anyone know how to fix this error:

theme image tcp_namebg not found
User41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:31 PM   #322
Trogdor
Human being with feelings

This is pretty badass stuff. way to go White Tie. Maybe what is to come as default in version 7 maybe
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:48 AM   #323
permeke

should this work with the latest 6.67 release ?
i'm asking because I see less element choices than the previous version of assembler.

yes , I trashed old script file and folder and put the new ones in

Last edited by permeke; 09-18-2022 at 09:38 AM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:02 AM   #324
permeke

also this on 6.56.

weird , previous versions worked perfect
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (120.6 KB, 161 views)
Old 09-20-2022, 05:21 AM   #325
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Version 0920 now in post #1

This version has some defences added, but I'm not sure its going to help at all because what people seem to be having are installation issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
I got exactly the same issue !
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmL View Post
couple bugs on the fresh update still.

transport text-"/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/theme_assembler.lua:1677: bad argument #4 to 'GetUserInputs' (string expected, got nil)"

track name- "Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/theme_assembler.lua:1360: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field '?')

on macos monterey m1
Quote:
Originally Posted by User41 View Post
anyone know how to fix this error:

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
also this on 6.56.

weird , previous versions worked perfect
These are all installation problems. I don't know how to proceed, all I can ask is if you could please do this:
  1. Delete the old script and its resource folder before extracting the new version in. Delete first, do not overwrite an exiting one.
  2. Restart Reaper.
  3. Run the script and immediately use the ERASE THEME button at the top right.
  4. If you have problems, go to your theme folder using Options > Show Resource folder (do this even if you think you already know where that folder is) and check that you have the folder 'Assembled_Theme_Resources' and inside it are all the images and the rtconfig.txt file.

It would be great if you could give me as much information as you can about your theme folder, scripts folder, OS and and exactly what you are seeing, with screenshots if possible. I'm not going to be able to build a proper installer for this; I'm not a real programmer.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #326
pekki

White Tie, I did the overwrite method for the first update - had the issue. Did the update today, as you said, by deleting old files first, and everything works fine.

Thanks again : )
pekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:40 AM   #327
fmL

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
[*]Run the script and immediately use the ERASE THEME button at the top right.
thanks for the update. so, we have to erase the theme we've already made and start over or can we back it up beforehand, then execute ERASE THEME upon reinstall, and put back our backed up custom theme?
Old 09-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #328
fladd

Very cool script.

However, some elements are not properly affected and will hence not fit with the modifications made in the script (either wrong colour, or fonts not readable). See screenshot below.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:42 AM   #329
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
thanks for the update. so, we have to erase the theme we've already made and start over or can we back it up beforehand, then execute ERASE THEME upon reinstall, and put back our backed up custom theme?
No you shouldn't have to do any of this, work in progress themes should just carry over. They do here. But if you're having errors because your installation has gone wrong somehow, my best advice for fixing things is first to nuke the site from orbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
However, some elements are not properly affected and will hence not fit with the modifications made in the script (either wrong colour, or fonts not readable). See screenshot below.
Thanks for making a screenshot, really helps. The colour of the toolbar text is changed using the theme tweak/configuration window (from the actions menu). The persistent colour bar under the track number area is intentional, what is it you wanted to do there?
Old 09-21-2022, 05:02 AM   #330
User41

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling. I still get this error and the graphics don't look right either.

I'm on windows 11.
Attached Images
File Type: png rsizeScreenshot 2022-09-21 070039.png (69.5 KB, 134 views)
Old 09-21-2022, 07:06 AM   #331
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Click the ERASE THEME button (top right)
Old 09-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #332
fmL

Quote:
But if you're having errors because your installation has gone wrong somehow, my best advice for fixing things is first to nuke the site from orbit.
sorry but i dont understand "nuke the site from orbit".

i would have to guess that people are hesitant to ERASE THEME because, well, they dont want to erase their custom theme. that was my thinking anyways.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:08 AM   #333
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

This script is in development. The themes it makes are fully functional, and I've been working on the ability to save off a snapshot of the theme, but as I add functionality I need to change things and that's going to break things. There's no other way.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #334
fmL

Quote:
This script is in development. The themes it makes are fully functional, and I've been working on the ability to save off a snapshot of the theme, but as I add functionality I need to change things and that's going to break things. There's no other way.
gotcha
Old 09-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #335
fladd

Quote:
The persistent colour bar under the track number area is intentional, what is it you wanted to do there?
Well, the Theme Assebler script allows me to pick default colours for selected/nonselected TCP/MCP. Here I can choose several levels of grey, as well as "panel", all of which deviate from the default greenish colour. I would like the track number area to follow those changes (i.e. with a tinted or lightened version of those chosen greys, instead of staying greenish and not matching anymore).
Old 09-21-2022, 05:01 PM   #336
User41

white tie, thank you again for this tool. Erase theme solved some of my issues but I still get reaconsole error messages. Not a big deal because I can just ignore them and create a custom theme.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:44 AM   #337
Judders

Quote:
Well, the Theme Assebler script allows me to pick default colours for selected/nonselected TCP/MCP. Here I can choose several levels of grey, as well as "panel", all of which deviate from the default greenish colour. I would like the track number area to follow those changes (i.e. with a tinted or lightened version of those chosen greys, instead of staying greenish and not matching anymore).
I believe if you colour all your tracks to the shade of grey you want it might solve the issue for you.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:45 AM   #338
fmL

how is this slight gradient/shadowing (tcp) plus 2 tone effect (mcp) done here? i cant seem to figure it out. any pointers would be appreciated.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #339
fladd

Quote:
Or in other words: How do I make it behave like the original REAPER 6 theme?
Old 09-22-2022, 03:58 PM   #340
permeke

Quote:
Version 0920 now in post #1

This version has some defences added, but I'm not sure its going to help at all because what people seem to be having are installation issues.

These are all installation problems. I don't know how to proceed, all I can ask is if you could please do this:
  1. Delete the old script and its resource folder before extracting the new version in. Delete first, do not overwrite an exiting one.
  2. Restart Reaper.
  3. Run the script and immediately use the ERASE THEME button at the top right.
  4. If you have problems, go to your theme folder using Options > Show Resource folder (do this even if you think you already know where that folder is) and check that you have the folder 'Assembled_Theme_Resources' and inside it are all the images and the rtconfig.txt file.

It would be great if you could give me as much information as you can about your theme folder, scripts folder, OS and and exactly what you are seeing, with screenshots if possible. I'm not going to be able to build a proper installer for this; I'm not a real programmer.

OK I will report back but i'm in the middle of a computer swap. Maybe I will start with a complete fresh install of Reaper altogether.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:35 PM   #341
Judders

If I have an assembler theme I like, how do I pack it so the next update for the assembler won't replace it?
Old 09-23-2022, 03:11 AM   #342
norbury brook

Quote:
how is this slight gradient/shadowing (tcp) plus 2 tone effect (mcp) done here? i cant seem to figure it out. any pointers would be appreciated.

I'd like to know too it looks lovely.

Is this an OSX thing?

M

p.s. can you start the theme assembler from ANY reaper theme? I've always thought it had to come from the default but this thought just popped into my mind
Old 09-23-2022, 03:31 AM   #343
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post

p.s. can you start the theme assembler from ANY reaper theme? I've always thought it had to come from the default but this thought just popped into my mind
If you read the first post, you wouldn't ask this.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:55 AM   #344
fmL

Quote:

Is this an OSX thing?
nope. im on osx. i tried to pm fladd but never heard back from him so i posted here. maybe White Tie can enlighten us.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:01 AM   #345
permeke

Quote:

Is this an OSX thing?

M

well, I have the same exact issue amongst others. previous versions showed that option how to change. latest versions is missing a few of them.
I'm on OSX as well.
Too bad I can't show a the theme adjuster window picture right now.
Maybe another osx user can post to show the missing elements.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:11 PM   #346
aRMARa

Default Great Efforts

Great tool! I cannot wait for the future updates.
aRMARa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:02 AM   #347
norbury brook

Quote:
well, I have the same exact issue amongst others. previous versions showed that option how to change. latest versions is missing a few of them.
I'm on OSX as well.
Too bad I can't show a the theme adjuster window picture right now.
Maybe another osx user can post to show the missing elements.
actually , you have to choose 'panels' in the editor instead of the various tint strengths

M
Old 09-26-2022, 12:31 PM   #348
fmL

Quote:
actually , you have to choose 'panels' in the editor instead of the various tint strengths
there we go. unfortunately, selecting the panel option disables dark mode on the routing matrix and fx gui for me. i guess in life there are always sacrifices.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:19 PM   #349
Reflected

WOW! Subscribed.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:36 AM   #350
norbury brook

Quote:
there we go. unfortunately, selecting the panel option disables dark mode on the routing matrix and fx gui for me. i guess in life there are always sacrifices.
ah, you must be on OSX then as the dark mode doesn't work with windows

M
Old 09-28-2022, 05:42 AM   #351
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

See the first post for...

Update 0928

Export Theme
This button will save a out a new theme, under a name of your choosing, that is a snapshot of the current state of your assembled theme, so you can carry on and spoil everything without fear!

Installation Fixes
Hopefully I have solved some/many/all of the installation problems that were causing trouble for those of you getting missing files warnings and the like. Hopefully...

If you have an older version of the script, delete it and its resource folder before extracting the new version in. Delete first, do not overwrite an exiting one.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:51 AM   #352
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
If I have an assembler theme I like, how do I pack it so the next update for the assembler won't replace it?
You could have done that manually, but the new version's EXPORT THEME will now do it all for you

Quote:
Or in other words: How do I make it behave like the original REAPER 6 theme?
Choose the 100 setting for the tint strength when you click by the track number.

Quote:
latest versions is missing a few of them.
Nothing has been removed, but lots has been added. Its all just arranged more neatly.

Quote:
That won't be what's happening. The only thing that can change your dark mode is the Theme Colors & Fonts file (the t-shirt icon).
Old 09-28-2022, 06:15 AM   #353
Judders

Amazing, thanks!
Old 10-05-2022, 03:14 AM   #354
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

See the first post for...

Update 1005

Tooltips
Hovering any element that can be changed will now spawn a descriptive tooltip; particularly handy for elements that don't have a mouseover state. I've had to do the tooltip delay within the script, so it doesn't follow Reaper's delay time preference. Let me know if it feels wrong.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #355
CompanyKeeper

This is absolutely amazing, except for now I can't use it because I haven't been able to get narrow or strip faders to work with this. Any chance that support for it gets added?
CompanyKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:48 AM   #356
Judders

At some point in the future, different faders for different track layouts would make this absolutely perfect for me.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:19 AM   #357
luiza177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
At some point in the future, different faders for different track layouts would make this absolutely perfect for me.
+1, agreed!

Looking forward to seeing other elements being editable too.
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:56 AM   #358
alphoc

Cool theme. It would be much better if the fx's were on the right in tcp.
alphoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:03 PM   #359
fmL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
Cool theme.
not a theme.😎

Quote:
It would be much better if the fx's were on the right in tcp.
there are instructions on how to do that in the forum if thats your preference.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:23 AM   #360
brendaningram

Thanks so very much to White Tie for all your work on REAPER.

As requested, here is what I am currently using, thanks to the Theme Assembler. I love the stability of the Default 6 theme, I just wanted it a little darker, so I used Theme Assembler to swap out image resources for darker ones.

Anyone can download it from Stash: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2865/B...ReaperThemezip

Last edited by brendaningram; 10-14-2022 at 05:51 AM.
brendaningram is offline   Reply With Quote