Old 04-19-2022, 01:48 PM   #1
Vagelis
Human being with feelings
 
Vagelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Larisa, Greece
Posts: 1,918
Default v6.54 - April 19 2022

v6.54 - April 19 2022
  • + Actions: account for reverse volume grouping when running action to adjust track volume [t=264649]
  • + Actions: add actions to move media items to/from hidden child track
  • + ARA: update API to version 2.1, with ARM support
  • + Audio Units: improve resizing behavior of AUv3 plug-ins
  • + Audio Units: fix potential AUv3 crash when plug-in outputs MIDI events on Monterey
  • + Audio Units: call AudioUnitUninitialize() when unloading
  • + Batch converter: update display immediately after removing all files
  • + Batch converter: fix in-place conversion for non-boot macOS volumes [t=264848]
  • + Free item positioning: fix minor time selection display issue [p=2538153]
  • + Free item positioning: glued items inherit FIPM y-positioning
  • + Free item positioning: improve interaction between free item size edits and mouse modifiers (remove hardcoded behaviors of some modifier keys)
  • + Free item positioning: when recording in free item positioning mode, only adjust existing item y-positions if necessary
  • + FX: add per-FX instance and per-FX chain oversampling options (if both chain and instance are set, the higher of the two is used)
  • + FX: change Add-FX window pane configuration (horizontal vs vertical layout) via context menu, don't change configuration on double-clicking the divider
  • + FX: improve value editing and default values for wet/bypass/delta envelopes
  • + FX: when opening FX chain for a track that has no FX, by default show the Add-FX window rather than the empty FX chain window (option in Preferences/Plug-Ins)
  • + Import: add option in Preferences/Media to target the top part of a track to insert new track(s) to receive the media
  • + Import: on drag-import, offer to replace media source only if snapped start position of imported media is within an existing media item [t=184239]
  • + Logical sorting: improve sort order of various characters in Media Explorer and other windows (underscore, hyphen, number, UTF-8, alpha) [t=264382]
  • + Media buffering: update playback more promptly (bypass some media buffering) when changing item takes, mute states
  • + Media explorer: add action to delete file with prompting
  • + Media explorer: fix updating database metadata when database is not on the local filesystem
  • + Media items: replace "show overlapping items in lanes" option with "offset overlapping items vertically"
  • + Media items: add preferences for item vertical overlap percentage and opacity
  • + Media items: add preference for minimum height to display peaks
  • + Media items: change default item mix behavior to "items always mix", existing projects and user default project settings are unaffected
  • + Media items: don't display cursor feedback when mouse is over controls of locked items
  • + Media items: update mouse click prioritization to prefer opaque unselected items over transparent selected items (prevent clicking controls that are behind other items)
  • + Media items: improve interaction between preferences to show/hide free item positioning, show/hide media item labels at certain track heights
  • + Media items: locked items do not autocrossfade with unlocked items
  • + Media items: prevent editing take envelopes when item is locked
  • + Menus/Actions: update menus and actions to refer to "takes" instead of "take lanes", to avoid ambiguity
  • + Metadata: support WAVEEXT channel layout tag "L R C LFE Ls Rs" instead of "L R C LFE Lsd Rsd" [p=2547580]
  • + MIDI editor: fix editing left edge of notes, inserting new CC events, some other behaviors when editing looped item with start offset [t=264881] [p=2545303]
  • + MIDI editor: fix note velocity sweep-editing when moving the mouse quickly [t=264954]
  • + MIDI editor: reload custom .ReaScale function when opening a new project
  • + MIDI editor: restore grid type properly in quantize window when quantizing with swing [t=265280]
  • + MIDI inline editor: improve action window targeting behavior [t=156124]
  • + Projects: support loading multiple projects in recovery mode [t=234059]
  • + Projects: master hardware outputs are saved with project default settings
  • + Razor edits: add click-context mouse modifiers to move areas up or down without contents
  • + Razor edits: improve stretch-editing automation items in ripple-edit mode [p=2545359]
  • + Razor edits: razor edits on free item positioning lanes snap to item tops/bottoms, do not necessarily span the entire track height
  • + Razor edits: add "razor edits affect all track envelopes", separate from "move envelope points with media items"
  • + Razor edits: fix incorrect group selection edge highlight when razor editing
  • + Razor edits: fix behavior when stretching right edge of razor edit with ripple edit enabled and automation items later on the track [p=2543398]
  • + Razor edits: fix flickering display after running action to cut selected area of items [t=265219]
  • + ReaControlMIDI: increase length of sysex dump displayed in log from 1k to 8k bytes
  • + ReaEQ: expose global gain as an automatable parameter
  • + ReaInsert: do not allow processing if FX oversampling is used
  • + ReaScript: add GetSetMediaTrackInfo("I_FREEMODE"), deprecate GetSetMediaTrackInfo("B_FREEMODE")
  • + ReaScript: add GetSetMediaTrackInfo("P_RAZOREDITS_EXT"), to get/set free item positioning bounds
  • + ReaScript: fix GetThingFromPoint handling of hidden envelopes [t=264823]
  • + ReaScript: fix reaper.AddRemoveReaScript() on Windows when script path contains forward slashes [t=264181]
  • + ReaSurroundPan: fix action to set input names from sending tracks when FX pin mapping has been customized [t=264484]
  • + ReaSurroundPan: improve display when configuration changes so that inactive channels/speakers are displayed in the list
  • + ReaSurroundPan: when inserting as take FX, increase FX output pin count to match track channel count if needed [t=265248]
  • + Recording: respect option to always add takes to new recording when looping
  • + Recording: when preference enabled to add recorded media at each loop, defer adding media during mouse editing [p=2543669]
  • + Render: display graph of loudness values of rendered file in HTML statistics view
  • + Render: apply PDC to rendered output when master track FX is set to ignore PDC or hardware-output-PDC
  • + Reverse items: improve behavior of reverse items as new take with audioless video items [t=265238]
  • + Super8: allow up to 500ms of RDC
  • + Tempo envelope: context menu action to insert point respects default point shape (linear or square, curved shapes are not allowed on tempo envelopes)
  • + Tempo envelope: don't snap to beats when editing points if project snap is disabled
  • + Tempo envelope: warn if user enters time signature numerators/denominators out of range [t=265162]
  • + Theme: add theme overlay color, blend mode for muted/unsoloed/inactive or locked media items and tracks
  • + Track manager: display track channel count
  • + Tracks/media items/razor edits: many internal changes to support future media item lane functionality
  • + Video: fix behavior when enabling/disabling audio on all project video sources
  • + Windows: add additional uninstall information to system

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode

Last edited by Vagelis; 04-19-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
Frank Lee Scarlett
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 400
Default

What am I looking at here?

The download page says March 29 for the latest version. No update option when I open my Reaper. I'm lost.
Frank Lee Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #3
BJORG
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OG - south of umgebung
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee Scarlett View Post
What am I looking at here?

The download page says March 29 for the latest version. No update option when I open my Reaper. I'm lost.
Be patient, they need some time to update the site.

A new version can be found at first on the pre-release site.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=22836

That is where the 'new features list' is coming from, and a more or less little time later it con be found on the main site.
BJORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:22 PM   #4
Frank Lee Scarlett
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 400
Default

Oh, I'm patient. I just didn't understand what was being posted. I haven't been a Reaper user forever. Thanx for explaining it in a such a polite way.
Frank Lee Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
BJORG
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OG - south of umgebung
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee Scarlett View Post
Oh, I'm patient. I just didn't understand what was being posted. I haven't been a Reaper user forever. Thanx for explaining it in a such a polite way.
You are welcome. It's kind of a decent race between the pre-testies who's first in finding a new version. Maybe that's why it pop-up a little bit to early. But it's like x-mas, pleasant anticipation can be fun. Maybe better ask your kids about that.

Ups, quote you before you edit your message, should I erase the quote?
BJORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #6
Frank Lee Scarlett
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJORG View Post
Ups, quote you before you edit your message, should I erase the quote?
It's ok. I put it back after you quoted it. I changed it at first because I thought it might be mis-read as being sarcastic, which it wasn't meant to be.
Frank Lee Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:29 PM   #7
jkeller51
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 46
Default

Happy to see FX oversampling finally go public. I've been finding a lot of use for it while using nonlinear JS plugins, and also 3rd party plugins where the developer didn't know / didn't care about aliasing. Nice work!


PS: Is there a reason the audio doesn't automatically reset when changing FX oversampling settings? The manual play/stop process is kind of clunky, and not discoverable to new users at all.
jkeller51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:39 PM   #8
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,768
Default

good update
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:07 AM   #9
Tale
Human being with feelings
 
Tale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,354
Default

Thanks for the update, I like banjos!
Tale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:12 AM   #10
wibem
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 58
Default

"Theme: add theme overlay color, blend mode for muted/unsoloed/inactive or locked media items and tracks"

Does that mean that you can now change the color of muted tracks and items? That would be great, because the muted tracks were far to dark IMO.
How is the procedure to lighten the color?
wibem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:31 AM   #11
Luster
Human being with feelings
 
Luster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 636
Default

Sorry for that foolish question but since my switch to Mac it is the first time I visit the theme tweak window. And it is barely readable because of white text on white or light grey ground. I guess the auto switching for dark and light OS themes did something weird. I just looked it up and even in the render window some text is white on bright ground. Is there a way to prevent this hiccup without giving up that function of MacOS?
Luster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:35 AM   #12
MRMJP
Human being with feelings
 
MRMJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,964
Default

For awhile now I've been asking if the item volume bar background can be less white because in a dark them, it really stands out.

In this version, it seems that the item pan is now the same way.

Can they both be dimmed/darkened so they match the rest of the otherwise great dark theme?

__________________
Mac Pro 3.3 GHz Intel 12 Core • 176GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 11.6.5 • RME AES HDSPe
MacBook Pro M1 Max • 64GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 12.3.1 • Grace m900/RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/ - https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:19 AM   #13
USR
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 113
Default

@MRMJP

Those colors are themable by swapping "gen_volbg_horz.png" and "gen_panbg_horz.png" files.
USR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #14
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USR View Post
@MRMJP

Those colors are themable by swapping "gen_volbg_horz.png" and "gen_panbg_horz.png" files.
thanks. one of mine was still white
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:20 AM   #15
MRMJP
Human being with feelings
 
MRMJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USR View Post
@MRMJP

Those colors are themable by swapping "gen_volbg_horz.png" and "gen_panbg_horz.png" files.
Thanks. If you have time, any clues where I can find those files?
__________________
Mac Pro 3.3 GHz Intel 12 Core • 176GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 11.6.5 • RME AES HDSPe
MacBook Pro M1 Max • 64GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 12.3.1 • Grace m900/RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/ - https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #16
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
Thanks. If you have time, any clues where I can find those files?
in the theme images folder

here's my slider background files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2iiaui00p...er_bg.zip?dl=0
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #17
MRMJP
Human being with feelings
 
MRMJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
in the theme images folder

here's my slider background files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2iiaui00p...er_bg.zip?dl=0
Thanks. I am a little slow I guess and don't know where to find that. Am I looking in the /Users/username/Library/Application Support/REAPER/ folder, or somewhere in REAPER itself?
__________________
Mac Pro 3.3 GHz Intel 12 Core • 176GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 11.6.5 • RME AES HDSPe
MacBook Pro M1 Max • 64GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 12.3.1 • Grace m900/RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/ - https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #18
USR
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 113
Default

@MRMJP

There's a folder called "ColorThemes" in there. In that folder you should find the theme that you're using. And then you'll have to unzip the .ReaperThemeZip file to see those image files.
USR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #19
MRMJP
Human being with feelings
 
MRMJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USR View Post
@MRMJP

There's a folder called "ColorThemes" in there. In that folder you should find the theme that you're using. And then you'll have to unzip the .ReaperThemeZip file to see those image files.
Thanks. I found that but when I found a way to unzip it, and delete the files I thought I needed to, the entire theme went missing in REAPER (I could still see it in my folder) so I'm reverting back to a previous config export for now and will have to try this another day when I'm less busy.

It's good to know it's possible though. I see it's already like this in the dark theme but that theme overall is TOO dark for my tastes.
__________________
Mac Pro 3.3 GHz Intel 12 Core • 176GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 11.6.5 • RME AES HDSPe
MacBook Pro M1 Max • 64GB RAM • SSD • MacOS 12.3.1 • Grace m900/RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/ - https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:31 PM   #20
FearinLoathin
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 75
Default WOW

What a jump. This is one hell of an update, guys! Thanks so much! Reaper is THE best.
FearinLoathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:37 PM   #21
jdutaillis
Human being with feelings
 
jdutaillis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
+ Media items: don't display cursor feedback when mouse is over controls of locked items

+ Media items: locked items do not autocrossfade with unlocked items
These two updates have really killed my workflow! Is there a way to turn this off? Or could we please get a toggle option?
__________________
Sound Recordist | Sound Designer |Sound Mixer
REAPER | Prism Sound Orpheus | Genelec 8020a + 7050B
Check out my website HERE
jdutaillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:11 AM   #22
hardplay
Human being with feelings
 
hardplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibem View Post
"Theme: add theme overlay color, blend mode for muted/unsoloed/inactive or locked media items and tracks"

Does that mean that you can now change the color of muted tracks and items? That would be great, because the muted tracks were far to dark IMO.
How is the procedure to lighten the color?
I would also like to know this
__________________
Visita l'indice dei miei Tutorial e anche l'indice dei miei Corti
hardplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:50 AM   #23
SiddieNam
Human being with feelings
 
SiddieNam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK, in and around London.
Posts: 169
Default Just wanted to say thanks...

... for this one: "fix updating database metadata when database is not on the local filesystem".

Much appreciated.

Last edited by SiddieNam; 04-21-2022 at 01:37 AM.
SiddieNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:48 AM   #24
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdutaillis View Post
These two updates have really killed my workflow! Is there a way to turn this off? Or could we please get a toggle option?
Could you give some more information about what you had previously been doing that you can't do now?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:07 AM   #25
laser558
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 265
Default Pasting effects no longer possible

Hello, with this new update, 654, you can no longer paste effects.

For example, I will often delve into an old session that has separate eq, a compressor and a limiter, copy those and paste them into a track of a new session. This no longer works with this update so therefore, I will revert back to the previous version.

The issue is that there is nowhere to paste these effects. It will come up with the effects available panel but not the other panel where you can add and remove, or in my case, paste. I hope someone else can try this and confirm.

As a post production engineer, this is vital for me to have.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:32 AM   #26
poseidal
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 17
Default

Hi, in the new version the text on the UI has changed colour for me to white from black making it hard to read in classic theme in Windows. Is there an option to change it back somewhere? (before and after image attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reapers.jpg (20.1 KB, 52 views)
poseidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:31 AM   #27
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 14,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser558 View Post
Hello, with this new update, 654, you can no longer paste effects.

For example, I will often delve into an old session that has separate eq, a compressor and a limiter, copy those and paste them into a track of a new session. This no longer works with this update so therefore, I will revert back to the previous version.

The issue is that there is nowhere to paste these effects. It will come up with the effects available panel but not the other panel where you can add and remove, or in my case, paste. I hope someone else can try this and confirm.

As a post production engineer, this is vital for me to have.
There’s a new option in preferences/plugins, “hide chain window until FX added”, you can uncheck that to restore the old behavior
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:58 AM   #28
laser558
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 265
Default

Thank you Justin. That's good to know.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:26 AM   #29
Aesaire
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeller51 View Post
Happy to see FX oversampling finally go public. I've been finding a lot of use for it while using nonlinear JS plugins, and also 3rd party plugins where the developer didn't know / didn't care about aliasing. Nice work!


PS: Is there a reason the audio doesn't automatically reset when changing FX oversampling settings? The manual play/stop process is kind of clunky, and not discoverable to new users at all.
Agreed. I thought the oversampling didn't work, was about to post a bug report until I saw your post.

The oversampling function is a godsend, no more unnecessary aliasing, and its done all natively without using a wrapper. My favourite update just for that feature alone.

One useful feature for the oversampling function is an option to trigger only on rendering to save CPU.
Aesaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #30
jgnelson
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 71
Default Update is Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
v6.54 - April 19 2022
  • + Actions: account for reverse volume grouping when running action to adjust track volume [t=264649]
  • + Actions: add actions to move media items to/from hidden child track
  • + ARA: update API to version 2.1, with ARM support
  • + Audio Units: improve resizing behavior of AUv3 plug-ins
  • + Audio Units: fix potential AUv3 crash when plug-in outputs MIDI events on Monterey
  • + Audio Units: call AudioUnitUninitialize() when unloading
  • + Batch converter: update display immediately after removing all files
  • + Batch converter: fix in-place conversion for non-boot macOS volumes [t=264848]
  • + Free item positioning: fix minor time selection display issue [p=2538153]
  • + Free item positioning: glued items inherit FIPM y-positioning
  • + Free item positioning: improve interaction between free item size edits and mouse modifiers (remove hardcoded behaviors of some modifier keys)
  • + Free item positioning: when recording in free item positioning mode, only adjust existing item y-positions if necessary
  • + FX: add per-FX instance and per-FX chain oversampling options (if both chain and instance are set, the higher of the two is used)
  • + FX: change Add-FX window pane configuration (horizontal vs vertical layout) via context menu, don't change configuration on double-clicking the divider
  • + FX: improve value editing and default values for wet/bypass/delta envelopes
  • + FX: when opening FX chain for a track that has no FX, by default show the Add-FX window rather than the empty FX chain window (option in Preferences/Plug-Ins)
  • + Import: add option in Preferences/Media to target the top part of a track to insert new track(s) to receive the media
  • + Import: on drag-import, offer to replace media source only if snapped start position of imported media is within an existing media item [t=184239]
  • + Logical sorting: improve sort order of various characters in Media Explorer and other windows (underscore, hyphen, number, UTF-8, alpha) [t=264382]
  • + Media buffering: update playback more promptly (bypass some media buffering) when changing item takes, mute states
  • + Media explorer: add action to delete file with prompting
  • + Media explorer: fix updating database metadata when database is not on the local filesystem
  • + Media items: replace "show overlapping items in lanes" option with "offset overlapping items vertically"
  • + Media items: add preferences for item vertical overlap percentage and opacity
  • + Media items: add preference for minimum height to display peaks
  • + Media items: change default item mix behavior to "items always mix", existing projects and user default project settings are unaffected
  • + Media items: don't display cursor feedback when mouse is over controls of locked items
  • + Media items: update mouse click prioritization to prefer opaque unselected items over transparent selected items (prevent clicking controls that are behind other items)
  • + Media items: improve interaction between preferences to show/hide free item positioning, show/hide media item labels at certain track heights
  • + Media items: locked items do not autocrossfade with unlocked items
  • + Media items: prevent editing take envelopes when item is locked
  • + Menus/Actions: update menus and actions to refer to "takes" instead of "take lanes", to avoid ambiguity
  • + Metadata: support WAVEEXT channel layout tag "L R C LFE Ls Rs" instead of "L R C LFE Lsd Rsd" [p=2547580]
  • + MIDI editor: fix editing left edge of notes, inserting new CC events, some other behaviors when editing looped item with start offset [t=264881] [p=2545303]
  • + MIDI editor: fix note velocity sweep-editing when moving the mouse quickly [t=264954]
  • + MIDI editor: reload custom .ReaScale function when opening a new project
  • + MIDI editor: restore grid type properly in quantize window when quantizing with swing [t=265280]
  • + MIDI inline editor: improve action window targeting behavior [t=156124]
  • + Projects: support loading multiple projects in recovery mode [t=234059]
  • + Projects: master hardware outputs are saved with project default settings
  • + Razor edits: add click-context mouse modifiers to move areas up or down without contents
  • + Razor edits: improve stretch-editing automation items in ripple-edit mode [p=2545359]
  • + Razor edits: razor edits on free item positioning lanes snap to item tops/bottoms, do not necessarily span the entire track height
  • + Razor edits: add "razor edits affect all track envelopes", separate from "move envelope points with media items"
  • + Razor edits: fix incorrect group selection edge highlight when razor editing
  • + Razor edits: fix behavior when stretching right edge of razor edit with ripple edit enabled and automation items later on the track [p=2543398]
  • + Razor edits: fix flickering display after running action to cut selected area of items [t=265219]
  • + ReaControlMIDI: increase length of sysex dump displayed in log from 1k to 8k bytes
  • + ReaEQ: expose global gain as an automatable parameter
  • + ReaInsert: do not allow processing if FX oversampling is used
  • + ReaScript: add GetSetMediaTrackInfo("I_FREEMODE"), deprecate GetSetMediaTrackInfo("B_FREEMODE")
  • + ReaScript: add GetSetMediaTrackInfo("P_RAZOREDITS_EXT"), to get/set free item positioning bounds
  • + ReaScript: fix GetThingFromPoint handling of hidden envelopes [t=264823]
  • + ReaScript: fix reaper.AddRemoveReaScript() on Windows when script path contains forward slashes [t=264181]
  • + ReaSurroundPan: fix action to set input names from sending tracks when FX pin mapping has been customized [t=264484]
  • + ReaSurroundPan: improve display when configuration changes so that inactive channels/speakers are displayed in the list
  • + ReaSurroundPan: when inserting as take FX, increase FX output pin count to match track channel count if needed [t=265248]
  • + Recording: respect option to always add takes to new recording when looping
  • + Recording: when preference enabled to add recorded media at each loop, defer adding media during mouse editing [p=2543669]
  • + Render: display graph of loudness values of rendered file in HTML statistics view
  • + Render: apply PDC to rendered output when master track FX is set to ignore PDC or hardware-output-PDC
  • + Reverse items: improve behavior of reverse items as new take with audioless video items [t=265238]
  • + Super8: allow up to 500ms of RDC
  • + Tempo envelope: context menu action to insert point respects default point shape (linear or square, curved shapes are not allowed on tempo envelopes)
  • + Tempo envelope: don't snap to beats when editing points if project snap is disabled
  • + Tempo envelope: warn if user enters time signature numerators/denominators out of range [t=265162]
  • + Theme: add theme overlay color, blend mode for muted/unsoloed/inactive or locked media items and tracks
  • + Track manager: display track channel count
  • + Tracks/media items/razor edits: many internal changes to support future media item lane functionality
  • + Video: fix behavior when enabling/disabling audio on all project video sources
  • + Windows: add additional uninstall information to system

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
new update has a flaw, when you try to add a FX the window does not open, only the window with the FX lists opens. you can add an FX then the large window opens, but if I want to copy an FX to the track there is not window
jgnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #31
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgnelson View Post
new update has a flaw, when you try to add a FX the window does not open, only the window with the FX lists opens. you can add an FX then the large window opens, but if I want to copy an FX to the track there is not window
You can revert to the old behavior by un-checking Preferences/Plug-ins "Hide chain window until FX added". Also please note that you can drag FX directly onto the track, the FX chain window does not need to be open.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:15 PM   #32
Juan D'Fall
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 121
Default

Theme: add theme overlay color, blend mode for muted/unsoloed/inactive or locked media items and tracks

Is this anything to with all my colours suddenly lacking contrast? Only since 6.54, everything seems to have gained a faint grey tint, peaks have almost disappeared on muted tracks. I do still need to see the peaks on muted tracks on occasions.
Jim
Juan D'Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:37 PM   #33
strachupl
Human being with feelings
 
strachupl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgnelson View Post
...
Quoting such a long post, especially when it is a main thread post, is not a good thing to do my friend


Great update.
__________________
It's Easier To Fool People Than To Convince Them That They've Been Fooled.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:25 PM   #34
oldmanstan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 27
Default

Anyone else lose a ton of plugin compatibility?

Specifically: 64bit AU's on the Universal app.

All my projects which had a Soundtoys plugin, had a dead plugin upon loading which needed to be deleted-readded.

Whereas some plugins (Battery, specifically) seems to not even load.

Downgrading to 6.52 seemed to fix everything.
oldmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:58 PM   #35
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 14,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstan View Post
Anyone else lose a ton of plugin compatibility?

Specifically: 64bit AU's on the Universal app.

All my projects which had a Soundtoys plugin, had a dead plugin upon loading which needed to be deleted-readded.

Whereas some plugins (Battery, specifically) seems to not even load.

Downgrading to 6.52 seemed to fix everything.
can you post pictures of the about boxes of 6.52 and 6.54 respectively? thanks!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:55 PM   #36
jdutaillis
Human being with feelings
 
jdutaillis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Could you give some more information about what you had previously been doing that you can't do now?
Multiple things. I work in post production so locking items is something I use to avoid bumping things out of sync. However I still interact with the locked items constantly.

Things I used to do:

1. Double click a locked item to have the time select move to the item's bounds.

2. Ctrl + click and drag an item to move a copy of the item around.

3. Drag another item over a locked item and have them automatically crossfade.

4. I have A and Q set to increase and decrease an item's gain by 1dB, respectively. This no longer works.

Essentially I can't do anything with a locked item anymore unless I unlock it.
__________________
Sound Recordist | Sound Designer |Sound Mixer
REAPER | Prism Sound Orpheus | Genelec 8020a + 7050B
Check out my website HERE
jdutaillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #37
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdutaillis View Post
1. Double click a locked item to have the time select move to the item's bounds.

2. Ctrl + click and drag an item to move a copy of the item around.

3. Drag another item over a locked item and have them automatically crossfade.

4. I have A and Q set to increase and decrease an item's gain by 1dB, respectively. This no longer works.
Behaviors 1 and 2 should get restored, I agree. 3 I'm not sure about, that had been reported as a bug previously, and it does seem like "lock (full)" should prevent editing item fades. 4 is a gray area but the reason it's not working in 6.54 is because you can't even select locked items, which is overly restrictive, so I think we will revert that as well.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:35 PM   #38
jdutaillis
Human being with feelings
 
jdutaillis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Behaviors 1 and 2 should get restored, I agree. 3 I'm not sure about, that had been reported as a bug previously, and it does seem like "lock (full)" should prevent editing item fades. 4 is a gray area but the reason it's not working in 6.54 is because you can't even select locked items, which is overly restrictive, so I think we will revert that as well.
That's excellent news for me! If those are reverted, I can live with that.

Thanks for being amazing, team
__________________
Sound Recordist | Sound Designer |Sound Mixer
REAPER | Prism Sound Orpheus | Genelec 8020a + 7050B
Check out my website HERE
jdutaillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #39
oldmanstan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
can you post pictures of the about boxes of 6.52 and 6.54 respectively? thanks!
Link to imgur album, here: https://imgur.com/a/cWECbbQ

First image: 6.52 - loading up the Battery AU.

Second image: 6.54 - loading up the Battery AU.

Third image: 6.54 if I close / open the FX window with the blank Battery AU (opening an existing project with soundtoys, gives that same result).

VSTs seem to work... though my existing projects are half AU.

Please excuse the "evaluation" warning. I'm going to update my license now, out of embarrassment / appreciation.

Thank you Justin !
oldmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:03 PM   #40
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,398
Default

Thanks for posting. Could you possibly post a shot of the title bar from the Help / About window for each version? That's what Justin meant by the "about boxes". That will tell us whether it's running natively or under Rosetta.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.