Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #17601
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Yeah, last night, it seemed like one would work until you used the other, and vice versa.

Both ended unhappily. lol
If you want to use both, it might worth having buttons assigned to GoSelectedTrackSend/Receive/FXMenu, so you can override the FX focus when you want. A button with an indicator for ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping might be a good idea also.

The other problem I see is that if you have the button that you use to call GoFXSlot also make the FX GUI appear, that may also trigger the FocusedFX mapping leading to unexpected results.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #17602
MT4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
If you want to use both, it might worth having buttons assigned to GoSelectedTrackSend/Receive/FXMenu, so you can override the FX focus when you want. A button with an indicator for ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping might be a good idea also.

The other problem I see is that if you have the button that you use to call GoFXSlot also make the FX GUI appear, that may also trigger the FocusedFX mapping leading to unexpected results.
That's happened to me too. I now try to avoid FocusedFXMapping and use a dedicated button for that purpose. That's made my trade simpler.
MT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #17603
Puck

Was able to crash Reaper

I was loading an FX Zone without a "ZoneEnd"

obviously we can't do that but maybe some error handling is needed there.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:39 AM   #17604
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Was able to crash Reaper

I was loading an FX Zone without a "ZoneEnd"

obviously we can't do that but maybe some error handling is needed there.
Yeah, the whole parsing area could use work.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:47 AM   #17605
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, the whole parsing area could use work.
I got a message last night (rather than a crash) for accidently pasting at the top of the home zone, "you need a home zone" or something that effect.

Thought it was pretty cool.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #17606
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I got a message last night (rather than a crash) for accidently pasting at the top of the home zone, "you need a home zone" or something that effect.

Thought it was pretty cool.
Thanks, yes, we are working on it, but there is much yet to do
Old 06-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #17607
Puck

Default VCA Mode

I checked out on this discussion when we had it.

Can we currently or are we expecting to be able to in the future, bank through either VCA leaders and/or VCA followers?

This seems like it could get into the weeds which is probably why we just aren't banking currently
Old 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #17608
MixMonkey

Quote:
I checked out on this discussion when we had it.

Can we currently or are we expecting to be able to in the future, bank through either VCA leaders and/or VCA followers?

This seems like it could get into the weeds which is probably why we just aren't banking currently
Not at the moment, but I imagine it’s pretty close to top of the to do list
Old 06-21-2022, 06:44 PM   #17609
Puck

Quote:
Just a note about a trivial OSC bug that's been around forever. When you want to configure a button to send a fixed value, you would normally do this:
Code:
SomeButton.   FXParam 7   [ 0.5 ]
In OSC you need to do this for it to work:
Code:
SomeButton.   FXParam 7   [ 0.5 0.5 ]
Hey MixMonkey and Geoff

Just came across me not having to have the double definition for it to work for my side. In other words, your first snippet with
Code:
[ 0.5 ]
works just fine here.

Given this and the fact I didn't have the "Runaway Rew/FF" bug, I'm thinking there's something fishy with the OSC stuff in the mac build specifically.

I'm wrapping up my OSC layout since V2 is pretty much ready to go live, otherwise I would try some detective work on my own.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:55 AM   #17610
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

CSI Exp.zip

FocusedFXMapping lockout is history.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:24 AM   #17611
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey MixMonkey and Geoff

Just came across me not having to have the double definition for it to work for my side. In other words, your first snippet with
Code:
[ 0.5 ]
works just fine here.

Given this and the fact I didn't have the "Runaway Rew/FF" bug, I'm thinking there's something fishy with the OSC stuff in the mac build specifically.

I'm wrapping up my OSC layout since V2 is pretty much ready to go live, otherwise I would try some detective work on my own.
Can you post your iPad .tosc file so I can check out your button definitions?
Old 06-22-2022, 05:27 AM   #17612
MixMonkey

Quote:
Could you explain that a bit?
Old 06-22-2022, 06:54 AM   #17613
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Could you explain that a bit?
Before this change, if you had FocusedFX mapping turned on, and you went to an Associated Zone, CSI would temporarily "lockout" FocusedFX mapping.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:28 AM   #17614
MixMonkey

Quote:
Before this change, if you had FocusedFX mapping turned on, and you went to an Associated Zone, CSI would temporarily "lockout" FocusedFX mapping.
Thanks, got it
Old 06-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #17615
Freex

Quote:
New build is up.

CSI Exp.zip

Still getting the same "lockout" as before with the new build, or at least it seems the same

If I open a FX with FXMenu then select a new track beit with mouse or on surface, the FXMenu,Send,Receives on C4 are gone.

Only way to get FXMenu etc to re splay is to "refresh".

If I reselect the already selected track and don't close the FX window and then select a new track FXMenu etc splays properly.
Reselecting with the surface doesn't work only a mouse click.

It feels like it's clearing the FXParams but not returning back to where it should be ie. "home"

UPDATE

I've figured out that the cause "Seems" to be when an FXWindow is closed while still in focus.

If I add a command to my home page to close all windows on track selection we get the blank,
If I re click on the selected track and then change all is good,
If I remove the clear command and select a new track, the FXWindow remains open and in focus.

Last edited by Freex; 06-23-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:28 PM   #17616
Puck

Quote:
Can you post your iPad .tosc file so I can check out your button definitions?
Hey MM, FB, GW, and whoever else would like to try this

I'm getting close to releasing this. I do plan on charging a small fee for the layout. But my plan is to use this to explain all the changes in CSI V2 on The Reaper Blog assuming Jon still wants me to do that. I've been working on this for quite a while and it's changed quite a bit since I've shown it last. If anybody wants to jump in and give me their thoughts it'd be much appreciated.

MixMonkey I know this isn't what you asked for but the layout is included here so have a look at how I've got the buttons laid out.

Last edited by Puck; 06-27-2022 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:04 PM   #17617
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey MM, FB, GW, and whoever else would like to try this

I'm getting close to releasing this. I do plan on charging a small fee for the layout. But my plan is to use this to explain all the changes in CSI V2 on The Reaper Blog assuming Jon still wants me to do that. I've been working on this for quite a while and it's changed quite a bit since I've shown it last. If anybody wants to jump in and give me their thoughts it'd be much appreciated.

MixMonkey I know this isn't what you asked for but the layout is included here so have a look at how I've got the buttons laid out.
Thanks for posting this If you want people to try it out, we're going to need its .ost

I had a look at the .tosc and I'm astonished how different it is in approach to mine It's going to take me a while to understand how any of it works!
Old 06-22-2022, 04:14 PM   #17618
Puck

Quote:
Thanks for posting this If you want people to try it out, we're going to need its .ost

I had a look at the .tosc and I'm astonished how different it is in approach to mine It's going to take me a while to understand how any of it works!
This is Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command! (I swore I charged this thing before I left)

Happy to explain any of it.

Last edited by Puck; 06-27-2022 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:17 PM   #17619
MixMonkey

Quote:
This is Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command! (I swear I charged this thing before I left)

Ta!
Old 06-22-2022, 06:00 PM   #17620
Funkybot

Quote:
Checking it out now. This is really slick and refined. I like the changes! The knob throw feels good. I love that double clicking volume resets it to unity. That's all really cool stuff! It just "feels good" if that makes sense. And that's tough to do on a tablet.

I have a million questions though.

1. Why no SelectedTrackFX Menu? Looks like you could fit a button there. I was thrown off by the TrackFXMenu as a result because I was expected SelectedTrack. Found it!

2. I'm sure you had a reason for making the faders work only when Alt is enabled as a modifier...I'm just curious what it was.

3. I would suggest making this modification and adding SelectedTrackBank in addition to the standard banking actions? Why? This way banking actually selects the next track and isn't just about what displays on the surface. Try it out and see if you prefer it. Note: MixMonkey came up with that idea a few weeks back so credit to him.

Code:
               TrackRight                         TrackBank "1"
               TrackRight                         SelectedTrackBank "1"
               TrackRightUpperLabel               FixedTextDisplay "Track"
               TrackRightLowerLabel               FixedTextDisplay "➡"
               TrackLeft                          TrackBank "-1"
               TrackLeft                          SelectedTrackBank "-1"
4. What does "Exclusive Modifiers" do? Other than make for a grammatically awkward question.

5. Is the idea that the user could pre-populate the macro buttons with actions as needed or would you ship some?

6. What's the empty button in between Cycle (Loop) and Shift?

7. Is there a way to prevent mapping if there is "No Map" in the FXMenu. It would be great if that did nothing.

8. The SelectedTrackFX menu. The button to open it is at the bottom of the strip. The button to close it as at the top of the strip. Recommendation: have the button to close the FX Menu be at the same location and be the same size as the button to open. My finger instinctively wants to press the same button in the same virtual place to toggle the FX Menu.

9. The borders for the RecArm and FXMenu buttons should be brighter to make them stand out as much as the Solo, Mute and Polarity buttons do. On my setup, I can barely see those borders.

10. I'd probably add an OnInitialization GoTrackFXMenu line in the Home.zon too just so that row isn't blank on the GUI on startup.

11. Visually my eyes want the TrackFXMenu display borders to be the same height as the FX Slot buttons. I know they have different functions and therefore don't need to be the same height, but my eyes keep telling me they're too short.

12. How about this? I see you started going there. Could be a different modifier if you're reserving Alt for meters.

EDIT: I think I see why you didn't do this. The TrackFXMenuButton/GoFXSlot button/action goes to the FX mapping page. You'd need to figure out how to turn that off based on the modifier state.

Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackFXMenu"       
            FXMenuLabel|          FXMenuNameDisplay
            Alt+FXMenuLabel|      FXBypassedDisplay
            Alt+FXMenuButton|     ToggleFXBypass
...Sorry for the all the questions!

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-22-2022 at 06:28 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #17621
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Checking it out now. This is really slick and refined. I like the changes! The knob throw feels good. I love that double clicking volume resets it to unity. That's all really cool stuff! It just "feels good" if that makes sense. And that's tough to do on a tablet.

I have a million questions though.
Alright! Let's go! Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
1. Why no SelectedTrackFX Menu? Looks like you could fit a button there. I was thrown off by the TrackFXMenu as a result because I was expected SelectedTrack. Found it!
I see you amended this question but still a good point on the confusion. As you see, I tried to wrap all the non selected track variants of the Associated zones in a box with a heading of "All Tracks" If there is a better way to do negate the confusion I'd love to do it.

Quote:
2. I'm sure you had a reason for making the faders work only when Alt is enabled as a modifier...I'm just curious what it was.
Mainly for debugging purposes. While testing and adjusting anything, there's so much noise in the log with the meters going. Even if there is a negligible amount of noise from a saturation plugin and the project isn't playing, the meters going make it impossible to see what's going on. The other thing is, I worry about bandwidth. Realistically I haven't had a problem with any lag or anything like that, but if I ever did, the meters are sending a ton of info so they would be the first to go.

Quote:
3. I would suggest making this modification and adding SelectedTrackBank in addition to the standard banking actions? Why? This way banking actually selects the next track and isn't just about what displays on the surface. Try it out and see if you prefer it. Note: MixMonkey came up with that idea a few weeks back so credit to him.

Code:
               TrackRight                         TrackBank "1"
               TrackRight                         SelectedTrackBank "1"
               TrackRightUpperLabel               FixedTextDisplay "Track"
               TrackRightLowerLabel               FixedTextDisplay "➡"
               TrackLeft                          TrackBank "-1"
               TrackLeft                          SelectedTrackBank "-1"
Great point! Will do!

Quote:
4. What does "Exclusive Modifiers" do? Other than make for a grammatically awkward question.
I generally only use one modifier at a time. Exclusive modifiers activates some scripting that only allows one modifier on at any given time. So turning on Control (either latching or quick press) will turn off Shift if Shift was on.

Quote:
5. Is the idea that the user could pre-populate the macro buttons with actions as needed or would you ship some?
That was the idea yeah, I've attempted to make the layout customizable, as is the ethos of CSI/Reaper. But I also understand that I've had to take some liberties and make some decisions for the end user to make things as "cool" as they are. For instance it could easily be made to use Pan L and Pan R (it will even reset correctly on double tap if they go with that panning mode)

Quote:
6. What's the empty button in between Cycle (Loop) and Shift?
Right now it just changes the TimeDisplay. It's a place holder for OSCTimeDisplay

Quote:
7. Is there a way to prevent mapping if there is "No Map" in the FXMenu. It would be great if that did nothing.
Yes! Great question. I had to brute force the switching of the pages when I made it because I couldn't figure it out. But I realized a little while ago I can just have the layout switch pages whenever the FXNameLabel changes. I just need to make that change and this will no longer happen. Only when FX is mapped will the layout switch.

Quote:
8. The SelectedTrackFX menu. The button to open it is at the bottom of the strip. The button to close it as at the top of the strip. Recommendation: have the button to close the FX Menu be at the same location and be the same size as the button to open. My finger instinctively wants to press the same button in the same virtual place to toggle the FX Menu.
I had the same thought. Got lazy because making the menus fly in and out was a challenge in and of itself. I'm comfortable with it now so I'll change it up. It'd be better UX-wise for sure.

Quote:
9. The borders for the RecArm and FXMenu buttons should be brighter to make them stand out as much as the Solo, Mute and Polarity buttons do. On my setup, I can barely see those borders.
Nice catch! I suppose they are darker colors and could do with either more alpha layer or a touch brighter color.

Quote:
10. I'd probably add an OnInitialization GoTrackFXMenu line in the Home.zon too just so that row isn't blank on the GUI on startup.
Nice catch again!

Quote:
11. Visually my eyes want the TrackFXMenu display borders to be the same height as the FX Slot buttons. I know they have different functions and therefore don't need to be the same height, but my eyes keep telling me they're too short.
I tend to trust your judgement / eye for detail. However I'm unsure what you mean here.

Quote:
12. How about this? I see you started going there. Could be a different modifier if you're reserving Alt for meters.

EDIT: I think I see why you didn't do this. The TrackFXMenuButton/GoFXSlot button/action goes to the FX mapping page. You'd need to figure out how to turn that off based on the modifier state.

Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackFXMenu"       
            FXMenuLabel|          FXMenuNameDisplay
            Alt+FXMenuLabel|      FXBypassedDisplay
            Alt+FXMenuButton|     ToggleFXBypass
...Sorry for the all the questions!
I think I get what you are saying here. Given my solution above to the changing pages at the right time, we'll be able to bypass fx with a modifier like you suggest here.

And a HUGE thank you for being a tremendous help! From the wiki, to all the CSI suggestions, with this layout and even just me personally. Much appreciated!
Old 06-22-2022, 08:53 PM   #17622
Funkybot

Quote:

I tend to trust your judgement / eye for detail. However I'm unsure what you mean here.
Bring up the TrackFXMenu Display widgets. They're 8 purple-ish rectangles. Now look at the FX Slot Up and FX Slot Down buttons on either side of the TrackFXMenuDisplays. Notice how they're a little taller? Now look back at the FXMenu Display widgets. Don't they look like they should be the same height (y axis)? That's all I was saying there.

Again, really impressive stuff!
Old 06-23-2022, 04:36 AM   #17623
Puck

Quote:
Bring up the TrackFXMenu Display widgets. They're 8 purple-ish rectangles. Now look at the FX Slot Up and FX Slot Down buttons on either side of the TrackFXMenuDisplays. Notice how they're a little taller? Now look back at the FXMenu Display widgets. Don't they look like they should be the same height (y axis)? That's all I was saying there.

Again, really impressive stuff!
Ooohhhhh

Ok I see now

They are placed where are because it’s the middle of the rotaries for the send/receive stuff.

But I can tighten all that up. They should line up. Also the macro buttons are a different size so that could all be more uniform. Great points all around!
Old 06-23-2022, 05:50 AM   #17624
MixMonkey

Quote:
T
I'm having trouble trying to get the SelectedTrackFXMenu to make sense

Firstly, on a track with no FX, shouldn't it be blank? I see a variety of entries: SpecOps, Triad, Zip, NoMap, SuperMassiv, VSC-2.

I put a TDR VOS Slick EQ on a track and that appears in the first menu slot but when I press its entry, I flip to an FX page that says "Slick EQ" at the top, but the display seems to be for some sort of compressor (actually I see the same screen regardless of which FXMenu button I press) I removed all the FX.zon files except TDR VOS Slick EQ, but no difference.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:35 AM   #17625
Puck

Quote:
I'm having trouble trying to get the SelectedTrackFXMenu to make sense

Firstly, on a track with no FX, shouldn't it be blank? I see a variety of entries: SpecOps, Triad, Zip, NoMap, SuperMassiv, VSC-2.

I put a TDR VOS Slick EQ on a track and that appears in the first menu slot but when I press its entry, I flip to an FX page that says "Slick EQ" at the top, but the display seems to be for some sort of compressor (actually I see the same screen regardless of which FXMenu button I press) I removed all the FX.zon files except TDR VOS Slick EQ, but no difference.
If it’s not blank, that means the selectedtrackfxmenu isn’t working at all so there’s a zone problem. Those fx you saw are just what was there when I saved it last.

The behavior you describe after is just because the fx isn’t getting loaded properly. It’s changing pages because any time you hit an fxmenu button I made the layout change to the fx page via TouchOSC local messaging. But if you caught FB’s post and my reply, that behavior will change for the better. The new way will be, if that FXNameDisplay doesn’t change, nothing will happen and it will be less confusing overall. Did you potentially change anything? The alias is super important in Slick EQ and a few other special maps.

But the first problem is the selectedtrackfxmenu isn’t firing correctly.

Edit:

In the selectedtrackfxmenu zone. I have mapped scripts that you don’t have. That’s not the problem you are having but it’s another one I need to address. I need to use the native way of doing that in the release

Edit 2: Do let me know what you find at your earliest convenience. Between you and Funkybot putting this through the wringer, I know I’m going to have a bit of work to do before we go live with V2.

Last edited by Puck; 06-24-2022 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #17626
UNdark

Default reset modifiers

I've been out of this for a few months and a lot to catch up ! Please can we have a "reset modifiers" or "remove modifiers" added to this? We have discussed it before in the thread and it was considered useful.
Many thanks!
Old 06-24-2022, 05:13 AM   #17627
MixMonkey

Should SubZones off the Track Zone work? They don't seem to.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:21 AM   #17628
UNdark

Default V2

also ... should version 2 work with high sierra? I've not been able to get reaper to see CSI - gone back to V1. Or is there a link to the MCU version of V2.. I think the link i've got (latest) only has the zones for the X touch?
Old 06-24-2022, 05:26 AM   #17629
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Please can we have a "reset modifiers" or "remove modifiers" added to this?
Definitely a good idea, particularly if your modifier buttons don't have indicators.

Quote:
also ... should version 2 work with high sierra?
Catalina and later, I believe.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:33 AM   #17630
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Should SubZones off the Track Zone work? They don't seem to.
Yes, they should work, maybe post your .zon file contents, although, I'm fairly sure they are fine
Old 06-24-2022, 05:34 AM   #17631
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
also ... should version 2 work with high sierra?
As MixMonkey said, Catalina or later is required for version 2.0.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:42 AM   #17632
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yes, they should work, maybe post your .zon file contents, although, I'm fairly sure they are fine
Code:
Zone "Track"
    SubZones
     "PanWidth"
    SubZonesEnd
        ButtonA24               GoSubZone PanWidth
        DisplayA24              FixedTextDisplay "WIDTH"
        DisplayC|               TrackPanDisplay
/       Alt+DisplayC|           TrackPanWidthDisplay
        DisplayD|               NoAction
        DisplayE|               TrackAutoModeDisplay
        DisplayF|               TrackVolumeDisplay
        DisplayG|               TrackNameDisplay
        Rotary|                 TrackPan
/       Alt+Rotary|             TrackPanWidth
        ButtonD|                TrackRecordArm
        ButtonE|                TrackSolo
        ButtonF|                TrackMute
        ButtonG|                TrackUniqueSelect
        Hold+ButtonG|           TrackToggleVCASpill 
        Shift+ButtonG|          TrackRangeSelect
        Control+ButtonG|        TrackSelect
        Fader|                  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
    ButtonA24      LeaveSubZone
    DisplayA24     FixedTextDisplay "PAN"
    DisplayC|      TrackPanWidthDisplay
    Rotary|        TrackPanWidth
ZoneEnd
I wasn't sure whether Zone "PanWidth" needed to be named as a associated Zone in the Home Zone?
Old 06-24-2022, 07:11 AM   #17633
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Code:
Zone "Track"
    SubZones
     "PanWidth"
    SubZonesEnd
        ButtonA24               GoSubZone PanWidth
        DisplayA24              FixedTextDisplay "WIDTH"
        DisplayC|               TrackPanDisplay
/       Alt+DisplayC|           TrackPanWidthDisplay
        DisplayD|               NoAction
        DisplayE|               TrackAutoModeDisplay
        DisplayF|               TrackVolumeDisplay
        DisplayG|               TrackNameDisplay
        Rotary|                 TrackPan
/       Alt+Rotary|             TrackPanWidth
        ButtonD|                TrackRecordArm
        ButtonE|                TrackSolo
        ButtonF|                TrackMute
        ButtonG|                TrackUniqueSelect
        Hold+ButtonG|           TrackToggleVCASpill 
        Shift+ButtonG|          TrackRangeSelect
        Control+ButtonG|        TrackSelect
        Fader|                  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
    ButtonA24      LeaveSubZone
    DisplayA24     FixedTextDisplay "PAN"
    DisplayC|      TrackPanWidthDisplay
    Rotary|        TrackPanWidth
ZoneEnd
I wasn't sure whether Zone "PanWidth" needed to be named as a associated Zone in the Home Zone?
No, "PanWidth" is not an Associated Zone name.

I believe the issue lies in the | use in SubZones.

SubZones inherit their Navigator from the enclosing Zone.

That means the | construct will not work from Zones like Track which "expand".

Try eliminating the | construct just for a test and let's see if that is right.

If so, it effectively means SubZones are for FX Zones only, not "expanded" Zones.

As per your commented lines in the Track Zone, you can use modifiers in those cases.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:40 AM   #17634
MixMonkey

Quote:
No, "PanWidth" is not an Associated Zone name.

I believe the issue lies in the | use in SubZones.

SubZones inherit their Navigator from the enclosing Zone.

That means the | construct will not work from Zones like Track which "expand".

Try eliminating the | construct just for a test and let's see if that is right.

If so, it effectively means SubZones are for FX Zones only, not "expanded" Zones.

As per your commented lines in the Track Zone, you can use modifiers in those cases.
I don't even seem to be able to get this to work:
Code:
Zone "Buttons"
    SubZones
    	"PanWidth"
    SubZonesEnd

ButtonA40     GoSubZone "PanWidth"	
    DisplayA40    FixedTextDisplay "WIDTH"
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
    ButtonA40      LeaveSubZone
    DisplayA40     FixedTextDisplay "PAN"
ZoneEnd
Old 06-24-2022, 08:40 AM   #17635
Freex

So the whole blank C4 after closing an infocus FX window,
Which ever way I close it "OnTrackSelection" or by mouse click,
If the FX is in Focus C4 goes blank, rather than splay the FXMenu etc.
If I open an FX (with mouse because I dont have the FXMenu) it comes into focus.

So all i need is a way to get CSI to revert back to the "homezone" and it's associated zones. ie. FXMenu Send Receive.

I tried
Code:
"OnTrackSelection LeaveZone"
but that didn't work and honestly logically seemed like the wrong thing anyway.

Should
Code:
OnTrackSelection GoZone "Home"
work

Or is this a bug, or is there something else I'm missing?
Old 06-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #17636
Funkybot

Quote:
So the whole blank C4 after closing an infocus FX window,
Which ever way I close it "OnTrackSelection" or by mouse click,
If the FX is in Focus C4 goes blank, rather than splay the FXMenu etc.
If I open an FX (with mouse because I dont have the FXMenu) it comes into focus.

So all i need is a way to get CSI to revert back to the "homezone" and it's associated zones. ie. FXMenu Send Receive.

I tried
Code:
"OnTrackSelection LeaveZone"
but that didn't work and honestly logically seemed like the wrong thing anyway.

Should
Code:
OnTrackSelection GoZone "Home"
work

Or is this a bug, or is there something else I'm missing?
I would expect OnTrackSelection GoHome to work.

From a workflow perspective, does it work if you use a button on the surface to close it? Example:

Code:
    GlobalView                  GoHome
    GlobalView                  Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3        	// Close all floating FX windows
    GlobalView                  Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4        	// Close all FX chain windows
...if you dedicated a button on the C4 for that, would that get you the workflow you're looking for?
I would expect yes.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #17637
Freex

Quote:
I would expect OnTrackSelection GoHome to work.

From a workflow perspective, does it work if you use a button on the surface to close it? Example:

Code:
    GlobalView                  GoHome
    GlobalView                  Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3        	// Close all floating FX windows
    GlobalView                  Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4        	// Close all FX chain windows
...if you dedicated a button on the C4 for that, would that get you the workflow you're looking for?
I would expect yes.

Im not in the studio today, but I had "OnTrackSelection Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3" as the first line in C4 home, and it was closing the fxWindows automatically upon track selection.

To me it seems like a paradox to have a command IN the homeZone that say "OnTrackSelection GoHome".

Global View on the MCU doesn't reset it either, the faders all give a we nudge and feels like something happened, but the C4 doesn't revert back to showing the FXMenu etc.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:20 AM   #17638
Funkybot

Quote:
To me it seems like a paradox to have a command IN the homeZone that say "OnTrackSelection GoHome".
Why does that seem paradoxical? The elements that are included zones in the Home.zon are not always active at all times. The OnTrackSelection command just says "re-establish the zones active in the home zone when I select a track". There's no paradox there.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #17639
Freex

Quote:
Why does that seem paradoxical? The elements that are included zones in the Home.zon are not always active at all times. The OnTrackSelection command just says "re-establish the zones active in the home zone when I select a track". There's no paradox there.
Maybe because it's in the home zone,

And I get the feeling it's getting stuck somewhere in limbo,

So IF it's not getting back to the home zone, in the first place, will it "see" the command?

I'll try it, heck I've tried worse lol.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #17640
Funkybot

Quote:
Maybe because it's in the home zone,

And I get the feeling it's getting stuck somewhere in limbo,

So IF it's not getting back to the home zone, in the first place, will it "see" the command?

I'll try it, heck I've tried worse lol.
I've definitely used OnTrackSelection GoHome successfully in the past. I don't think I've specifically tried it on CSI v2.0, but I think it would still work. Give it a shot!