have turned off the FX chain checkbox when I didn’t need FX but that’s the whole point of the criticism. Each conversion requires careful checking of all options to be sure that no unwanted changes are applied. Maybe I only want to do a SR conversion? I load a “default” preset, change SR and run the converter thinking I will get only SR conversion.. but some option remained active despite recalling the preset and unwanted processing is applied. This makes presets unusable as one has to check every setting before each conversion anyway.

Anyway I think this discussion is totally unrelated to this dev cycle so sorry for derailing. Maybe we should continue to discuss it in the related FR threads. Sorry devs!

Batch converter FR: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=254766
Render preset FR: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255259
Old 07-08-2021, 03:31 AM   #21
javiramallo

Hello.
I continue to deal with my problem opening projects I was working on until version 6.30 came out.
I guess it is not a common problem because no one is experiencing this. So ok it's my fault but come on guys I feel lonely :-(.

I appreciate if someone can take a look at this at least to help me figure it out.

My research led me to this:

Thanks in advanced friends.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:34 AM   #22
nikolalkc

Hey folks, thanks for all the amazing loudness updates.

I have a small request for future updates.
Can we have an option to write loudness info as metadata when rendering files?
Old 07-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #23
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiramallo View Post
Hello.
I continue to deal with my problem opening projects I was working on until version 6.30 came out.
I guess it is not a common problem because no one is experiencing this. So ok it's my fault but come on guys I feel lonely :-(.

I appreciate if someone can take a look at this at least to help me figure it out.

My research led me to this:

Thanks in advanced friends.
Thanks, fixing!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #24
javiramallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks, fixing!
Ohh! Thanks Justin.