Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 08-06-2023, 12:03 PM   #81
Vagelis
Human being with feelings

I think in this case it should remove the comp areas and set the color to unsynced sources.

Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 12:05 PM   #82
Vagelis

Maybe related to my report earlier in the day but another small thingy, if the item edge is not on the grid it could break the comp in this edge case.

Old 08-06-2023, 12:46 PM   #83
_Stevie_

@devs, since we are at the final stage of the v7 theme, would you consider a colored indicator for the TCP and MCP if a plugin UI is currently open? A simple colored overlay for the plugin button would be wonderful.
Old 08-06-2023, 12:57 PM   #84
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Hmm, I'm not seeing how this could have happened. The preference for automatic fadein/fadeout for imported items has always been enabled by default (although we might change the default).

If you previously had it disabled, it should remain disabled when running 7.0pre. Unless you did a portable install of 7.0pre? In which case the preference would go back the default, but that's not 7.0 specific, any portable install would go back to the defualt.
The same happened to me. No portable install. Drum samples sounded funny.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 01:22 PM   #85
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
The same happened to me. No portable install. Drum samples sounded funny.
How are you inserting the media? Drag/drop, file menu, media explorer double-click, ...?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 01:25 PM   #86
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
this is the reason why vertical zooming should be centered (these are new defaults 250%). Waveform goes off the screen
What is preferences/editing behavior/vertical zoom center set to? If it's not set to "track under mouse", try that?
Old 08-06-2023, 01:39 PM   #87
Vagelis

Some request regarding the media explorer, can we have another action in the right click menu to insert the audio files in a fixed lanes track?
Old 08-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #88
Sexan

Quote:
What is preferences/editing behavior/vertical zoom center set to? If it's not set to "track under mouse", try that?
Its not "track under mouse" thats the point. Its "last selected track" (which I have for years). If "track under mouse" will be mandatory to use with lanes then it should be set as default from start. No point of having any other when working with lanes since they are not usable and you will have to switch to it anyway.

Wanted to point out that new default 250% etc with non "track under mouse" settings is not friendly for editing since waveform goes out of the screen
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 01:55 PM   #89
fakemaxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
There's a time and a place for theming feature requests, particularly these really fundamental ones that stretch back years. But given that we've only just got a rare major WALTER update, the custom elements, that we're supposed to be testing, that time is not now and that place is not here.
Right, understood. I brought it up here because from the perspective of a new user, being able to control everything with the theme adjuster EXCEPT the arrange window feels like a bug or an oversight. But will leave that for later if it's not considered part of these features.
fakemaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 02:00 PM   #90
chmaha

Thanks v. much...meter peak text values are back
Old 08-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #91
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by souk21 View Post
It would be great to be able to either disable "special" scrolling over TCP or at least configure it. On my setup, mousehweel over arrange and over TCP are reversed and I constantly get bitten by that.
Reversed how? Meaning what did you do to reverse it?
Old 08-06-2023, 02:38 PM   #92
Phazma

Quote:
How are you inserting the media? Drag/drop, file menu, media explorer double-click, ...?
It was drag and drop, I think. I have solved the problem btw. I just needed to uncheck all the fade-in/fade-out boxes in preferences > item fade defaults and all was good. No clue why the boxes were checked after the update.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 03:16 PM   #93
IrishRover79

hi, I like the the new gain reduction metering but wouldn't it make more sense for the trace to start further down the fader? It may be a personal preference but I think it would make a lot more sense if the yellow stip started at unity and went down depending on how much GR is going on.

I'm also noticing some strange behaviour with Fabflter Pro-G where the gate (sidechained to a kick reference) is opening to let the kick through, but the meter is just showing a yellow strip all the way down the whole time. It as if the GR trace is not reacting fast enough.
IrishRover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 03:26 PM   #94
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRover79 View Post
hi, I like the the new gain reduction metering but wouldn't it make more sense for the trace to start further down the fader? It may be a personal preference but I think it would make a lot more sense if the yellow stip started at unity and went down depending on how much GR is going on.
Following the vu meter scale (which I think is -62 dB to +6 dB by default) would mean that in most real world cases the GR meter would barely show up at all. So the GR meter maximum is separately configurable.
Old 08-06-2023, 03:30 PM   #95
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRover79 View Post
I'm also noticing some strange behaviour with Fabflter Pro-G where the gate (sidechained to a kick reference) is opening to let the kick through, but the meter is just showing a yellow strip all the way down the whole time. It as if the GR trace is not reacting fast enough.
The GR display uses a decay half-life of 75ms, just like the loudness meters. If the gate is applying infinite GR then it would take a while for it to decay We can probably improve this behavior on our side.

[edit]
I now see that the extension documentation says "the value is used AS IS for UI display purposes, without imposing additional ballistics" so that's how we will display it.

Last edited by schwa; 08-07-2023 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2023, 04:16 PM   #96
ddsequera

Make the glue MIDI items function to work without errors please.
ddsequera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:24 PM   #97
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyrock View Post
v7.0pre3 - August 5 2023
  • # Theme fixes

Last edited by strachupl; 08-07-2023 at 02:12 AM.
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:34 AM   #98
Gass n Klang

when running "Envelope: Toggle show all active envelopes for all tracks" (or for selected tracks) the vertical scroll does nonsense. Has this behaviour changed?
Old 08-07-2023, 03:46 AM   #99
souk21

Quote:
Reversed how? Meaning what did you do to reverse it?
Sorry for my english.
What I meant is when mousewheel is assigned to "View: Scroll vertically (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)", scrolling goes in opposite directions depending on if you hover tcp or arrange.

e.g. "mousewheel up" goes up when hovering arrange and "mouswheel up" goes down when hovering tcp
souk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:23 AM   #100
schwa
Administrator

You are not using the action "scroll vertically reversed"? Is "reverse vertical scroll" checked in preferences/general/keyboard? Trying to understand where in the process the message is being reversed.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:54 AM   #101
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Here are the incompatibilities:
https://www.lua.org/manual/5.4/manual.html#8
Thanks, very helpful!

Personally, I'm concerned about the altered handling of automatic number and string conversion.
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 02:07 AM   #102
souk21

Quote:
You are not using the action "scroll vertically reversed"? Is "reverse vertical scroll" checked in preferences/general/keyboard? Trying to understand where in the process the message is being reversed.
So the whole setup is:
Trackpad set to "natural scrolling" is macos preferences.
Mouswheel is assigned to "View: Scroll vertically (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)" in the action list.
In REAPER's preferences "Reverse vertical scroll" is checked.

FWIW I just noticed that if I uncheck "Reverse vertical scroll" the scrolling direction is consistent between tcp and arrange.
Then "mouswheel up" means "scroll down" and I couldn't get it to be "scroll up" in both contexts.

Thanks, let me know if I forgot something
souk21 is offline   Reply With Quote