Old 03-25-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Default v6.52+dev0325 - March 25 2022

v6.52+dev0325 - March 25 2022
  • * Includes feature branch: display options for recent projects list
  • * Includes feature branch: update ARA to version 2.1
  • * Includes feature branch: insert new track when importing media via mouse drag-drop
  • * Includes feature branch: embedding images in ogg, opus files when rendering or converting
  • * Includes feature branch: render loudness graphing
  • * Includes feature branch: media explorer user-defined tags
  • * Includes feature branch: FX chain oversampling
  • * Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
  • + Actions window: improve diagnostic messages when a key is mapped to an action which does not exist
  • + Actions: account for reverse volume grouping when running action to adjust track volume [t=264649]
  • + MIDI inline editor: fix marquee drawing bugs when mapped to left-drag
  • + Media explorer: add themeable colors for media explorer grid/markers, pitch detection text
  • + Media explorer: use media item background color for preview peaks background
  • + Media item lanes: add lane_solo_up, lane_solo_down theme images
  • + Media item lanes: display lane up/down buttons when track is not tall enough to display per-lane buttons
  • + Media items: don't display cursor feedback on locked items
  • + Media items: prevent editing take envelopes when item is locked
  • + Project settings: save default settings saves master hardware outputs
  • # MIDI editor: fix velocity behavior when drawing notes and humanize window is open [p=2540514]
  • # Media item lanes: more consistent sizing/positioning of lanes and controls
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
sockmonkey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #2
musicbynumbers

+ Media item lanes: display lane up/down buttons when track is not tall enough to display per-lane buttons

Love this

I've found though that when it's small enough to only show one of the soloed tracks. If you then make a razor selection and copy the area. It sometimes only copies say lane 1 and not all the lanes which could lead to some bad stuff later one

Probably should auto razor select all lanes even when collapsed to 1.

Some might complain so this might need to be an option or a mouse modifier?
Old 03-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #3
tohubohu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
v6.52+dev0325 - March 25 2022[*]+ MIDI inline editor: fix marquee drawing bugs when mapped to left-drag
thank you!

especially in the inline editor (but also in midi editor or notation editor), there is also this important bug to be fixed.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=253771
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:22 PM   #4
Vagelis

Quote:
v6.52+dev0325 - March 25 2022[*]+ Media item lanes: display lane up/down buttons when track is not tall enough to display per-lane buttons
This is really good and useful, thanks!

I think i found an issue when i'm pressing the arrow with "toggle playing this lane", seems like it doesn't toggle each lane in the correct order.

Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #5
Spookye

+ Media explorer: add themeable colors for media explorer grid / markers, pitch detection text
+ Media explorer: use media item background color for preview peaks background

Thank you so much guys .....
Old 03-25-2022, 09:44 PM   #6
babag

while some work seems to be happening on items it occurs to me that it seems odd there's no preference under 'project--->media item defaults' to display item ruler along with unit options.

thanks,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:18 PM   #7
Odys

Quote:
[b][*]+ Media explorer: use media item background color for preview peaks background
That's already how it works and its a theming pain when one color is used in too many places, please add override for this with a checkbox so its compatible with previous themes and can be separately themable.

Old 03-26-2022, 01:00 AM   #8
Pink Wool

+ Media item lanes: display lane up/down buttons when track is not tall enough to display per-lane buttons

This is cool!

Was wondering if when none of the lanes are soloed and the track is too small to show individual lane numbers, could the "centerpiece" (lane number) show how many lanes there are? Or do you think that could be confusing seeing as when you solo it, it starts from lane 1?

I'm not sure if there's a need for seeing how many lanes you have...

Edit: Actually, just thinking out loud here but could there be a user case where they would want a lane soloed (say lane 3) when the track is small and then unsoloed to hear other stuff on different lanes and then they'd want the lane (lane 3) soloed again? Then they would have to "scroll" through the lanes from the top again to solo the lane.

I'm pretty sure in normal comping or recording you most likely wouldn't "need" this but there are a lot of sound designers here who use Reaper. Would they benefit from the solo'd lane being remembered? Or anyone else? Is it even possible to save the lane solo state that way?

Edit edit: Or even users accidentally pressing the solo off would have to scroll through different lanes again...

Last edited by Pink Wool; 03-26-2022 at 01:13 AM.
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:28 AM   #9
Dstruct

Would be nice if you could hide the disabled scrollbars in the ME media information box when the content fits the box.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:52 AM   #10
mccrabney

regarding media explorer peaks preview background: i installed this pre as portable to see if this change had any impact on the grey-on-grey default cursor color, but it did not - it's of course very cool that folks can change either this background color or the cursor itself, but the default cursor/color combo is very difficult to see:

mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #11
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Was wondering if when none of the lanes are soloed and the track is too small to show individual lane numbers, could the "centerpiece" (lane number) show how many lanes there are? Or do you think that could be confusing seeing as when you solo it, it starts from lane 1?

I'm not sure if there's a need for seeing how many lanes you have...

Edit: Actually, just thinking out loud here but could there be a user case where they would want a lane soloed (say lane 3) when the track is small and then unsoloed to hear other stuff on different lanes and then they'd want the lane (lane 3) soloed again? Then they would have to "scroll" through the lanes from the top again to solo the lane.
Actually what i think it would be really cool to have is, when the lane up/down buttons are shown, to right click on the circle button and show the numbers of all lanes with a dropdown menu, e.g 1,2,3,4,5, then we could select the lane we want to solo e.g 3 and then use the up/down arrow to start scrolling and soloing other lanes starting from lane 3, which we selected from the menu.
That way we can see the number of all lanes even if the track height is small from the menu, but also to start soloing and scrolling to other lane numbers from the lane number we have chosen.

Last edited by Vagelis; 03-26-2022 at 08:06 AM.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #12
JRTaylorMusic

I really like the lane up/down implementation! I would like to see it anchored to the top, rather than middle, though perhaps it will become themeable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Actually what i think it would be really cool to have is, when the lane up/down buttons are shown, to right click on the circle button and show the numbers of all lanes with a dropdown menu, e.g 1,2,3,4,5, then we could select the lane we want to solo e.g 3 and then use the up/down arrow to start scrolling and soloing other lanes starting from lane 3, which we selected from the menu.
That way we can see the number of all lanes even if the track height is small from the menu, but also to start soloing and scrolling to other lane numbers from the lane number we have chosen.
I really like this idea!
JRTaylorMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:46 AM   #13
JRTaylorMusic

Default Faint peaks in folder

The "Play Only" solo button does not update faint peaks the way that track solo buttons do. Seems like they should.

JRTaylorMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:33 AM   #14
Pink Wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Seems like a good idea!
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 04:55 AM   #15
krahosk

Quote:
[*]# MIDI editor: fix velocity behavior when drawing notes and humanize window is open [p=2540514]
On the Linux version at least, handling the velocity lane match sticks has a jolting behavior now. They go up or down abruptly with the slightest mouse movement, humanize window open or not.

Last edited by krahosk; 03-27-2022 at 05:01 AM.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:54 AM   #16
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
On the Linux version at least, handling the velocity lane match sticks has a jolting behavior now. They go up or down abruptly with the slightest mouse movement, humanize window open or not.

Similar behavior for Windows

(SO Windows 7/64)
Old 03-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #17
PhelixK

Quote:

* Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
Great additions to lanes and buttons for reordering, I like where this is going!

I support the above suggestion to be able to pick a solo-from-lane when right-clicking the lane control. Even better if possible to hold down a modifier and select a lane by using the mouse wheel, you get the idea.

Also I really like how the compact lane control panel looks in default Classic_1x, the unified shape has a nice flat style. I recon this makes use of contrast shifting colors to automatically change appearance, something I believe we can’t use for ordinary theming, or is it?

Besides this, I think there need to be some small extra visual guidance,

– When tracks are minimized (not super-collapsed) I miss some indication to tell when a track is in Fixed Lane mode. A number, a dot, stroke, the letter “L”, just something Of course when the FL column isn’t aligned, it is easy to quickly spot those right-indented tracks, but still I think it’s better to add a symbol of a kind.

– When no lanes are solo selected, I think the small control panel should indicate at least a dash or perhaps a zero. I understand it’s empty when nothing is selected, however it’s easy to get the impression that something isn’t working.

As for more consistent sizing/positioning of lanes and controls,
I think it works pretty well, only with the exception when labels are drawn inside media items and track lanes are compressed. At certain track heights, the MI titles and buttons still hides coincidentally. I’ve tweaked settings for collapsed and minimum height, but haven’t yet found a bullet proof combination.

Last edited by PhelixK; 03-27-2022 at 11:12 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #18
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
I really like the lane up/down implementation! I would like to see it anchored to the top, rather than middle, though perhaps it will become themeable!

I really like this idea!
Maybe it could be possible to select more things like freezed/freezed state in there: like a TCP Toolbar. OR/And a "? Button" for users to put their actions in there.
Some of my Requests : Pre Chain and Post Chain : Midi input reaching take instrument : Alias names for sends : Hide Specific sends on Sends Panel/TCP/MCP : please take care of the small workflow details ...
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:46 PM   #19
daniellumertz

It used to show a miniature item at the add space lane
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #20
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
It used to show a miniature item at the add space lane
Ah yeah, too late for the +dev0327 build but will be fixed for the next.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:26 PM   #21
daniellumertz

no problem! :B
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:57 PM   #22
lavmort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
Similar behavior for Windows

(SO Windows 7/64)
Yeah same, Windows 10
lavmort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:55 AM   #23
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavmort View Post
Yeah same, Windows 10
Fixed to +dev0327

P.S: It wasn't me who noticed the issue. I just confirmed.

Last edited by Edison; 03-28-2022 at 02:39 AM.
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote