Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-24-2021, 02:35 AM   #801
Mordi
Human being with feelings

Yesterday, I created a pull request to add two scripts to the ReaTeam repo. I noticed an automated test failed. Does this mean the PR won't be merged?

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts/pull/849

Edit: Oh, nvm. Just saw the comment.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #802
Buy One

When installing a script under different names as multiple slots, do metatags get copied over to the individual files from the package file as well or should they be included in the code section?
Old 10-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #803
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
When installing a script under different names as multiple slots, do metatags get copied over to the individual files from the package file as well or should they be included in the code section?
Yes. It's the exact same file being downloaded under multiple filenames.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:53 PM   #804
Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Yes. It's the exact same file being downloaded under multiple filenames.
Thank you
Old 10-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #805
adam79

Hey, I hit a snag installing ReaPack and then ReaLearn.

The ReaPack install went smooth...I can see that it changed my menus. However, I don't see the 'Extension' menu, which is where the first step of the ReaLearn install takes you.

I have SWS in the UserPlugin folder. Should ReaPack be in there after the install? Cuz it ain't there.

Any idea on what's happening here?

Thanks.
adam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #806
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Hey, I hit a snag installing ReaPack and then ReaLearn.

The ReaPack install went smooth...I can see that it changed my menus. However, I don't see the 'Extension' menu, which is where the first step of the ReaLearn install takes you.

I have SWS in the UserPlugin folder. Should ReaPack be in there after the install? Cuz it ain't there.

Any idea on what's happening here?

Thanks.
Do you have customized menus perhaps?
For example, I use ReaMenus which renames the Extensions menu to Memory.
Also you can filter action list for ReaPack, it should show some actions (e.g. ReaPack: About...) if installed correctly.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:53 PM   #807
Flaneurette

I've added a pull req., with two python libraries. I noticed much of ReaPack is lua. Can I simply add Python?

One is a single Python script, the other is a complete Python library.

I submitted it and awaiting if it works. First time doing a pull request on ReaPack so I am not entirely certain if it was submitted correctly.
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:04 AM   #808
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
I've added a pull req., with two python libraries. I noticed much of ReaPack is lua. Can I simply add Python?
Yes. The editor assumes .lua as default when the storage filename is unspecified, so it should be set to use a .py extension (flaneurette_ReaChorder.py).

Had a brief look at the PR and ReaChorder's repository, looks like it includes many missing files (eg. rs_midi.py). The dependencies can be added to the package via the "Add files" button or drag/drop into the page.

By default the additional files are uploaded (and installed) into a "flaneurette_ReaChorder" directory. Python's include path will likely need to be adjusted. (ex. <resource path>/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/flaneurette_ReaChorder.py, <resource path>/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/flaneurette_ReaChorder/rs_midi.py, etc)
Old 10-21-2021, 01:22 AM   #809
Flaneurette

Quote:
Yes. The editor assumes .lua as default when the storage filename is unspecified, so it should be set to use a .py extension (flaneurette_ReaChorder.py).

Had a brief look at the PR and ReaChorder's repository, looks like it includes many missing files (eg. rs_midi.py). The dependencies can be added to the package via the "Add files" button or drag/drop into the page.

By default the additional files are uploaded (and installed) into a "flaneurette_ReaChorder" directory. Python's include path will likely need to be adjusted. (ex. <resource path>/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/flaneurette_ReaChorder.py, <resource path>/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/flaneurette_ReaChorder/rs_midi.py, etc)
Could you give an example on how I can do this for these two libraries?

https://github.com/flaneurette/GuitarChorder
https://github.com/flaneurette/ReaChorder

Do I need to edit my code for it to be added to ReaPack? as I am not entirely sure and don't want to submit duplicate files.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #810
Flaneurette

I have resubmitted GuitarChorder to see if it works. If it does, I will try to add ReaChorder as well. Thank you.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:23 AM   #811
adam79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Do you have customized menus perhaps?
For example, I use ReaMenus which renames the Extensions menu to Memory.
Yes. I guess I added the Menu thing separate from ReaPack. It kinda rings a bell.

I'm gonna check the Memory menu when I get home.

Thanks.
adam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:24 PM   #812
cfillion

Quote:
Do I need to edit my code for it to be added to ReaPack? as I am not entirely sure and don't want to submit duplicate files.
I think the only change would be a sys.path.append for loading the additional files from the subdirectory (unless Python has some other way to import files relatively).

Old 10-22-2021, 02:05 AM   #813
Flaneurette

Quote:
I think the only change would be a sys.path.append for loading the additional files from the subdirectory (unless Python has some other way to import files relatively).
Tried adding files However, some of them are binary. These are .ini files written by Python in binary, but could not add those. Gave an error about files being binary.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:07 AM   #814
Flaneurette

Quote:

Is there a way to test this before I add/submit and do a pull request?
Old 10-22-2021, 01:42 PM   #815
cfillion

Quote:
Tried adding files However, some of them are binary. These are .ini files written by Python in binary, but could not add those. Gave an error about files being binary.
EDIT: What is the error message? Adding binary .ini files as "Hosted files" should be fine.

Quote:
Is there a way to test this before I add/submit and do a pull request?
Only by simulating the file hierarchy locally. Once the PR is sent I can create a index.xml that can be imported into ReaPack for full testing before release.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-22-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:19 AM   #816
benmiller

not sure this is the right place for this question:
I'm trying to import new repos in reapack, i copy the links from here https://reapack.com/repos
but i'm always getting error timeout.

i also get timeout errors when trying to install individual scripts from X-Raym or lokasenna for example

i've installed other scripts before using reapack so it used to work. I'm using latest version of reaper, with latest version of reapack, on catalina. I've also tried resetting the default settings.

any ideas how i can try to fix this?
benmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:58 AM   #817
mschnell

Maybe you are behind a firewall ?

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #818
Flaneurette

Quote:
EDIT: What is the error message? Adding binary .ini files as "Hosted files" should be fine.
Made a new pull request, fingers crossed to see whether it works.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #819
GeneralMidi

Default Installed scripts manually

Hi, I copied some scripts to a new install. They appear and work in the action list, but are not showing as installed in the ReaPack Package Browser. I understand next time I should export the scripts first, and then import them?

And if I select all scripts for install, will I end up with doubles?

And lastly, is there a way to tell ReaPack that the scripts have all already been downloaded? I'd rather not download them all again if possible (dodgy internet here)

Sorry if this has been asked before.

GeneralMidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #820
Mordi

Someone messaged me about a weird issue: After installing a few of my scripts, they can't export their configuration anymore. I can't imagine that the content of the scripts themselves would cause this, but maybe some kind of configuration error happened when I uploaded them to ReaPack? Maybe the error somehow happens when ReaPack is exporting the script files.

They sent me these images, which shows the error disappearing after removing my scripts.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #821
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Someone messaged me about a weird issue: After installing a few of my scripts, they can't export their configuration anymore. I can't imagine that the content of the scripts themselves would cause this, but maybe some kind of configuration error happened when I uploaded them to ReaPack? Maybe the error somehow happens when ReaPack is exporting the script files.
Strange, perhaps there's a limit for filename length that can be exported? I'd recommend exporting scripts separately using ReaPack's export feature rather than REAPER's. That way ReaPack will be able to manage them once imported.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #822
Buy One

Related

from 6.41 change log

Quote:
Configuration export
allow export to continue when some files fail (e.g. due to very long path names) (bug report)
Now they will be able to export sans the files which fail

In the image attached to the bug report Mordi's files feature as well

Last edited by Buy One; 11-16-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:28 PM   #823
zvukofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
not sure this is the right place for this question:
I'm trying to import new repos in reapack, i copy the links from here https://reapack.com/repos
but i'm always getting error timeout.

i also get timeout errors when trying to install individual scripts from X-Raym or lokasenna for example

i've installed other scripts before using reapack so it used to work. I'm using latest version of reaper, with latest version of reapack, on catalina. I've also tried resetting the default settings.

any ideas how i can try to fix this?
Hi!

I have the same behavior on macOS Big Sur, m1 MacBook, x86 Reaper 6.40 - every package i try to install getting "timeout 15000 msec".

At the same time, same Macbook, arm Reaper 6.40 worked smooth as it should. I'd be glab, but i have to use x86 version for plugin compability reasons..

Any ideas?
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:50 AM   #824
benmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Hi!

I have the same behavior on macOS Big Sur, m1 MacBook, x86 Reaper 6.40 - every package i try to install getting "timeout 15000 msec".

At the same time, same Macbook, arm Reaper 6.40 worked smooth as it should. I'd be glab, but i have to use x86 version for plugin compability reasons..

Any ideas?
it's now working fine for me although i haven't changed anything. mysterious...
benmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:32 PM   #825
manoakoa

Default What would I use

to install the Reaplugs Suite? Or is there a specific place I need to place the Reaplugs Suite items downloaded?
manoakoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:05 PM   #826
todd_r

If I enable bleeding edge, and install the new packages can I uninstall again? Just unticking and syncing again doesn't seem to do it
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:00 PM   #827
cfillion

They can be uninstalled (or downgraded to the previous non-beta version) from the package browser. Synchronizing should prompt to uninstall packages that only had beta releases if the corresponding option is enabled.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:52 PM   #828
Mordi

Why is the "Upload" button on the main package file always grayed out, on the package uploader page?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:22 PM   #829
cfillion

Because it's the file containing all the metadata describing the package, it cannot be downloaded externally or be sourced from another file.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:45 AM   #830
tingshuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Hi!

Any ideas?
Hi, did you manage to get this resolved? I'm having the same problem. MacOS Big Sur, Intel, Reaper 6.43. Thanks
tingshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:48 AM   #831
tingshuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingshuo View Post
Hi, did you manage to get this resolved? I'm having the same problem. MacOS Big Sur, Intel, Reaper 6.43. Thanks
Sorry, posted too quickly. Issue has resolved itself after a few restarts of Reaper and the computer.
tingshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:37 AM   #832
Mordi

Is there a way to add synonyms for when searching for scripts in the ReaPack browser? I’ve ended up coding a bunch of scripts because I searched for the wrong terms.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #833
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Is there a way to add synonyms for when searching for scripts in the ReaPack browser? I’ve ended up coding a bunch of scripts because I searched for the wrong terms.
Justin and schwa keep adding synonyms to the Actions window. I wonder if there is a way to tap their database. Maybe we can ask them to publicize it?
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:16 AM   #834
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
Justin and schwa keep adding synonyms to the Actions window. I wonder if there is a way to tap their database. Maybe we can ask them to publicize it?
Each release has langpack published on beta page, just search it for "actionlist_synonyms"
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:18 AM   #835
MonkeyBars

Thank you, legend BR!
Old 01-05-2022, 10:42 PM   #836
cfillion

Quote:
Looking into adding this. REAPER's synonym list isn't accessible with the current API (and even if it were it'd be translated), so it will have to be new list specific to ReaPack.

^ equivalent to manually typing ( open OR "open" OR "display" OR "view" OR "show" OR "hide" )

Last edited by cfillion; 01-05-2022 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:49 AM   #837
MonkeyBars

Quote:
REAPER's synonym list isn't accessible with the current API (and even if it were it'd be translated), so it will have to be new list specific to ReaPack.
Just paste it in manually as Breeder suggests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Each release has langpack published on beta page, just search it for "actionlist_synonyms"
Old 02-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #838
tohubohu

Hello,
I have not been able to connect to reapack for several days. I have this message at the end of the downloads:

"Timeout was reached (28): Connection timed out after 15000 milliseconds"
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 04:54 AM   #839
Buy One

Are several author names and no author name allowed in a script file name? And if not, is the reason practical or aesthetical?
Old 02-20-2022, 02:29 AM   #840
chazroot

Default Receiving a "ReaPack: Installation path mismatch" Error on Reaper Start

Greetings!

I am receiving the following error message when starting Reaper. Clearly I've done something wrong. Any suggestions on how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

-chaz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 6.19.50 PM.jpg (51.7 KB, 196 views)
chazroot is offline   Reply With Quote