Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-03-2023, 10:16 PM   #41
dom64
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multibomber View Post
And where did you host it?
Try this website. It's really easy and works good.
https://postimage.org/
dom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:28 AM   #42
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChristopher View Post
With some changes to the "rtconfig.txt" file, I managed to return the Pan and Meter values for layouts A and B...
I suppose that the upcoming Theme Adjuster v7 will offer that configuration.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 11:05 AM   #43
Lorenzo137

Default AMEN! Give us meters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChristopher View Post
Hello friends! I was upset with the fact that the pan and meter values were removed in the default layout of Reaper 7. I use these values a lot during mixing...
With some changes to the "rtconfig.txt" file, I managed to return the Pan and Meter values for layouts A and B.

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....3&d=1699031074

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....2&d=1699031020

It would be excellent if there was the possibility of having a button or a script that did this automatically, that way it would work for all users and would not need to be changed with each new update...
The first thing I do for a new project is to set analog input levels. The how-to video for this is "Proper Recording Levels." It is a very recent video (we can tell by Kenny's eyeglasses...) but he is using V6. Imagine me starting my newest project using V7.02, only to discover that the track level meters AREN'T THERE. I appreciate KChristopher posting a way to get them, but to be honest it will take a LOT OF TIME for me to figure out how to dive into the guts and input these settings. My simple ask is to bring back the meters. That would solve my problem, and more globally, the Proper Recording Levels video would be applicable to V7
Lorenzo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:53 PM   #44
LugNut

Hi,
Why not use the v6 theme w 7?
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:14 AM   #45
Hermetech Mastering

Yeah that's what I did, went from 6 to 7 without even looking at the 7 theme.

Question: I've made some theme tweaks to 6 from stock over the years, how do I save my 6 theme so I can try 7 and go back to exactly how it was before?
Hermetech Mastering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:50 AM   #46
GrizzlyAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post

Question: I've made some theme tweaks to 6 from stock over the years, how do I save my 6 theme so I can try 7 and go back to exactly how it was before?
If you upgraded, your theme should be the one V7 uses when you launch it. There will be a new V7 theme in your Options > Themes list that you can switch to. You can return to the one you've been using at any time. Nothing gets deleted with an upgrade. You can always export your theme/configuration at the top of the Options > Preferences > General dialog too.
GrizzlyAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:59 AM   #47
GrizzlyAK

Default I'm glad we have Reaper

I just want to say that I'm thankful for this community and for Cockos, and Reaper.

Cubase 13 just dropped today and it is an unmitigated disaster. The Steinberg forum has completely blown up. My Reaper V7 is working great and I'm loving my new modded Commala theme. Meanwhile my new $99 Cubase 13 upgrade wouldn't even load my current Cubase 12 project. It'll be my last Steinberg purchase. I should have waited to read the forum, but the hype overcame me. I'm done TRYING to like Cubase. It only seems to get worse with time. But Reaper only keeps getting better. A GIANT kudos to everyone here who makes Reaper possible.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:16 AM   #48
Hermetech Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAK View Post
If you upgraded, your theme should be the one V7 uses when you launch it. There will be a new V7 theme in your Options > Themes list that you can switch to. You can return to the one you've been using at any time. Nothing gets deleted with an upgrade. You can always export your theme/configuration at the top of the Options > Preferences > General dialog too.
Thanks for this. Yeah my theme is exactly the same as before, a tweaked 6. Was just scared trying out the 7 theme and then going back to 6 would undo the many little customisations I've made over the last few years. I'll try the backup suggestion then have a go!
Old 11-05-2023, 12:14 PM   #49
EpicSounds

Quote:

open theme tweaker, use save button.
Old 11-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #50
GrizzlyAK

Good catch. Forgot about that. That's important to save any tweaks you've made using the Theme Tweaker to ensure Reaper makes those persistent between theme changes.
Old 11-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #51
Ears

I think this is misworded, unless I'm slow.

Last edited by Ears; 11-05-2023 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I'm just slow.
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:55 PM   #52
Multibomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAK View Post
I just want to say that I'm thankful for this community and for Cockos, and Reaper.

Cubase 13 just dropped today and it is an unmitigated disaster. The Steinberg forum has completely blown up. My Reaper V7 is working great and I'm loving my new modded Commala theme. Meanwhile my new $99 Cubase 13 upgrade wouldn't even load my current Cubase 12 project. It'll be my last Steinberg purchase. I should have waited to read the forum, but the hype overcame me. I'm done TRYING to like Cubase. It only seems to get worse with time. But Reaper only keeps getting better. A GIANT kudos to everyone here who makes Reaper possible.
Dude dont even get me started with Cubase ahhaahha! It does so many things well, but they really just refuse to fix a couple things that are so irritating. Check out my post herem and understand that I've been complaining about this for 3 years, and my friend says that this bug has been there since Cubase 4!!!!!

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/slip-...h-takes/875062

In contrast... I had a problem with Reaper 7 doing weird things when moving splits... and it was fixed in 4 days!!!
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 12:22 AM   #53
Hermetech Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
open theme tweaker, use save button.
Where is the save button in the Theme Adjuster? The button that looks like a Save button just puts the Theme Adjuster into docked mode. The Help also tells me I don't need to save it, as it's saved automatically?
Old 11-06-2023, 12:25 AM   #54
Pink Wool

Quote:
Where is the save button in the Theme Adjuster? The button that looks like a Save button just puts the Theme Adjuster into docked mode. The Help also tells me I don't need to save it, as it's saved automatically?
Yes, both adjusters (6 and 7 pre-release one) save automatically.
Old 11-06-2023, 12:54 AM   #55
Daodan

Quote:
It's saved automatically in Theme Adjuster. But if you changed something with Theme Tweaker (action Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window) then you need to click Save Theme button in it.
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 04:55 AM   #56
Hermetech Mastering

OK I finally got it and saved the Theme, thanks to everyone!
Old 11-06-2023, 05:43 AM   #57
JoNaash

Is FX parameter modulation of a plugin inside of a container currently not possible from outside of the container? I've tried mapping parameters to a container parameter, but that doesn't seem to work. But the weird thing is, The output line in the modulation window is moving, but the FX parameter itself is not.
Just wondering if it's a bug, or if it's something that will be added later or if I'm just doing something wrong?
JoNaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:37 AM   #58
mschnell

What is a container parameter ?
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:42 AM   #59
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNaash View Post
Is FX parameter modulation of a plugin inside of a container currently not possible from outside of the container? I've tried mapping parameters to a container parameter, but that doesn't seem to work. But the weird thing is, The output line in the modulation window is moving, but the FX parameter itself is not.
Just wondering if it's a bug, or if it's something that will be added later or if I'm just doing something wrong?

It should work, but I've just found a few instances where it fails, which is probably what you're seeing -- fixing those!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 12:13 PM   #60
Lorenzo137

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Why not use the v6 theme w 7?
This is, in fact, what I did to set my levels. After they were set, I changed the theme back to 7 because I like to upgrade to new versions of anything I use.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:27 AM   #61
Lorenzo137

Default You have track level meters!

Per my previous post, my V7.02 with default theme has no markers in the track level meters, and more importantly, no capture of the peak level (for setting levels). Your screen capture shows these features. Are you using the V6 theme, or have you found a simpler way to get the features than @KChristopher's file editing??
Old 11-07-2023, 10:34 AM   #62
MonkeyBars

I'm also unsuccessfully trying to get peak numbers on the TCP meters in the v7 theme.
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:14 AM   #63
Ligero

Default midi notes not playing in 7.02 vs 6.83

Hi; among the wonderful and working improvements of 7. versions I'm only seeing now what I don't know if it's a bug or a change (maybe I have to tick some box in a menu?) compared to version 6:

When a midi note begins before the item beginning don't play in 7, when in 6 plays at the same time as the item starts. Now in version 7 you have to advance the beginning of the item so Reaper can "see" the note.

Thank you!
Ligero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:05 PM   #64
KChristopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo137 View Post
Per my previous post, my V7.02 with default theme has no markers in the track level meters, and more importantly, no capture of the peak level (for setting levels). Your screen capture shows these features. Are you using the V6 theme, or have you found a simpler way to get the features than @KChristopher's file editing??
I had to do it manually in the "rtconfig.txt" file. In the screenshots you can see the exact line to be modified. Ctrl+F allows you to search more quickly within the file. Anyway, here is my modified Default_7.0.ReaperThemeZip, just open it and the meters will be there: https://bit.ly/ReaperTheme7